gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:06:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 129
Total: 129

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CRITICAL MASS 9 :: OUR MAIN DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 204238 times)
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #1980 on: April 24, 2006, 07:02:10 AM »

That's true. I heard that keeping ATCA running was very expensive. Now that it is closing, I bet whatever public site opens with clack will have no problem getting donations.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1981 on: April 24, 2006, 07:36:28 AM »

I CANNOT IMAGINE WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE WITH NO CLACK.  I WOULD PAY TO JOIN.  THE PRICE IS REASONABLE AND I BET EVERYONE WOULD FEEL THE SAME.  AS LONG AS IT IS NOT EXCLUSIONARY.  THAT IS WHAT IS SO ANNOYING ABOUT THE CH.  PEOPLE ON A LIST.  WAITING WITH BATED BREATH HOPING TO BE ALLOWED TO POST.   

I AM GLAD THAT CH AND CV ARE GONNA WORK TOGETHER ON THIS.  MUST HAVE SPOTLIGHTLOVERS STUFF.  MUST.

REMEMBER THE DAYS WHEN BEING A CLAY FAN WAS SO EASY?

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #1982 on: April 24, 2006, 07:47:30 AM »

GWENN

It's hard to remember.   I think my memory bank is overdrawn. 

Regarding Clack - I had signed up for monthly payments to ATCA and I would pay a fee for downloads from any available source.  I can't imagine a world without clack.  Paranoid

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
Clayforlife
UltimateFan

« Reply #1983 on: April 24, 2006, 07:49:52 AM »

I am fearful of no or limited Clack.  I am saddened about ATCA, but also understand the costs involved.  I wish it was an automatic - a monthly or yearly charge to download from there.  I think charging people as opposed to relying on donations would assist the cause!  At any rate, I am really hoping for a public Clack site of some sort since that is the majority of my "fun".  I live too far away to travel to all these concerts, as much as I'd like to.  Damn, Clay....come west again....SOON!!!!  Come to Canada!!!!  Come to Alberta!!!!  Come to my home town!!  Okay, okay....so maybe I am asking a bit much!!!!  You can't blame me for trying though!!!! Wink
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #1984 on: April 24, 2006, 08:37:17 AM »

GWENN

Ah yes,Gwenn We were all so innocent then!!! Roll eyes

Certainly lookes like  the planets are lining up in a grave way for the CLAYNATION right now..   Baby Dust

We will OVERCOME... Paranoid

Lighten up. people..  No need to discuss....that is meant tongue in cheek!!!

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1985 on: April 24, 2006, 08:52:54 AM »

HERE I GO---MISS OPTIMIST.

I HAVE FAITH IN THE CLAYNATION.  THERE WILL BE CLACK.  SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY--THERE WILL BE CLACK.  WE ALL DO STICK TOGETHER WHEN THE CHIPS ARE DOWN.  WE HAVE A VERY BIG THING IN COMMON----WE LOVE CLAY. 

AND I DO HAVE FAITH IN CLAY.  I DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT I DO.  THAT IS WHAT FAITH IS ALL ABOUT.  (SEE PAMELA'S BLOG ON THE OFC.)

I JUST MISS HIM. 

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #1986 on: April 24, 2006, 09:22:13 AM »

I miss him     Cry! Cry!

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #1987 on: April 24, 2006, 10:12:23 AM »

Is it just me? Or is anyone else bothered by the arrogance of those at message boards who dole out privileges to members they deem "worthy," while excluding others?

I thought this sort of "put your name on the list and hope they pick you" crap ended in 8th grade.

I agree with Meesa, it's a matter of bandwidth.  I think the first round of keys given out at CV was very fair.  You didn't even have to be an active poster there to receive a key.  They could track active members who only lurked.  Many people were given keys, who were not active posters, but were active at the site just by lurking. 

Of course everyone wants access to clack.  I think a public site to obtain clack is necessary.  However, I feel people need to pay for this privilege.  It is unfair for those who run the site to be expected to cover the cost.  I'm not so sure it should be a donation.   I think they need to charge a fee so that all their expenses are paid for.  It is not cheap to run one of these sites.  Usually the fees are very minimal.  Everyone manages to come up with money for other Clay related expenses, so in order to keep a clack site up and running, I agree that a fee should be charged.   
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1988 on: April 24, 2006, 10:41:15 AM »

The point is, that everyone would gladly pay a fee, and we would have all along. I donated  to ATCA whenever I knew Jayne was making a DVD, because I appreciated the fact that she was making DVDs for people who could not get to concerts. I have offered to donate money to Michael for this site - and I know others who have also. There is no need for anyone to bear the cost of a site alone. There are too many of us who would be happy to help. I really, really dislike the sites that exclude - that should not happen in the Claynation!  Naughty

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #1989 on: April 24, 2006, 01:10:59 PM »

We're ba-ack....

And now, on with the angst! Laughing

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #1990 on: April 24, 2006, 01:12:15 PM »

The point is, that everyone would gladly pay a fee, and we would have all along. I donated  to ATCA whenever I knew Jayne was making a DVD, because I appreciated the fact that she was making DVDs for people who could not get to concerts. I have offered to donate money to Michael for this site - and I know others who have also. There is no need for anyone to bear the cost of a site alone. There are too many of us who would be happy to help. I really, really dislike the sites that exclude - that should not happen in the Claynation!  Naughty

As I mentioned above, sometimes it's a matter of bandwidth that is the issue, not necessarily exclusion.  And... not everyone is willing to pay.  There are plenty of people who have stated on other sites that they can't afford the fees.  I have donated to some of the clack sites, but there are people who download like crazy, and never give a dime.  I don't think it's necessarily a matter of not being able to afford it.  Most people can contribute $10 for the year.  That's not that much.
cjrmax
« Reply #1991 on: April 24, 2006, 01:13:34 PM »

There is hope for clack for all!!  From Nova at the CH:

I really hate to hear that ATCA is closing. I feel so badly for those who aren't keyholders here or at CV.

Don't panic if you don't have access to keys, because we're working with KCClaymate, the owner of ATCA, to make certain that a public site will remain available.

As many of you know, Eva has been working closely with ATCA for many months, helping to keep the site up-to-date, and we'll make sure that lurkers continue to have clack access.
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #1992 on: April 24, 2006, 01:19:59 PM »

Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana    Thx for bringing that over Christie!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #1993 on: April 24, 2006, 01:24:07 PM »

I donate to the place I get my clack from (and use to make DVDs for myself and others) and I know others do, but like Lorrie said, not everyone does. I know ATCA went through bandwidth like crazy around JBT time. Tiffany had to request for more funds since the bandwidth she normally paid for (for the month) was drained within a week at the beginning of the month.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #1994 on: April 24, 2006, 01:40:04 PM »

Yes, Meesa... that's my point.  There are a lot of people who download clack, but don't think they should donate.  There are people who make donations so others can be included.  That's great and very generous.  But, I'm sure there are people who take advantage of other's generosity who never donate, but can afford to.
cjrmax
« Reply #1995 on: April 24, 2006, 04:20:18 PM »

I've been trying t post this inbetween this board going down!!

Here is the CV public link for The Ugly Ducking:

The Ugly Duckling - PUBLIC LINK

TheUglyDuckling.mp3

Note: Everyone can download from this link.  NO vault key or password is needed.  Click on the link above and then right-click and save as on the "TheUglyDuckling.mp3 " file.  Do not stream from the vault.

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1996 on: April 24, 2006, 04:34:26 PM »

OMG.  TRYING TO GET HERE ALL AFTERNOON.

IF YOU HAVEN'T DL THE UGLY DUCKLING.  DO.  IT IS HEARTWARMING.  IT IS SO GOOD TO HEAR HIS VOICE.  I AM EASY.  SO?  YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT? Laughing Wink

I JUST KNEW THE CLAYNATION WOULD COME THROUGH  I THINK MOST PEOPLE WILL DO WHATEVER IS NECESSARY TO INSURE CLACK.  BLESS CH AND CV FOR THE UD.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #1997 on: April 24, 2006, 04:49:24 PM »

Ahh, the sweet sibilance of that versatile voice. Smile

Don't tell me we're all sitting around, listening to a children's story. Laughing

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1998 on: April 24, 2006, 04:52:38 PM »

SIBILANCE???????????  NEW WORD TO ME. 

OH, THERE IS A STORY?  JUST THE VOICE.  AH, IS RIGHT.

Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud!

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #1999 on: April 24, 2006, 04:52:53 PM »

Quack quack!

I'm making me a CD of this for work tomorrow. LOL!  lmao

Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx