gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:24:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 356
Total: 356

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best of 2005  (Read 5461 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: January 01, 2006, 07:13:32 AM »

Another one bites the dust!   Smile

It's the time of year that it must be done - a look back over the past year and all the things that made it special for us.  Here's a handy list that might help spur your memory (especially if you stayed up late last night!) or you can just pick and choose the things that made 2005 special for you.

Feel free to include a picture, a link to a download, article or interview, a post, a thread or whatever. OK, here we go!

What was your favorite .....

TV appearance?
TV performance?
Print interview?
Fan Photo?
Tour book photo?
Concert performance?
Tear jerker moment?
Concert or interview one liner?
Humanitarian photo or event?
Outfit?
Song?
Hair? Laughing

.... of 2005?

Just some ideas. As a reminder, check the ANN thread, or the career highlights thread in the Information forum.
While you're at it, if there is something you feel should be listed in career highlights for 2005 that is not, please tell us!!

Hopefully we can add to this thread all week long.  The main thing is to have FUN!

Happy New Year everybody!! 
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 08:24:49 AM »

Here is another source that may help you remember all that Clay has done in 2005:

TIMELINE 2005

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 09:19:23 AM »

HERE WE GO.  FROM WHAT I CAN REMEMBER---AND THANKS DEANNA FOR HELP:

TV APPEARANCE--THE STANDARD INTERVIEW FROM VANCOUVER.

TV PERFORMANCE--SCRUBS/GMA 7-29

PRINT INTERVIEW--I NEED HELP ON WHAT IT WAS CALLED.  I THINK IT WAS FROM THE N AND O.  THE LONG ONE THAT WE ALL LOVED SO MUCH LAST MONTH WHERE THE REPORTER TRAVELED WITH CLAY.  WONDERFUL.

FAN PHOTO--THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE.  THERE ARE TOO MANY AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHERS IN THE CLAYNATION.  ANYTHING FROM TOSAPIO.  ANGELA'S ARE GREAT.  AND WT BY CHRISTIE.  I LOVE THEM.

TOUR BOOK PHOTO--DON'T LIKE ANY OF THEM.  MAYBE THE VACATI0N ONES FROM THE SUMMER.  I DON'T THINK THE PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS CAPTURE CLAY AS WE SEE HIM.

CONCERT PERFORMANCE--THE WHOLE AC LAST SHOW.  FOR ME.

TEAR JERKER MOMENT--HANDS DOWN-BSOB FOR POPPA.

ONE LINER--CHRISTIANS WEAR UNDERWEAR

HUMANITARIAN MOMENT--HOLDING THAT LITTLE BOY IN UGANDA.

HAIR--WT.  NO CONTEST.

I AM ADDING OUTFIT--BLACK LEATHER JACKET AND BLACK PANTS FROM JBT AND BLACK SUIT FROM JN05. Thud! Thud! Thud!

GWENN

THIS IS HARD.

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 09:43:45 AM »

Oh man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  How do pick a favorite fan photo of Clay, he is just so, well  Flame  I'll start with this one, as it was my wallpaper til Clandy's avie came along and I also have a favorite concert moment to go along with the JBT, I was there live in person in 4th row centre in Meadville ( thank you klins Wink) for WAMLAW Thud! Thud! Thud! how's that for starters!!! Laughing

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 10:11:26 AM »

My favorite concert one liner was in Clio this summer for the JBT, when he was bantering with a few people about taking video, and blurts out "I know you're words!!!" a gal we'd met was taking video, and he was specifically talking to her as she slowly sat down, careful not to let her video camera shake, and he then says.."god forbid the CLACK skip" we all lost it, and he just giggled so hard!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 10:24:01 AM »

SHARON---I FORGOT THAT ONE!!!!!! Laughing

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2006, 12:31:53 PM »

Most shocking (but  Purple Banana ) moment:    The Valdosta Grab  Thud!

Best TV performance -Kenny on Scrubs

Tie for Best Look- the Jukebox Black Leather Jacket and pants and The white leisure suit of Jukebox

Best Live Performance- I just can't decide ALL OF THE JUKEBOX TOUR!

Most touching performance-definitely BSOB for Poppa!

Most touching photo- holding the boy in Uganda

Best Photo- sorry can't decide on this either....way too numerous BUT would like to say, I wish Clay's professional photographers would take scrumptious Clandy the way our Claymates know how as their photos cream the pro ones

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2006, 12:58:45 PM »

Wow!  There are so many great things to chose from...this has been a great year, but here goes!

TV appearance -  Clay did a lot of great TV apperances this year, but my favorite was the interview for The Standard.

TV performance - I am probably partial to this one because I was there, but I would have to say GMA's Summer Concert Series. I loved hearing BFM for the first time! 

Print interview - By far it was the article in the N & O a couple of weeks ago...that was fabulous!  Yes!

Fan Photo - Like Gwenn said, there are so many wonderful pictures taken of Clay that it's hard to chose.  But, I am partial to a couple that I took this year.

Tour book photo - I have a couple of favorites in this category too.  But I love this one!

Concert performance - Wow, now this is a hard one!  I don't think I can pick just one.  I think I have to pick two whole concerts...both Raleigh and Clearwater for the JNT were just amazing. 

Tear jerker moment - I have to say when Clay kissed Alison during MGUCL in Clearwater.  That was just sweet!

Concert or interview one liner - At the Cary JBT concert Clay seemed to be on a roll.  I loved his comment about the "Skinny white boy who is funk free".  I still laugh every time I hear that!  Laughing

Humanitarian photo or event - The picture of Clay holding the very tiny baby that was run in People magazine.  It makes my heart melt every time I see it.

Outfit - I loved the white suit for the 70's set of the JBT!   Smile

Song - I'm sure some people are expecting me to say September, which is one of my favorites, but the one I seem to always go back to is Tears Run Dry.  I really like that one for some reason.

Hair - GMA hair...no question!

I think that covers it!  What a great year 2005 was.  I'm looking forward to more great memories for 2006!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2006, 01:59:55 PM »

I can't think of all of these things at once!   Paranoid

Favorite Concert One Liner:   "Run to Jesus!" and "Wipe the devil out."  Laughing Clapping

He cracked himself up along with the rest of us.

Sharon, I loved when he said...."god forbid the clack skip around."   Laughing

Heather, my favorite DL of the Motown segment is the Cary concert when he said he was "funk free."   Laughing

There were so many this year.  It's hard to pick a favorite.

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2006, 02:02:31 PM »

Wow, this is really hard!

Best Hair....definitely JBT
Best Outfit.....Black leather jacket from JBT
Best Fan Photo.....Way too many to mention
Best Tour Book Photo.....probably the picture of Clay and girl in backseat of car   shocking
Best TV Appearance......GMA 12/2005 (awsome stubble!)
Best TV Interview......without a doubt, the Vancover interview (The Standard)
Best Print Interview......Raleigh News & Observer (when the reporter travelled with Clay)
Best Concert Performance......Last AC Jukebox concert
Best Tear-Jerker moment......Clay holding little boy from Uganda
Best song......I Can't Make You Love Me
Best One-liner......Brain Fart   eek!

And, I agree with Jayne......Most Shocking Moment?  The Valdosa crotch grab!    shocking shocking shocking

In fact, I think I'm gonna watch that again.....and again......and again......etc.

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2006, 02:03:35 PM »

OMG, Jill, I forgot about "run to Jesus".  That was really good!

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
Galadriel
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2006, 02:36:08 PM »

Great thread.

Let's see:

Best song: Council Bluffs, Iowa "Emmanuel"

Best humanitarian pic is the little baby he is holding in Uganda.

Best concert I saw was Kettering JBT, even in the rain. He was ON.

Tear jerk moment- I thought singing BSOB for Papa and the kiss for Alison were tied for first but I would give seeing Gregory hug Clay enthusiasticly around the legs during the banter and intro section of JNT05 deserves an honorable mention here.

Best hair- L.Al JNT05 maybe. Not sure.

Best TV appearance was as Kenny on "Scrubs".
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2006, 02:55:15 PM »

Dang...forgot

BEST CLAYISM:  "Some people would be happy I just spit on them!"(from Indy, JBT I do believe!)

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

ILClaymate
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2006, 03:11:06 PM »

What fun!

TV appearance:  The Standard Interview

TV performance:   GMA 7/29/05 (this was such fun and he looked SO good in person!)

Print interview:   The N&O article by Matt Ehlers on 12/18/05

Fan Photo:  GAH!  What a toughie!  I have SO many but this one is my favorite that was taken by Mr. Clandy.

Tour book photo:

Concert performance:  This would have to be Merrillville JBT.  I had 5th row seats and it was just AMAZING!

Tear jerker moment: I have 2!  BSOB in Raleigh and MGUCL in Clearwater.

Concert or interview one liner: Skinny, white boy who is FUNK FREE!  I also loved the Run to Jesus/Wipe out the Devil!

Humanitarian photo or event: Again, so hard to choose!  Here's one I like.

Outfit:  Definately the orange shirt and yummy jeans from the JBT!

Song: Another toughy!  I have several.  Back For More, Great Balls Of Fire, Jingle Bells, Beautiful Star Of Bethlehem to name a few!

ETA:  Changed my song acronyms so everyone knew which songs I was talking about...thanks Pamela!  Good thinkin'!  Wink
Galadriel
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2006, 03:49:47 PM »

Best tour finale: Clearwater, FL 12/30 JNT05 where he comes in from the back of the venue to sing WAYDNYE and dances with an audience member. Then he waves goodbye.
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2006, 04:07:20 PM »

Best One-Liner:   "Perfection takes time, Honey" -  JBT - Merrillville - (after a fan said "hurry up" while Clay and his crew were working on a Stump the Band request).   

Favorite TV Performance - GMA - July 29th -  Because it had been a very long time since we had seen him and heard him live!!  He did an awesome job on Suspicious Minds and Back For More!  Clapping

Additional Tear Jerker Moment:   (In addition to Unicef footage, BSOB for Poppa, and MGUCL in Clearwater)  I got all teared up at the first cellcert of JBT when I found out that Clay actually had learned to play the piano for Love Me Tender. I am convinced he did that because he knew how pleased we (his fans) would be.  Huggles

This is fun, but challenging!      I'm enjoying everyone's choices!

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2006, 04:32:24 PM »

FAVORITE SONG---BFM WITHOUT A DOUBT.  AND BSoB BECAUSE OF THE REASON.  THEN EMMANUEL AND CMH WHEN HE GROWLED. 

HAD TO ADD.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2006, 04:56:54 PM »

You know Gwenn, I love BFM...I wish they would quicken the tempo of it though before releasing on the CD...just a hair faster and it'd be REALLY awesome IMO

Tamaraluv
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2006, 05:32:05 PM »

Here are my picks....

Fan Photo-

Concert Performance-my first cellcert given to me by Ms. Philly during the first JBT concert 7-28-05

Tearjerker moment-was from JNT2 concert in KS during the DSIAFCD with the candles

Humanitarian photo-

Outfit-anytime the man wears black....but I loved the JBT 50's black leather jacket

Favorite song-"1,000 days"  and the Elvis medley from JBT
Hair-does it really matter. The man looks good no matter what!! Wink
stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2006, 06:22:29 PM »

Here's my start

TV appearance and performance : Gme Summer Concert

Print interview; no question the Raleigh n&o , it was great

Outfit: orange shirt and jeans from the JBT

Hair : short spikey JBT hair

Still working on the pictures, but you can bet on this he will be smiling in the fan photo and with a child on the humanitarian photo

Concert one liner/ well it's the whole banter segment with Terri at The JBT Meadowbrook concert.

Most Shocking, Jayne is right-- valdosta crotch grab
Clay at his best.

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx