gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:22:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 349
Total: 349

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK APRIL 21  (Read 1834 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: April 21, 2006, 05:08:57 AM »

The rest are checking us out from across the nation and the world. Last year, a story about American Idol star Clay Aiken received about 33,000 hits in one day.

At the dawn of the last century Hearst and Pulitzer were kings on printing press thrones.

Newspapers competed against each other on the cusp of a communication revolution. In those days, screams of "Extra Extra!" on street corners ushered in a transformation that touched every aspect of society. Newspapers and the people who made them were at the forefront.

Journalists today are again riding the winds of change, going where our predecessors have not gone before - into cyberspace.

First, the written word had to compete with radio. And we, as the keepers of the pen, succeeded in keeping newspapers a viable force.

Enter the age of television. Cameras could input news and have it on the air in an hour, in a minute. And still, the keepers of the pen plodded on - and survived. Because readers love the luxury of picking and choosing what they want to read and when and where they want to read it.

Jump ahead about 50 years and the keepers of the pen find themselves competing with the pen itself.

Hmmm? There's a new one.

We call it our Web site, www.newsofdelawarecounty.com. On average, 85 percent of our 1,500 daily Web readers are local. The rest are checking us out from across the nation and the world. Last year, a story about American Idol star Clay Aiken received about 33,000 hits in one day.

So, lately we have been asking ourselves how we can compete with us. You see, it's crucial that our hard copy survives
Read the rest:
ZWIRE

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 05:10:40 AM »

FAME
Sometimes its good to be famous, and sometimes not. Fame often comes with riches, and love of the populace, but at what cost? It is easy to become bogged down in the glamour people project at you, so that you forget whats really important (like the world and life) and focus on what everyone wants you to focus on: That latest album or the new fashion trend. Have to look good or the fans will leave! Then your house of cards come crumbling down. 

Some stars have used their powers for good. Take Clay Aiken for instance. I recently discovered that Clay also blogs from time to time, but not about many serious topics. Recently, Clay Aiken spoke about his high regard for the Kite Runner, a book which I have also recently enjoyed. Around this blog post, hundreds of Clay Aiken fans joined in the reading and discussion of the book. Why is this important? The Kite Runner is an excellent book, focusing on the political changes in Afghanistan and the differences in American and Afghan culture. It also reflects on the culture differences between the nations, and how an Afghan immigrant to America might be perceived. The Kite Runner also has some deep insight into the human condition. On top of these strengths, it is beautifully written, as I am sure many can tell you.

I got this tip about Clay Aiken from my Aunt over Easter, who is a main fan of his. She frequently follows Clay to concerts, and has met many nice people through his fan groups and clubs.
BLOG.MYSPACE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 05:13:12 AM »

Plenty have had a horrible hairdo
Published: Tuesday, Apr. 18, 2006

Think you’re the only one who’s had a bad experience at the salon or barbershop? Think again. Staff members share their stories. (snip)

One New Year’s Eve, I had one of those impetuous moments, and I went to a hairdresser and told her to give me the funkiest short style she could. It wasn’t pretty. I looked like Clay Aiken on caffeine overdose. So I figured, what the heck? – I might as well dye it some weird color. I took my then-4-year-old son to the drugstore with me and told him to pick out any color he wanted. He pointed to a box of “Midnight Black” and said he wanted me to look like Mikey, our black lab.
NASHUATELEGRAPH

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 05:14:49 AM »

Before landing the role in ''American Dreamz,'' Grant never saw a single episode of ''American Idol.'' But he made up for lost time by watching tapes andacquainting himself with the Kelly Clarksons and Clay Aikens of the world. '' I must say, I enjoyed the cruelty,'' says Grant. ''I like people being humiliated. I like watching freaks. The freakier the better, as far as I am concerned. I think in a way the show doesn't go far enough. I would quite like to see the losers tortured.''
Read the rest:
MCALL.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 05:16:58 AM »

The movie also spoofs ratings-moguls such as American Idol and the contestants they exploit. Fans of the show should chuckle at the many inside jokes, including the British host’s snide remarks (“You make me want to projectile vomit.”), and wannabes suspiciously resembling Clay Aiken, Fantasia Barrino amd Bo Bice.

DIAMONDBACKONLINE

Clay "is" the "News"
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 09:06:38 AM »

First time I have had time to check out the news today!!!!!  Thanks for keeping up with all of the mentions!.  Sounds like Hugh Grant would make Simon look like a nice guy!!!!!

Have a wonderful Friday.

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx