gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:16:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 382
Total: 382

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Poll
Question: Rate the following:  In your opinion, who has been the kindest to Clay?
Jay Leno
David Letterman
Conan O'Brien
Jimmy Kimmel
Other

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poll: Talk Show Hosts and Clay - Who's bad and who's good?  (Read 4516 times)
clayistheway
Claymaniac

« on: February 01, 2006, 11:10:44 AM »

Last night I was flipping through the channels and I stopped to watch Jay Leno's monologue.  I usually don't watch any of those shows -- I'm usually sleeping by 10:30 or running around doing last minute things.  Anyway......I immediately heard Jay say......"and in the National Enquirer.....(I just cringed...I thought for sure he was going to bring up Clay) but thank God he didn't.  That got me thinking.   Which talk show hosts do you believe have been the best to Clay and what hosts do you think have been the worst?  Like I said, I don't watch enough late night shows to know.  Maybe someone can include a list of them -- best to worst (as far as Clay comments).  I never heard any stories/comments from anyone that Letterman says anything about Clay -- Just curious.   Please vote on the top and maybe state your comments.

\"When was the last time you looked at a young person with a disability as someone who could help you as opposed to someone who needed help?\" -- Clay Aiken
The amazingly talented, sexy young man who is Clay Aiken!!!!!
mrsaiken3504
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 03:55:51 PM »

hmmm, this is hard. Leno has mentioned him before, but I always love when CLay is on there. I think Kimmel and Clay are somewhat friends, and Kimmel probably has made fun of him the most, but I think its only half-hearted. I dont watch Letterman s o I wouldnt know. Conan has made fun of him, I just dont really like him.  I chose him because I think his comments havent been on the "funny" side
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 06:39:43 PM »

I love Clay on talk shows.  He is a great guest.  I hope you don't mind my posting a poem I wrote a while back about Clay and guesting on TV shows.

LOOK WHO'S TALKING! 

Clay's made the round of all talk shows.
He's quite the vet'ran, now, you know!
He's popular with every host!
(Clay, you're the guest we want the most!)

The early shows that air at dawn
Have hostesses that like to fawn
All over Clay; some even swoon!
(We love to see you before noon!)

Clay's charmed the ladies on "The View."
They've had him sing and asked, "What's new?"
A "Hot Dog" sneaked a hug and sniff!
(We want a hug, also, a whiff!)

Clay's joked with Leno more than once.
Jay knows a great guest, he's no dunce!
They talked and laughed, and then Clay sang!
(Forget Will Hung, dear Clay, "You bang!")

Now Jimmy Kimmel's "seen the light"
That Clay's a star and shining "bright!"
He really makes an awesome guest!
(We've always known, Clay, you're the best!)

Dave Letterman, "Do you now know
To give Clay more time on your show??"

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
songbird457
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 08:47:55 PM »

I voted for Jay Leno. They all talk about Clay and some of it is light-hearted but some is down right mean. I assume that Clay enjoys Jay's show since he has been a guest many times.

However, I don't care what show he is on because I just want to see him!

Clay, we can't wait for your new cd where it will hopefully put you on many upcoming shows to promote it!! Purple Banana
clayistheway
Claymaniac

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 08:26:15 AM »

Prissy,  I just love your poem -- I sorry to say that I hadn't seen it before.

I still find it so hard to believe that Conan will be taking over the Tonight Show -- nothing (even if he had never bashed Clay) about him appeals to me.   They should have offered the job to Jimmy Kimmel.  I find him much more entertaining.  Like I said before, I very seldom get the chance to watch late night television but from what I have seen of Jimmy, he's much more appealing.

\"When was the last time you looked at a young person with a disability as someone who could help you as opposed to someone who needed help?\" -- Clay Aiken
The amazingly talented, sexy young man who is Clay Aiken!!!!!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 10:14:27 AM »

I agree - I have watched the Tonight show all of my life, but I will stop when Conan takes over. Jay Leno has mentioned Clay in his monologe 3 or 4 times in the last few months - and they have not been good mentions - always some nasty joke bout Clay being gay. As Clay said, California is not the place for him to be - someone who is supposedly his friend will use him for a cheap joke, and will never think twice about it. I think that is why Leno said "that was a suprise" when Clay showed up to sign the motorcycle for hurricane relief. Leno couldn't imagine anyone being such a good person as to think of others even though he had been insulted on the show! 

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Beth
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 02:50:23 PM »

I voted for Jimmy Kimmel, and I see that the majority of people agree with me.  Smile

Oh, can't you see it baby; You've got me goin' Crazy
Wherever you go; Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you

*Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game!
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 05:59:16 PM »

I don't usually watch late night talk shows unless I know Clay is going to be on because it's too late for me.  I voted for Jimmy Kimmel because the last few times I have seen Clay on his show, Jimmy seems to be half way decent to him and does not make jokes at Clay's expense as  much anymore.  I don't like Letterman and I will not watch Conan (unless it has been announced that Clay willl be on).

I would rather see Clay be interviewed by Diane Sawyer, Larry King or someone that is a more reputable journalist.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx