gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:23:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 434
Total: 434

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JAN 20  (Read 3139 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: January 20, 2006, 02:02:00 AM »

wave Have a Fabulous Friday everyone!! wave TGIF!!!
American Idol Archetypes

THE VIRGINAL GIRL NEXT DOOR
Every season needs an all-American sweetheart who'll charm fans with her wholesome demeanor, polite manners and slightly frumpy (but somehow endearing) style. Her song selection will include a lot of Shania Twain and Bette Midler numbers, and any criticism from the judges to be met with a meek “thank you” and a stifled sob. Bonus points if she has a southern twang.

Why she's Idolized: You've wanted to borrow a cup of sugar from an unbelievably sweet pop tart ever since Debbie Gibson electric youth-ed her way into your heart.

Prototypes: Clay Aiken (Season 2), Diana DeGarmo (Season 3), Carrie Underwood (Season 4)
DOSE.CA

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 02:04:23 AM »

"These are the best competitors we have ever seen," Jackson said. "Because people have seen the success of past winners, more talented singers went to the auditions."

Of the past winners, the first, Kelly Clarkson, has had the most success. Underwood's career also seems to be on a fast track.

But winners Ruben Studdard and Fantasia Barrino have stumbled in their musical choices. Also, the career of once-popular runner-up Clay Aiken has cooled.

Jackson and Cowell said that ultimately it comes down to the music, and some "Idol" winners haven't made the best choices.

STAREXPONENT.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 02:06:21 AM »

SCAN OF SOAP OPERA WEEKLY

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 02:07:48 AM »

According to preliminary Nielsen figures, the two-hour audition show averaged 35.5 million viewers, 6% more than last year's debut and second only to Idol's second-season Clay Aiken-Ruben Studdard finale, which drew 38.1 million.

USATODAY

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 02:10:06 AM »

In addition to surpassing the first four "Idol" premieres in total audience, the start of the fifth edition was the show's most highly rated season opener among viewers aged 18 to 49, the demographic most prized by advertisers.

The final episode of Season 2, in which Ruben Studdard was crowned the winner over Clay Aiken, holds the record as the most watched "American Idol" broadcast -- at 38.1 million viewers overall.

The show generally has gained momentum as each competition progresses and was the top-rated U.S. television series last year.

Aside from becoming Fox's most important property, it also has become an incubator for fresh talent in the recording industry.

All eight winners and runners-up from the first four editions of the show have been signed to either J Records, RCA Records or Arista Records under Sony BMG's RCA Music Group.
REUTERS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 02:12:01 AM »

In Atlanta, as many as 46 percent of all TV sets in use were locked in on the drama. The same could be said of Greensboro, North Carolina.

Historically, North Carolina has had a rooting interest in Idol. In the show's first four seasons, it produced standouts such as Fantasia, the season three winner, and Clay Aiken, season two's runner-up.

EONLINE

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 02:35:45 AM »

Hi M.B...you're up early for a Friday!   Huggles  have a great day!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 02:44:22 AM »

Gotta go into work for a few hours this morning!! Cry! Cry!  Don't they know I have done my 40 hours already??!  ROFLMAO

Have a great day!!

Here ya go:

Cookie Cookie

Clay "is" the "News"
paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2006, 02:58:45 AM »

From the CB
I was in the car this morning and KIIS FM On Air with Ryan Seacrest was on. Ryan had Paula call in and they talked about this and that regarding last night’s premiere of AI. During the conversation Ryan brought up one of what he called the most unprofessional moments in Simon Cowell's career to date. (Now I don't pretend to know Ryan but I did speak with him quite a bit during our OARS stint. I know he teases about his rivalry with Simon etc. but he sounded genuinely upset while sharing this...)

Ryan talked to Paula about this and that and then he proceeded to talk to Paula about the day that she and Simon got into it during the auditioning this summer for AI5. Apparently Simon got up, walked out, and he drove straight to the airport. It was in the middle of a production day and he just hopped on a plane and flew "home". (Which home is anyone's guess). Ryan was indignant about how this left the crew and contestants in a pickle. He said all of these people were there for work and they had all flown into whatever city this took place in, took time away from their families, etc. only to have Simon walk out. It got interesting when the reason for Simon's tirade came to light.

Ryan asked Paula what that was about....Paula said it was classic Simon; he was being a colossal jerk to a contestant. Apparently a girl was auditioning...at the end of her audition Simon said, "I suppose it was ok as long as I keep my eyes closed!" I guess the girl was mortified and Paula trying to comfort her said, "Don't listen to him honey that isn't anything he didn't say to Clay Aiken and LOOK AT HIM NOW! Look how good he is doing, don't listen to him!" As Paula tells it Simon got irate and basically denied ever saying that to Clay. Paula was like "Simon....YOU DID SAY IT!" I guess Simon got really mad and said, "Paula, YOU WEREN'T EVEN THERE THE DAY CLAY AUDITIONED!" (Me talking here, but like that even matters...she would have seen it on TV ) Anyway, Paula said, "You are right Simon I wasn't there that day in Atlanta when Clay auditioned because I was sick, BUT you said it to him at least 3 or 4 other times." And Simon got so angry and denied it apparently, according to the way they are telling it, and he got up and left the CITY!!!

Could it be that Mr. Cowell doesn't want anyone to remember how mean he was to Clay now that Clay has done so well and the man he so clearly backed is placed so far over on the "winners" backdrops for the AI auditioning you can't even make out his elbow???

Well, anyway Ryan was mad and said he couldn't believe that Simon could deny ever saying that when Paula called him out on it....Ryan was like, he so treated Clay that way! etc. It was an interesting interview hearing how they were fighting over what Simon said to Clay etc. Apparently it will be airing in an upcoming episode of AI in the next weeks.
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2006, 04:21:39 AM »

THANKS DEANNA FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK GIVING US SUCH GREAT NEWS.

HAVE A GOOD TGIF.  MINE STARTS TODAY.  NO WORK.

BE BACK LATER.

HUGS
RAINEY
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2006, 04:33:03 AM »

DEANNA, THANKS FOR BRINGING US THE NEWS ONCE AGAIN (YOU ARE SO GOOD TO US)

PAYCLAYFAN, INTERESTING SNIPPET--THANKS.

ENJOY YOUR DAY EVERYONE.

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2006, 05:02:38 AM »

Fox Bows To Golden ‘Idol'

By LISA DE MORAES
& THE WASHINGTON POST
Published on 1/20/2006

The season debut of “American Idol” smashed Fox ratings records again Tuesday night, delivering the network's largest entertainment programming audience in its history.

About 35.5 million people caught the start of “Idol's” march to May. Randy, Simon and Paula auditioned would-be contestants in Chicago, where “Lady Marmalade” appears to be the song of choice among the Seriously Delusional, and Seriously Twitchy Guy somehow got through to the next level of competition thanks to Paula and Randy.

The season unveiling outstrips the singing competition's previous audience high of 34.2 million for the second-edition finale in May ‘03. That's when Ruben Studdard edged Clay Aiken for the “Idol” crown, about which we're still pretty sore.

Once again, “Idol” logged more viewers than ABC, CBS and NBC combined.

“It's great to be wrong. I am drop-dead surprised,” Fox reality programming guru Mike Darnell said Wednesday, having told us the day before that he thought “Idol” debut numbers would be down this year. (In fact, Tuesday's debut snagged 2 million more viewers than last year.)

Wednesday, Darnell had recovered his sense of optimism and then some, calling “Idol” the Super Bowl of entertainment programming.

“It's become that much a part of the fiber of the American culture. There's television hits and then there's this thing,” he said.

Tuesday's “Idol” debut went up 9 percent among the 18-to-49-year-olds the network promised to deliver to advertisers.

Next stop for the auditions: Denver

The Day

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 11:17:58 AM »

Also, the career of once-popular runner-up Clay Aiken has cooled.

Laughing

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2006, 12:25:13 PM »

Also, the career of once-popular runner-up Clay Aiken has cooled.

Laughing

YES IT HAS- THATS WHY SO MANY OF HIS 2005 CONCERTS SOLD OUT, AND WHY THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE SCAN THE INTERNET DAILY FOR A MERE SNIPPET OF INFO ON THIS HOT HOT MAN- I THINK THIS AUTHOR'S BRAIN HAS COOLED.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2006, 12:54:12 PM »

Simon continually brings up the example of Clay in red leather jacket and shoes singing "Grease," as one of the very worst performances -- but there are plenty of fans who loved the performance, the hip shake, even the leather -- and, if the producer who alledgedly claimed that Clay got the most votes each week, until Kimberley was voted off, was rightly quoted -- then Clay also got the most votes that night. 
I never understood what the big deal was with the jacket. And I thought it was great that he played into Paula's advice to "move" a little more by adding the hip-shake. Oh, yeah--I thought he sang well in that performance, too.

And wasn't that the main idea of the competition?

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2006, 02:34:06 PM »

Last week at Gwenn's house we watched part of the AI2 season DVD...

Having put some distance in it, I saw it in a very different perspective.. It was much more obvious to see the agenda the judges had and the subliminal and NOT SO SUBTLE manipulations that were used bend opinions for Reuben..

His performances now look flat, boring and monotonous to me..

I believe, AS I DID THEN..that GREASE was a fun,snarky attempt by Clay to show a lighter side..To "BRING IT!!"

AND... How can anyone  find fault  with that voice??   He reminded me so of Frankie Valle...and the whole GREASE

THING...

It  was what it was.. What is left is a very transparent and shabby attempt to cover up the talent  that doesn't quit!!

How embarrassing for AI...

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx