gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:04:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 161
Total: 161

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHERE DO OUR NAMES COME FROM  (Read 8317 times)
Glory
Enthusiastic

« on: May 02, 2006, 06:27:43 AM »

I HAVE DONE THIS THREAD BEFORE BUT IT HAS BEEN A WHILE,WE HAVE SO MANY NEW MEMBERS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE INTERESTIN TO DO IT AGAIN.

THE FIRST TIME I HEARD CLAY DO A GLORY NOTE  I WAS IN AWE THEREFORE GLORY(NOTE) GOT IT'S BEGINNING. WILL YOU ALL SHARE HOW YOU GOT YOUR SCREEN NAMES.IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ONE JUST A LCOMMENT WOULD BE LOVERLY. Laughing

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 11:30:36 AM »

Glory,

I remember this thread from before and it was a lot of fun.  I have always been called Cilla or my whole name, Priscilla, but for some reason when I came on this site, I just signed myself Prissy and it has "stuck."  I mentioned before that only three people have ever called me Prissy.  I didn't think to try a "Clay" type name or something unusual.

Even though I know the real names of many people on this site, in lots of cases, I use their "Clay" names or nicknames, like AC, Clandy, Pepe, Boca, Philly, Woody, Glory, Dudley, etc., etc. Super Happy!!!

Hugs,
Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 11:38:42 AM »

I can't even remember what name I tried first but it didn't work. But here goes ....

KS - Where I'm from  .... Kansas

Christian - Pretty self explanatory ... my religous preference

4Clay - I'm for the man ... who can be against him?  Wink

As for my name you all call me on the board ....

Meesa - I got this nickname from my oldest nephew, Jonathan, who is now 9 years old. When he was learning to talk, it was hard for him to say Aunt Melissa. He called me Aunt Meesa instead and it stuck. My friends and some of my family started using that name for me. I figured since there are a lot of Melissa's and not many Meesa's, it might be easier to go by Meesa here if being addressed by my "real" name.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 12:49:30 PM »

O.K. - Another chance to explain my dumb screen name. I put my screen name in the wrong box. The name everyone knows me by should have been my "secret password", but by the time I figured out how to fix it, some people already knew me by this name, and even though Pamela offered to change it to what I really wanted, I decided to keep it. My screen name is fhmmany2

fhm - My Initials
Many - the name of my town
2 - as in "also", because even us Clay fans who live in tiny little rural towns where we are the only Clay fan, count, also!  Laughing

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 02:23:29 PM »

Gee, where's the old thread??  If I could find that, I could just copy and post my reply over here!!  lmao  Yep, it is a rainy and dull day here in Maine today, so I am feeling lazy. Wink

When Clay lost on AI2, I was heartbroken and I kept thinking how sad it was to not know what was happening to him.  In June I had purchased Clay's single purely by chance.  We had gone camping the weekend after the single was released.  It ended up raining and we got bored at the campground, so we decided to go shopping at Walmart. My son and his friend were browsing the Entertainment section for video games.  He was actually the one who found Clay's CD.  He brought it to me and said, "Isn't this the guy you liked on AI?" Smart kid! Wink The CD just made we wish I knew more about possible future endeavors for Clay. I finally realized that the "funny gray box" we purchased for our son's homework might be of some assistance.  So I turned the computer on and starting doing a search for Clay.  It was July  before the above-mentioned idea finally took hold and I found the time.  Wow!! You can just imagine my surprise when I did finally start searching.  I spent most of my free time after that surfing the web.  I had found Claymaniacs fairly soon and found myself coming back here frequently.  I spent all of August reading and reading and reading. I had never joined any board, so I was a little reluctant to do so.  I finally decided to join so I could be a member here before Clay released his CD (MOAM). I decided to join in September, but I never did because I couldn't think of a username. Duh!!!!  When the inspiration finally struck, I realized that my username had been just way too obvious.  Laughing
I finally signed up on Oct 13!! My username is very self-explanatory.   Smile  (I just can't move away now)

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 02:27:31 PM »

mrs. c. is what my girlfriends have called me forever, my surname starts with C and I'm married to a great guy for way too many years Laughing Laughing it was natural the day I got brave enough to sign up at Claymaniacs to use that nickname Laughing Laughing

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 06:53:09 PM »

Gee-where did I get the name Marilyn from??

I dunno- it was a flash of inspiration!

Actually-very boring-

But on the fan club I am marilyon98
Which is a nickname I was given from my fellow employees because of the way I defended them against the establishment (upper management)
and 98 is the very first time I signed up on the Internet (in a daring move, I might add)

Everyone elses name is much more exciting than mine. But I wouldnt change it now

Maybe..................senior4clay?

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
hotwheels2003
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 07:09:16 PM »

I think I chose hotwheels because I was into hot wheels cars and matchbox cars when I was younger.  I also like to think I have hot wheels (ok, I love my car, lol).  It's just been a nickname I've used online for a good long time.  I also tried to use it at school.  But a student music teacher nicknamed me monkees because I was a Monkees fan my junior year and at the end of my senior year they were calling me Clay (since AI 2 and Clay was all I was talking about).
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 02:17:28 AM »

Well let's see, my screen name actually began before my Claymaniacs life....

I am one of those weirdo trivia people, so when we'd go to places that have the TVs and the trivia games I would play.  Well I messed up logging in...I was entering my last name and accidentally hit enter after typing "Her" -it is 1/2 of my last name Herlong!  It was cool to hear people yelling (as I was winning) who's Her???   So it stuck and that's who I am now!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 05:20:01 AM »

I'M AS CLEVER AS MARILYN.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 12:29:14 PM »

I'm as clever as Marilyn and Gwenn!

I posted as GUEST, Rae and MaryWildflower, forgot my password and finally gave up and joined again with my real name.
cpnina
Clayamateur

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 12:37:45 PM »

my name is P'nina, a Hebrew name, my last name begins with "c", so "cpnina"

real boring...zzzzzzzz....

Penny
hopelessly devoted to Clay
and hopes she never gets over it!!
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 03:59:06 PM »

Gah, i've had about a gazillion screen names since I signed onto the net.

When I registered here I was thinking aiken... Clay aiken..... what am I doing?

I'm seeking him so walla!

Aikenseeker was born!

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2006, 04:18:17 PM »

Pretty self-explanatory  Laughing
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 04:20:59 PM »

MINE TOO IS PRETTY SELF-EXPLANTORY TOO... Laughing

I LIVE IN PHILLY AND I LOVE ME SOME CLAY...

SO VIOLA,  PHILLYLUVSCLAY WAS BORN... Laughing

SCARY EH? Paranoid

ROFLMAO
Tamaraluv
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 04:34:58 PM »

My birth name is Tamara.......so that takes care of the first part.  The "luv" comes from Miss Philly. Wink When I first started on here I went by my initials....TLB and Philly use to say "Tammy my love" so one day I decided to change my username and.....the rest is history!! ROFLMAO
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 04:49:24 PM »

My screen name is based on two music formats: AC and Country music Laughing When i found Claymaniacs in early March 2004 as a lurker, i wanted to sign up...i finally did after the SNL appearance of Clay. Being a fan of both AC and Country, "inspiration" struck and ACcountryFan was born.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
happy hubby
UltimateFan

Spikee's other love

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 05:12:59 PM »

When I married Spikee that is what I became,and still am.

happy hubby
Dick

Mr. Spikee
Kitty
geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 07:06:22 AM »

My screen name was in honor of my mother.  I thought it was unusual, so thanks to her that's who I became here on the site.

Clay's my Wings of Love!
Proud to be a Claymaniac!
geraldine
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 08:59:42 AM »

I like this thread, thank you GLORY!!

I have no story, obviously - my real name is Pamela.  Usually though, people only call me by my full name when I'm in trouble....

The only other name I've ever used on a forum was "Sister."  That forum is long gone, but the name was because everyone said I was like a sister to them.

I still haven't decided if that was a good thing, or a bad thing.  Laughing

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx