gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:42:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 263
Total: 263

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Deck the Halls  (Read 23720 times)
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2005, 08:25:13 PM »

Hi, Prissy and Debi!

I have a lot of old ornaments and Christmas decorations. When my aunt, parents and in laws passed I took everything that no one else wanted. My sisters each took a Hummel nativity set and I got all the rest. My BIL wanted to sell everything but I managed to get the few things that I really wanted.

Some of the old ornaments are from the late 40's and early 50's. Something is added every year. This year and last year it was Clay's ornaments.

When my sons were little I took them out shopping to pick out a special glass ornament for the tree. I could guide them for many years but eventually they picked out clowns and sailboats. I bought then each an ornament this year. Eventually they will have a tree of their own and will have something to put on it from their childhood on.

I don't have a clue on how to post pictures but I did get a digital camera and a printer for the pictures. I may have to get one of the boys to help me get them on the computer.
ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2005, 08:48:05 PM »

Mary I hope you can post some pictures of your old ornaments and the newer ones too....I bought my daughter a glass ornament each year...it was always a precious moments one...well she has her own house now and her tree is so pretty and has many years of memories on it....I think she really appreciated it when she got older...

Ok now I want to post my favorite ornament of all..my mom bought this one for me about 8 yrs ago...it always has a place of honor on my tree......
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2005, 01:08:20 PM »

wave  Hello,  Mary and Debi,

I loved reading about the ornaments, Mary, that you have collected over the years and you, too, Debi.  How wonderful to have special ornaments to pass on to your children.

THESE PHOTOS ARE FROM THE FORT WORTH WOMAN'S CLUB DECORATED THIS YEAR FOR CHRISTMAS.

Tree with violins, harps, and music ribbon

Small tree decoration

Stairway with bows and garland

Tables set up with large bow centerpieces and red napkins "standing" at each place setting.

Stage decorations

Hugs,
Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2005, 03:05:06 PM »

Prissy....wow those pictures are beautifull.....thanks for sharing...debi
geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2005, 05:09:29 AM »

Hi Debi & Prissy,
Wonderful decorations!  Looks like you took a lot of time and care to make things festive!  Debi, I love that ornament from your mom, I can see why it is so special to you.  Thank you for posting these oh so pretty photos. 
Have a 'MERRY CHRISTMAS"!

Clay's my Wings of Love!
Proud to be a Claymaniac!
geraldine
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2005, 09:37:09 PM »

I was expecting my son Tim and my sister Jane to stay over on Christmas night. The younger generation decided that because they didn't have to work today that they would also stay over. We pulled out the Areo bed and blankets and had 4 unexpected guests.

Norm, Jane and I got up early. We were trying to be quiet because boys were sleeping in the living room and family room. The kids can really snore. I think that our laughing finally woke them up.

ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2006, 09:21:04 PM »

Ok...I just love seeing all the beautiful christmas decorations....and it sadens me to know they will soon be gone.....I wanted to share my M&M collection....it's kinda hard to get a picture because they sit on a wooden vallance above a window bench....and well I had to stand on a chair to get these....

Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2006, 09:27:33 PM »

Tim has been home all week and we were expecting him for a day or two! His small office in Philadelphia was closed so he worked out of the NJ office for a few days.

He just got a promotion from Sales Associate (raw recruit) to Sales Executive (better than raw recruit)! He had a friend from CT here last night and that turned into two nights!

They decided to have a last minute poker party here tonight and now we have six in the basement having a good time. One of the boys has been his friend since first grade another since third grade and the other two since middle school. It is so nice seeing them all again after 5 months.

We took all the decorations and lights off the live tree and I'll pack them all up tomorrow. Norm will have boy power tomorrow getting the monster out of the house!

I love all the pictures that have been posted.

Debi, that is a beautiful collection. You have a great space to display them all.
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2006, 02:05:28 PM »

Debi, JoAnn would love your decorations....she's an M  &  M kinda gal, huh Prissy?

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2006, 10:32:54 PM »

Jayne is right, Debi!

I will have to tell JoAnn about your M&M collection.  Her entire schoolroom has an M&M theme!! 

Thanks for all the pictures and memories everyone has shared here.  I hope that this thread will be saved somewhere, perhaps in the Favorite Threads, and we will start it again next year.

But please add in any more photos you have. 

I have taken down my "Santa" things, but my tree and "Snowman" decorations are still up!!  I'll probably take my tree down on Jan. 5, the 12th day of Christmas.

Hugs to all,
Prissy

Photo by JoAnn of some Jukebox M&M figures with Bobblehead Clay in her classroom.  (She and I had t-shirts made with this photo!!) Laughing

geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2006, 04:21:10 AM »

Hello Debi,  Your M&M colllection is so adorable!  How long did it take you to collect all the different ones? 
I took all my decorations down the day after New Year's.  Sad but there is always next year.  Each year I buy a brand new ornament for the tree.  this year.  I found the cutest cloth snowman, he had a hat on him just like Clay's fedora, so I grabbed it.  I do miss turning on the tree lights each morning. I loved seeing your collection.

Prissy--Thanks for posting the Jukebox and bobblehead of Clay. 

JoAnn--What a cute idea.  I'll bet your students are Cla fans too!

Be back soon!
hugs
geraldine

Clay's my Wings of Love!
Proud to be a Claymaniac!
geraldine
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2006, 06:39:35 AM »

Does this count as decoration ???

What we put out for Santa !! Purple Banana

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2006, 11:27:13 AM »

Chrisie,

I think that photo belongs on this thread!  Those chocolate chip cookies look good!!  Now, did Santa take the Clay mug with him after his visit? Laughing

Hugs,
Prissy

PS:  The drawing is cute, too.  I have a feeling your girls drew that!

ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2006, 07:08:17 PM »

Chrisie....hello....nice that you stopped in here.....and yes your photo fit in here perfect....LOL...the girls are quite creative .......

Prissy I don't think I know JoAnn....what is her screen name??????  I haave loved M&M things for some time...but I only but christmas ones....usually they have two new cans but this year i didn't find any....I don't even know if any were made.....I was kinda bummed out because I think this collection has come to an end.....

hello Jayne....

Charlene...my m&m collection has been going for about 7 or 8 years...maybe even longer......I just love them and they are so colorful.....they add so much to the room.....
I't sad to take them down.....but like you said there is always next year....

Well I'm not to sure who will check back here now that the holiday is officially over....but I just wanted to  say it was fun sharing christmas decorations with all of you...I enjoyed every picture that was posted and it was almost like visiting your house at the holidays...I sure hope we do this again next year....it will be fun again.....hugs to all of you and see you around somewhere  hugs to all

ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2006, 08:56:34 PM »

Chrisie,

I think that photo belongs on this thread!  Those chocolate chip cookies look good!!  Now, did Santa take the Clay mug with him after his visit? Laughing

Hugs,
Prissy

PS:  The drawing is cute, too.  I have a feeling your girls drew that!

Prissy, if Santa took my Clay cup..................................he would not be allowed back into my house ...EVER !!!!!  lmao

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2006, 05:25:11 PM »

It's....be....ginning to look a lot like Christmas!!

I am reviving the Deck the Halls thread.  I hope you will share your Christmas decorations and special Christmas pictures with us

Hugs,
Prissy.

Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2006, 02:01:53 PM »

Prissy, I'm happy that you revived this thread and am looking forward to seeing the pictures and hearing how everyones decorating is coming along.
ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2006, 09:42:47 AM »

YEah!!!! It's time to share christmas photos again!!!!  I love christmas decorations...I have started to put mine up but so far they are not ready enough for pictures..we need some snow around here to make everything just the right mood...I look forward to seeing everyones decorations...... merry xmas Santa Smiley
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2006, 09:15:56 PM »

wave Mary and Debi
Deanna, where are you?  I know you like to decorate for the holidays!

I have just about finished my decorating;  not doing quite as much this year.  I am mainly doing a snowman theme so I can leave it up into January and part of February.  I will just take away the tree and the Santas that are out after Christmas. I have taken some photos and will post them when I get them in the computer.

Debi,
I hope we see some Aisalynn Christmas pictures, too. Smile

Hugs,
Prissy

I will post my Snowman Nativity which is on my mantle.

(Clickable)

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2006, 12:19:15 PM »

Beautiful, ladies!!!!  Truly beautiful, all of it.  What I love most about it is how each person's personality comes through in the way they decorate and celebrate the holidays.  Thanks so much for sharing with us!

We're sharing more than love and holiday spirit at my house this year.  Unfortunately, we're passing around this horrid respiratory virus that starts as a head cold and ends up as bronchitis.  So we didn't get our big decorations out this year or the house lights.  We decided to keep it simple.

The kids did the tree:

And this is my cherished porcelin Santa - a gift from my mother.  I wanted one for many years but they were very expensive.  She got him for me on year when I was very ill, and he's brought me joy ever since.  He's HUGE!  The Santa is about as big as my 16 month old nephew, Beau!   Laughing

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx