gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:09:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 332
Total: 332

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MARCH 30  (Read 2339 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: March 30, 2006, 01:48:24 AM »

When Beth T. read Clay's account of his tough singing teacher Miss Lawrence in Clay's book, Learning to Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life, she didn't immediately make a connection to the Alison Lawrence she'd known in community theater years before. When she read that "Alison Lawrence" would have the lead role in the Joyful Noise 2005 Tour, things still didn't click. It wasn't until she read Alison's bio in the Tour program that Beth realized she knew exactly who Alison was. In 1988 at Fort Bragg, NC, the two had shared the stage in a production of Cinderella. Beth had played the title role and Alison won Best Supporting Actress for her performance as the Fairy Godmother.

Beth had the opportunity to catch up with Alison at the Joyful Noise show in Baltimore and was even able to help Alison secure a theater group for two of the upcoming shows. In return Beth got an invitation to participate as an extra in one of the shows... and a promise for an interview for Clay Nation News!
Read the whole interview:
CLAYNATIONNEWS.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 01:50:03 AM »

Next to go before the judges was TAYLOR HICKS, who sang "Trouble." Randy thought it wasn't a great song choice, but Paula thought it was nice to see the 29-year-old from Birmingham, AL stand behind the microphone and just sing a song. Simon agreed, "I quite like the song. It was excellent. The only slight problem I have is I hate the styling, because it is very CLAY AIKEN."
Read the rest:
ET.TV.YAHOO

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 01:51:32 AM »

Taylor went with “Trouble,” a song I wasn’t familiar with, but is perfectly suited to his singing style. The problem with it is that it never got out of second gear. It tried near the end to really ramp up, but otherwise just stayed in the middle. He’s right in that it was a nice choice to show off his vocals, rather than his dancing. But the end effect is a “so close but yet so far” feeling.

Simon compared his styling to that of Clay Aiken. (I’m guessing he’s thinking bank to the Grease week.) He’s not that far off. The jacket needed a collar, and I think they cut his hair a little shorter than normal. He looked awkward like that — either an adult dressing as a kid in a size too small, or a big kid trying to dress cool but failing. Hopefully, he can go back to being the crazy guy we all know and love next week.
Read the rest:
VARIOUSANDSUNDRY

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 01:54:03 AM »

Taylor Hicks looks so hip tonight. He actually looks a little sexy. He's singing Ray LaMontagne's "Trouble". I love Ray LaMontagne. Kelly Clarkson sang his "Shelter" on the Katrina telethon. Very good performance. I actually agree with Paula for once in that it's really nice to see Taylor just stand behind the mic and sing the song. He showed his vocal range (more than he's ever shown) and really did the song some justice. As far Simon's criticism that he looks very Clay Aiken...what the hell? Why would Clay Aiken be wearing tight faded denim and a leather jacket? I love Ryan's comment "If this is very Clay Aiken, then that (points to Simon) is very Kelly Clarkson."

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 01:55:39 AM »

Taylor Hicks, 29, Birmingham, Ala.: Give Hicks credit; he was one of the few finalists to try something new this week. The geriatric pop star hopeful sang "Trouble" by Ray LaMontagne, a song that forced him to stand and sing in a stationary position rather than racing across the stage like a maniac as he does every other week. The vocals were nice, but the effort it required to remain planted on the stage was telling; he sang the whole song looking like he was constipated.
Grade: B
The judges: "I quite liked the song. I thought it was an excellent vocal. Only one slight problem is the styling – it's very Clay Aiken." – Simon Cowell.
Stay or go: The new, sedate version of Taylor Hicks is probably safe for another week.
MSNBC

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 01:57:27 AM »

Josh Gracin of 'American Idol' joins lineup on Ojibway Island
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
THE SAGINAW NEWS
A true "American Idol" rounds out the main-stage lineup at June's KCQ Country Music Fest on Saginaw's Ojibway Island.

Josh Gracin, who came in fourth behind Kimberly Locke, Clay Aiken and Ruben Stoddard during the reality show's second season, joins SHeDAISY and Steve Azar at the concert Saturday, June 17.

Last year, the free event attracted 80,000 music fans.

MLIVE

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 02:47:57 AM »

Good a.m. to you Miss D....thx for the news...great Alison interview!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 03:02:22 AM »

Good Morning Buddy!!

Yes, I thought the interview was nice!!  Clapping Clapping

I suppose I should thank Simon for mentioning Clay on AI, because it gives me alot of "Clay mentions" for the news during this slow time. Wink Laughing

Have a Tremendous Thursday everyone!!
Here ya go:

Clay "is" the "News"
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 03:05:47 AM »

THANKS FOR THE NEWS DEANNA

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY EVERYONE

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 03:30:32 AM »

Good morning,Jayne and Deanna and Angela

Thanks for the news.

Have a happy day everyone.

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 06:09:44 AM »

Good morning everyone.

Thanks for the news.  Great interview with Alison.

It is another beautiful day in North Carolina and the first day you can buy lottery tickets!!!!!!!

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 06:32:52 AM »

I WAS BROWSING LYCOS YESTERDAY- AND FOUND THESE FROM 2004. LETS HOPE CLAY DOES IT AGAIN IN 2006!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 06:35:29 AM »

LETS ALL SEARCH LYCOS AND BRING HIM BACK UP- I THINK HE IS IN THE 30'S TODAY

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2006, 06:37:27 AM »

LYCOS TOP

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2006, 07:31:11 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS.

YOU ARE RIGHT DEANNA.  AT LEAST ON THE POSITIVE NOTE YOU DO GET SOME NEWS TO POST.  REST UP MY FRIEND BECAUSE I THINK IT WILL BE GETTING VERY BUSY SOON.

HUGS
RAINEY
Claymaniac2000
UltimateFan

Clay's Butterfly

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 12:22:38 PM »

I JUST FOUND THIS AT THE RCA MUSIC SITE.  MAKE OF IT WHAT  YOU WILL!

Attention Clay Aiken Fans, a non-confirmed release date for Clay Aiken's upcoming LP was accidentally posted this past weekend due to an internal mis-communication. Clay is currently in a studio working hard on his pending album. Title and release date are TBD. Sorry for the confusion!

Janet Claymaniac2000
Hey Butterfly....Open up your weary eyes and realize.....It's a trip we're taking

BRETT-------WELCOME HOME
JULIE you are in my heart forever
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx