gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:08:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 475
Total: 475

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK FEB 21  (Read 2426 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: February 21, 2006, 01:55:37 AM »

Idol Review, Kelly Clarkson
(snip)
On September 4, 2002, Clarkson won the competition, earning 58% of the audience vote over Justin Guarini, who had previously been leading. As the newly crowned “American Idol”, Clarkson performed the ballad “A Moment Like This”. Clarkson, Clay Aiken of season two and Carrie Underwood of season four were the only contestants in American Idol history who succeeded in staying out of the bottom three places in weekly voting results. Clarkson and Underwood both went on to win the competition, while Aiken became runner-up. Clarkson later told the Ft. Worth Star Telegram: “Look at me. I’m from Texas and I’m white. So what does everybody think I’m gonna sing? Country. I love country to death, but I’m too bluesy…Soulful and bluesy, that’s what I’m all about”. She also cited Jimi Hendrix, Billie Holiday, Aretha Franklin and Reba McEntire as her influences.
ONLYIDOL

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 01:58:01 AM »

In seasons 2 and 3, the 32 semifinalists were split into 4 groups of 8, who would compete for 2 slots in the finals. After 8 were chosen, a wild-card round featuring singers who were previously eliminated but whom the judges felt deserved a second chance gave the audience the chance to select one additional contestant through viewer voting, while each judge selected an additional singer to advance to the finals, filling the field of 12. It is worth noting that the season 2 runner up, Clay Aiken, was the viewers’ wild card choice (reportedly Aiken garnered over 8 million of the 11 million votes cast that night), having originally fallen short to eventual winner Ruben Studdard and third-place finisher Kimberley Locke in the second round of 8.

ONLYIDOL

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 02:03:00 AM »

Hey M.B.  Have a terrific Tuesday!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 02:05:43 AM »

`Idol' wannabes get help from voice coaches
By Philip Chaffee
Columbia News Service
Published February 20, 2006

NEW YORK -- The first time Heather Elmer of Salt Lake City tried out for "American Idol," about three years ago, she didn't make it past the initial audition. So this season she went all out. Elmer hired a local voice teacher who had had success in getting students selected for the show.

"Thirty percent of how well you do is your voice," the coach told her, "the rest is the presentation."(snip)

Influential force

"American Idol" has had a huge impact on network television (it's the No. 1 show in the country) and the record business (superstars such as Clay Aiken and Grammy winner Kelly Clarkson have come from the show), and it also has had an impact on voice coaches.
CHICAGOTRIBUNE

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 02:08:53 AM »

(superstars such as Clay Aiken
  I love that they keep his name in the spotlight!   Purple Banana

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 02:10:56 AM »

We come to the largest category of our semi-finalists, the pop singers. This is a category not always well served in the competition at least on the guy side of things. RJ was the best of season 1 as Justin was thought of as more R&B. Clay was more Manilow or Groban than mainstream pop singer. He was more of a niche pop singer which is not a bad thing given all his success. Season 3 really lacked anyone as JPL was more eccentric performer than singer. There was Matt Rogers... never mind... whatever. Anthony Federov fell into the same category as Clay for me which, as mentioned above, is not a bad place to be. For season 5, Patrick Hall, Ace Young, and Elliott Yamin fill the male pop role. And all of them will do it justice I believe. From what we've seen, these 3 guys should finally bring mainstream male pop into the contest in a big way. I could see them all in the finals, but I think Ace is the only lock as of right now. Hopefully, that will change to include Patrick and Elliott.
BEAVERSONIDOL

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 02:16:58 AM »

Good Morning Buddy!!  wave Good Morning news gang! wave

Have a Terrific Tuesday everyone!!

Here ya go:
Cookie

Clay "is" the "News"
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 02:40:21 AM »

HEY DEANNA  wave & JAYNE  wave AND ANYONE ELSE READING THE ANN  wave

DEANNA, AS ALWAYS, THANKS FOR THE NEWS.

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 03:26:30 AM »

Good Morning and thanks for bringing the news!

I have been gone on vacation but did not know if anyone posted that People Magazine, inside the front cover of this past week had a "text Vote" for your favorite Idol-

Choices were Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken(with photo) and Fantasia.

I have not done it yet but results are posted in the following weeks magazine...

I have not checked, but maybe the online People site will offer further details. I will check back later if anyone needs further information to vote.

Please- if anyone else has People and can post the info, it would be appreciated! I won't be back on till much later!

Have a good day!

Edited to add- Pamela had it posted this morning too at this link...with details! Vote if you can!

http://www.claymaniacs.com/forums/index.php?topic=12385.0;topicseen

Lora
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 04:09:18 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA & FRIENDS. 

WELL IT IS BLUE TUESDAY BUT AT LEAST IT WILL BE A SHORT WEEK.  THANKS FOR THE NEWS AS ALWAYS AND I AM LIKING OUR NEW HOME.

HOW ABOUT A NICE CUP OF STEAMING COFFEE FOR EVERYONE.  I THINK WE ALL CAN USE IT.

wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 04:48:26 AM »

wave Good morning Deanna and the rest! Thanks for the news!

Man, I'd really like to see an o-fficial news release about the CD. I guess QUITE soon isn't here yet! Wink

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 05:20:40 AM »

Good Morning everyone!!   wave
I  just love it that Clay is mentioned as a "superstar" - its all good news!!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 06:17:20 AM »

Good morning and thanks, Deanna. wave

Waiting patiently for more CD news.

Hope everyone has a great tuesday.

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2006, 07:52:05 AM »

Thanks for the news Deanna!!!!

Definitely helps start my day especially when they are calling him a super star, something we have known all along!!!

Have a great day!

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2006, 08:59:46 AM »

Happy Tuesday Everybody !

Thanks for the news!   Clapping     This is the thread that is on my "must see" list every single day  . . . . even if sometimes it is late in the day!

Superstar, Clay Aiken!   Has a very nice ring to it!    

Deanna -  What time do you go to bed at night??  You are one "early bird".   Smile

Lorraine - Thanks for the cup of coffee! It will keep us alert while we wait for more details on the upcoming CD !  Wink

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx