gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:36:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 189
Total: 189

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Poll
Question: Are you excited for American Idol Five?  (Voting closed: January 01, 2006, 05:57:08 AM)
Yes - 23 (59%)
No - 12 (30.8%)
They should cancel it - 0 (0%)
The show's cheesy the only good thing to come out of it was Clay - 4 (10.3%)
Why bother watching they rig it anyway - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: POLLl: American Idol Five  (Read 9665 times)
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« on: December 27, 2005, 05:56:40 AM »

Hi Everyone!

American Idol is getting ready to start again!

Are you excited?

Could you care less?

Has the show run it's course?

Let us know what you think after you vote!

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 06:21:09 AM »

Susy,

I guess it is that time!!!  They are playing the commercials ad nauseum.  Luckily, I don't watch Fox that often, but I had to endure the commercials during the Bears game the other day.   

Your question was a little hard to answer, actually.  But I had to answer NO, because I would not say I am EXCITED about it.  But I will watch it, when they get down to the final 24 if they do it the way they did last year, or the final 12, if they go back to the old way.  I cannot stand to watch the awful people in the beginning.  It is too embarrassing to me, and too degrading to them.  My daughter thinks it is very funny, and watches it from the beginning.  She is actually the one that turned me on to AI in the beginning.  She watch AI1, I did not.  She said she picked Kelly from the beginning.  She also loved Clay and now loves Carrie.

So it is about the talent for me.  I love to watch the talent, and see if America agrees with me.  IMO, Kelly was the right winner in Season 1, as was Carrie in Season 4.  We ALL know Clay was better in Season 2, but that is all water under the bridge now.  His success outspeaks his #2 finish.  I thought LaToya London was the talent in season 3, and deserved to win.  That is my humble opinion.

So, until they get down to the final group(s), my daughter will have to fill me in.  I am thinking about taping it this year, and just fast-forwarding through the judges comments.  Even Paula has lost it for me.
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
ILClaymate
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 08:53:59 AM »

Hey Susy and Woodster!

I wouldn't say that I'm EXCITED about it but I will be watching so I voted yes.  I like watching it but it isn't as exciting to me as Survivor, The Amazing Race or the Apprentice.

Game over, Idol found, right??  Wink
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 09:05:07 AM »

I voted No, only because I am not excited about it - but I will probably watch it, after the 32 finalists are chosen (I think they should change the show to show only those who have a real shot at making the finals - the people who audition just for attention should not be allowed on camera). As the saying goes "SHOW OVER - IDOL FOUND!" No one will ever replace Clay for me, but I do think the show is a great place for undiscovered talent to be showcased, and I wish all of the idol participants well.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 10:00:32 AM »

Hi Susie!!!  I voted yes, as I look forward to watching the show, but I agree with Woody, I'll wait til the 24 to watch, the beginning doesn't intereast me to see!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 05:33:53 PM »

I can't say that I am exactly excited but I am looking forward to the new season. I was excited every week in season 2. The other seasons I watched and enjoyed but really didn't care all that much who won. I became very annoyed when some of my favorites like Jennifer Hudson and LaToya were voted out while Fantasia advanced.

I agree with ICClaymate that I get much more excited about Survivor,  TAR and The Apprentice. I'm even looking forward to The Bachelor.
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 05:56:00 PM »

Hey Suzie - I voted cheesy show and no I am not excited.  I think it has run its course.  Maybe new judges and making only one vote a household would make it better but since that isn't happening then in my opinion:  SHOW OVER, IDOL FOUND.  NO ONE WILL EVEN COME CLOSE TO OUR CLAY AIKEN.  I SAID THAT LAST YEAR AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN.

Hugs
Rainey
TaikenByClayton18
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2005, 06:40:17 PM »

I'm not looking forward to it because it seems that America always goes along with who Simon thinks should win and plus, I've already found my two Idols: Clay Aiken and Anthony Fedorov and no one can ever replace them!!!  Smile
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 07:39:52 PM »

I voted yes!

Excited??  That's pushing it, but I do enjoy that show!   I have watched every show starting with Season 1.  I even enjoy getting frustrated throughout the season!

I think that all of the hype and showing all of the very very horrid singers during the auditions really are the reason that a vast number of viewers think of the show as a joke.   That lessens the honor of being one of the finalists, IMHO!

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
Spikee
Enthusiastic

X X X X

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 08:30:41 PM »

Barbara - I agree with you.  I voted that it is cheesy now, but I will still watch.  I am curious as to the talent.
I think that if they took the worst out and just concentrated on the good, the show would gain some respect out of the industry.  If they really want to show the worst, just make it it's own show.  They can then vote for the worst if they wanted too.  We all know that the voting is a joke anyway.

I did what I had to ~
On My Way Here
songbird457
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2005, 09:14:11 PM »

Eek - am I gonna get eggs and tomatos thrown at me? (ducks....)

I voted "yes" but I wouldn't say I'm ecstatic about the show. I think the auditions are funny but I hate that they replay them 5 times during the season.  I don't watch a whole lot of television so I think that AI season is a fun thing. Like many have said I agreed wholly with Kelly and Carrie and then of course we all wanted CLay to win but he's uber successful to the point of "who flippin' cares that he came in behind Ruben"!

It's fun, yes it is getting old, but it's still fun to me. And I am a singer too so to watch the finalists battle it out, it's a reality to me in more ways than one. I do agree that the judges and their comments are almost pointless and they seem to milk it all for the "boos" and laughs, etc. But it is nice to see young people have a shot at a career in music, and in Clay's case, so much more! 

So I say bring it on, season 5. You won't beat Clay, but I'll still be there to watch.  Wink
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2005, 09:18:22 PM »

I voted yes.  I like the show and am looking forward to it.  I do think that one week of BAD auditions would be enough.  They so milk that!!!!

Just remember, if it were not for AI, we would not have Clay.
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2005, 02:18:36 AM »

I voted "yes" because I enjoy seeing these young people trying for the "American Dream" Wink Wink

I like to think of Clay that way.   Purple Banana

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2005, 02:21:21 AM »

I agree Deanna....aaand I love listening to that raw talent.

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

Clayhottiefan007
Enthusiastic

Brett and Clay's Lil Freshman College TCC Girl!!!

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2005, 09:27:35 AM »

hey wave
yes, i am soo pumped up!

love ya
Kat Huggles

Kat. Huggles
DHS Class of '09
In loving memory of Debi <3
Got Clayed on 7/7/07 in Tulsa
TCC Class of '12
Be Smart and be ABOVE THE INFLUENCE and NOT UNDER
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2005, 07:41:53 PM »

I voted "yes" because I enjoy seeing these young people trying for the "American Dream" Wink Wink

I like to think of Clay that way.   Purple Banana

me too!

Thanks for voting everyone!

I just love seeing what happens every season!

And every season except for season 3 I fall in love with someone new.

I mean Clay is it for me but it's just so great.

LOL

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
ralncclayfan
Claynewbie

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2005, 12:02:27 PM »

I voted yes too,  I am looking forward to it because for the simple reason we would not have Clay if not for it,  but there will never be another CLAY !! 
hotwaxonclay
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2006, 02:45:56 PM »

Ugh I always say I AM NOT EXCITED since season 2...

I always tell myself YOU WILL NOT GET INTO...YOU WILL WATCH AND WHEN IT IS OVER TURN OF THE TV AND GO TO BED.

NOPE

Not the case...I always end up voting, buying merchandise like the magazines and keeping a tally on how many times I vote, who should win ll that stuff.=, talking about the show days after it is done. Yes...I'm a pathetic one lol Super Happy!!!

But I do say this season I feel is going to be pretty nifty. No one will replace Clay but I've been all about this show since it debuted lol.

BUt next season you guys will be excited b/c I am going to try out and win! And then I will have a partay and invite OMC and all of my Maniac friend here at the boards!!! So you all keep your calendars open for June 2007 lol.
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2006, 03:33:31 PM »

When does the season start?
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2006, 03:41:04 PM »

January 17th I think??

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx