gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:03:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 152
Total: 152

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Week-End to Fight Breast Cancer-- See Page 3: THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!  (Read 20016 times)
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« on: February 26, 2006, 06:21:07 PM »

First I want to thank Pamela for allowing me to post this here  Huggles

Those of you who know me, know that this cancer has touched way too many people in my life.
So I am here to ask you to help me with the fight against Breast Cancer.

In Sept, I am participating in the Week-End to End Breast Cancer here in Toronto. The Weekend to End Breast Cancer is simply this - an awesome life changing adventure. During one amazing weekend, September 8-10, 2006, thousands of women and men will unite in Toronto to walk 60 kilometres in a bold display of courage and commitment. It’s a weekend of hope, as we honour lives lost, celebrate survivors, and help bring breast cancer care to those who so desperately need it.

But, in order to do this walk, each person NEEDS to raise $2000  eek! This is alot of money for one person to raise !! The net proceeds benefit Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation, an international leader in the fight against cancer and the largest institution in Canada devoted to cancer treatment, innovative research, and education programs.

So, I am here asking for your help. If you would like to donate ANY amount of money to help me with this cause, I would soo appreciate it and you can go directly to the Breast Cancer site and donate directly to my wep page, by just clicking on donate, where you will see a picture of my 2 girls. If want to donate and you're not comfortable with donating over the internet, you can PM and I can give you my address and you can send a check, money order, cash, whatever you would like and I will put it up on my page under your name. ~ Here is the link ~

http://www.endcancer.ca/site/TR?px=1271897&pg=personal&fr_id=1120

This walk is a first time for me and it is a meaningful one. This cancer has touched many people near to my heart, both friends and family. I walk for them, I walk for you, and I walk for the future of my children. If I am able to do this walk, and I walk across the finish line with my dear friend fighting this disease right now, it will be one of the most rewarding thing I have ever done.
 So, if you can, please help me in this fight against breast cancer.
Thank you in advance in helping me and supporting me in this journey. This would not be possible without you. Big Hug!

Love,
Chrisie

I thought I would put up a pic of my friend Moe who I will be walking with and for.( and some friends.) This was taken at x-mas time. And for those of you who don't know me, I'm on the bottom left.

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
claydevotee
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 07:08:12 PM »

Dear CHRISIE:

Why am I not surprised that you would be the first to come forward on our Board to proclaim her love and support for the many, many women who are or have in the past been fighting the battle of their lives---breast cancer??? My life, as well, has been touched by breast cancer---my aunt, my sister-in-law and several of my friends throughout the years have waged their battles, some successfully and others not so successfully.  Never have I witnessed such courage and grace during trying times than  through the examples of each of these special individuals. 

I will be sending you a donation via check.  If I had worked a little harder to get myself in shape over these past few months, I can assure you that I would be walking in the Chicago event.  We love you and so appreciate your efforts on behalf of so many.  We will be cheering you on in spirit during that weekend!

Love,
Thea
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 10:44:39 PM »

Chrisie,

I admire you greatly for stepping up for this cause and making a difference!  Many of us have been touched personally, and we have a member - Carol/LiftClayUp - who is dealing with this disease right now.

You are very special, and I am more than happy to provide a place to share the information so our members who are willing and able can pitch in to help you meet your goal.

I also commit to making a contribution toward your goal.  I hope you will keep us posted as the weeks go by as to your progress as well.

Good luck my friend!!

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 05:55:19 AM »

Chrisie wave your post gave me goose pimples woman!!!! You know how special you are to me, and I know how important this walk is to you Huggles you know you can count on me a a donation, and we will all be cheering you on that weekend!!!  You are one special lady!! Hug Hug

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Pauluka96
UltimateFan

Holder of Clay's Pepper Shaker

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 06:18:32 AM »

Chrisie, how wonderful. You can expect a donation from me. You are doing good.

Keeper of Clay's Adams Apple
Keeper of the pepper shaker
Keeper of Clay's T shirt and I am never going to give it back
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 07:11:11 AM »

Big Hug! Big Hug! Big Hug!

Thanks guys !!!!

And if anyone has any ideas on how to do some fund raising, that would be much appreciated as well.
So far, we are having a community garage sale with ALL the proceeds going to the walk and Sharon has suggested a BBQ in front of Wal-Mart. So I'm on that today  Purple Banana to see if they will help.
Also, we will be hosting a charity b-ball tournament, and I'm making flyers to hand out in my neighborhood. So that is where I am at so far. So any more suggestions ??

UNCONDITIONAL
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 07:35:17 AM »

I am so proud of you ChrisieHuggles

My great aunt died of breast cancer. My grandma is approaching her 10 year survivor anniversary. Breast cancer has definitely affected my life and my family's lives.

I'll think of some fundraising ideas and let you know!

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
karen28
UltimateFan

A "Perfect Day" is every day I listen to Clay!!

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 01:29:29 PM »

Good Luck Chrisie!  I've sent a donation.  Great cause, and I greatly admire you for doing this! Clapping Clapping

Baby Dust I LOVE AND SUPPORT CLAY ~ FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY!!!  Baby Dust
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 02:03:34 PM »

Chrisie
You are doing a very beautiful thing!  What a sweetheart you are! Huggles

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 04:10:37 PM »

Chrisie,

This is wonderful.  Made a donation on your behalf.  Think this awful disease has touched all of our lives in some way.  Thank you!!

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 05:08:59 PM »

CHRISIE,
YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL PERSON INSIDE & OUT  Huggles

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 05:50:43 PM »

Chrisie !  Huggles

Your enthusiasm for the Week-End to Fight Breast Cancer exemplifies the kind of person you are!   I'm proud to know you!   I have your mailing address and "the check is in the mail" ! 

I am thankful that you will be walking on behalf of all of us for this most worthwhile cause.  I lost my kid sister to breast cancer 3 years ago.   There are others in my life who have won the battle!  Cheers to you, Chrisie!  Clapping

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 08:06:40 AM »

wave

I just wanted to post something here--

I knew that posting on this board, I would get some support. But the amount of support I am getting in both words and in donations is truly overwhelming to me. I have had many PM's from supporters who haven't posted here and you all are amazing people and I can't thank you enough. It doesn't matter if it was $10 or $110 dollars given, you all are very special !!!

Clay People are truly truly caring and giving people. I love you all !!!

THANK YOU !!!

Big Hug! Kiss!

UNCONDITIONAL
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 08:45:01 AM »

Clay fans are the best people Chrisie!!!  this is wonderful to hear Clapping Clapping

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 12:23:02 PM »

Just an update ~~~

From Clay people alone, I have recieved $95 and that does not include donations that are being mailed. With the mail ins, I think it will be around $300 and even that doesn't include people who have said they will donate by mailing it to me but didn't state how much !!

Again, You ladies ROCK !!!! I can't thank you enough  Purple Banana

Big Hug! Kiss!

UNCONDITIONAL
ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2006, 07:48:17 PM »

Chrisie....wow you are awesome!!!! I have thought deeply about doing the 3 day walk here in michigan...I never stepped up and out of a comfort zone to actually do it...trying to raise that kind of $ would be hard...I am planning on volenteering for the even though...sooo my dear friend you can count on me for a donation.....you go girl ....you are going to do it...I know!!!!!!!!!!!
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2006, 12:45:31 PM »

Debi, thank you soo very much !! Huggles

The fundraisinig is hard b/c I really hate asking for money, but the more people I talk to about this, the more people come out saying they know of someone how has gone threw it  Sometimes it is so heartbreaking, but you have to give positive words and know that you are doing everything possible to help, and they in turn want to help.
I am soo excited about this  Purple Banana It is so uplifting helping like this, I can't really explain it, but it is a GREAT feeling !!!

One of my Clay friend just gave and put up on my site ~~

Clay
and I think you are great !!!! Woohoo! Woohoo! Woohoo!

Loved that, it just made my day !!!!

UNCONDITIONAL
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2006, 03:25:59 PM »

Chrisie, what an amazing thing to do.  You are truly an extraordinary person.

When I was raising funds to pay for Kandise's cheerleading, I found that the most successful fundraiser for me was having a car wash.  You get some volunteers to help you.  Find a local business that will let you use their water and some parking area.  (We used our local Veterans of Foreign Wars Eagles club.)  Go around and sale tickets and hang up signs.  Charge $5 per car to wash it and vacuum out the inside.  It adds up fast.

That's how we made most of her money.  Good luck!!!!!  And may God bless you for your generous heart.   Huggles

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2006, 06:36:35 AM »

wave Kris,
That is a great idea and it is something all our kids can get involved with as well and would be a lot of fun  Purple Banana I can see a lot of water fights happening Laughing I'll keep you posted on that one. Clapping

Today, I'm going to a second hand store and taking all my kids old summer cloths and they give you money on the spot. Not alot but it helps. Super Happy!!!

Thanks again !!! Huggles

UNCONDITIONAL
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2006, 06:52:19 PM »

Well, can I ask for some help AGAIN  ???  Wink

There are 5 of us doing this walk together and we need a team name. It can be REALLY FUNNY  or inspirational or anything you can think of.

For example, some from last year were ~

THE BOOBIE BABES
      THE BARE BREASTED LADIES
      ALL FOR BOOBS AND BOOBS FOR ALL !!

All we have so far is TEAM HOPE and FIGHTERS FOR SURVIVORS

So any help or a name would be great. Purple Banana

Thanks guys AGAIN !!!!

UNCONDITIONAL
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx