gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:08:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 470
Total: 470

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Week-End to Fight Breast Cancer-- See Page 3: THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!  (Read 19910 times)
claydevotee
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2006, 05:50:06 PM »

CHRISIE, I couldn't be more proud of you than I am right now!!!!  Beautiful words from a very beautiful lady, both inside and out.  It's a privilege to call you my friend.   Huggles
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2006, 07:24:49 AM »

CHRISIE- YOU GO, GIRL!!
WE ARE SO VERY PROUD OF YOU!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2006, 10:02:47 AM »

CHRISIE !  Huggles

The time is almost here!  During your Walk for Cancer this weekend, it makes me happy that Claymaniacs could be involved in what you are physically doing to help fight this devastating disease! Clapping

I am so proud of you!  You are always kind and caring and now you have taken on the challenge of the walk to help raise more funds and awareness!   May this be a fight that we some day will win!

Take care, dear friend!  Please remember that your Claymaniac friends will be cheering for you as you cross the finish line!  Cheer! Cheer!

With Love & Pride,

Barbara

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2006, 07:52:56 AM »

Thank you Sharon, Marion, Thea, Marilyn, and Barb  Big Hug!

Well, I'm all packed and ready to go, I leave right after picking up the kids from school. Please pray it doesn't rain. There is a 60% chance for it on Sat and a little cooler than usual. It would be so miserable to walk for 6-8 hours each day in that weather 

My friend was telling me last year, she saw alot of people wearing Clay t-shirts for the walk   so I can't wait, hopefully I will see a few and talk to them. Purple Banana Purple Banana

So I will be back on Sunday night, probably late. So have a great week-end everyone. 

And again, THANK YOU from the bottom of my Heart for all the love and support you have shown me.   Huggles

wave

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
claydevotee
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2006, 07:58:03 AM »

Chrisie,

Godspeed, dear young lady.  I know that you will have not only your friends walking alonside you this weekend, but also the spirits of those who have gone on after having lost their battles with Breast Cancer.  Don't feel surprised if you hear somebody whispering into your ear ("Keep going, you can do it!") and maybe even you will feel somebody lifting you and carrying you across the finish line.  They will be there every step of the way, I can assure you.

Have a wonderful and amazing experience on behalf of all of your fellow Claymaniacs!  Huggles
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2006, 06:14:14 AM »

I have to tell you about my weekend a little, I hope you don't mind b/c it was the most AMAZING thing I have ever done and I will probably start crying while writing this.

First of all, there were 5,423 walkers and we raised $17.2 MILLION dollars which was a record !!!!!!  Amazing ! It was so emotional I can't describe. To see soo many people, young and old with pink lanyards on which let everyone know they were survivors was unbelievable.The walkers all had blue ones as well.
The walk started at 7am Sat morning with opening ceremonies which really made you cry but made you very happy to be there. We walk 32 KM  that day through the streets of Toronto  and there were hundreds of people out on the street supporting you, giving you water, fruit, candy and lots of Hi-5's and hugs along the way. People had there houses decorated with pink ribbons and balloons and alot of cheers from windows and people on there porches. I can't describe to you how amazing it was too see that. Again, many tears !
The walk was hard, I won't lie. My feet felt like they were on fire by the end of the first day. The first day took us exactly 8 hours, but that was with stopping at the pit stops for snacks, water and potty breaks and for lunch. It was shockingly organized, I couldn't believe it. Each pit stop had a themes and the volunteers were soo upbeat and really got ya going even if you thought you couldn't. When we got in, we signed up for massages which were much needed. We had dinner which was too good, but it got really really cold and we were wet from the rain all morning, we had to leave. They had festivities inside a tent, but it was just way to cold. So we went back to the hotel and RAN to the hotub !!! LOL !! Thanks god for that. We were fighting over the jets to put on our lower backs and feet for a little more massaging !!! LOL !!
Got up the next morning to do it all over again. Felt ok when I got up. I got one big blister on my big toe b/c my feet were wet from Sat and I changed my shoes for Sunday. This day seemed really easy to do. A little shorter but knowing the end was coming I guess made it easy. Alot more supporters along the way cheering you on. You really felt like a celebrity walking b/c they were all there to see you and cheer for you. Very Cool.  When you reach the finish line, there were thousands and thousands of people there and watched for what seemed hours just Hi-5ing everyone as you reach it. All 5 of us walked this arms and arm together across the line and just started balling our eyes out !!! I wasn't able to walk with Moe the whole time for a few reasons, but she was there at the finish line and I ran to her and gave her a hug hug and we cried together. LOVE HER !!!!
The closing ceremonies was something to be seen. All the walkers got blue shirts and the finish line that said " WE ARE COURAGE" on the front and we all walked in and formed 2 big areas with space in between that was rope off for the crew and survivors. There was sooo much cheering when you walk in, you couldn't hear yourself talk. Again, balling !!! Next, all the survivors with there pink shirts on walked in-between us and that was amazing and hugging and kissing each other, very very touching !!! and then the crew of volunteers came in after them in white shirts. So there was a rainbow of colors made-- beautiful. Then the speeches came etc......more tears, and then it was over.

I can't even begin to explain how amazing this whole experience was for me.I had a huge headache from lack of sleep and crying so much, but I have all ready signed up to do it again !!!! Very emotional and very uplifting at the same time. I have ALOT of pics . There is one of Me and Moe that is the best pick I think I have ever seen and I cherish it.  She was actually on the news Sat night !!! They by chance just picked her to interview and showed her Sat walking across the finish line that night, Very cool.

So that was my week-end. Thanks for listening and for all the support you guys. It was amazing !!! I couldn't have done it without all the love and support you all had shown me. I am all ready very excited to do it again next year !!!!

My love to all of you !!!!!

UNCONDITIONAL
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2006, 06:45:50 AM »

Chrisie,

Congrats!!!!!  I am sure it was a very moving experience.  I received the email earlier in the week that it was a record setting fund raiser!!!!!!!  How cool is that, glad to have been a small part of it.

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2006, 07:05:51 AM »

Here are a few pic......

This is my team before the walk started.

Here is my reason for walking... Moe and I at the start line Sat morning.

Here is my team at the end of the walk with our Victory shirts on

Here is Moe and I with our shirts- note the watery, swelling eyes from all the crying...

Here is the closing ceremony walking in.. very emotional.

UNCONDITIONAL
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2006, 07:30:06 AM »

Chrisie, these pictures are amazing, the one of you and Moe is so beautiful Huggles You are truly something my dear friend, love you for doing this, and you can count on my support again next year!!!!!!!!!!!! Clapping Clapping Clapping

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2006, 07:34:11 AM »

Wonderful pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2006, 08:00:56 AM »

Chrisie, I was crying reading your post, so I can imagine how emotional it was for you to be there. I love the pictures you posted. You and all the other volunteers did a wonderful job!! Thank you for sharing, and thank you for doing this.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
ann
UltimateFan

« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2006, 07:36:26 PM »

Wonderful job! You should be very proud! Clapping Clapping Clapping
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2006, 08:19:02 PM »

Chrisie !  Huggles

Your description was perfect.  What a wonderful accomplishment!  Clapping

The pictures you posted are so very meaningful. 

So proud of you, Chrisie!  Glad you signed up for next year!  Huggles

Barbara

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
claydevotee
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2006, 03:05:45 PM »

Thank you so much, dear Chrisie.

Your courage and Moe's courage is giving me courage to fight the battle with Breast Cancer that I must now fight.  Thank you for walking to the finish line on behalf of all women.  I will print up that picture of you and Moe hugging and take it to the hospital with me when I have my surgery, which willl probably take place early next week.

Love always   Huggles Huggles Huggles

Thea
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2006, 09:18:36 AM »

Thank you so much, dear Chrisie.

Your courage and Moe's courage is giving me courage to fight the battle with Breast Cancer that I must now fight.  Thank you for walking to the finish line on behalf of all women.  I will print up that picture of you and Moe hugging and take it to the hospital with me when I have my surgery, which willl probably take place early next week.

Love always   Huggles Huggles Huggles

Thea

Oh Thea, my heart is breaking for you. I sent you a PM  Huggles
There is alot of love and support here for you, so please use it !!!

We all love you here  Big Hug! Kiss!

UNCONDITIONAL
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx