gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:41:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 178
Total: 178

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DEC 8  (Read 4481 times)
ILClaymate
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2005, 11:58:02 AM »

wave  Good afternoon Maniacs!

He'll make a joyful noise
By BEN DUTKA
For the Norwich Bulletin

It took all of 30 seconds for Clay Aiken to win over the judges at the start of the second season of "American Idol," and the eventual runner-up moved on to win over the American public.

For the holidays, Aiken's bringing his voice and spreading popularity to Connecticut.

Aiken will perform Saturday at the Chevrolet Theater in Wallingford as part of his Joyful Noise Tour 2005. Doors open at 6 p.m., show time is 7:30 p.m., and tickets are $38, $48 and $58.

Joyful Noise 2004 was successful enough to spawn the 2005 sequel, which includes 40 concerts throughout the United States and Canada between November and December.

Born Clayton Holmes Grissom in 1978, the young singer adopted his mother's maiden name and graduated in 2003 from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte with a degree in special education.

Aiken became an "Idol" contestant while at UNC, a move that was a springboard to stardom. Because he didn't physically embody the "Idol" image, the judges very nearly discounted Aiken before the first note, but everything changed after he launched into a rendition of Heatwave's "Always and Forever."

His post-"Idol" career began with the single "Bridge Over Troubled Water"/"This is the Night," which became the fastest-selling single since Elton John's "Candle in the Wind" in 1997, and the best-selling single of 2003.

April 2004 saw Aiken embark on his first tour, the Independent Tour with the original "Idol," Kelly Clarkson.

The Joyful Noise Tour later that year featured a 30-piece orchestra, and Aiken found himself supported by ensembles such as the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra and the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.

In addition to his singing career, Aiken has also founded the Bubel/Aiken Foundation, which supports the integration of children with disabilities into the normal-life environment of their nondisabled peers.

From numerous TV appearances to smash hits to lending his time and money to charities around the country, Aiken is one of the busiest artists in music.

NORWICH BULLETIN
ILClaymate
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2005, 12:24:17 PM »

Weekend Feedback: 12/8/05
Thursday, December 08, 2005
Clay was touching

John Young's column on Clay Aiken's Joyful Noise Concert ended saying it was "unseasonable" to mention the negative things he then, in fact, proceeded to mention.

His criticisms of Clay's fabulous show were totally inaccurate. Clay himself wrote that beautiful Christmas script that he combined with music from his Christmas CD along with some new songs. Clay's powerful haunting voice always shines and the vignettes added a beautiful, touching story line so typical of what we want to see at Christmas.

So what does this article say about Mr. Young? Well, in addition to being a freelance writer that the Post-Gazette should not use in the future, it showed him as a reporter whose personal bias came through (maybe jealousy of Clay?) which most of us will write off as totally WRONG. Young never mentioned the great reaction of the audience who absolutely adored the show. That's unfortunate, since this is a real charming piece of entertainment for the mainstream that people should know about.

To Mr. Young: You are clueless of real talent, what Christmas is all about, and how much Clay is admired. You should find another line of work.

Carol Ellis
Oak Lawn, IL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In praise of Clay

My wife and I attended the Clay Aiken concert, and after reading John Young's review (Dec. 1), I've come to the conclusion that he either phoned in his review or had it written before he ever heard a note sung, because he certainly was not at the same show we were. First of all, Miss Beverly (Alison Lawrence) had a problem with her microphone but Mr. Aiken's was fine. In fact everyone around us thought he sounded better than ever.

Also, Mr. Young needs a fact checker; Clay sang "Christmas Serenade," not "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" when Miss Beverly first met her husband.

With regard to Mr. Young's last two sarcastic and condescending paragraphs, holidays ARE sentimental and kitschy. "It's a Wonderful Life" is sentimental. Renewal of spirit is kitschy. It is Mr. Young who needs an infusion of holiday spirit.

After reading this review, I fully understand why Mr. Young is a free-lancer and not a staff writer. See, Mr. Young, I can be sarcastic and condescending also.

Harold Marcus
Squirrel Hill

POST GAZETTE
ILClaymate
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2005, 12:27:51 PM »

Interesting 'Insider' rating info posted at CV:

Paramount’s The Insider continues to pick up steam with a series high 3.0 in households for the second consecutive week, while parent Entertainment Tonight (5.5) tied its season high, ranking first in the magazine genre for 490 straight weeks. Paramount’s Judge Judy (4.6), Judge Joe Brown (3.4) and Montel (2.3); and Twentieth gaveler Judge Alex (2.4) also reached a new zenith in households this season
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2005, 12:32:26 PM »

CLANDY - THANKS FOR THAT ARTICLE FROM THE NORWICH BULLETIN.  ITS TOO BAD THAT THE RADIO WON'T GIVE HIM ANY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT ABOUT COMING TO CHEVROLET THEATRE. 
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2005, 02:40:45 PM »

Gwenn, you were the first person I thought of when I read the interview with the reference that he was getting to be old enough not to have to spend his birthday with his Mom!!!!!!  And I see you picked up on it too!!!!!!! LOL

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2005, 02:56:47 PM »

Gwenn, you were the first person I thought of when I read the interview with the reference that he was getting to be old enough not to have to spend his birthday with his Mom!!!!!!  And I see you picked up on it too!!!!!!! LOL

DEBBIE---I GUESS I AM PRETTY TRANSPARENT. lmao lmao lmao lmao

GWENN Huggles

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2005, 03:37:28 PM »

Weekly MCWL sales update:

Top Holiday Albums - #15 (up from #16 last week, 12 weeks on the charts)   

Top Pop Catalog Albums - #10 (up from #14 last week, 12 weeks on the charts)   

Billboard Comprehensive Albums - #70 (up from #102 last week, 11 weeks on the charts)   

Soundscan listing:
70. (102) MERRY CHRISTMAS WITH LOVE (by Clay Aiken) 11 wks, sal: 26,000(29%) / 1,084,000

Wow!! Another 26,000 sold for a 29% increase!!!  Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx