gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:29:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 485
Total: 485

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MARCH 3  (Read 3599 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: March 03, 2006, 04:13:29 AM »

With Clay's new CD expected soon, the Claymania is Buidling. Here's a chance to help construct "The Claymania Building" by adding a brick.
TOP DOG CITY

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 04:16:22 AM »

If you would like to discuss Clay's latest Blog at the O-fficial site, here's our member's thread:

HE BLOGS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 04:19:41 AM »

AI5 Guys Night - Where the Boys Are
by Derek Fontenot (2006/03/02)
(snip)

Will Makar - Lady - I found Will very Clay-like in his vocal tone this week. He has a genuine enthusiasm for the competition as well as a great sense of humor. The performance itself was good but very safe. It just did not stand out. Simon said he sings quite well, which is true, but singing quite well in this competition is pointless if you don't WOW people as Anthony learned in the first part of the finals last season. All that being said, I believe in Will and I hope, if he sticks around, he really brings it next week. Off the subject, does he remind anyone else of Seth Cohen on the O. C.?
Read the rest:
BEAVERSONIDOL

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 04:24:47 AM »

Carrie Underwood Returns To 'Idol'
03.02.2006 11:54 AM EST
Last season's winner will sing her hit single "Jesus, Take the Wheel."
(snip)
"[The concept] goes through me first, but everybody around me has pretty much the same ideas as I do," the singer said. "Everything's gone so smoothly with the album, the singles and the videos." "Smoothly" is a bit of understatement: Underwood's album, Some Hearts (see "Carrie Underwood Fantasizes About Taking A Bat To Her Man's Car"), has been in the Top 10 of Billboard's albums chart since its release last fall, and with more than 2 million copies sold is closing in on Clay Aiken's Measure of a Man as the second best-selling "Idol"-related album. (Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway ranks first.)
Read the rest:
MTV.COM
*I don't consider Breakaway an idol-related album*   

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 04:26:40 AM »

Southerners shine on American Idol
What do the eight winners of American Idol have in common? They each have deep Southern roots. Here are the facts.
Kelly Clarkston, season one winner is from Burleston Texas. Her runner-up Justin Guarini, born in Pennsylvania, and deep roots in Atlanta. Ruben Studdard, second year winner, is from Birmingham, Alabama. His runner-up, Clay Aiken is from Raleigh N.C. Third season winner Fantasia Barrino is from High Point N.C. and Diana DeGarmo of Snellville, Ga, was second. And last year’s winner Carrie Underwood is a native of Checotah, Oklahoma and Bo Bice comes from Huntsville, Alabama.
It may come as a surprise to some that Idol’s winner list is dominated by Southerners. But not to me. Music, all kinds of music, has reflected the soul of the South since its beginning.

MAINSTREETNEWS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 04:28:26 AM »

Kevin Covais- Speaking of being 10% more attractive, why is Kevin here? Are they just keeping him around to make fun of him? He just can't sing that well. He's sneaking in on the Clay Aiken ticket, but there is just one problem -- Clay Aiken can actually sing. This guy? He's just okay. He's so-so. He's fun to watch, but he shouldn't be in this competition. I really feel that the only reason that the judges (Paula and Randy) brought him to California is so they could make fun of him on the show. Did you see the Chicken Little comparison and calling him a "ladies man"? They are just totally making fun of him. But I'm not a dude -- is it worth the public humiliation on national TV if it potentially gets you laid out of pity? I don't know. Fellas, you're gonna have to tell me the answer to that one.

Read the rest:
TVSQUAD

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 04:30:36 AM »

Jon Bon Jovi lifts otherwise disappointing show in San Jose
By Jim Harrington, STAFF WRITER 

Bon Jovi's HP Pavilion show Tuesday night featured songs from throughout the band's 24-year career. The older tunes fared better. 

MANY OF Bon Jovi's older songs haven't aged well, and the band's new material is pretty bad. 
(snip)

The new CD's "Story of My Life" is the type of sappy number that would work for Clay Aiken or any other "American Idol." "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead," from 1992's "Keep the Faith," was even worse, recalling the pumped-up party anthems of country idol Kenny Chesney.

INSIDEBAYAREA

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 04:33:13 AM »

Michael Bublé in concert
BY MELISSA RUGGIERI
TIMES-DISPATCH STAFF WRITER Mar 2, 2006

It’s rare that anything sells out in Richmond in less than an hour unless you’re talking Elton John or Cher or...wrestling.
But cherub-faced Canadian crooner Michael Bublé apparently wields massive power over his devoted fan base, evidenced by the mere 45 minutes it took for 3,500 tickets to disappear for Tuesday’s Landmark Theater show.

Some embrace the silky-voiced balladeer because he reminds them of a young Frank Sinatra - or perhaps a more talented grandson - while others need a new T-shirt stand to spend their allowance at while Clay Aiken reorganizes his life
TIMESDISPATCH

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 04:35:46 AM »

A night with Neil Sedaka: Musical legend comes to Performing Arts Center at Purchase College
(snip)
His songs have been recorded by more than 90 artists. The range of the artists is astonishing. For every LaVern Baker or Rosemary Clooney there is a Captain & Tennille or Carole King. Most recently, he's had songs re-created by Sheryl Crow, Clay Aiken and Nick Carter. Because his music is trademarked, he doesn't worry that songs will wander too far from the way he intended them to be heard.

"They have to respect the tune and melody. They are not allowed to change that," he says. "It's very comfortable for vocalists. I write at the piano in a very comfortable vocal range. No one sings them like me. It's very true, if I may say so."

Sedaka is a fan of "American Idol," a show that makes overnight sensations of singers who perform the songs of others, and served as a guest judge during the show's second season. However, he says it's helpful for aspiring artists to have their own songs.

"I think it's wonderful," he says of "American Idol." "It's a great outlet and millions of people watch. It must be very tough on these kids to have the stamina, talent and drive, but it's a marvelous way of being recognized by the world overnight. I don't get these lousy singers that get on and they're shocked when they don't make it."
GREENWICHTIME.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 05:01:32 AM »

Thanks to songbird for this link!!

Here's a Myspace.com poster who mentions he has arranged music for Clay:
MYSPACE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 05:11:51 AM »

Non-Clay:

Here is another story on Jason Mc Elwain, the autistic boy who's story is the Featured Article on our front page.

His play drew national attention, and a flood of calls from Hollywood. His parents have received inquiries from about 25 production companies, ranging from The Walt Disney Co. and Warner Bros., to independent documentary filmmakers.
CAPEONLINE

Clay "is" the "News"
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2006, 06:41:35 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS.  JUST DOING MY DAILY ROUTINE HERE.  THANKS FOR THE NEWS AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.  I AM SO HAPPY OUR HONEY BLOGGED.  NOW IT IS TIME TO MOVE ON GET GET THAT CD ROLLING.

HUGS
RAINEY
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2006, 07:36:57 AM »

Thanks for the news.  Sleepy today, glad it is Friday!!!!!!

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
glenna moore
Claynewbie

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2006, 10:40:10 AM »

wave HELLO, I AM A NEW MEMBER.  I PERSONALLY DO NOT KNOW ANOTHER CLAY FAN.  WENT TO SEE HIS SHOW IN TORONTO AUG 25TH AND IT WAS GREAT.  I PURCHASED THE MERRY XMAS CD FOR MY DAUGHTER BECAUSE I LOVE MINE, BUT WHEN SHE PLAYS IT, IT IS ELTON JOHN SINGING.  I PROBABLY SOUND SILLY BUT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER DONE THIS.  I AM A LOYAL CLAY AIKEN FAN.  Clapping

I think Clay Aiken is the best celebrity out there and I follow his career and purchase all his cd's video etc.  Please come to Canada Clay.  Hamilton would welcome you.
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2006, 10:43:13 AM »

Welcome Glenna!!!!

You are in good company here, we all love the little rascal too!!!!!

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2006, 10:58:53 AM »

Welcome to Claymaniacs, Glenna!!

I hope to see you post often. You are truly among friends here.

If you have any questions about our site, please feel free to PM me.

Welcome again,
Deanna

Clay "is" the "News"
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2006, 02:51:44 PM »

THANKS DEANNA--FOR THE NEWS--I ADDED MY NAME TO A BRICK!!  Purple Banana Purple Banana

GLENNA, SO GREAT TO SEE A NEW FAN MEMBER-HOPE TO SEE YOU MORE OFTEN--WELCOME!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx