gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:21:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 147
Total: 147

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JUNE 19  (Read 3025 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: June 19, 2006, 01:50:06 AM »

Carolee Gross told Steven's story on three Web site message boards for fans of Clay Aiken -- the American Idol singer. Aiken has a wide Christian following and started the Bubel/Aiken Foundation to help ill and disabled children.

Many rethinking protection for young baseball players 
Sunday, June 18, 2006
By MARGARET K. COLLINS

WAYNE -- Parents are buying chest protectors. Coaches are signing up for training. And prayers have gone global for Steven Domalewski, the 12-year-old pitcher struck by a line drive that temporarily stopped his heart.

"He still needs prayers because he's not out of the woods yet," Joseph Domalewski, the boy's father, said on Friday. "He's still fighting. He's a determined kid."

Joseph and Nancy Domalewski have sat at their son's bedside around the clock since he was hospitalized and put in a medically induced coma on June 6.

Steven was hit while pitching at a Police Athletic League baseball game on June 6. The impact -- hitting within a millisecond window between heartbeats -- caused the boy's heart to stop. The rare medical condition -- with a survival rate of 15 percent -- is called commotion cordis. Steven was revived by spectators trained in cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and emergency responders equipped with a defibrillator.

After the freak accident, Bob Gross's 10-year-old son -- a first baseman and pitcher -- asked for a heart guard.

"He said, 'Dad, can you take me to the Sports Authority?' " said Gross, who was coaching his sons on the opposing team when Steven was hit. "I got him a heavy foam rubber chest protector that covers the entire chest. He felt more comfortable having it on. A lot of kids are wearing them now."

Gross' other son does not want to wear one, he said, but both boys have participated in games since Steven's injury. Gross said he plans to get certified in CPR.

"It was a very traumatic experience for everyone there," said Carolee Gross of Wood-Ridge. "All the kids from both teams and many of us in the stands, we were all crying and praying. We thought he had died."

Carolee Gross told Steven's story on three Web site message boards for fans of Clay Aiken -- the American Idol singer. Aiken has a wide Christian following and started the Bubel/Aiken Foundation to help ill and disabled children.

"People all over the world are praying for Steven," she said.

In Wayne, the outpouring of support has not ceased, the family said. Neighbors have tied green and white ribbons around trees, symbolizing their hope that the young pitcher will be home soon.

Doctors are still trying to wean Steven out of the coma. It's still unclear whether the lack of oxygen damaged his brain. He remains in St. Joseph's Children's Hospital at St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center in Paterson.
NORTHJERSEY

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 01:50:55 AM »

From the Broads:

A PUCKING GOOD TIME

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 01:53:30 AM »

Dad, Clay, and...Krispy Kremes
(snip)
When I first brought up my experiences with the Clay fandom with him, he was fascinated and characterically wanted to know all about it. He reminded me that my mom had been a bobby-soxer, screaming over Sinatra. And he asked me, in usual teacher-like fashion, how I thought this was different. Well, considering she was in her teens at the time and I'm nearly 50, plus there was no internet then, yes -- I'd say it's about as different as it can be!

Read the rest:
CONCLAYVE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 01:56:56 AM »

Bice sang his hit "The Real Thing," from his 2005 debut album of the same name, but he left out his No. 2 hit on Billboard's Hot 100 Chart, "Inside Your Heaven." Another version of the song was recorded by 2005 Idol winner Carrie Underwood and went to No. 1 on the same chart.

He also covered "U Make Me Better," Remember Me" and "Valley of Angels" from his album, as well as tunes by other artists, such as John Mellencamp's "Pink Houses."

Bice's album has sold a respectable 625,000 copies, according to Wikipedia's on-line encyclopedia. (By comparison, 2005's top-selling album, "The Emancipation of Mimi" by Mariah Carey, sold almost 5 million copies.)

Other "American Idol" runner-ups have had varied success.

The show's first runner-up, Justin Guarini, sold only 150,000 copies of his album.

However, 2003's runner-up, Clay Aiken, had a huge success and sold almost 3 million copies of "Measure of a Man" and more than 1 million copies of "Merry Christmas With Love."

Diana DeGarmo, 2004's runner-up, sold only slightly more than Guraini.

All of the "American Idol" winners — Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino and Underwood — have sold millions of albums.

The winner of the 2006 contest, Taylor Hicks, and runner-up, Katharine McPhee, have not yet released albums
INSIDEBAYAREA

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 01:58:24 AM »

Following in the footsteps of Clay Aiken before him, another American Idol contestant has become an unlikely heartthrob. People magazine has named "Idol" winner Taylor Hicks the worlds No. 1 hottest bachelor. Hicks says he is ready to settle down, as soon as he finds the right woman -- and he has his eyes set on someone already. The 29-year-old singer is trying to find a woman he made eye-contact with on a recent flight, saying that the moment he saw her was like a scene from a movie.

MEDIALIFEMAGAZINE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 02:00:18 AM »

In the lawsuit roundup:

Ruben Studdard -- remember, he actually won "American Idol" and Clay Aiken came in second -- has been awarded $2 million in his lawsuit against a former manager.

Ruben, aka "The Velvet Teddybear," said Ronald W. Edwards took money out of his checking account, used his credit cards, etc.

The judge gave Ruben $500,000 for his loss and $1.5 million in punitive damages.

POST-GAZETTE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 02:02:31 AM »

According to testimony, Chavez was pertly dressed to kill that day in a crisp, white, buttoned-down shirt.

Clothes make the man, and they can help make a defendant seem as clean as Clay Aiken, so say defense attorneys, who routinely advise their clients to look sharp and sincere at jury trials.

"How you look bears a role. It shouldn't, but it bears a role in the impression jurors get," Santa Fe lawyer Stephen Aarons says.

ABQTRIB

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 02:06:29 AM »

That voice could not be denied

I’ve been meaning to chart my journey into the World of Clay for a few years. At first, I thought I’d do scrapbooks, but it’s expensive just purchasing all the supplies, so then I thought I’d write a journal, and I will, but for now, I’m going to chart it on my blog.

I will be using the words ‘we’ and ‘I’ intermingled because this experience was not only mine, but that of (some of) the Clay Nation, too.
Read the rest:
CLAYSPOTS.BLOGSPOT

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 02:37:41 AM »

Hi M.B....have a great day!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 03:01:14 AM »

lotsa coffee lotsa coffee   morning

G'morning, Buddy!!

Why is it Monday already??!!!

Have a great one!  claymaniacs rocks

Clay "is" the "News"
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 03:02:11 AM »

HELLO DEANNA , JAYNE & ANN READERS  wave

DEANNA, THANKS FOR THE NEWS.

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE.

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 03:55:07 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS.

HAVE A GOOD BLUE MONDAY.  WHERE OH WHERE DID THE WEEKEND GO.  I AM HOPING AND PRAYING THIS WILL BE THE WEEK THAT THE ANN NEWS ROCKS.

CLAY WILL ALWAYS BE THE HOTTIEST IN MY BOOK.  SURE PEOPLE MAGAINZE THINKS IT IS TAYLOR BUT THEY HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING YET.  WAIT UNTIL OUR CLAY RETURNS. Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud!

HAVE A GOOD ONE.

HUGS
RAINEY
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 05:26:18 AM »

Good Morning everyone!!!!!

Thanks for the news!!

Have a Clay wonderful day!!!!!!!

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
ILClaymate
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 06:29:11 AM »

morning coffee Good Monday morning!

Stars seek new leading roles
BY TINA SUSMAN
Newsday Staff Writer
June 19, 2006

George Clooney was there. Mia Farrow was there. So were Drew Barrymore, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Naomi Watts, Matt Damon and Bono.
<snip>

Celebrity activism is not new. UNICEF, the United Nations Children's Fund, seized on the idea of in the 1950s when entertainer Danny Kaye became its first globe-trotting ambassador, speaking out on children's issues. Since then, it has used scores of stars, from "American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken, who visited Indonesia and Uganda last year, to Farrow, who spent a week in Darfur this month.

NEWSDAY
ILClaymate
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 06:33:58 AM »

7 reasons to watch tonight's Game 7
ANDREW SHAIN

Not a big hockey fan? Here are seven things to know about Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals between the Carolina Hurricanes and Edmonton Oilers tonight in Raleigh. A Canes win would be the first major professional title in the Carolinas
<snip>

6. Look for: Players lunging to block pucks shot at up to 100 mph; which team wins the most face-offs -- a sign of who'll take the game; and celebs in the crowd -- Ric Flair and Clay Aiken were at Game 5.

CHARLOTTE
ILClaymate
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 06:35:25 AM »

Posted by fancynails4 at CB:

Another Daily Buzz Mention.......Not Bad, For A Change!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the personalities on The Daily Buzz (UPN 6-9 am M-F) reported on Ruben being 'awarded' $2 mil from his ex-manager for embezzlement. "Now he has enough money to sue Clay Aiken for stealing his career." They showed the pic of Clay and Ruben taken during AI2 where Ruben is sitting down and Clay has his left arm on Ruben's shoulder.
paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2006, 06:40:38 AM »

If you are one of those that following the band faithfully, don't stop believing no matter what accusation gets tossed out; that seems to work for most Clay Aiken fans. Then again, maybe they can hire Clay to sing for them. Say what you want about Aiken, but he can sing and Journey seems like a good fit.

http://www.antimusic.com/news/06/june/1906.shtml

(This is a story about Journey lip-synching.)
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx