gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:28:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 135
Total: 135

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Poll
Question: How and when did you discover Clay and join Clay Nation?
During AI2
Post AI2 Media Blitz
AI2 Tour
On a morning show
On a late night show
Primetime Live Interview
Saturday Night Live
Other

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: POLL: Discovering Clay - How, When, Where  (Read 11415 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2006, 09:01:00 PM »

Lolita, you did just fine!  Thank you!

I love reading everyone's story.  My own is simple - didn't watch AI1, wasn't watching AI2. In fact, I had a class on Tuesday nights.  But a friend in Vancouver was watching Clay, and when she learned he was from Raleigh, she emailed me..."Do you know Clay Aiken?  He's from Raleigh!" 

I assured her I wasn't acquainted with every citizen of Raleigh, but she wanted me to vote for him so I told her I would watch.  We had satellite TV, and back then we got a west coast feed at 11 pm, which is what I watched due to my class.

I first saw Clay on Motown night.  Sugar pie! Honey bunch!  Competitions make me nervous though, so I would come home from class, go on TWOP or FORT and get his voting number and find out how he did before I could watch the late feed.  So, I voted every week before I actually saw him perform. Laughing
Bass ackwards...as usual!

The night of the anomaly.  I was at the RBC Center along with 8,000 some other fans to watch the show on the jumbotron.  The first time he showed up on the screen, in the pepto pink dressing room ("What is this crap?) I knew the outcome was not going to be good.  I don't know how.... just a feeling.  Booooooooooo!  Laughing

Then came the tour.  I didn't get a ticket.  But kept reading about it, and about Clay, and watching clack, and then all the good tickets were gone.  So I registered on a bunch of message boards and begged for a miracle.  I met a nice fangirl at the Clackhouse, Xamzil, who had an extra ticket.  At dinner before the concert, she told me she had upgraded to the front row.  So, I was fortunate to sit front row center for Clay's first concert in Raleigh.

GOOD TIMES!   Purple Banana

I posted a little bit on a couple of boards, then I found Claymaniacs in September.  And here I am! 
Clayhottiefan007
Enthusiastic

Brett and Clay's Lil Freshman College TCC Girl!!!

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2006, 09:09:25 PM »

I discovered Clay by watching MTV TRL!!

Kat. Huggles
DHS Class of '09
In loving memory of Debi <3
Got Clayed on 7/7/07 in Tulsa
TCC Class of '12
Be Smart and be ABOVE THE INFLUENCE and NOT UNDER
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2006, 09:07:10 AM »

I too am one that started watching AI during the finale of Season 1.  I thought it was a cool premise after seeing that show, so I started watching when Season 2 started.  I noticed Clay right away.  Partly because he was from North Carolina and living here, you always want to pull for the home state people, but also because of that voice!  I was sad when he got kicked off during Group 2, but then when he made it back for the Wild Card I was thrilled!  Obviously I watched the whole season and when it was over I wanted any type of information about him I could find.  It took me awhile to finally find Claymaniacs, but I did and I couldn't be happier!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
Claygirl
SuperFan

Always have faith, and there will be a way.

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2006, 12:51:10 PM »

This is a great topic!  I almost didn't watch AI2, I never watched  AI1, but I kept hearing people talk about it, so I tuned in to AI2, just because nothing else was on that night, I saw Clay's audition, and was just drawn in to his beautiful voice. When he was cut, I thought I'd never see him again, until they said he'd be on the wildcard show, I still remember how thrilled I was when they announced his name and he made it through! Thud!  And after watching, and voting for him every week, I realized I couldn't stop thinking about him, and I've been following his career ever since!  Love!

Angel Baby Dust ~Kelly~ Baby Dust
Love! I love Clay Aiken! Music heartbeat claymaniacs rocks
Hearing Clay's voice, quiets the ones in my head. Wink
(Clay's biggest fan and David Cook "Word Nerd" #2894!) :heartburst
Invisible Touch
Claymaniac

Minneapolis, MN

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2006, 09:18:27 PM »

I came across AI 2 in the middle of the season and started watching.  I thought Clay was one of the better singers, but really didn't pay much attention.  In fact, it took until BOTW for me to decide between Ruben and Clay.   Paranoid

I was dissappointed that he didn't win, but didn't see any of the media blitz.  I heard TITN on the radio a coupld of times. 

Then I happened to see a preview for the Primetime Live Interview in October, and I remember thinking "Oh, I think that was that guy from AI"  So, I watched it and I fell for him right then and there.  For some reason I was also taping it, I have no idea why, but it is lucky that I was because I can't tell you how many times I rewatched it that weekend.  There was a tiny little clips of Invisible and MOAM that I wished were longer!

After that, I looked on the internet to try to find out what other TV programs he was going to be on.  I found Claymaniacs around the time that he performed on the Billboard Music Awards, I thought that I had noticed he looked sick, so I looked around to see what other fans were thinking.  I have been around ever since.  I don't post a lot, but I do lurk most days.

It was 3 years ago today that he performed BOTW and blew me away. 

"Clay Aiken is an ordinary-extraordinary human being.  I hope we always remember to treat him as that human being rather than the idol he chooses not to be."  – Kathy Malamut (Beavers on Idol)
hotwaxonclay
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2006, 11:10:39 AM »

What awesome stories guys!

Mine is pretty funny...I actually heard Clay before I saw him. You see I was in the pep band and we had basketball games every Tueswday and then we had drama rehersal, so I always missed AI until the games were moved to Fridays. My friend Erin had this walkman  that could pick up tv and radio stations on it and she let me listen to Idol that way. I had been watching on and off during auditions of season 1 and then watched it every week since and knew I couldn't miss the 2nd season. But I was listening and heard a guy come in with an accent to die for. I remember having some of my friends around me listen to his accent. Then when he started singing I knew he'd be my favorite for a loooong time. I didn't see him until motown night when I was walking in the door from drama rehersal. I taped all the shows, voted hundreds of times, registered on Bolt. It was awesome. I remember staying on Bolt for hours and hours and we would think of things for Clay to do to let us know he was reading the boards, and I was even in on the original group who thought of Claymates.

Then after he lost I remember crying on the phone with my best friend, and then coming to the Bolt boards and it was seriously like someone died.

Ever since then I've supported him 100% and have noticed that my interest in him has not yet lingered.

I've only been to 2 shows, Idols Live and JNT 04 and they were probably the best moments of my life. Everyone that knows me knows that I LOVE CLAY AIKEN and have for a looong time lol. TOnight is our music banquet and the seniors get to decorate a table with things about them, I'm putting pictures of Clay on it b/c crazy as it sounds, he is a part of me and everyone else here.

Can I get a big whoop whoop for Clay Aiken?  Clapping
Dragon
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »

I didn't watch AI 1 or 2.  My sister watched AI 3 and i watched it with her and thought, this is pretty good.  i had heard about Clay Aiken, but never thought twice about him and was thinking about what he sounded like.
Sometime in there i watched the Mrs. America or USA or some pageant and he sang and i was like WOW!! he's good!
I was going to europe with my school that next week, so my mom got the cd for me as long as i promised i wouldn't listen to it before i left.  i listened to it on the plane and a little when we got to Germany, but then my CD player broke.  i was so mad.  i had to wait 10 days until i could listen to it again. 
When i got home, i listened to it and learned all the songs.  I still wanted more.  i came online and did searches, found websites, downloaded AI 2, pictures, ect.
He came to Albuquerque.  i went and took my friend. my mom bought the tickets, i was only in 8th grade, and she bought bad seats.  it was a good concert, excluding the fact that i had to watch it on the screens cause i couldn't see him clearly. 
My dad went to get the book and cd when they came out while i was in school.  i listened to the cd while reading the book and was just in awe the whole time.  The Merry Christmas with love just blew me away.
I've grown in my love for clay since then, and last november, for christmas, my dad flew me out to Phoenix to see the JNT 2005.  that was so beautiful and i'm so glad i saw it.

Now, i love Clay Aiken, cant' get enough of them, and waiting  (not patiently)  for something to happen.
may
Claynewbie

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2007, 08:06:55 AM »

I never watched the first season of American Idol even though I heard about it. Then the second season came and
      since there was nothing good to watch on TV, I started watching American Idol. For some reason I stopped watching
      the show. Then when I was at work and my manager was listening to the radio the DJ asked people who they think
       should be the next American Idol. I heard a couple of people saying Clay Aiken. Then I started watching the show again
       to see what the fuss was all about and when I saw Clay and heard his voice I became hooked. I started voting for Clay
       every week including the finale. I was sooo upset when he lost that now when Idol is on I don't even bother voting
        anymore. After Idol ended in 2003 I started buying Clay's CDS. So far I have gone to 4 of his concerts and joined
        Claymaniacs after looking in the website for information about my favorite idol. I have met 2 very nice people from
        Claymaniacs and I am so happy that I started watching Idol again in 2003 after I stopped for a while because if it wasn't
        for American idol Clay would have never been famous and have soo many dedicated fans like me!!

From, May      

Clay Aiken is my Favorite Idol.
Keep up the good work Clay.
 Your Claymates Love You!!!!!
kathleena
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2008, 01:10:39 PM »

Hello,   wave  I am new to the board (have been lurking), and this is my first post!     
I first saw Clay when AI2 was down to the top 3.  I had heard some hype, but didn't know about any of the singers.  I liked all 3, and at that point, wasn't sure who was my favorite.  I remember being surprised at how close Clay and Ruben seemed to be, despite their being rivals.   I didn't even vote that season.   shrug  (While Clay is my absolute favorite singer, I also still like and respect Ruben too.)

Then, much later, I was looking for a new Christmas CD.  I listened to samples on Amazon of Clay's MCWL CD.  I was blown away by "Mary, Did You Know?" I bought the CD and absolutely loved it.  My whole family does.  I played it wayyyyy past the Christmas season.  After that, I gradually started noticing Clay on TV, hearing about him, and watching him on YouTube.  I decided to buy MOAM, and I bought his book.   I have read it several times, and lent it to numerous others to read.  It's so inspirational.  After reading his book, I was hooked on more than just his music.    :heartburst

Our whole family (3 generations) went to see him in Baltimore for his Christmas Tour (symphony) a little while back.  DH and I went to see Spamalot  in March (no stage door that night).  Sir Robin sings

I love ATDW, but my favorite (not counting MCWL) is the new CD.  There is not a bad song on it. 

I really started reading this board when trying to follow the sales on  the new CD.  I just wish more people would discover On My Way Here, and Clay!   dog
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx