gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:27:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 345
Total: 345

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK FEB 24  (Read 5251 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: February 24, 2006, 03:33:28 AM »

“American Idol” finalists continue to make their mark on gospel music with George Huff, Clay Aiken, and this year’s “Idol” Carrie Underwood each garnering a nomination

Get in the Mix: GMA Week 2006 
Posted: Thursday, February 23 , 2006, 20:12 (UK) 

The GMA (Gospel Music Association) week will be held at Music City in the Nashville Convention Centre in Tennessee, April 1-5, 2006.

Read the rest:
CHRISTIANTODAY

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 03:35:02 AM »

Who will be SuperHost?
By Mervin Tay, TODAY

American Idol's Clay Aiken, Singapore Idol's Sylvester Sim and Project SuperStar's Kelly Poon have one thing in common: They were once eliminated during competition but later revived to become strong contenders.

Read the rest:
CHANNELNEWSASIA

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 03:38:14 AM »

Will the Female Vote Pull Drew Through?

The audience demographics are not in yet, but we'll go out on a limb here. The two contenders to win ABC's Dancing With the Stars are Stacey Keibler or Drew Lachey. By me, Stacey has worked very hard and is, all things taken into account, the best in this competition. Which is not to say that Drew Lachey didn't also expend much effort and it's also not to say that this man doesn't have a certain masculine fluidity that is admirable.

I'm betting, however, that this series is watched mostly by women. Now I could be wrong here and hesitate to insert my own anecdotal evidence, which includes a survey of the one male in the household - sensitive but very much a guy type in the most dopey meaning of the phrase, insert wink here - mine own husband. Who wouldn't tune into dancing with anybody, much less stars he's never heard of. But I have a son-in-law who is quite the dancer but again, he's not going to tune in for this show because, well, because he told me. Which is why I suspect Drew might pull off the win due to the women who watch him. (snip)

Or will the somewhat short but impossibly cute Drew be pulled through to victory as many claimed that same demographic did for Clay Aiken of American Idol?
BLOGCRITICS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 03:40:00 AM »

Barry Manilow - The Greatest Songs Of The Fifties Review
Posted by Mitch Michaels on 02.23.2006

The only Barry Manilow review to mention The Misfits, guaranteed!

My Story
My first introduction to Barry Manilow came from, of all people, country music "funny song" guy Ray Stevens. During my brief Ray Stevens period (frell Dennis Altizer), I picked up the Greatest Hits, Vol. 2 cassette, a 10-song compilation that featured most of Ray's biggest stuff from the 80's. One of the songs was called "I Need Your Help, Barry Manilow". Being a 12 year old kid in the early 90's, I had no frell clue who Barry Manilow was, only that he must've sang some pretty sappy songs. Carlton Banks, the Manilow-loving too-white-to-know-he's-black cousin on Will Smith's "The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" confirmed this fact. And that was pretty much it for me and Barry Manilow. Well, until Clay Aiken. In 2003, the "American Idol" runner-up put Manilow back into the public spotlight due to his uncanny physical and vocal similarities to the vanilla crooner, so much so that "AI" actually incorporated Manilow and his songs into a later show. And that re-launching of Barry's career directly leads us to this album.
411MANIA

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 03:42:23 AM »

Brad, Dolly take the wheel from Carrie
By BRAD SCHMITT

That Brad Paisley does have success with duets.

You may recall a little song he did with Alison Krauss called Whiskey Lullaby that won most awards known to man and music.

His latest duet, with Dolly Parton, is called When I Get Where I'm Going, and it has the distinction of knocking his labelmate Carrie Underwood off the top of country airplay charts this week.
But what a nice run for Carrie.

Jesus, Take the Wheel was No. 1 on Billboard's Hot Country Songs chart for six straight weeks and R&R's country airplay chart for five straight weeks.

Carrie set a record for most weeks at No. 1 for a single from a new artist's debut album in the recent record-keeping era.

Way to go, Brad, ruining a great run for supercute Carrie! What's next, hiding Clay Aiken's hair product?
TENNESSEAN
 ROFLMAO

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 03:45:47 AM »

The Access Hollywood site has some videos and polls that may interest you. Wink

ACCESSIDOL

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 03:47:58 AM »

Let me say this first: Elliot Yamin is definitely not the best male vocalist to come out of this competition.  I don't get it about this season... is the talent so lackluster that the judges feel the need to overrate the contestants (yes)?  Simon needs to go back and listen to Solitaire by Clay Aiken, and then say that with a straight face.  But anyways, Elliot does have a very good voice.  Still, some elements of his performance of If You Really Love Me by Stevie Wonder came across as slightly average.  I think its the fact that he lacks star power.
Read the rest:
POSTCHRONICLE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 03:51:49 AM »

The next Clay Aiken?
The current front-runner for This Year's Clay Aiken
is Will Makar, a young, peppy lad Paula Abdul compared, not inaccurately, to Bobby Brady. He donned his keen polo shirt and jacket, and he sang "I Want You Back." It wasn't distinguished, but it certainly was endearing, and it's a safe bet that girls all over the country started writing "Mrs. Will Makar" on the backs of their science notebooks.
MSNBC

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 03:53:23 AM »

RALEIGH, N.C. -- With Fantasia and Clay Aiken as natives, North Carolina has a good track record on "American Idol". Now, David Radford has connected with American Idol judges, and hopes that America greets him with the same enthusiasm.
WRAL.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 03:54:53 AM »

The two men and two women who received the fewest viewers’ votes will leave tonight, and every Thursday for the next few weeks until the top 12 are revealed. While the winner gets a record contract, just making the final dozen has proved lucrative for Justin Guarini, Clay Aiken and other near-Idols.
TONAWANDA-NEWS

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006, 03:58:46 AM »

Hello M.B.  HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2006, 04:03:55 AM »

I picked up this news tidbit when I was searching for news items:

Clay wins the People Magazine Poll:

'Who's you're favorite American Idol?'

Clay 69% 
Kelly 27% 
Fantasia 4%

(Apparently this issue is just out)

Clay "is" the "News"
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 04:09:20 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS.  HAPPY TGIF DAY AND ANOTHER CLAYDAY.

HAVE A GOOD DAY AND THANKS FOR THE NEWS ON OUR HONEY.  STILL WAITING TO HEAR FROM HIM.  MISS HIM SO MUCH.

HAVE A SUNNYSHINEY CLAYDAY MY FRIENDS.

HUGS
RAINEY
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2006, 04:10:06 AM »

Good Morning Buddy!! Good Morning Lorraine!!

TGIF!!! TGIF!!! TGIF!!! TGIF!!!
Here! Have some coffee with the news:

Clay "is" the "News"
stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2006, 04:29:23 AM »

Good morning all .
Deanna thanks again for the news and all you do. Clapping Clapping

TGIF, FOR ALL YOU WORKERS OUT THERE. Purple Banana Purple Banana

Tomorrow I get a grandaughter fix. My daughter and her 3 1/2 year  old Sophie  are coming for the weekend.

Last weekend it was my youngest son's family, and 2 year old grandaughter, Madeline. Madeline and Sophie are best friends.
 I am blessed. Baby Dust Baby Dust

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2006, 05:02:44 AM »

I picked up this news tidbit when I was searching for news items:

Clay wins the People Magazine Poll:

'Who's you're favorite American Idol?'

Clay 69% 
Kelly 27% 
Fantasia 4%

(Apparently this issue is just out)

YEA!!! YEA!!!!

This makes me happy!! I wasn't so sure, honestly, how he would do in this poll...from a People magazine readers viewpoint. Kelly is MAJOR hot!!

Just wondering out loud how much the internet fan base had to do with the outcome..the fact that the poll was given more publicity within the internet fan base for Clay?

That is NOT a bad thing, in my opinion...the internet is there to use by fans of all artists..Kelly and Fantasia fans had equal chance to get the word out to the fans that support those artists- that the poll existed.

We are an organized, supportive bunch, PLUS, I think that those  casual AI watchers and People magazine readers really do enjoy Clay!!

Thanks for posting those results! I couldn't wait to get my mag tomorrow to see the results! Now..I don't have to!

Lora
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2006, 05:26:57 AM »

Yeah! Glad to hear about the People poll - the magazine should be out on the newsstands today.  Purple Banana I worried about that poll, because not everyone has text messaging, and I thought the Kelly fans would be out in force.

I thought Will looked (and looks) like a young Donny Osmond - but Paula is right - he looks like Bobby Brady, too!  Laughing

ClayObsessed called in another magazine article to me yesterday - Twist Magazine, March, 2006 - Page 8. "Star Gazing" section - Clay is shown visiting a New York City public school. He is shown standing in front of the class pointing to a map, and it mentions that he is a UNICEF Ambassador.

Have a great TGIF, everyone.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
clayistheway
Claymaniac

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2006, 06:42:41 AM »

I thought Will looked (and looks) like a young Donny Osmond - but Paula is right - he looks like Bobby Brady, too!  Laughing

I don't think he looks like Bobby Brady as much as he does Peter Brady.  He's a dead ringer for a young Christopher Knight who played Peter.

\"When was the last time you looked at a young person with a disability as someone who could help you as opposed to someone who needed help?\" -- Clay Aiken
The amazingly talented, sexy young man who is Clay Aiken!!!!!
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2006, 06:55:41 AM »

Good Morning Everyone!!!!

Thanks for all the news.  Great results in the People poll, since it was just text messaging to vote was not sure how it would come out.  But then we have always known that Clay is #1!!!!!!

TGIF!!!!!!

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2006, 08:41:26 AM »

HELLO EVERYONE  wave,
DEANNA THANKS FOR THE NEWS

LORA, THANKS FOR THE INFO ON PEOPLE MAGAZINE  Purple Banana Purple Banana

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx