gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:00:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 134
Total: 134

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK FEB 9  (Read 2368 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: February 09, 2006, 01:54:27 AM »

wave Have a Tremendous Thursday everyone!! wave

Not only did video not kill the radio star, but TV is creating them
BY BRAD KAVASan Jose Mercury News
(snip)
Concert promoter Sherry Wasserman, of Berkeley's Another Planet Entertainment, says she has learned to factor the television angle heavily into booking live shows.
Her company successfully presented Clarkson at the Berkeley Greek Theater and HP Pavilion at San Jose, as well as Clay Aiken at the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts, and the cast of "American Idol" at HP Pavilion.
MIAMI.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 01:56:48 AM »

Michael Sandecki was trying to make the most of the fact that he thought he looked like... Clay Aiken (yes, I said his name. But! Everything I have to say in this case is positive so I'm slightly less fearful of the rabid Claymates in this case). Personally I saw only a passing resemblence (glasses, similar shirt, somewhat similar hairstyle). I'm not overly fond of Clay, but I must say that Clay seems like a very nice guy, while this guy was... well... a self-centered ass. Simon said that at least Clay could sing. Paula said no, but Michael said he was really nervous and had to pee. Simon told him to go to the bathroom and return. After returning, he still couldn't sing and was given a firm no.

CULIO.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 01:58:24 AM »

The Boston auditions end with a contestant that looks very similar to Clay Aiken.  However, Michael Sandecki only looks like Clay Aiken.  When Michael sings “In The Still Of The Night,” it becomes obvious that he doesn’t have Clay Aiken’s voice.  Simon Cowell says “Let’s just deal with the Clay Aiken thing which is quite obvious who you’ve modeled yourself on, at least he could sing.” Michael offers the excuse “I’m nervous as hell and I’ve gotta pee.”  The judges let Michael go take a restroom break, but when he returns, Simon says he is worse. 

REALITYTVMAGAZINE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 02:00:00 AM »

If we're to believe what we saw there was only one guy in all of the Boston auditions that could sing and his name is Kevin Covais. If there's a Clay Aiken in this years competition, this is the guy. He's only sixteen, quirky, kind of resembles Aiken in a way that I've yet to put my finger on but when he opened his mouth, I was impressed. "You Raise Me Up" served Covais well and he might be an underdog to watch.

BLOGCRITICS

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 02:01:31 AM »

Hey M.B....did you watch AI last night?  More Clay mentions AGAIN!!!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 02:03:10 AM »

Michael Sandecki could have used Simon out in the main hall of the audition site. It probably would have saved a lot of other contestants some headaches.

"If I have to stand next to this guy the whole time, I'm going to go insane," one fed-up contestant said as Sandecki gestured madly and talked nine miles a minute, but that didn't get him to calm down. Sandecki compared himself to Clay Aiken, but that would have been true only if Aiken was on speed and had lost most of his singing ability. (snip)

Kevin Covais was the rare male to pass muster, despite both his youth and the fact that he became the nine millionth contestant to sing Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up." He also got the closest thing to a compliment from Simon all night. Cowell said "You're a jolly nice young man, aren't you," but then called the teenager more suited to the 80-year-old audience demographic than the "Idol one."

Paula disagreed. "You don't look like the next American Idol would look like — but neither did Clay Aiken," she said, as she made him one of the last of the 175 auditioners in seven cities to make it to the Hollywood round.

MSNBC

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 02:06:50 AM »

Good Morning Buddy!!  I am still trying to understand just what Simon did say about Clay. Don't Know

Mike Sandecki -- Being a Bostonian, I feel it's important to note that this Clay Aiken wannabe is from Washington, D.C. Boston lays absolutely no claim to him or his weak bladder.

TVFODDER

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 02:20:55 AM »

Non-Clay:

LOS ANGELES - Kelly Clarkson beat out singers including Mariah Carey, Sheryl Crow and Paul McCartney to become the first contestant from “American Idol” to win a Grammy Wednesday, but she failed to thank the wildly popular TV talent show that made her famous.

Clarkson thanked Jesus, God, the radio, her fans and her mother when she picked up Grammys for best pop vocal album and for best female pop vocal performance, but in two speeches she omitted any mention of “American Idol,” which aired on Fox against the CBS broadcast of the 48th annual Grammy Awards for part of the night.

An overwhelmed Clarkson, who could not hold back tears during her first acceptance speech, could not believe her good fortune in winning the second.
Read the rest:
MSNBC

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 02:23:32 AM »

Dorky Guy, Good Voice – See Clay Aiken, John Stevens, William Makar, Garet Johnson, Countless Clayabees.  Kevin Corvais is this guy in Boston.  He is a little sweetie in what appears to be a pajama top.  Cheeks mega-red with the flush of nerves and excitement.  Just adorable and then he sings “You Raised Me Up” and it’s surprisingly deep and great.  Simon says he’s a “jolly nice young man,” that the over-80 set would enjoy.  Paula says, hey, I’m o­nly 78 and I liked him!  He’s going to Hollywood!

ORWELLPROJECT

Clay "is" the "News"
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 02:34:52 AM »

HELLO EVERYONE  wave,

DEANNA, THANKS FOR THE NEWS.

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE.

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 02:45:52 AM »

Wow, what a faux pas for Kelly!  But so happy for her wins!

Hi Angela!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006, 04:22:28 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS.

THANKS FOR THE NEWS AND STARTING MY DAY.  HAVE A GOOD ONE.

HUGS
RAINEY
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2006, 06:15:30 AM »

Hey guys,

Thanks for the news.  Have a great day!!

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx