gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:39:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 293
Total: 293

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Poll
Question: What is your favorite tour?  Please read the first post before voting!
American Idols Live Tour
Independent Tour
Summer Solo Tour
Joyful Noise '04
Jukebox Tour
Joyful Noise '05

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: POLL: What is your favorite tour?  (Read 8408 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: December 03, 2005, 01:18:08 PM »

The OFC currently has a similar poll, but with only three voting options:  Independent, Solo, JNT (no year specified.)

That's only half the tours Clay has done, so I thought we should offer a more extensive poll.  But, it's difficult because not everyone has seen every tour, and some people have never had the opportunity to see Clay live at all.

However, this poll is for everyone; for any and all of us have had the opportunity to view huge portions of each tour at nearly every venue due to the generosity of Clay and the fans who are able to record video of their experience for posterity!!

For many, the tour experience involves more than just the show.  There are often pre concert parties, post concert parties, lucky encounters with Clay and/or the band, conversations with Jerome, Nick, venue personnel, or media people, or Clay's mom Faye, or even Raleigh!  Some people have special bus experiences, meet and greets, some have been able to go on stage and sing or dance with Clay, and some have Clay sing into their cell phones or any number of other good times.

I don't think it's possible to seperate the tour experience from the concert itself, because everything that happens up to, during and after, and all the people we meet and party with, and all the unique things that happen during the concert itself, is a part of the whole.   

So, if your only concert experiences have been via "clack," then base your vote on that.  But if you have attended a concert, please take all these things into consideration - including the show itself - and vote for your favorite tour!

Then, please share with us what made it special for you.  Whether it was the songs, the venue, the friends, Clay himself, or (e) all of the above, let's talk about our most fun or most meaningful concert experiences. 

This may be difficult.  I'm still trying to decide myself!  I think I have a favorite, but I'll probably share my second and third choices as well!
Clayhottiefan007
Enthusiastic

Brett and Clay's Lil Freshman College TCC Girl!!!

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 01:28:46 PM »

hey pamela,
i voted the JukeBox tour because my friend Rebecca actully called me from there and let me listen to him....WOOT!! but but i also love the joyful noise II because carol (carol19575bikes) got me a t-shirt from there so im happy!!!

awesome poll!!!

love
Kat Huggles

Kat. Huggles
DHS Class of '09
In loving memory of Debi <3
Got Clayed on 7/7/07 in Tulsa
TCC Class of '12
Be Smart and be ABOVE THE INFLUENCE and NOT UNDER
TaikenByClayton18
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 05:22:31 PM »

I voted for the Jukebox Tour because it was different than all of Clay's previous tours, I got to touch Clay's hand at the busses after the show and it was just an all-around AWESOME show!!! I also love his Solo Tour because it was my first time ever seeing Clay!  Smile
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 07:49:50 PM »

This could be a hard choice!! eek!

I have seen all the tours, and with each tour, it becomes more and more a Clay experience.  It's a toss up between the JNT  II and Jukebox Tour;  and I'm leaning toward the Jukebox Tour, because it was a whole week of Clay experiences with concerts, pre-parties, Claymaniac get togethers, etc.

If you read my review, which is a picture diary, you will understand what I mean!!

Well, I have decided.  It has to be the Jukebox Tour.   I got to meet Glen and other Claymaniacs.  I met Faye and talked to Jacob.  And I saw three concerts that week.

(This is kind of like talking out loud and solving your own dilemma.) Laughing Laughing Paranoid

Hugs,
Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 05:20:26 AM »

Me?? I am always a little different and off the beaten path...so I am going out here and telling you I LOVED the SOLO TOUR!!

For me..this was about Clay perfecting and becoming CLAY!! AS much as I loved the music and his voice in the Jukebox Tour..and Clay was still Clay but while "portraying" someone else...using mostly someone elses music. I loved that in the Not A Tour Solo tour..he could interpret HIS music with a few covers and show us what he had! He had a LOT!!

He showed us growly Clay--I Survived You..but I thought I may NOT survive him!!!, and spiritual Clay- dressed in White and coming from below the stage, beautiful--, and "Chain of Fools" Clay- I'll NEVER forget "Chain of Fools" Clay. He showed us the softer side of Clay with Measure of a Man, He got to enter in POP STAR fashion...lights flashing and stairs rising..and fog floating across the stage..we got CLay anouncements from the past year of his public life....I could hardly stand it! Seriously..my heart just raced KNOWING he was coming out from those stairs and to Channel Bono and U-2.  Now...remember those feelings?? WOW TO ME!!!

We got to have Chatty Clay for really the first time..showing how relaxed he was with what he finally referred to as HIS FANS!! He was Clay thru and thru. We got to experience SNARK like we never saw. We fell in love with him over and over everytime he pulled someone from the audience to dance...hoping it was you while, if you were like me...hoping it really WASN'T. We got "Ethel" from this tour and Bob and Linda. This was when the Clay FANS came out of the woodwork! We got Meet and greets and Bus sightings and after concert handshakes! It really, for ME - started here.

The AI tour was not about Clay..the Independent tour was Clay and Kelly...but definately swaying toward Clay.....the First JNT tour was beautiful...but of course, not nealry as heart pumping as his Not a Tour Solo tour!

I was willing to travel to see Clay ANYWHERE in that Solo tour. I wish I could have seen even more...I think I saw 4 or 5. The weather was great for our concerts...OUTSIDE under the stars and lights Clay...bugs flying around Clay...horse poop smells drifting in the air..LARGER venues being much more filled than even the JukeBox Tour. People dressed in their Clay attire. Tshirts and handbags and hats and LONG ARMS and TALL HATS...if anyone knows what I am talking about! Sold out concerts in moments..requiring additional concerts to be added.

Yeah..there is NO comparison for me. THAT tour is when we saw Clay become Clay..the man we travel for..sit HERE for....call each other for and meet for. We wrap presents for and buys books for, support charites for. THAT Clay is who we want people to see....the man who DANCED for us for the first time and tugged on shirts that made us drool.

Obviously I have so many memories of this tour..not just memories really...FEELINGS. I still remember how I felt when I was anticipating the next song...."Run To Me" at the end of the stage..."This is The Night" at the top corner...belting it for all it was worth! A surprise duet from time to time..Cherie anyone?? She was fabulous and a great opening act!

Yep..for me, this was the start of meeting friends that I will have for a lifetime. Couldn't wait to sit up and talk all night long on Instant messenger or three way calls. The real start to CELLCERTING!! I called Heater and Pamela several times. I wanted everyone here to be able to share in what I was experiencing!

What great FEELINGS those were. I really hope for the same feelings from Clay's next tour with HIS own music. He deserves to have it..he deserves the chance to show people what he has in him. He deserves new fans..more fans, younger fans, as well as older..more male fans and RADIO PLAY! I don't care if it is AC music/easy listening or he takes the more POP music direction. His VOICE deserves to be heard. In my opinion..it is that good. I am still a firm believer in Letting Clay be Clay. I will be "Back For More".

Lora
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 06:40:55 AM »

Lora! Thanks for the link to this thread at the OCD. I voted for the Solo Tour BECAUSE it was the first tour of Clay's where i was able to personally attend a concert for myself instead of relying on "clack" sent to me on DVDs or looking at tour pictures that were posted or reading mostly AWFUL critic reviews...

Despite the fact that i KNEW the pattern of the Solo tour since i attended the cell-certs, it was still great to see it play out in person. I loved that up from the floor space-ship kind of thing before he started "Where The Streets Have No Name"...and i remember the LOUD screams when he'd pull on his shirt, or look a certain way, AND when he sang that phrase "scratch my itch" during "Still the One" Laughing

This tour was ALSO where i met a few Claymaniacs and it feels just like it happened recently. I remember sitting in Lora's vehicle {how could i forget something like THAT???} and then waiting on the others to get to the venue so we could head off to the pre-party. The ones who i met during that day in Dayton were: Mancmom/Juli; Karen; Nicole; Caramel; and others for a split second...i think claylady was another one? I also met a Clayfan named KC who told me how much she liked my posts. Caramel was one of the ones who went up on stage with Clay during the concert! 

I remember i ate some mozerella cheese sticks and had some pop...others drank beer Laughing There was a raffle going on...my number wasn't called and neither was Lora's.

The Jukebox Tour, which i couldn't attend because of work, was the best at showcasing Clay tackling pop music from 50 years of music. I loved that tour...on the DVD i have, he hits the jukebox like Fonzie during the '50s segment decked out in a leather jacket and of course for me the highlight was seeing him play piano and SING "Mandy"

Just recently i was able to attend only my SECOND Clay concert...the Music Hall show in Cincinnati a few days after Thanksgiving. It was of course part of the current Joyful Noise '05 Tour. I loved it!!!

But, the bottom line is, the Solo tour will be my favorite because as stated earlier it marked the first time i saw Clay in person...singing the songs off MOAM and some of his pre-MOAM demo recordings. And then introducing MANY people to the song "You Were There", which is a wonderful song and the visual performance enhanced the lyrics. The Solo tour was also my favorite because it marked my first meetings with some Claymaniacs as i stated earlier!!

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
CLAYMATEFL
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 07:25:58 AM »

Hey Prissy:  I agree with you...Jukebox tour.
claytonsmyccf
UltimateFan

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 08:09:30 AM »

JBT... I had my first clay concert during it

~kimmy~ I saw clay 8-27
julie and JJ your our unique angels
FINALLY LEGAL!!!!
"... And they are funny mozzarella balls!"
Clays_Buddy
UltimateFan

Clay's Rear Admiral

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 08:26:09 AM »

I voted for the Jukebox tour.  I always enjoy seeing Clay in whatever type of program he is involved in, but this was my first at meeting so many members of my OCD family.  Experiencing it with them only compounded the feelings I have for each of them. 

If I had to vote which JNT  that I enjoyed more, it would be JNT2 hands down.

JNT 2005  Drool Drool Thud! Thud!
Official member of the RBT
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2005, 09:06:46 AM »

Thanks for the poll, Pamela!

I was torn between the Solo Tour, since it was my first Clay concert experience, and the JBT. I ultimately decided on the JBT. For me, the JBT had all of the elements we look for when we go to see Clay - good friends and a good-looking singer! Wink I think I can sum it up in a statement from my friend Ryan:

"Lindsay, you've met so many people you don't know who are your friends."

He couldn't have spoken truer words. Not only did I see an AWESOME concert three times, but I was able to spend time with people I had been conversing with here for several months. It just doesn't get any better than that.

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
ralncclayfan
Claynewbie

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2005, 09:13:38 AM »

Although I loved Jukebox Tour,  I voted for Solo tour !!  His big chance to prove he could
have a successful tour on his own.  Got to see him 3 times that year !! Not good seats,  but just to see him sing and have the crowd in his hands.  Clay proved he is a great entertainer as well in this tour.  Loved Jukebox tour too !! Did not get a chance to attend the Joyful Noise tour last year, but looking forward to 12/22/05, RBC center !!  YEA !!!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2005, 01:04:34 PM »

This Poll is like choosing between  two of your own children - how can we be asked to do that?!?   ROFLMAO, but I voted for the JukeBox Tour - he showed that he could sing anything (we already knew that, of course!), and that was the Tour when I met him!  Purple Banana

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2005, 01:55:25 PM »

I agree, this poll is a toughy!!   Paranoid

I ultimately was torn between the Solo Tour and the JBT.  I ended up choosing the JBT for many of the reasons that have been listed by other people.  I got to spend a lot of time with friends I had already met, got to meet some people that I hadn't had a chance to yet, got to see Clay perform some really fun and entertaining material and also got to see Clay display what he's all about, great singing and that wonderful, snarky personality. 

The Solo Tour for me was about a lot of the same things, but for me the JBT struck a chord and I am just enamored by it.  I LOVED it!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2005, 03:02:01 PM »

IT WAS DEFINITELY HARD TO PICK WHICH ONE- BECAUSE JNT2004 WAS BEAUTIFUL IN ITSELF- AND SHOWED THE LOVELY VOICE IN A RELIGIOUS ATMOSPHERE, AND HIS LOVE OF CHRISTMAS
I ALSO LOVED THE SOLO TOUR- BECAUSE IT SHOWED HOW MUCH CLAY HAD GROWN SINCE HE ACTUALLY RECORDED THE ALBUM- YOU COULD SEE HIM BLOSSOMING AS AN ENTERTAINER AND A CROWD PLEASER, AND ALL THE SONGS EXPANDED INTO SOMETHING MORE

BUT I ABSOLUTELY LOVED   THE JUKEBOX TOUR- IT SHOWED CLAYS VERSATILITY- IT SHOWED HIS VOICE CAN CHANGE ACCORDING TO THE SONG- IT GAVE US A GLIMPSE OF WHAT IS YET TO COME-AND I ADORED THE "STUMP THE BAND" SEGMENTS. EACH SONG WAS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT STYLE- AND HIS VOICE EBBED AND FLOWED AROUND THE LYRICS, PRESENTING US WITH HIS INTERPRETATION, YET ENABLING US TO SING ALONG WITH OLD FAMILIAR FAVORITES. CLAY ALSO LET GO AND DANCED A LITTLE- REVVED UP HIS SEXINESS IN BLACK LEATHER, AND INTERACTED MORE WITH THE AUDIENCE THAN EVER BEFORE.
AND WHEN HE GAVE US SAMPLES OF WHAT "MIGHT BE" ON THE ALBUM - ESPECIALLY BACK FOR MORE- IT GAVE US A HUNGER FOR FUTURE CLAY.
YES, FOR ME, THE JUKEBOX TOUR IS NUMBER ONE.!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
cjrmax
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2005, 04:38:41 PM »

The Jukebox Tour by a long shot for me!  Then the NAT and the IT and then JNT04 and then this present tour.  By far the JNT05 is my least favorite tour.

I am hoping my favorite will be the tour to support is amazing kick-ass new album coming out......... ???????????    Wink
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2005, 09:52:49 PM »

It's fun thinking back about each concert experience, isn't it?  It's kind of like therapy... Laughing
They all have a story.

I wasn't even going to go to the AI concert.  Ended up front row center for Clay's first concert in Raleigh.  The rest is history. Karma or divine providence?  You decide! Laughing

Independent tour - first show in Charlotte - first Kyrie entrance - Clay walked within two feet of me, Sundancer and Moonshot.  *gah!*  Plus, he sang "Fields of Gold" which was incredible.  Then, there was a little song by Prince that sort of blew everyone away... 

Solo tour - the whole Carolina 3fer + Greenville - meeting new friends from all over the country! in Raleigh for the state fair shows and the road trip to PA to Musikfest.   

The controversial JNT04 in Raleigh - seeing Clay sit on the edge of the stage and sing to his grandparents.  Yeah, I cried. What.  I cried to Invisible at Musikfest last year!  What.a.SAP!!  It's his fault.

Jukebox revealed so much of what we already knew about Clay - he can sing anything. Any.thing! And once again, the good times on the road and in Raleigh with so many old and new friends!  Fabulous and fantastic.  And maybe the very best of the JBT for me?  Hearing Clay sing those NEW SONGS!!

Now, I'm looking forward to JNT05, traveling, seeing old friends and meeting Deanna!  Finally!  Wink  Seeing Clay's first venture into conceiving a full production with dialogue.  A new experience!  Can't wait.

It was difficult to decide... I loved the Jukebox tour, it was incredible!! But, I voted for the Solo Tour.  It held everything that makes me warm and fuzzy.  Clay's first solo adventure... traveling to see friends... the ultimate show in Charlotte - the NC State Fair double shot.  Mostly his own music.  I think it was the best so far.  Sublime.

Everything else is tied for second.

So far.
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2005, 01:56:40 AM »

I voted for the Solo Tour.  (I didn't get a chance to see the JBT).  But the reason I voted for the Solo Tour was that Clay actually came to Maine for that one.  Purple Banana And he was touring in support of his CD. Wink

I, too, am looking forward to seeing the JNT2 concert.  I am going to get to meet Pamela, Gwenn, Christie and Micki and spend time with Susy again.  I went to the solo tour with my family, which made it special, but there is just something about going to a concert with other Claymaniacs that make it more special. Hug

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2005, 11:17:29 AM »

THERE IS NO QUESTION.  THE JBT WAS THE BEST.  CLAY NEVER LOOKED BETTER THAN HE DID AT WT.  THE ENTIRE CONCERT WAS SO MUCH FUN.  I COULD STILL SEE IT AGAIN AND I SAW IT 7 TIMES.

SOLO TOUR IS #2.  I LOVED MEETING THE NC GIRLS.  I LOVED THE PARTY AT MY HOUSE AND MEETING SO MANY OTHERS.  AND THERE IS NO WAY TO DESCRIBE THE FUN OF THE NC 3FER.

THE IT HOLDS SOME VERY SPECIAL MOMENTS FOR ME.  MY EYEF*CK WILL NEVER BE DUPLICATED.  I CAN STILL FEEL IT.  FIRST TIME TRAVELING FOR CLAY.  FALLING DEEPLY IN LOVE WITH THIS HOT MAN.  (WELL, I STILL LOVE BARRY MOST.)

EVEN THE JNT 1 AND 2 HAVE SOME SPECIAL MOMENTS.  HEARING CLAY IN BALTIMORE IN THAT SPECTACULAR VENUE WAS INCREDIBLE.  AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVED CLAY'S VOICE SATURDAY NIGHT IN NYC.

BUT THE JBT IS LONG AND ABOVE THE BEST OF MR. AIKEN.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2005, 01:54:18 PM »

Again, this is a very difficult one for me, but I'm going to say the Jukebox Tour.  It was, by far, the most fun concert for me.  Like Gwenn, I could see it another 10 times and not tire of it.  My second choice would be the Solo Tour and the NC 3fer.  That was the best weekend ever!  But, in honesty, they all hold a special meaning for me.  The AI Tour I saw my first live glimps of what Clay would become.  The IT brought that hot WDC dance (which got even hotter during JBT!) and my first up close and personal look at Clay (first row in Phila.)  Both JNT concerts show  Clay's spiritually which is a very real part of him. 

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
songbird457
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2005, 09:10:46 PM »

Solo tour -
I travelled to Texas and met so many maniacs and then went to Fort Wayne, IN and met more maniacs. While in TX I got to stay with Houstonclayfan and meet her hubby and her pets (long before the babies were born). It was just such a fun summer - I felt so free - I also went to Clio, MI and met (yes) more Maniacs!!

A close second would be the Independent Tour since it was my first Clay experience and Houstonclayfan and I met when Colleen came to Detroit.  Purple Banana

Then I'd say after that would be JBT and then JNT I (can't include JNTII since I didn't get to one).
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx