gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:47:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 389
Total: 389

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 9  (Read 3511 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: May 09, 2006, 02:07:01 AM »

I was there when Kelly was crowned, I was there when, in auditions, Clay Aiken announced himself as the next American idol, and celebrated with him many shows later when he beamed with happiness for Ruben as he himself lost the competition

American Idol: The Cynic & American Idol
Posted by: Teresa on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 06:36 PM PST
 Or, a funny thing happened on the way to the sofa...
By Teresa

…here I am, juggling a job, a husband, step-motherhood, my second speeding ticket in less than 2 years, all of which I manage, if not with finesse, at least with SINCERITY--and what am I dwelling on? American Idol. It's sad, but it's mine. I wouldn't even tell anyone I watched it for the first couple of seasons because it clashed so wholeheartedly with what I perceive(ed) to be my bohemian intellectual sensibility.

It's sort of like what happens to little kids at the schoolyard when the bling-ed out crack dealer sidles up to the chain-link fence saying in a silky voice, "Hey little Boo, check THIS, it'll help you get your math on." And the next thing you know, little Boo is an also-ran on America's Most Wanted. I used to live Idol-free, until I hit the clicker one too many times during one of the last few episodes of Season One, just in time to be mystified by Nikki McKibbin's hair and amazed by Kelly Clarkson's voice--that girl could sing, even if she tended to put her hand on her side a lot back then like one of her kidneys was giving her fits. Somehow, that’s not a problem for her anymore even though she never consulted me directly for lessons in stage presence.

I don't understand it, yet I am compelled. My family knows there are no negotiations on American Idol nights. I embrace my own power (and theirs), and settle in to be a witness. I was there when Kelly was crowned, I was there when, in auditions, Clay Aiken announced himself as the next American idol, and celebrated with him many shows later when he beamed with happiness for Ruben as he himself lost the competition. I FELT it when Fantasia would discuss buying her jewelry at Claire's at the mall. Carrie Underwood, last year, brought a genuine awe at the opportunity she had been given with her to the stage every week. This year I urge contestants on from my living room, as they hang out, stress out, and belt it out for the judges. I wince at Simon's abrasiveness while agreeing with him 90% of the time. Every week I believe more and more that Simon is really the one who takes it on a regular basis for the home team.

Read the rest:
MEDIAFIENDS

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 02:10:11 AM »

Season two’s top four was interesting. Clay and Ruben were pretty much a given, and Kimberley Locke earned her spot by turning in some flawless performances in the weeks leading up to this point. Josh Gracin was there almost by default. Although I was pulling for a K’Lo upset, I was not surprised that Clay and Ruben ended up in the finals. That finale remains the most exciting of all, though, and left us all guessing right up until the moment the results were announced. I can still see Clay and Ruben standing there, hanging on to one another. Now that’s what I call drama!

Read the rest:
FOXESONIDOL

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 02:11:38 AM »

But, what can Elliott do? There are several Elvis tunes Elliott should be able to sing the stuffing out of. He must avoid the hokey numbers like “Jailhouse Rock” and “Viva Las Vegas.” Leave those to Taylor. He needs “Love Me Tender” and “Are You Lonesome Tonight.” Break out the special Clay Aiken spotlight. Sit on a stool and just sing, Elliott! The Yamin Machines and the E-Trains are circling the wagons. Get ‘er done!

I have to stick with Sting’s first sentence about Taylor. He is indeed impervious… for now. I believe he will remain impervious until the finale. Then, and only then, will we see Clay Aiken redux – a contestant who was never in the bottom group will find himself coming in second place.

FOXESONIDOL

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 02:14:53 AM »

ABOMINABLE OPPORTUNITY Former ''American Idol'' contestant Ashley Hartman, who has ties to Palmer Township, will see her first movie, ''Abominable,'' premiere at 9 p.m. May 20 on the Sci-Fi Channel as part of a day-long monster-fest.

Hartman says she's the ''first character to die'' in the horror film about a rampaging Sasquatch. The movie, which will be released on DVD this summer, also features Lance Henriksen, star of the Fox cult series ''Millennium''; Matt McCoy, who had a recurring role on HBO's ''Carnivale''; and Jeffrey Combs, who appeared in both ''Star Trek: Enterprise'' and ''Deep Space Nine.''

Hartman, an Orange County, Calif., resident, says she began her career as a singer and made it to the top 32 of American Idol in 2003, the year Ruben Studdard won and Clay Aiken was runner-up.
TOPIX.NET

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 02:21:23 AM »

Here are the top 50 searches on Lycos for the week ending May 6, 2006:

SEARCH TERM  LAST WK WEEKS

33 Clay Aiken  #37  150
Pure Fashion 

150 straight weeks!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!   Purple Banana Purple Banana

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 02:31:27 AM »

Hi M.B.   thanks for the news and have a terrific Tuesday

THANKS TO ILCLAYMATE AND HEATER FOR THE NEW BANNER!!!! Clapping Clapping

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 02:57:55 AM »

Good Morning Buddy!!

Congrats to Michael and Claymaniacs for that Award!!  Clapping

I hope the ANN had some very small part, at least, in providing the "informative information" .

Have a Terrific Tuesday everyone!!

Clay "is" the "News"
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 03:06:00 AM »

HELLO DEANNA & JAYNE & ALL THE ANN THE READERS  wave,

DEANNA THANKS FOR THE NEWS!!!

I WILL ECHO THE SAME DEANNA,   BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO MICHAEL & CLAMIANICS   Clapping Clapping Congratulations

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 03:22:15 AM »

I'M beginning to think that most rock stars are lazy. How else can you explain the ridiculously long breaks that some acts now commonly take between new releases?
It used to be that an act would put out a new platter every year. Then it became two years. Now, musicians routinely take three, four, even five years between CDs.

Don't give me that garbage about how bands need to take their time to deliver the best product possible. If the Beatles only needed a year (often less) between releases, then that same time frame should also work for the likes of Matchbox 20 and Clay Aiken

Read the whole article here http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_3801092?source=rss
paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 03:26:25 AM »

From an article about John Stevens...

Now, when Stevens meets fans on the street, he says they're more likely to say he should have won, rather than criticize his performance. But there's still one comment that sticks with him.

''The worst I ever got was 'Are you Clay Aiken?' "

http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles/2006/05/09/his_idol_days_over_stevens_hits_books/

If that's the worst, he's doing pretty well !
paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 03:31:03 AM »

As has been reported in numerous blogs and in the media, the American Idol® voting process can be a bit confusing and unfair if the fans do not understand the rules and the procedures. For instance, some voters do not know how to send text messages or how to efficiently vote multiple times. And text message votes are not counted if they are not sent from a Cingular subscriber. After learning about how Raleigh North Carolina fans of Clay Aiken experienced problems with busy phone lines, the Richmond Virginia fans of Elliott Yamin want to make sure everyone knows how to best get their votes in so they count. This segment will provide the information to help Elliott's fans vote effectively.

From http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/5/prweb382665.htm
stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 03:59:47 AM »

Good Morning Ann Readers.
Deanna thanks again for the news.
Morning Jayne and Angela.

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 04:05:55 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS.

CONGRATULATIONS TO MICHAEL FOR OUR AWARD AND GREAT JOB CLANDY AND HEATHER ON OUR BEAUTIFUL BANNER.

HAVE A GOOD ONE.

HUGS
RAINEY
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 05:28:45 AM »

Clapping Clapping Nice banner girls! And Congrats to Michael on the award. You rock!  Huggles

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 05:56:29 AM »

BEAUTIFUL BANNER!!

AND CLAY ON LYCOS 150 STRAIGHT WEEKS!! THATS WONDERFUL! HOPE WE CAN GET HIM BACK HIGHER IN THE RATINGS SOON!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 05:58:16 AM »

Good Morning everyone!!

Congrats on the site award and the new banner is great!!!!!!!

Thanks for the news.

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 06:38:22 AM »

'Idol' fans ready to vote on final four
Local faithful talk about why they watch 'American Idol.'

JEREMY D. BONFIGLIO
Tribune Staff Writer

The first "American Idol," Kelly Clarkson, as voted by the viewing public, has had a string of No. 1 hits off her sophomore CD, "Breakaway." Finalists from Clay Aiken to Kimberley Locke also have found success on the charts.

This is a neat article! Interesting results found in a poll produced by Pursuant Inc., a D.C. based public opinion firm.

SOUTH BEND TRIBUNE

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
ILClaymate
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 07:23:47 AM »

Good morning 'Maniacs!

I'm glad you all like the new banner and thanks!  Also, there are pics by wvclayfan and havinaclayaffair too....thanks Lindsay and Lora!  Huggles
barb pacovsky
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2006, 12:40:56 PM »

I have an extra copy of Clay Aiken Everything You Ever Wanted To Know by Gaye Dreamer that I'll send to whoever wants it.I also have four copies of School Rocks magazines that i will send.Please email me with your name and address.My email address is bapk1@aol.com
ILClaymate
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2006, 01:00:20 PM »

Posted by freckles4clay at CB via CH:

Clay mentioned in paperback novel...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of my family members told me the other day that Clay was mentioned in a book they were reading....sooooo....after finding the book.....here is the mention.....

"But Andrew was agreeing with her that the music of Clay Aiken could, if people would just open their eyes and ears and hearts to it, bring peace and harmony to the entire planet."

The name of the book is "You've Got Male".....author is Elizabeth Bevarly
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx