gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:56:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 432
Total: 432

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 12  (Read 1714 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: May 12, 2006, 04:07:59 AM »

Clay Aiken (runner-up, Season 2) -- After a huge start to his post-"Idol" career, including a big-selling first album, a Christmas CD and several big tours, he has been quiet lately. His Web site, www.clayaiken.com, says he's working on a third album.

Losing is not so bad for 'Idol' contestants
Paris Bennett did not win "American Idol," but the loss hardly means a ticket straight to oblivion-ville.

Of the 42 former "Idol" contestants who failed to win the big title, a few have managed to carve out careers in television, theater and music.

A sampling of what some nonwinners are doing:

Clay Aiken (runner-up, Season 2) -- After a huge start to his post-"Idol" career, including a big-selling first album, a Christmas CD and several big tours, he has been quiet lately. His Web site, www.clayaiken.com, says he's working on a third album.
DETNEWS

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 04:16:10 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS.

THANKS FOR THE NEWS DEANNA AND HOPE THAT RUMOR THAT IS GOING AROUND ABOUT A NEW CD NOT UNTIL FALL IS JUST THAT A RUMOR.

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND.  I AM GOING OFF TO BUILD AN ARK.  SEE YOU LATER.

HUGS
RAINEY
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 04:20:53 AM »

American Idol 5, May 10: Top Four Results – Next Stop, Heartbreak Hotel
by Donna Reynolds -- 05/11/2006 
The top four took on Elvis Presley this week, complete with a tour of Graceland. But only three can advance, and someone will be feeling a whole mess of blues. Is Elliott’s dream only make believe? Is Katharine in double trouble? Did Chris’ fans decide he’ll have to go? Will Taylor have to take his blue suede shoes back to Birmingham? It’s now or never. (snip)

So, where does this leave us? I think the door finally opened wide for Taylor Hicks to step across the threshold and become the next American Idol. But it will not be easy. Elliott is so close he can taste it, and Katharine isn’t going to go quietly into the night. I’m not going to even try and predict this one. It’s all going to depend on their performances next week and how motivated the viewers are to vote. One thing is certain, though. This is going to be the most intense two weeks in the history of this show. Can you say Ruben/Clay all over again. All I can say is wooooooooooooo! Soul Patrol!
REALITYNEWSONLINE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 04:25:26 AM »

American Idol: We're All Rocked Out
Posted by: LindaK on Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 04:11 AM PST

Is Wednesday's result the shocker we've all been expecting? Or would we have felt this way no matter who had been eliminated? (snip)

Elliott fans are still celebrating in the streets. Good for you, Elliott, as you definitely deserve to be in the top 3. Taylor is still on track to join Kelly, Clay and Carrie as a member of the elite club that has never seen the bottom. Good for you too, Taylor. And Kat, you have a reprieve. Bring your A game next week. These boys are going to hold nothing back and it would be great if you make this a real competition.

Chris, good luck to you. All the powers that be think you will sound great on a cd, and someone is bound to make those words a reality. I expect we have not heard the last of you!

Having two guys and a girl in the final 3 brings back fond memories of season 2 and Clay, Ruben, and Kim L. Can Taylor, Elliott and Kat match the magic? As before, the female is the underdog. As before, two unlikely males are top contenders, one a harmonica player with gray hair and manic dancing, who Simon originally said would never make it to the rounds of public voting, and one who has diabetes, is 90% deaf in one ear, was not a favorite going in, and gained momentum each week based on his voice. I love this show!

MEDIAFIENDS
Good Morning Lorraine!! wave  Make sure to leave room on the ark for clack. Wink

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 04:42:57 AM »

Here are the Top Music searches on Lycos for the week ending May 6, 2006:

1. Britney Spears
2. Jessica Simpson
3. Jennifer Lopez
4. Shakira
5. Clay Aiken
6. Zac Efron
7. Beyonce
8. 50 Cent
9. Christina Aguilera
10. Eminem

LYCOS50

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 04:58:37 AM »

So how about I don’t remember a SINGLE performance of Ruben’s during the top 3. I mean, I was like, he sang that? Then I scrolled down the list and realized the only Ruben performance I remember is “Sweet Home Alabama.” If any guy’s performances ran together like a streaming river of mediocrity, it was season two’s winner. Therefore, I can’t tell you what he picked, or the judges picked, or whatever, cause who the hell knows? I do know season two they had to choose out of a hat, but those hats were rigged as Kim got ‘Band of Gold.” I mean seriously, if she had drawn “Vincent,” and Clay had drawn “Band of Gold” would they have really let that happen?
MEDIAFIENDS

Clay "is" the "News"
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx