gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:58:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 308
Total: 308

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CRITICAL MASS 10 :: CLAY DISCUSSION  (Read 236217 times)
gagran
Claylicious

« Reply #1940 on: June 06, 2006, 02:46:31 PM »

NOW HE IS MARRIED....

NEXT..............

I am thinking HONEYMOON.

Thinking and thinking  and thinking .

ah Yessss Flame
 Thud!

I really admire clay's interest in and knowledge of disability issues. I also admire all his other"assets"!!

In loving memory of my "neighbor" jj
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #1941 on: June 06, 2006, 02:48:03 PM »

OY
Succinct, yet to the point. Laughing

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
gagran
Claylicious

« Reply #1942 on: June 06, 2006, 02:48:47 PM »

Oh wait, this is not the BLPT

Sorry

I really admire clay's interest in and knowledge of disability issues. I also admire all his other"assets"!!

In loving memory of my "neighbor" jj
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #1943 on: June 06, 2006, 02:49:59 PM »

Someone just asked me if I have Clay wallpaper.
What a great idea!

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1944 on: June 06, 2006, 02:54:44 PM »

What a great idea!

YES IT IS, BUT IF YOU PUT IT IN THE BEDROOM, YOU WOULD NEVER GET TO SLEEP.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #1945 on: June 06, 2006, 02:56:07 PM »

What a great idea!

YES IT IS, BUT IF YOU PUT IT IN THE BEDROOM, YOU WOULD NEVER GET TO SLEEP.

I don't sleep much anyway!

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1946 on: June 06, 2006, 03:00:55 PM »

Oh wait, this is not the BLPT

Sorry

Well, I'm appalled! Wink

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
dudley5
Enthusiastic

CLAYS RAY OF SUNSHINE And OFFICIAL BODYGUARD

« Reply #1947 on: June 06, 2006, 03:08:22 PM »

CLAY WINS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek88un0X0t8
Tessie
Claymaniac

« Reply #1948 on: June 06, 2006, 03:32:36 PM »

This is an amazing site.  Clay got married...had a honeymoon...and babies .....all within a few hours.

Now ladies....can he please get back to the CD?..........

or should I start a new rumor?
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1949 on: June 06, 2006, 03:50:41 PM »

omigod-you would not believe what is going on at my company. The boss Billy is kicking out his partner John- the one who has been trying to get everyone jobs. Everyone has to get out tonight-they are changing the locks. There is still stuff in my old office that I was going to turn over to either one of them once they figured out what was going on- accounting information so that they could get their taxes done.
I was supposed to meet with them tomorrow to do this.

Its a bloodbath- there is a skeleton crew except for the loan officers and processors-and they are going to be working for a new company as of Monday- they have been sort of working with them now. Which is probably why Billy is kicking them out.

You would NOT believe what has been going on- it is really scary stuff-the animosity between the two former partners. What a shame!

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1950 on: June 06, 2006, 03:51:36 PM »

I REALLY REALLY HATE THE WAY THEY ARE DISCUSSING HIM IN THIS-THEY ARE VERY CRUEL

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1951 on: June 06, 2006, 03:52:29 PM »

Now ladies....can he please get back to the CD?..........

or should I start a new rumor?

I vote for rumors.... not about gagran and her honeymoon , but about a CD release date! 

And then, one of them comes true.

And then, we all live happily ever after, or at least for a little while.

I need to plan more vacation, schedule some classes for this summer, fine tune my job search schedule, and what not.  It's just a CD!

You know what though?  I was looking at a couple of web sites that list release dates, and there are an uncommon number of "greatest hits" and "best of" type CDs from the original artists of the 70s and 80s. 

Someone heard Todd Rundgren on Promosquad a couple of weeks ago. 

Is anyone here actually registered at Promosquad? 
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1952 on: June 06, 2006, 03:58:42 PM »

You would NOT believe what has been going on- it is really scary stuff-the animosity between the two former partners. What a shame!
It sounds nasty, Marilyn! I'm sorry it's turned out this way.

KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #1953 on: June 06, 2006, 03:59:54 PM »

I'm registered at Promosquad.  wave

Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #1954 on: June 06, 2006, 04:06:20 PM »

Here's an interesting article from FLY magazine from December, 2005.  I'd never seen it before.

Clay Aiken
Published: December 2005
Story: Jeff Royer
Photo: press photo

When Fly Magazine tracked down “American Idol” alum Clay Aiken in late November, the spunky singer was one week into his annual Joyful Noise holiday tour.

Maybe it was all the eggnog, or maybe it was the fact that he’d been sitting on his butt all day doing interviews, but Aiken had more energy than a toddler with a sugar rush. He giggled, he bounced, he talked at about a thousand words a minute. In other words, even after selling millions of albums and becoming one of America’s biggest pop stars, it appears that Clay Aiken is still the same lovable goof we first met three years ago. There’s something strangely comforting about that.

Fly took the opportunity to pick the animated Aiken’s brain about his holiday tour, his pet goat, and what it’s like to be the world’s least likely sex symbol.

Fly Magazine: So, by this point in your career, have you gotten used to the lifestyle that comes with being a pop star?

Clay Aiken: Strangely enough, yes. It’s not something I ever thought I would get used to. When I first started doing it, it was like, “Oh wow! An interview! A signing! Yay!” Now an interview or signing is like, “Oh, god …” [laughs]

FM: [laughs] Well, let me ask you the same question you’ve been getting all day then: What can we expect out of the Joyful Noise Tour?

CA: We did the Joyful Noise Tour last year. We did a full-orchestra run with a 30-piece orchestra onstage and sang the songs from the Merry Christmas With Love album.

I didn’t want to do the same thing that every other artist who does a Christmas tour does. During the holiday season you can pretty much pick any day in most cities and go see some artist’s Christmas concert. [laughs] So I was trying to figure out a way to make it different, to maybe string all of these songs together with some type of dialogue, or figure out a way to make the stories connect. It changed from me talking to having someone else do it, to having characters do it, to having specific characters doing it. It became a storyline, really.

FM: Do you feel like you’re able to wrap your head around everything that’s happened to you so far?

CA: Yeah. It took a while. I don’t ever want to get to a point where I can wrap my head around it all. If I ever get to that point, I think it’s time to quit. Every day there is something new and different and there’s something exciting.

There are plenty of times I could stop and say, “Wow, look at what I’m doing now!” I could stop right now and think, “This is completely different,” even though I have done 55 interviews today. [laughs] It’s still something I wasn’t doing in North Carolina two years ago. I have to be thankful for it. It becomes a little more routine and you become accustomed to it, I’m sure like any job. When I was a teacher, the first time I did it was much harder than the third and fourth times. This is kind of the same way.

FM: Another thing that’s changed is that you’ve become this full-on sex symbol for a lot of people!

CA: That part scares me! I haven’t wrapped my head around that. [laughs] That just frightens me. I’m worried about America’s taste! [laughs] That’s probably something I’m not ever going to quite get. It’s flattering, so I won’t complain, but I’m baffled.

FM: In a position like yours, everybody’s so interested in your personal life. Suddenly I’m reading things about you, everything from stories about your childhood petsto speculation on your sexual orientation and everything in between. Does that weird you out?

CA: It’s tough. At the very beginning of the process, it’s quite a shock. You don’t understand why people are asking these things. I had a goat – who cares? And I didn’t tell anybody that. There are times that I look on the internet or read a message board and they’ll know things about me that I didn’t know. [laughs] “I never told anybody that! How did they find out?” So at first it’s a shock. And then later on it’s not as shocking but still upsetting. And then after a while, it’s just like having a gnat in your nose. You just want to kill it. [laughs] It becomes unfortunately a negative part of what you do, and you need to kind of live with it. But if you could get up your nose and kill it, you would do it. [laughs] It’s not so easy sometimes.

FM: You’re almost becoming as known for your humanitarian work as you are for your music. Why is that so important to you?

CA: I kind of came into this not necessarily wanting to or knowing how to be a celebrity or whatnot. I mean, I was a teacher! And I made a promise to myself as I did it. “If I’m gonna do it, I’m gonna try to be something other than self-serving.” I think that every single person who’s in this industry and who’s a celebrity and making money off the public – I make my money directly from the public – has the responsibility to pay them back in some way. I think each person in my position is a role model whether they want to be or not. Somewhere out there are kids who look up to you. And some people take that seriously, and some people don’t. To me, I don’t understand why people don’t take it seriously.

UNICEF does amazing work. I thought I was a worldly person, and then I started working with them and realized I don’t know as much of my world as I need to. And if I don’t know as much about my world as I need to, then many, many, many people don’t. So I’m thrilled to be in a position to be able to talk about it. And so I’m gonna.

FM: Do you think about the kind of things you still want to achieve in your career?

CA: Everything that’s happened so far has been because I’ve kind of been available to opportunities. I don’t like to set plans. It’s kind of a strange thing to hear come out of a teacher’s mouth, but I don’t like to set goals because I think when you set specific goals you end up losing sight of other opportunities. I had the goal of wanting to be a teacher. I wanted to continue being in education for a long time. Had I made that a hard, fast goal, then I would not have had the opportunity to do this now.

We do want to have an album out in the first half of next year, and then we want to make sure we can go out on the road again at some point. But other than that, I kind of just let what happens happen. Let go and let God.

FM: So if somebody wants to put you on another TV show and make you the world’s most famous dancer or something, you can do that next!

CA: [laughs] I said I’d be open to opportunities and I’ll take a look at them, but just because I’m looking doesn’t mean I’ll do ’em!

--------------------

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
Tessie
Claymaniac

« Reply #1955 on: June 06, 2006, 04:06:43 PM »

I'm registered at Promosquad too.  Last week they asked me if I was familiar with Clay Aiken!   ROFLMAO
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1956 on: June 06, 2006, 04:10:18 PM »

I'm also registered at promosquad, though I haven't been there for awhile.  Maybe I should go on over. 

MICKI  

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1957 on: June 06, 2006, 04:16:00 PM »

I REALLY REALLY HATE THE WAY THEY ARE DISCUSSING HIM IN THIS-THEY ARE VERY CRUEL
But look at them, Marilyn. Not exacly the meeting of the minds. Paranoid

lovinclay
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1958 on: June 06, 2006, 04:36:30 PM »

You're so right, Pam!  Would anyone want to be stranded on an island with them???   Naughty Naughty

MICKI  

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1959 on: June 06, 2006, 04:38:06 PM »

You've got a point there, Sunny!!!

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx