gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:57:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 387
Total: 387

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 10  (Read 3537 times)
ILClaymate
« on: May 10, 2006, 11:00:31 AM »

To date, American Idol has only produced one bonafide pop superstar in Kelly Clarkson with Clay Aiken following close behind with his own loyal fan base.

Elvis Night on American Idol
By Steve Taylor
Wednesday, May 10, 2006

<snip>
Since its U.S. inception in 2001, American Idol has turned a variety of everyday "average Joe" types into household names, including such singers as Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini, Clay Aiken, Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino, Jennifer Hudson, Constantine Maroulis, Bo Bice, Nikko Smith, and Carrie Underwood, even UC Berkeley student, William Hung for his awful yet lovable rendition of Ricky Martin's "She Bangs." To date, American Idol has only produced one bonafide pop superstar in Kelly Clarkson with Clay Aiken following close behind with his own loyal fan base.

DEADBOLT
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 11:24:14 AM »

Yeah, ANN is back!!!!!!

Thanks for the news, Angela.

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 11:36:25 AM »

SURE MISSED STARTING MY DAY WITH THE NEWS.  THANKS.

HUGS
RAINEY
ILClaymate
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 11:38:14 AM »

wave Hey Debbie and Rainey!  I'm still working on it.  I'm not used to starting this so bear with me.  Smile  I still didn't get it right...guess Ms. D will have to teach me! 

Idol Watch: Chris Misses

The four American Idol finalists took a little trip to Graceland, home of the original American Idol, Elvis Presley, for Tuesday night's show. But Elvis is also one of the great pop-star nightmares: The gloppy tentacles of success got their suction cups all over that one and pulled him down and away. The thought of Clay Aiken's arteries clogged with fried peanut butter and jelly sandwiches ... it's sad beyond description.
<snip>

AOL PEOPLE
ILClaymate
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 11:39:58 AM »

Yamin Be There

Casey Donovan won Australian Idol a couple years ago, and a big chick named Michelle McManus won Pop Idol to the chagrin of every marketeer across the globe. In Norway, a Hobbit-like fellow named Kurt Nilsen not only won his country's competition, he beat out American Idol Kelly Clarkson in a global made-for-TV Idol competition.

A plumber before his Idol fame, Nilsen makes American Idol 2 runner-up Clay Aiken look like Brad Pitt, or at least somebody on par with, well, somebody not as homely as these singers.

RYANWELTON
ILClaymate
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 12:32:18 PM »

Clay mention on Scarborough Country on MSNBC
regarding AI bias
Posted by drmchaser614 at CH:

They spoke about this year's show and there were Clay mentions.
If anyone on the West Coast can cap this it would be great.
The show was Scarborough Country -- MSNBC 9est - 10est
One of the things said was that during Clay's year, Simon said "We must stop him, we must stop him".
They also mentioned that Clay (as runner-up) has had more success than the winner.

MSNBC ~ watch the video clip here!
ILClaymate
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 12:34:23 PM »

'American Idol' likes the South
Talent influencing future searches
By Mike Hughes
Gannett News Service

<snip>
North Carolina has already given Idol two of its most popular contestants - Clay Aiken (the second-year runner-up) and Fantasia Barrino (the third-year champion).

CLARION LEDGER
ILClaymate
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 12:36:36 PM »

Who will win?

<snip>
TAYLOR HICKS

A Justin or a Kelly? Justin Guarini and Clay Aiken were interesting diversions, but America got sick of them. Same with ol' Taylor.

QUICK DFW-POPLIFE
ILClaymate
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 12:38:59 PM »

Daughtry draws from small-town roots
MIKE BAKER
Associated Press

<snip>
Daughtry isn't the first North Carolina resident to find success on "Idol." Popular 2003 runner-up Clay Aiken lives in Raleigh, and 2004 winner Fantasia Barrino lived 25 miles from McLeansville in High Point before moving to Charlotte.

CHARLOTTE

ILClaymate
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 12:43:25 PM »

A closer look at the ’Idol’ finalists
By MIKE HUGHES
Gannett News Service

<snip>
Elliott Yamin
— Age: 27.
— From: Richmond, Va.
— Style: Tries the fast stuff but is at his best with sweet ballads.
— He is: A likable little guy who has dealt with diabetes — he wears an insulin drip — and a hyper nature. He dropped out of high school but later got his GED.
Yamin brings a vulnerability to the competition that has worked for Clay Aiken and others.”He possesses something so deep within himself, being that he is a diabetic and whatever,“ Bennett says. ”For him to be able to do the things that he does when he’s on that stage — I honor him for that.
“To be able to hang in there ... he’s real.”

NORWICHBULLETIN
ILClaymate
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 12:47:09 PM »

NEW Old Clack!
Posted by karma4clay at CH via CB:

Greetings from NC where the partay celebrating Wild4Clay's retirement is in its fourth day. Go US!!

Oh, in the midst of all our revelry, we stumbled upon some Clack. Now we think this is New-to-the-Fandom Clack, but we cain't swear to it. It's from Johnson CC--1998. Unfortunately, both of us are technologically challenged. And the owner of the video tape(s) would only release them to our care for one nite. Long story short (shut up, I know it's too late!) we bring possibly new Clack that we tried to get off of a video tape as best we could....which was with my digital camera (while it played on the teevee). Ripped it from the unwatchable video with Goldwave (two parts are unfortunately stitched together quite badly, sorry)...and now are gonna share it with y'all. Aren't you excited?

What? I'm rambling? Well I told you it's the fourth day. Heh.

Without further ado, here is the one song we managed to pull off the tape. Hopefully, someday in the future we can get the others. We thought this was the best of the bunch, anyhow. It's called "Lean on Me". (It's a duet, btw.)

CLAYBOARD ~ click here to get the links from the Clayboard!
ILClaymate
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 12:50:29 PM »

05/10/06 / UNICEF Spokesperson Clay Aiken visits Middlesex Middle School in CT

AND THE WINNERS ARE … STUDENTS IN CALIFORNIA, CONNECTICUT, AND TEXAS WIN THE UNICEF KIDS HELPING KIDS® CHALLENGE

UNICEF Ambassador and 2005 Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF spokesperson Clay Aiken visits Middlesex Middle School in CT

Procter & Gamble Will Donate $150,000 to UNICEF in Honor of the Schools

NEW YORK, NY (May 10, 2006) - - The U.S. Fund for UNICEF today announced the winners of the first-ever UNICEF Kids Helping Kids® Challenge. Three schools won the nationwide fundraising contest which encouraged students to help vulnerable children by raising funds for UNICEF. This year’s winners are Middlesex Middle School in Darien CT, which raised $14,209.34; Olivenhain Pioneer Elementary School in Carlsbad, CA, which raised $13,203.65; and Lakehill Preparatory School in Dallas, TX which raised $8,473.96.

In support of the UNICEF Kids Helping Kids Challenge, Procter & Gamble generously offered to donate $150,000 to the U.S. Fund for UNICEF in honor of the winning schools. Each school was visited by a representative from P&G who presented a check to a U.S. Fund for UNICEF representative on their behalf.

“The winning schools did a tremendous job in raising money for their less fortunate peers,” said Elva Lewis, associate director, P&G North America Corporate Marketing. “They are an inspiration to all of us at P&G as our Company’s community relations focus is to help children in need live, learn and thrive. It is an honor to be able to recognize the commitment, tenacity, care and concern that these students have exhibited.”

Students from grand prize winner Middlesex Middle School also participated in a service learning program. Students, inspired by what they learned in class, engaged in aggressive fundraising. The students made appeals to family and friends, conducted bake sales and even encouraged friendly competition between the grades to increase student motivation to fundraise. In one instance students created paper cut-outs of children’s hands and for every $10 raised by a grade a cut-out hand was placed on a designated school wall. Additionally, high earning homeroom classes were rewarded with a private screening of Harry Potter at a local theater.

In addition to having a donation from P&G made in their name, the top-winner - Middlesex Middle School - was visited by UNICEF Ambassador and 2005 Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF spokesperson Clay Aiken. Multi-platinum recording artist Clay Aiken served as the national Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF spokesperson. Throughout October, the Raleigh, N.C. native and former teacher, encouraged kids to participate in the program.

Today’s announcement comes at the end of what has already been a historic record-breaking year for the Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF program. The Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF program raised a record $5.1 million dollars this past year. Since its inception in 1950, Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF has raised over $132 million to fund UNICEF's lifesaving work for the world's poorest and most vulnerable children.

This past year’s campaign also marked the first time in the history of the program that funds raised were used to help American children. Fifty-percent of the proceeds went toward the U.S. Fund for UNICEF’s Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. It was the first time ever that the U.S. Fund for UNICEF encouraged American children to help raise funds for other American children.

“Kids are powerful fundraisers,” said President of the U.S. Fund for UNICEF Charles J. Lyons. “As evidenced by these winners, once kids learn how they can make a difference, they jump into action to lend support any way they can. The money they raised will help UNICEF to provide services to vulnerable children in the developing world in addition to helping American kids who suffered from Hurricane Katrina.”

About the U.S. Fund for UNICEF Founded in 1946, UNICEF helps save, protect and improve the lives of children in 155 countries and territories through immunization, education, health care, nutrition, clean water and sanitation. UNICEF is non-partisan and its cooperation is free of discrimination. In everything it does, the most disadvantaged children and the countries in greatest need have priority. For more information about UNICEF or to make a donation, please visit www.unicefusa.org or call 1800-4UNICEF. Posted by Team Clay

CLAYONLINE
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 12:54:22 PM »

Scarborough Country was an interesting video!!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 01:13:01 PM »

Kurt Nilsen is cute, I don't care what anyone says about him. 

That Scarborough video is interesting.  Personally, I don't really care who said what or did what at this point. 

It's not Clay's fault that full line capacity was reached and maintained early, so that thousands of people couldn't vote for him that wanted to.

Oh by the way, I picked up Simon's book today!  I've always thought about reading it.

I paid a dollar for it, at the Dollar Tree.

ILClaymate
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 01:41:07 PM »

Oh by the way, I picked up Simon's book today!  I've always thought about reading it.

I paid a dollar for it, at the Dollar Tree.

Laugh  I'm sure you will get your $$'s worth out of it!
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 01:57:46 PM »

I read Simon's book.....I borrowed it from someone.  Was actually kind of interesting.

Debbie

ILClaymate
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 02:17:01 PM »

I read Simon's book.....I borrowed it from someone.  Was actually kind of interesting.

Debbie

Thanks Debbie...maybe I'll go see if MY Dollar Tree has one!  Laughing
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 02:29:52 PM »

Debbie

I read it too! It was interesting.... And I paid a buck too, at a local bookstore. Picked up Amber whatshernames book too..the gal friend of Scott Peterson for a buck also. Read them both actually.

Gosh- I hope none of us here ever find Clays Book marked to a dollar at a store..we could go into a coronary or give a tongue lashing the store keeper! Laughing

Bummer! I can not get the MSNBC video to run. Not thru this link or directly at MSNBC site. Right near the end of the commercial..it gives me an error message to send to Microsoft and POOF..internet connection is gone. Multiple times I tried..anyone have a yousendit or just a transcript?

Lora

Lora

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 06:43:49 PM »

Lora, I don't know if this is the same link or a different one, but you can give it a try!!

Scarborough County show with Carmen, video is available at msnbc.com now.

Scarborough Country w/Carmen

The Rita Cosby show with Kim is available there too:

Rita Cosby w/Kim
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx