gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:59:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 264
Total: 264

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DEC 5  (Read 3516 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: December 05, 2005, 02:10:16 AM »

wave Have a Marvelous Monday everyone!! wave
Poll:
What's the best upcoming concert?

Trace Adkins -- 8 p.m. Dec. 1
 Alan Jackson -- Dec. 2
 India.Arie -- 8 p.m. Dec. 2
 Buzz Bake Sale -- With My Chemical Romance, Our Lady Peace -- Dec. 3
 Jason Mraz -- 8 p.m. Dec. 3
 Chubby Checker -- 6, 8:30 p.m. Dec. 5
 Dave Koz & Friends Smooth Jazz Christmas -- 8 p.m. Dec. 6
 3 Doors Down -- 7:30 p.m. Dec. 8
 Lionel Richie -- 9 p.m. Dec. 9
 Wayne Newton -- 8 p.m. Dec. 9
 Ottmar Liebert -- 8 p.m. Dec. 9
 Saves the Day/Senses Fail -- 7:30 p.m. Dec. 10
 Rob Thomas -- 8 p.m. Dec. 13 at Hard Rock Live
 Irish Rovers -- 11 a.m., 2 p.m. Dec. 13 at Kravis Center
 Debbie Reynolds -- 7 p.m. Dec. 13, 14 at Lyric Theatre
 Clay Aiken's Joyful Noise Tour -- Dec. 27 Seminole Hard Rock

Current results:
95.5%
Clay Aiken's Joyful Noise Tour -- Dec. 27 Seminole Hard Rock (1507 responses)

1578 total responses
SOUTHFLORIDA

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 02:11:33 AM »

Oh yeah, South Florida rocks!!!

Hi Miss D.  Have a great day!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 02:11:51 AM »

From the Touch of Clay site:

YOUR CLAYMATES UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU'RE COMING FROM CLAY!

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 02:16:12 AM »

Aiken making ‘Joyful Noise’ on holiday tour
By Sarah Rodman/ Music
Monday, December 5, 2005

Central casting could not come up with a better ambassador of holiday cheer than Clay Aiken.

The jolly “American Idol” runner-up is touring with his second Christmas production, Joyful Noise 2005, which comes to the Orpheum tomorrow.

In addition to singing selections from his 2004 holiday release “Merry Christmas With Love” and carols and hymns, the 27-year-old North Carolinian has penned a script to tie the songs together. Revolving around the theme of Christmas spirit, Aiken’s tale is performed by a group of dancers and actor-singers, including his high school choir teacher, Allison Lawrence.

We caught up with the easygoing singer, who hopes to have a new CD in stores early next year, by phone from a Pittsburgh tour stop.     

Herald: This summer you were voted the Most Loved Reality Star in a TV Guide poll. How does it compare to appearing in People’s “Sexiest Men” issue in 2003?

Aiken: They both make me laugh. They’re very flattering. I don’t think I’ve been voted the “Sexiest Man Alive.” I was in the book but I was on, like, page 74 so I don’t think it counts.     

You take criticism and jokes lobbed at you with good humor. Do the ribbings and negative reviews really not bother you?

Obviously, you sure don’t love ’em if they’re bad. But I’ve always been taught to try and find the positive in every situation. So at least people are talking instead of not saying anything at all. Obviously, if they were saying all good things I’d be much happier, but it’s not going to happen. Those reviewers and those people who want to take potshots and be negative and nasty, they’re wasting their time and wasting it with me. How great!     

We hear you’ve turned into a playwright on this tour.

I turned into a control freak, let’s be honest. I knew I wanted to do something different. I wanted to do a show that brought all of the elements together. I sat down and started writing an outline, and then went to see if I could get someone to help put together a script and thought, ‘If you want something done right, do it yourself.’

You’ve brought your high school choir teacher on tour with you. So are you guys trashing hotel rooms and going to strip joints?

No. But it’s so strange to me. She was the teacher that was very well loved because she was the cool teacher. I still call her Miss Lawrence every once in awhile.”

But you’re her boss now!

I know, isn’t that weird?
BOSTONHERALD

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 02:17:10 AM »

BTW---don't eat too much cake today, M.B.!  Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 02:17:30 AM »

From the Ideal Idol site:

HOW ABOUT THAT VOX

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 02:21:25 AM »

Good Morning Buddy!!!
I already ate chocolate cake with chocolate frosting this weekend.  ROFLMAO Wink

Idol Chartwatch, December 5: The Heat Is On
by Donna Reynolds -- 12/05/2005

This week, several Idols made significant motion on the charts, proving their merit to the masses! Read on to out who is emerging as a “heatseeker,” and which Idol has a single that is skyrocketing in popularity. (snip)

Clay Aiken’s Merry Christmas With Love rose one spot to #16 on the Top Holiday Chart.
FOXESONIDOL

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 02:24:44 AM »

Reminder:

Clay will be on The Early Show and Entertainment Tonight today.

Clay "is" the "News"
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005, 05:01:15 AM »

DEANNA, THANKS SOOOOO MUCH FOR THE NEWS --HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.
 A LITTLE BIRDIE TOLD ME IT WAS YOUR BIRTHDAY--ENJOY & HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY 

TAKE CARE EVERYONE,
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 05:40:34 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS.

HAVE A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAR FRIEND AND YEP I MADE IT BACK AGAIN BUT LEFT MY HEART IN NYC WITH CLAY.

WILL CHECK BACK LATER FOR UPDATES AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM IN ET TONIGHT.

HUGS
RAINEY
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2005, 07:54:41 AM »

Deanna, thanks for the news every day. I was without a computer for a few days and realized just how much I enjoy it so much everyday.

I hope you have a wonderful birthday!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2005, 08:55:39 AM »

Early Show site

Clay's sixth tour since he "won" AI!  ROFLMAO

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2005, 09:00:17 AM »

Bundchen, Aiken Fulfill Wishes

(CBS) This season, The Early Show, Walmart.com and United Way are teaming up in a unique effort to brighten the holidays of children whose lives were impacted by three recent hurricanes, Katrina, Rita and Wilma.

The Early Show is devoting weather segments twice a day to collecting Christmas toys for those youngsters.

On Monday, Dec. 5, supermodel Gisele Bundchen and Clay Aiken took part. Both also appeared in their own segments on the show.

Bundchen donated a karaoke machine, revealing she's a big karaoke fan, though she doesn't sound as good as Aiken!

He gave an assortment of toy trucks.

A special holiday "Wish List" provides viewers with a list of pre-selected toys and presents. Gifts will be shipped directly to United Way, which will distribute them on behalf of the project.

You can participate by purchasing a gift any time between Dec. 1 and Dec. 24. Your gift is tax deductible and, most importantly, will make the season just a little brighter for a special child.

The Early Show is also soliciting contributions and gifts-in-kind on the Plaza every morning. They'll also be sent to the United Way for distribution.

CBS News

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2005, 12:45:18 PM »

IF ANYONE HAS THE DOWNLOAD FROM THE EARLY SHOW I WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE IT.  MEETING THAT MAN HAS JUST ABOUT DONE ME AGAIN. 

HUGS
RAINEY
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2005, 12:52:40 PM »

IF ANYONE HAS THE DOWNLOAD FROM THE EARLY SHOW I WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE IT.  MEETING THAT MAN HAS JUST ABOUT DONE ME AGAIN. 

HUGS
RAINEY

I can get it to you when I get home, Rainey.

Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
ILClaymate
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2005, 02:13:39 PM »

Ms. D!

------------------------------------------

Taking a 'Shine' to Christmas music
By MIKE JENKINSON, EDMONTON SUN

<snip>
This Christmas season, Shine-FM has about 450 songs in rotation, which is about 160 more than last year. The station has also added a few artists that don't normally make the playlist, such as James Taylor and Clay Aiken, in addition to their regular roster of artists that ranges from Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant to Reliant K and Kutless.

EDMONTONSUN
ILClaymate
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2005, 02:24:06 PM »

A very Aiken Christmas
December 5, 2005

Clay Aiken, guardian angel? The ''American Idol" runner-up has cast himself in a Michael Landon-esque role in his holiday tour, which arrives at the Orpheum tomorrow night. In between crooning ''O Holy Night" and ''Jingle Bells," he helps a widow find some Christmas spirit in the pageant-cum-pop-concert. If Aiken was a true angel, however, he would be helping Justin Guarini. Maybe next year. This year the infamously nice Aiken was happy to phone us from Pittsburgh and chat about the current production.

A: You're getting it right, but you're looking at it in a dark way. I would not see it as dark at all. I think it's a very classic Christmas-type tale. If you think about it, most Christmas shows start with someone who doesn't have the Christmas spirit, and then they gain it by the end of the show. Are you coming to see it?

Q: I'm not sure. I think that's the night I'm mulling cider.

A: I think you should see it, because it's not very dark at all. It starts out gloomily. Hmm. That's interesting. I'm going to have to watch it tonight and see if it looks that way.

Q: You sound like a really nice, polite guy . . .

A: [giggles]

Q: . . . I'm wondering if you've ever been tempted to call Ruben Studdard and say, ''I may have come in second place, but I'm starring in TV specials with Barry Manilow and playing stadiums, and you're playing the grand opening of the Burger King in Anaheim"?

A: Ohhhh. Wait a minute. No, no, no. I'm proud of both of us. There's no way. If I said that, you know what would happen the next week? I'd start singing at grand openings for Burger King. We've each had our own successes in different ways. I think Ruben is thrilled with what he's doing. He's working on his next album. It's interesting -- a lot of times people assume that I've done better. But he's had better radio play than I have by far. It's all a matter of perception.

Q: You were on the cover of a Christian magazine last year talking about being a God-fearing pop star, but I was on your website and found that you're selling Clay Aiken thongs for 10 bucks a pop. Where does that fit into being a good Christian pop star?

A: First of all, do you think that Christians don't wear underwear? Of course they do!

Q: A thong is a bit more skimpy than underwear.

A: We started that because when I was on the ''American Idol" tour we had a lot of people that for some reason wanted to throw underwear at me on stage. So we decided as a joke a few tours back to sell underwear. They sold so well that we had to keep selling them. The religious right is very vocal in their opinions, and no one seems to have a problem with it. I have a very religious family, and they're not concerned about it at all. Because you know what? People who love God wear underwear also.

BOSTON.COM

*Poor Clay wonders why he evens does interviews after people like that!  Roll eyes  You handled that well, Clay!  Clapping
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2005, 02:25:56 PM »

Hee hee! Clandy, did you see what I did to my siggie line this morning?

Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
ILClaymate
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2005, 02:31:59 PM »

Per CV:

CBS The Early Show has video up of Clay's performance this morning on their website: Aiken in the Christmas Spirit

MCWL
Amazon ranking prior to Early Show:  #307
Amazon ranking AFTER Early Show:  #196  Cheer! 
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2005, 03:17:55 PM »

Boy oh boy..I think the man out did himself on the CBS Early Morning Show.

Show me ONE person that could even remotely knock Clay for his voice...just ONE!!

That was incredible!

Thanks for the link..that is a KEEPER!!

Lora
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx