gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:50:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 160
Total: 160

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Critical Mass 11 :: Clay Discussion  (Read 223912 times)
paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #1980 on: July 14, 2006, 07:00:15 AM »

Hey Aikenseeker,
Hi  I read this at the Clackhouse and thought this would interest you since you seem to have a thing for Bucky..
From CV:
T'Aiken wrote:
I read this at the AI board tonight. It was posted on July 5th. I wonder if it will happen anytime soon. How nice that Clay is so friendly and supportive of the idols from various seasons. He's such a nice and friendly guy, our Clay.
Quote:
ogopogo
7/5/2006 2:34:00 PM PST
Canadian fan of Clay's here. (and loving Bucky). So what is the story behind the long wait? Does anyone really know? I'm sure RCA would love the money we are anxiously waiting to part with. Does he not want to have to tour? Thanks for sharing the pictures. Was sure happy to see them both supporting Kelly's Raleigh stop.
Clay has asked Bucky and his lovely wife Crystal to come to his home and have dinner with him. With the Tour starting tonight, they haven't had the opportunity yet. It was really kind of Clay to befriend a fellow North Carolinian. I'm sure they will become fast friends. (p.s. friends behind the scenes say Nashville has signed Bucky but label has not been formally confirmed)

Quote:
Hey there, Canada.

How did you get the word on Clay's invite to Bucky? Guess he didn't want to invite Kellie or Chris too?

Quote:
ogopogo
7/5/2006 2:52:00 PM PST
Bucky's stepmother (Special Mother) chats on the Bucky Board with us and that came from her direct chat with Bucky. Clay talked to him behind stage at the Finale.

I saw Bucky the other night on the AI tour. He sounded pretty good. He did a duet with Kellie ("Let's give them something to talk about" by Bonnie Raitt)  I enjoyed it!
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1981 on: July 14, 2006, 07:29:27 AM »

MARILYN--YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE FALL.  I KNOW IT WILL BE COOLER.  I KNOW I CAN GO WHENEVER.  BUT--IN MY HEART---I DON'T THINK THERE WILL BE A FALL TOUR.  I THINK THE BEST WE CAN HOPE FOR IS A JNT3 FOR A LITTLE WHILE AND THEN A TOUR NEXT YEAR.  IT IS SOOOOOO LONG UNTIL NEXT YEAR AND I DON'T FEEL LIKE WISHING MY LIFE AWAY. 

THAT IS WHY I JUST WANT TO SEE HIM SURFACE SOMEWHERE.  A LITTLE BANTER AND GIGGLE WOULD MEAN SO MUCH.

I AM USUALLY A VERY "UP" PERSON.  THE MORE TIME THAT GOES BY, THE LESS POSITIVE I AM FEELING.  I HOPE THAT I AM WRONG.  I MISS HIM SO AND I MISS SEEING EVERYONE. 

OY.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
gagran
Claylicious

« Reply #1982 on: July 14, 2006, 07:38:42 AM »

Marilyn

I second Sunny's suggestion. A walk around the neighborhood is great exercise (you don't need any special athletic skills  Laughing) and it's a great mood lifter  .

I walk 2 miles every day.

Susan

I really admire clay's interest in and knowledge of disability issues. I also admire all his other"assets"!!

In loving memory of my "neighbor" jj
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1983 on: July 14, 2006, 08:12:57 AM »

SUNNY AND GAGRAN- THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTIONS, BUT I WAS ACTUALLY BEING FACETIOUS AND LEADING TO SOMETHING ELSE.
I DID START RIDING MY BICYCLE THIS WEEK AND HAVENT MISSED A DAY YET. AND WITH THE RAIN I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO WALK.  I MAY START WALKING AFTER THE SUN GOES DOWN.

AND GWENN- HOPEFULLY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT THE TOUR- BUT WHO KNOWS? SOON MUST BE IN INCREMENTS OF MONTHS BY CLAY'S STANDARDS.

I WISH WE KNEW WHETHER ANY TOUR DATES HAVE BEEN DISCUSSED. BUT........................ I AM GETTING IMPATIENT ALSO.
I THINK ITS BECAUSE CLAY HAS ALWAYS BEEN SO VERY BUSY WITH APPEARANCES AND TOURS ETC. IN 2003,2004 AND 2005.  SEVEN MONTHS WITH ONLY THREE OR FOUR GLIMPSES IS A VERY LONG TIME UNDER FAN STANDARDS.

AND THE OTHER THING IS- HOW IS HE EARNING MONEY FOR RCA ETC IF HE ISNT DOING ANYTHING? DOES THAT FACTOR IN?

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1984 on: July 14, 2006, 08:25:16 AM »

AND THE OTHER THING IS- HOW IS HE EARNING MONEY FOR RCA ETC IF HE ISNT DOING ANYTHING? DOES THAT FACTOR IN?

I WONDERED THE SAME THING.  IS HE THAT RICH THAT HE DOESN'T NEED TO EARN A LIVING?  HE HASN'T EARNED A DIME THIS YEAR.  MUST BE NICE.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #1985 on: July 14, 2006, 08:25:40 AM »

SMART ALECK!! I MEANT THE MEAT OF THE CONVERSATION- THE FILLER, THE.............never mind

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!  

The filler is the best part.

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
cjrmax
« Reply #1986 on: July 14, 2006, 08:47:58 AM »

I think my fandom has changed.  I was discussing this with a friend last night and we both see a definite change in our fandom (and we both leave open the possibility that it will change yet again when he does resurface....  ).  Maybe its the hair, which neither of us like.  But I think its more than that.  The same intensity isn't there.  Maybe it is just a natural progression of the obsession. But it most definitely is different.  I still love him, but I don't feel the need for him or even for news about him like I once did.  (And I know with that hair I don't find him at all HOT anymore....)

I don't miss him.  I am not in the slightest bit impatient about news or the CD or him resurfacing.  I am not fretting about when the tour will be.  I KNOW he will be back.  I KNOW there will be news.  I KNOW there will be a CD.  I KNOW there will be a tour.  I would only worry if I had any doubts that any of those things would happen, and I don't.

I have too many other things to deal with in my life to be spending time fretting about Clay.

MARILYN--YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE FALL.  I KNOW IT WILL BE COOLER.  I KNOW I CAN GO WHENEVER.  BUT--IN MY HEART---I DON'T THINK THERE WILL BE A FALL TOUR.  I THINK THE BEST WE CAN HOPE FOR IS A JNT3 FOR A LITTLE WHILE AND THEN A TOUR NEXT YEAR.  IT IS SOOOOOO LONG UNTIL NEXT YEAR AND I DON'T FEEL LIKE WISHING MY LIFE AWAY. 

THAT IS WHY I JUST WANT TO SEE HIM SURFACE SOMEWHERE.  A LITTLE BANTER AND GIGGLE WOULD MEAN SO MUCH.

I AM USUALLY A VERY "UP" PERSON.  THE MORE TIME THAT GOES BY, THE LESS POSITIVE I AM FEELING.  I HOPE THAT I AM WRONG.  I MISS HIM SO AND I MISS SEEING EVERYONE. 

OY.

GWENN

Gwenn, this made me worry about you!  You sound so needy and desperate!  And for you to say you would be wishing your life away waiting for a tour.... Naughty  I KNOW you have A LOT more to your life than Clay and I know you know it too!

This is just my opinion, but I think everyone needs to take a deep breath on all this.  There IS a CD and it even has a name.  It will be released this year.  There will be a tour sometime.  He will be making a ton of appearances around the time the CD is released.  He will be back - bad hair and all.  You know that old expression "Good things come to those who wait...".  I would be willing to bet that everyone on this board has more to their life than Clay (and if you don't, you have other problems! Wink).  I mean, even I do and I have almost less of a life than anyone!  Laughing  Try getting more involved in real life and just step back from all this for awhile.  It truly is like the watched pot that never boils (I am just the queen of cliches today! Smile).  If you stop watching it, it will seem to boil faster.

So my suggestion for all the desperate ladies, go read a book, go for a walk, play some non-Clay music, step away from the computer for a few days. Everything will happen when it happens.  No need to drive yourselves crazy waiting!

Unless that makes you happy.............. 
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #1987 on: July 14, 2006, 08:53:02 AM »

HE HASN'T EARNED A DIME THIS YEAR.  MUST BE NICE.

I thought about that too.. By not touring this summer, he has said no to conservatively a million??  Or at least in that ball park..  Must be nice to be in that place for him at 27!!!!!

I'm getting anxious because I usually work the fall semester and if that is the BIG FOCUS for Clay, in 2006, I'll be limited by responsibility...in what I can attend..      

I know, a very partisan observation... But  one that is buggin' me!!!   none the less..  

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #1988 on: July 14, 2006, 08:55:32 AM »

HE HASN'T EARNED A DIME THIS YEAR.  MUST BE NICE.

I thought about that too.. By not touring this summer, he has said no to conservatively a million??  Or at least in that ball park..  Must be nice to be in that place for him at 27!!!!!

I'm getting anxious because I usually work the fall semester and if that is the BIG FOCUS for Clay, in 2006, I'll be limited by responsibility...in what I can attend..      

I know, a very partisan observation... But  one that is buggin' me!!!   none the less..  

WELL, ACCORDING TO ET.  HE MADE 27 MILLION DOLLARS LAST YEAR...
cjrmax
« Reply #1989 on: July 14, 2006, 09:00:04 AM »

Ok, this is just funny - even if you like that god-awful hair!  From RHT via CV:

Tiny, random, and sorta funny mention of Clay in an article reviewing "Pirates" and "Superman Returns."
"Superman" seems weighed down by seven decades as an American idol. (And who wouldn't be? Look what two years did to poor Clay Aiken's hair.)

DesMoines Register

ROFLMAO ROFLMAO
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1990 on: July 14, 2006, 09:05:01 AM »

MY LIFE IS MORE THAN FULL, CHRISTIE.  YOU KNOW THAT.  I AM ALWAYS BUSY.   I AM SELDOM HOME.  THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE.  NEVER HAS BEEN AND NEVER WILL BE.  BUT I AM NOT A PATIENT PERSON.  EVERYONE KNOWS THAT BY NOW.  WAITING IS SOMETHING I HATE.  EVEN WHEN BARRY AND I SHOP FOR FURNITURE---WHICH WE DID YESTERDAY---IF WE DECIDE WE WILL BUY SOMETHING TODAY, THEN WE DO.  I DON'T FRET OVER THINGS.  IT MAKES ME NUTS.  SO WHEN CLAY SAYS "SOON" WELL, I THINK 7 MONTHS IS MORE THAN SOON.  IT ANNOYS ME.

I MISS CLAY AND I AM NOT ASHAMED TO SAY IT.  HE BRINGS ANOTHER DIMENSION TO MY LIFE.  HE IS FUN.  I HAVE TONS TO LOOK FORWARD TO THIS SUMMER---BUT I MISS MY CLAY TRIPS. 

I THINK EVERYONE'S FANDOM IS DIFFERENT.  YOU CAN'T HAVE THE INTENSITY FOR 3 YEARS.  LIKE A LOVE AFFAIR, THE HEAT DIES DOWN.  BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU WANT IT TO GO AWAY.  EVERY DAY IS LONG GONE, BUT ONCE IN A WHILE AIN'T BAD EITHER.   shocking

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #1991 on: July 14, 2006, 09:23:25 AM »

Philly wrote:
WELL, ACCORDING TO ET.  HE MADE 27 MILLION DOLLARS LAST YEAR...
I wonder if he'd let me borrow one.... Laughing

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1992 on: July 14, 2006, 09:25:01 AM »

I think it is only natural to have a change in fandom/intensity/whatever in these slow times.

I started on this board because I was a Clay fan.  I stayed because I found friendship and a kinda neat hobby (moderating). Wink

Now the members here mean more to me than Clay does.  Huggles

Does that mean that I don't still support Clay?  No! of course not!!  It just means my fandom is twofold now.  Clay is NOT the center of it at this moment---
Claymaniacs is!!!

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #1993 on: July 14, 2006, 10:02:04 AM »

My main frustration regarding no CD and/or tour is that I feel that we have been "teased"  -  and not always in a good way.  The Quite Soon statement was by Clay himself - a very long time ago!  Rumors and speculations have been our pathetic "sources" of hoped for information.

Many of us felt that his appearance on AI-5 finale was the beginning of the "promotion to ready the world for Clay's new CD".  Strike while the iron is hot!     Now I feel the iron is only luke-warm!  Paranoid

Now we have blogs and contests regarding the elusive CD, but no announcement of WHEN!   

I do believe that an "official" release date for the CD from the man, himself, would relieve much of the frustration.  We still could be disappointed that the "wait" continues  . . . . but we would finally know.   

And then we could wonder and wait to hear about a TV appearances, introduction of a new single,  . . . . and wait for rumors and speculations regarding a tour! 

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
cjrmax
« Reply #1994 on: July 14, 2006, 10:06:10 AM »

Gwenn, when you said you don't like wishing your life away in reference to Clay not touring until 2007, that worried me because it doesn't sound like you.  That's why I said I knew you had more to your life than Clay and I knew you knew it too!

And please!  Don't tell me you don't fret!  You are one of the biggest "fretters" I know...a.k.a. worrier!  You have admitted it to me many times!

Listen, everyone does their own thing.  But I get so tired of the posts EVERYWHERE - not just here - that are whining about no news, no tour, when will we hear, etc. etc., etc.  They all sound so desperate!  And AS I SAID, I KNOW most, like Gwenn, have very full lives outside of Clay.  So why the whining and the desperation?  Its not just impatience.

But whatever.  I just know I am happier where I am now because my Clay world is not as important to me as it once was.  Some of the people I have come to know because of it - yes.  But they are now separate from Clay.  It is not like I have totally lost interest in Clay.  I am still here, aren't I? (much to the chagrin of many I am sure... Wink)  It is just I am not upset, anxious, desperate or whatever about Clay news.  When it happens it happens.

And as I said, I reserve the right to go back to my old fangirly status when all the fun does start, or when he cuts that damn hair, which ever comes first!  Laughing
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #1995 on: July 14, 2006, 10:14:24 AM »

My main frustration regarding no CD and/or tour is that I feel that we have been "teased"  -  and not always in a good way.  The Quite *~*SoOoN!!*~* statement was by Clay himself - a very long time ago!  Rumors and speculations have been our pathetic "sources" of hoped for information.

Many of us felt that his appearance on AI-5 finale was the beginning of the "promotion to ready the world for Clay's new CD".  Strike while the iron is hot!     Now I feel the iron is only luke-warm!  Paranoid

Now we have blogs and contests regarding the elusive CD, but no announcement of WHEN!   

I do believe that an "official" release date for the CD from the man, himself, would relieve much of the frustration.  We still could be disappointed that the "wait" continues  . . . . but we would finally know.   

And then we could wonder and wait to hear about a TV appearances, introduction of a new single,  . . . . and wait for rumors and speculations regarding a tour! 

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1996 on: July 14, 2006, 10:15:34 AM »

My main frustration regarding no CD and/or tour is that I feel that we have been "teased"  -  and not always in a good way.  The Quite *~*SoOoN!!*~* statement was by Clay himself - a very long time ago!  Rumors and speculations have been our pathetic "sources" of hoped for information.

AGREED.   Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #1997 on: July 14, 2006, 10:20:08 AM »

I'm looking forward to a new tour too however that being said.

With my dad being so sick I've been helping my mom out every night after work for the last month.

I also just finished one book this morning and am halfway through another.

This weekend is Bastille day in Frenchtown - I'll probably go to that and head into New Hope to see how some of the shop owners I know made out with the flooding.

Still excited about the prospect of a tour and a new CD though but yeah, my life is pretty full, the Clay stuff is what I look foward to while dealing with all the day to day stuff of life.

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #1998 on: July 14, 2006, 10:21:19 AM »

RL keeps me from here....RL in a good way 

Know anyone who wants to buy a house in South Florida?????I got one up for sale...

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #1999 on: July 14, 2006, 10:39:44 AM »

For me, this fandom means more than just my love and support for Clay.  It's my love and support for everyone here on this site.  I'm a patient person, for the most part.  I don't fret over when the CD will be released.  I know it will be, and I will be here when it is.  I've always said that Clay is telling us what he's "allowed" to tell us.  I don't believe he's "teasing us".  I believe he's trying his best to keep us occupied until he can tell us something.  He has bosses.....it's not just up to him and what he wants.  If that were the case, I'm sure he be shouting it from the rafters.  I don't know why everyone is blaming him.  It's only been seven months, people.  Some artists aren't heard from for years.  Now, I know that shouldn't be the case with someone who's just starting his career, but give the guy a break.  He's given his fans more than most.  And, I for one appreciate that.  Clay has not dropped off the face of the earth.  He's home, in Raleigh, as anxious as us I'm sure, to be back in our lives.  It's just not time yet.   I'm confident that TC knows what they're doing.  They will release Clay to the world again when the time is right.  In the meantime, I don't begrudge him the time off with his family and friends.  Once promotion starts, I don't imagine he'll have much time to pee.   Laughing 

As far as Clay not making any money, not one of us knows how his contact reads.  I would imagine he's drawing a salary even tho he's not touring.  If RCA is not worried about Clay not making them any money during this "hiatus" we shouldn't worry about it either. 

Lastly, my fandom is not based on how Clay looks.  I could care less!  If he shaved his head and had pot marks all over his face, he would still be beautiful to me.  His soul outshines all his physical attributes.  His voice makes us "feel".  That's all I need for beauty. 

Here's a big  Huggles for everyone! 

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx