gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:56:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 153
Total: 153

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK APRIL 26  (Read 2579 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: April 26, 2006, 01:59:23 AM »

I tried to make him feel better by pointing out that having Fantinos raises him to Clay "Claymate" Aiken status, but he was unimpressed.)

His posse's on "Runway" as Santino does Seattle
By Pamela Sitt
Seattle Times staff reporter

When attending a Mariners game with Santino Rice of "Project Runway," the first question is, what do you wear? (The second question is, "Where's Andrae?")

Sunday was one of those perfect spring days, mild enough to be comfortable in a tank top and skinny Bermuda shorts and three-inch espadrilles, which is exactly what Santino was wearing. No, wait. That was me. He showed up in a leather jacket, Levi's and a black straw fedora. It was his first time in Seattle, and I think he was expecting rain. (snip)

Dick's was also the scene of Seattle's first official Fantino Frenzy. This is, after all, the highest-rated market for Bravo's "Project Runway," so fans — excuse me, "Fantinos" — were understandably excited to see him. (Disclaimer: Santino would like you to know that he did not coin the term "Fantino," nor does he endorse it. I tried to make him feel better by pointing out that having Fantinos raises him to Clay "Claymate" Aiken status, but he was unimpressed.)
SEATTLETIMES

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 02:03:06 AM »

''People in, say, Georgia aren't sitting on the front porches singing anymore,'' says Charles Reagan Wilson, director for the Center of Southern Culture at the University of Mississippi. ``They're inside in the air-conditioning, watching cable like everybody else.''

The music critic at The Raleigh (N.C.) News & Observer, David Menconi, who has seen Fantasia Barrino (winner), Aiken (runner-up) and four of this year's top 12 come from the state, doesn't think there's anything in the water. ''Two days [after the show], do you remember the songs performed? No, you remember the cutting remarks Simon made,'' Menconi says. ``That's the real draw of the show, the drama of the moment.

``The people from here who have done well are just completely different; I can't see there being an identifiable sound or influence. I mean, Clay Aiken, a Broadway-style singer, and Fantasia, a real R&B belter? I don't see any connection. It's just a goofy, weird thing.''
Read the rest:
MIAMI.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 02:04:31 AM »

From the Clayboard:

LINK TO DOWNLOAD CLAY READING THE "UGLY DUCKLING"

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 02:06:13 AM »

(Gigwise) Coldplay have received three nominations at this year’s Ivor Novello Awards for their album ‘Speed Of Sound’.
They lead 2006’s list of nominees that includes Arctic Monkeys, Gorillaz, KT TUnstall, Kaiser Chiefs, Robbie Williams and James Blunt. [What no nominations for Clay Aiken?? Robbery!! A Sham! Coldplay were locked out of the Johnny T Bilwalker Awards however, but still have high hopes for the George E George Vandevelde nominations to pad their collection of worthless awards.
ANTIMUSIC

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 02:16:32 AM »

Here's a chance to bid on an autographed program and magazine cover (and for a good cause Wink):

CHILDREN'S MIRACLE NETWORK AUCTION

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 02:34:21 AM »

Mornin' M.B.

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 02:54:52 AM »

'Morning Buddy!! wave

Have a Wonderful Wednesday everyone!!

Clay "is" the "News"
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 03:16:40 AM »

THANKS DEANNA FOR THE NEWS!!!

CLAY BLOGGED LAST NIGHT---YIPPEE!!!!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!!

HAVE A SUPER DAY EVERYONE
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 04:08:58 AM »

THANKS DEANNA.  RIGHT NOW ALL I CAN THINK OF IS CLAY BLOGGED AND HAS MADE MY HUMP WEDNESDAY INTO A VERY HAPPY CLAY DAY.

HUGS
RAINEY
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 08:14:26 AM »

Good Morning everyone!!!!!

Isn't it funny how a blog can change your whole outlook....sitting around with a silly grin on your face.

Thanks for the news and the Ugly Duckling link.

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx