gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:40:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 253
Total: 253

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hair Today - Songs Tomorrow  (Read 2551 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: June 22, 2006, 07:11:27 PM »

Hair Today - Songs Tomorrow

What's that sound I hear? Sounds like a buzz.

Clay's new look is all the rage today, but tomorrow (figuratively speaking) we'll all be talking about the songs!

One of Clay's greatest strengths, besides his ebullient and expressive voice, is that he seems to be able to change while remaining true to himself. Let's face it, his looks have changed twenty times over since his AI audition over three years ago.

But his focus has never wavered. Clay once said he wanted to win influence, not fame. His influence has done nothing but grown, from his ability to create awareness of issues, to raise money for UNICEF and other causes, as well as to bring media interest every time he turns around. With everything he has experienced during his career, his priorities have not changed. He still has a heart for children, a passion for inclusion, and a need to share his message. He still finds great joy in singing, and performing.

He remains true to his statements early in his career, that he will not discuss his private life, he will not do things or sing songs he is not comfortable with, and he will define his own type of pop star.

Why does Clay create such interest in the media, both good and bad? Perhaps because he is an agent of change. Some people do resent and fear change, however, I don't think he's out to change the music industry, or the nature of pop culture in general. I do believe he is adamant about offering music fans an alternative; popular music sung beautifully, without bowing to trends or going with the flow. He is not,and will never be, your normal pop star. His voice remains clear, and true and strong.

In an interview just after season two of American Idol, he was asked by Billboard's Chuck Taylor what he thinks about the critics who say he "doesn't look like a pop star." Clay replied, "I'm gonna define my own pop star." And he is.

Congratulations to Taylor Hicks, the new American Idol! Make it work for you buddy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright 2006 by Pamela Broadwell.  Printed with the permission of the writer.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx