gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:01:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 132
Total: 132

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 [101] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CRITICAL MASS 8 :: OUR MAIN DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 210565 times)
cjrmax
« Reply #2000 on: March 09, 2006, 06:54:46 AM »

GOOD MORNING  ALL.

I MISSED THE COMMERCIAL WHICH, I GUESS IS A GOOD THING.  I WAS TALKING TO ERICA WHO NOTICED THE T-SHIRT BUT NOTHING ELSE.  THEN CHRISTIE CALLED AND MENTIONED IT BUT SHE DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING OTHER THAN SHE SAW THE SHIRT.  SO ANNOYING AND NOT NECESSARY.  TRYING TO GARNER VIEWERS.  THIS IS ONE WHO WON'T BE WATCHING.  ANNOYHING.

ANYWAY, I AM TRYING TO BE MOTIVATED THIS MORNING EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT..

GWENN
I think you all are making far too much of this commercial for the show.  I watched it a second time.  Considering we DO NOT know anything about this show and no one has seen the entire show, we can only make guesses as to the characters and the premise of the show.  From what I could gather, the guy wearing the Clay t-shirt is NOT gay.  His boss (or whoever the old guy was) apparently has a gay son and the boss sees the t-shirt and says his son is a Claymate.  Later it appears that the rumor through the grapevine is that the boss is trying to fix up the guy with the t-shirt with his gay son.  I assume the boss thinks the guy must be gay because his gay son likes Clay so any guy who likes Clay must also be gay.  Now, we don't know how the guy ended up with a Clay Aiken t-shirt.  What if he had a night of wild sex with a girl who had been wearing it and in his rush to get to work on time grabbed it by mistake?  What if the boss is an idiot who really has no clue who Clay is and has made an assumption based on his son?  None of that is a Clay dig.  We all KNOW Clay has gay men as fans.  That doesn't mean Clay is gay.  George Clooney has gay fans, and he's not gay!  Having gay fans doesn't make you gay!  I just think we would have to see the entire show to have any clue whether it was a Clay diss or just a Clay mention.  For me, I think its great.  And advertisement that mentions Clay during a show that gets 30 million+ viewers, viewers that might need to be reminded that Clay is still out there and still has fans, is a good thing.

As far as it having anything to do with the crap - this episode was filmed AGES ago - maybe as long as a year or more ago.  Midseason replacement pilots have usually been filmed during the last pilot season, which is generally around March.  It was written and filmed long before any of this crap.  It has nothing to do with it. 

The show looks stupid, but I will watch the first episode to see what its all about.  I don't see where it is such a bad thing.
dudley5
Enthusiastic

CLAYS RAY OF SUNSHINE And OFFICIAL BODYGUARD

« Reply #2001 on: March 09, 2006, 07:21:41 AM »

'KRISTY'
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #2002 on: March 09, 2006, 08:08:16 AM »

Christie, it makes sense what you said, guess whomever watches the show can let us nonwatchers know what it's all about....

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #2003 on: March 09, 2006, 08:37:44 AM »

PEOPLE HAVE MADE UP THEIR MINDS LONG AGO ABOUT CLAY.  THE ONLY ONES WHO CARE AT THIS POINT ARE US.  THE CRAP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.  CLAY AND HIS SEXUALITY WILL BE PART OF ENTERTAINMENT CULTURE FOREVER.  WE CANNOT REACT TO EVERY SINGLE SLUR OR INUENDO.  WE MAY GET UPSET BUT IT MUST STAY WITHIN US.  I HOPE THE CLAYNATION DIDN'T GO NUTS WITH EMAILS.  OY.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #2004 on: March 09, 2006, 08:46:35 AM »

cjrmax wrote:
Having gay fans doesn't make you gay!
You mean... it's not contagious?? shocking 

The show looks stupid, but I will watch the first episode to see what its all about.

We appreciate you throwing yourself on this grenade for us, Christie. Let us know if the show truly is a bomb. Wink

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2005 on: March 09, 2006, 08:48:49 AM »

Gwenn wrote:
I HOPE THE CLAYNATION DIDN'T GO NUTS WITH EMAILS.  OY.
Lord. Roll eyes

Clay needs protection from his fans more than from anyone else!

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #2006 on: March 09, 2006, 08:57:36 AM »

Clay needs protection from his fans more than from anyone else!
  Where have I heard this before???  Laughing

Okay Sunny, Ace blew me  Laughing  I mean blew me away last night...I really liked the falsetto.  My local yokel played this morning-it was even better!  He and his brother are well   Thud! dilicious!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #2007 on: March 09, 2006, 09:08:58 AM »

Jayne - Really? Ace? I wasn't feeling it, dawg.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2008 on: March 09, 2006, 09:12:19 AM »

Okay Sunny, Ace blew me  Laughing

Sweet dreams, I take it?

I mean blew me away last night...I really liked the falsetto.

Did you? I didn't. I remember Randy complimenting him on it last week. But I thought this week's performance wasn't as strong as that one, and that the falsetto went on for too long and wasn't as steady.

But then, hey. He didn't... blow me. Wink

claydevotee
« Reply #2009 on: March 09, 2006, 09:23:49 AM »

CLAY AND HIS SEXUALITY WILL BE PART OF ENTERTAINMENT CULTURE FOREVER.  WE CANNOT REACT TO EVERY SINGLE SLUR OR INUENDO.  WE MAY GET UPSET BUT IT MUST STAY WITHIN US.  I HOPE THE CLAYNATION DIDN'T GO NUTS WITH EMAILS.  OY.

Clapping Clapping  Thank you, GWENN!  I was going to respond in a similar manner earlier;  but since I seem to be experiencing the symptoms of "foot in mouth" syndrome lately, I am refraining from responding online  Paranoid!

Hugs-
Thea
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2010 on: March 09, 2006, 09:31:16 AM »

wave Hey y'all!

Thea, don't worry - I have suffered from "foot in mouth" disease my entire life, whether ON line or OFF!

And with a big OY, let's move to a new thread.  This one is getting old and wrinkled, kind of like me lately.

OY!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 [101] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx