gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:07:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 349
Total: 349

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best of 2005  (Read 5458 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2006, 08:12:17 PM »

Song: Another toughy!  I have several.  BFM, GBOF, JB, BSOB to name a few!

It occurs to me that a really casual fan could read this and wonder what kind of secret code is spoken in Clay Nation.

Just sayin!!

It really is difficult to decide on some favorites...and just think, a year ago, we thought Clay wasn't doing a thing this year. 

Remember that interview...was it in a Hawaiian newspaper?... where he said there were no tours planned for this year?

That brat.

Best happy surprises of the year, in no particular order:

Valentine's Day Kimmel
Love Me Tender
NEW SONGS!
UNICEF congressional testimony
Bluegrass tribute
NEW SONG on GMA
Kenny! Dr Phil! Oprah!

Favorite concert was the Raleigh JNT.  I was with my Mom, Clay was celebrated home in big style in front of 9000 fans.  Pure joy. For me anyway! 

Remember when he showed up on Jimmy Kimmel Live at the last minute.... on Valentine's Day?  Now that was a nice surprise.

I think "Run to Jesus!" was my favorite one liner too.... mainly because he cracked himself up!

Remember winning In Style magazine's "Sexiest Crooner" for the second year?  And with minimal TV performances and hardly any radio this year?  So cool.

How about that Kenneth Cole suit being auctioned for mega-mega bucks?  Awesome!

My tear jerker moment, after much thought, is the photograph of Clay watching over the sleeping children in Uganda. Ripped my heart out.  It woke me up.

TV interview - definitely the Vancouver Standard, linked above.

Newspaper article - definitely the Raleigh News & Observer Matt Ehler article, linked by Angela above.

TV appearance...Kenny on Scrubs!

There is more, so much more.  I'll be back...for more.

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2006, 08:22:45 PM »

PAMELA--I NEVER SAW THAT PIC OF CLAY WATCHING OVER THE CHILDREN. THANK YOU FOR THAT.  IT SAYS SO MUCH ABOUT WHO HE IS AND WHAT HE STANDS FOR.  I WISH I HAD SEEN IT BEFORE.

GWENM

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2006, 04:18:33 AM »

Pamela, I'm with Gwenn, I've never seen that pic before....it does emulate who Clay is

There is more, so much more.  I'll be back...for more.
BFM, you're so clever.....I'm ready for BFM!!!!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2006, 09:08:48 AM »

Pamela, I'm with the others, never saw the picture, but you can see the love and the  pain in his face. Why we love the man. Beautiful.

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2006, 11:16:53 AM »

Thanks for bringing that picture over.  I have seen it several times......even had it as my background for awhile.  I had forgotten about it. 

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
cjrmax
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2006, 12:09:10 PM »

Let's see.  This could be tough........

TV appearance? - Kimmel.  LOVE him on Kimmel!  And also the Vancouver TV interview.  LOVED him in the hoodie with the soft hair.....
TV performance? - I would say the recent ES and GMA Christmas appearances.  Not only was his voice and interpretation of the songs sublime, HE HAD STUBBLE and had just been out all night on the town partying!   Purple Banana
Print interview? - I have to say I can't remember them all but that recent one from Florida was pretty good.
Fan Photo? - Hmmm.  Tough one because there are so many.  But I would have to say this amazing one by Tasapio:

especially when its cropped to like my old avatar Thud!

And then there is this fabulous one, which I entitle "Superman Clay", by HotforClay

Tour book photo? - That is tough because this year's tour books have not been that great, but this one, which is also on my t-shirt is cute:

Concert performance? - Any of the non-screamer versions of ICMYLM from the JBT, 99% of t he 50's set from the JBT and the very first performance of BFM at the Tom's River JBT.
Tear jerker moment? - none really, but I am a tough cookie in that department.
Concert or interview one liner? - I have to go with the "Run to Jesus" line from the first AC JBT concert!  Laughing
Humanitarian photo or event? - Hands down, this picture.  The sadness, the disbelief, all reflected in his pose, his face - and in the picture itself.

Outfit? - A tie: "50's" Clay - black leather jacket and all and the Black Suit from JNT05.
Song? - I think I covered "song" under "concert performance" - especially since its not like we have a new CD or anything to consider......   ETA:  Although, in listening to JBT clack again, I have to say I have really come to love Just You.....
Hair? - JBT hair.  JBT hair.  JBT hair.  (although the softer more natural hair of the Vancouver TV interview and the last 2 nights of the JNT05 in Clearwater come pretty close).

ETA:  Great minds think alike on the Uganda picture, Pamela.  It is one of my all time favorite photographs and it has nothing to do with Clay being in it.  It is just an amazing and powerful photograph.  A true work of art in capturing the desperate situation in that country.  Personally I think it is a Pulitzer worthy picture.  I remember the first time I saw it - I didn't even see Clay in it.  I just saw it and it shocked me and saddened me. 

You know its a powerful picture when Clay is in it and I don't even notice him!
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2006, 02:32:27 PM »

I like the N & O interview, also, but here's another good one:

CHRISTIANITYTODAY

Here's one of the TV shows where I liked the suit and hair:

Dear Santa on Fox

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2006, 04:11:48 PM »

I'm a little late but what else is new.   Even after a slow beginning 2005 ended up being pretty spectacular.

Here are my choices for Best of 2005:

TV APPEARANCE - Interview from Vancouver

TV PERFORMANCE - GMA in July and DEAR SANTA on FOX

PRINT INTERVIEW - Matt Ehlers article in The N & O in December

FAN PHOTO -  We have so many wonderful photographers at Claymaniacs there is no way to choose just one

TOUR PHOTO BOOK - JNT05

CONCERT PERFORMANCE -  All of  JBT

TEAR JERKER MOMENT - BSOB for Papa in Raleigh

ONE LINER - This skinny white boy is funk free. 
                  My granddaughter still talks about the line from Cary - "What are you looking at from the second row with binoculars"
                  Runner up for me is the whole conversation with Terry in NH (he had so much fun with that)

HUMANITARIAN PHOTO - I was going to say holding the baby in Uganda until I saw Pamela's photo--I had never seen that picture

OUTFIT - Both outfits from JNT05 and the Emmy Tux  (WHAT CAN I SAY -- THE MAN CAN WEAR A GOOD FITTING SUIT SOOOO WELL)

SONG - EVERYTHING

HAIR - JBT

As you can tell, there aren't too many things about OMC that I don't like.

I just hope 2006 will be as good to us with tours, pictures and all sorts of clack.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx