gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:13:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 309
Total: 309

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Poll
Question: Which one of these singers would you like to see take Jacob's place??
Rickey Smith - 6 (8.2%)
Anwar Robinson - 10 (13.7%)
Judd Harris - 0 (0%)
Anthony Federov - 6 (8.2%)
George Huff - 4 (5.5%)
John Stevens - 3 (4.1%)
None of the above.  Clay does not need another backup singer. - 44 (60.3%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: POLL: New Backup Singer  (Read 8929 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: November 20, 2005, 09:40:02 AM »

I have seen alot of discussion this weekend about Jacob's departure from the Joyful Noise Tour.

I think most of us are feeling quite sad about the whole affair.

I decided it was time for a little fun!! 

In case you may not be aware, Quiana Parlor had auditioned for American Idol, also.  This made me think that maybe Clay could replace Jacob with someone else from AI. Wink

So, which one would you choose???? and why??? 

Let the fun begin!!!!!!!!  Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!!

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 09:43:09 AM »

While I like some of the above, I just cannot see any of them doing backup on this tour.
I actually think, from watching downloads of last night, that they are doing fine without the fourth singer.

But it will be fun to see others opinions!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 09:51:23 AM »

I have a hard time imagining anyone replacing Jacob.  (What a crybaby I am.) 

And I think Anthony Fedorov is good enough, especially on stage, to have his own solo career if he gets good management.  But I chose him because ...

Well ...

He's  hot!   ROFLMAO  Especially live!

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Rayline
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 09:53:56 AM »

I think Clay should choose one of us hussies.  Laughing
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 09:55:26 AM »

ROFL!

Not Worthy Not Worthy Not Worthy Not Worthy Not Worthy

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

Rayline
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 09:57:35 AM »

No singer would be more grateful than one of us. And he could give the chosen one a few private singing lessons.  Thud!
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 10:36:46 AM »

Geesh, Ms. Marilyn, you made me edit myself. Laughing

I did this poll to have some fun, but I am all for getting to the true mind of the voter, so I added another option. Wink

My vote is for Rickey Smith.  I think he has a great voice and wonderful personality.  And I know he got along well with Clay.

But, I also think he had a rough childhood, so I would love to see him do well.

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 10:43:38 AM »

I'm with Lady C... I would like to see Anthony.. Only because I saw him on the Idol tour and he was fabulous... Much better then he was on television.. I'm not sure how he would blend with Clay and the rest of their voices  but It would be for my own selfish reasons..  Wink

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 10:49:13 AM »

While I agree Anthony is good, he has constantly been compared to Clay and it might be something that would prevent his true acceptance as a backup singer. I think he would prefer to make it on his own- but thats my humble opinion!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 10:53:46 AM »

I VOTED FOR ANWAR CAUSE I THINK HE IS ADORABLE AND I LOVE HIS VOICE.  I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM ON STAGE WITH CLAY.  HE SEEMS LIKE A GOOD GUY.  BESIDES, HE IS A MIDDLE SCHOOL TEACHER LIKE I AM.  THERE ISN'T A MUCH MORE DIFFICULT JOB THAN THAT.  GIVE THE KID A BREAK.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
hotwaxonclay
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2005, 12:55:10 PM »

I love A-Fed...so I choose him. He is our sacrifice.

Did you folks know that Rickey at one point was Ruben's back up singer?

If you watch a video of Ruben on MAdTv, its Rickey...at least it looks a heck of a lot like him...and you can hear his high voice.

Bu yes my vote's for A-Fed...even if he is compared to Clay...HAHA ....I jsut thought of something...

If it hasn't been thought of...might have been...but...

Clay-Fed....HAHA ROFLMAO... Paranoid
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2005, 01:12:39 PM »

Who is Judd Harris?  (Insert embarrassment emoticon).

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2005, 03:10:50 PM »

But can any of you sing baritone?  Because Jacob sang baritone as far as I can tell! Laughing 
Start smoking lots of ciggies.  JUST KIDDING!!!

I'll be honest - I enjoyed Jacob's harmonies with Clay.  Their voices sounded really good together in my opinion.  Otherwise, I wish him luck and all that. 

So, if there were any replacement, I would prefer someone who could sing the lower sound harmonies.  I love Rickey Smith....but he's no baritone.  He did study opera though, if I recall correctly.

quynn, I think he was in the top 32 on AI3.  There is a video of him singing with Billy Joel in the AI forum.  He is quite good.

But.... it's one thing to be able to sing baritone harmony with Clay; it's another altogether to actually want to do it.  If you get my drift.

I don't think Clay needs another backup singer.  Heck, I don't think he needs anything on that stage but a spot and a mic.  But I do think the arrangements of the songs being used call for one.

So..............

If I keep waffling long enough, maybe I'll talk myself into someone.  I'll have to get back with you.

Great poll Deanna!
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2005, 03:46:20 PM »

He's the little cutie from last year that Ryan cut in such a cruel way.  Remember?  He told everyone on the sofa to just relax, which was where Judd was sitting, and had a bunch of the guys stand up.  He went through them one by one and did his dramamtic, "You are ... safe."

Then he got to the last one, which I think was Bo Bice (THUD), and Ryan suddenly turned to the sofa and said, "Judd, you're out."

People were TICKED because it was really mean.  But I'm sure it was scripted and not Ryan's choice.  Carrie Underwood looked like she was going to fall off her chair.

He's a cute guy.  I liked him.

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2005, 03:48:12 PM »

But can any of you sing baritone?  Because Jacob sang baritone as far as I can tell! Laughing 
Start smoking lots of ciggies.  JUST KIDDING!!!

Oh, we have to SING?  LOL  I was just all in it for the Backing Him Up part.  I had other ideas as to what that meant entirely.    

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

cjrmax
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2005, 04:09:26 PM »

There wasn't a choice for me to vote on!  I would have voted none of the above but NOT that he doesn't need another back-up singer.  I DO think he needs another male back-up singer, just not ANY of the ones listed.

And if John Stevens came aboard I might just have to kill someone......
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2005, 04:30:24 PM »

I VOTED FOR ANWAR CAUSE I THINK HE IS ADORABLE AND I LOVE HIS VOICE.  I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM ON STAGE WITH CLAY.  HE SEEMS LIKE A GOOD GUY.  BESIDES, HE IS A MIDDLE SCHOOL TEACHER LIKE I AM.  THERE ISN'T A MUCH MORE DIFFICULT JOB THAN THAT.  GIVE THE KID A BREAK.

GWENN

My exact reasons for picking Anwar

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2005, 08:30:56 PM »

I am holding out for "Special Guest" Ruben Studdard...but only, of course, for this tour. He has the Gospel background...and certainly can sing the low tones. I will always love "Jesus is Love"- the two of them together- that song packed a punch.

My second choice, for an all female backup group..is Jennifer Hudson...that girl can go low and would seem to be a good fit.

Now..this isn't to say that these folks are BACK UP singers...just that for this tour...it would be pretty cool to re-unite.

I would not necessarily say Quiana nor Angela were ONLY back-up singers either. They are both extremely good at what they do.

If schedules don't conflict...and any of those folks could use some extra cash as a paycheck...why not?? I would look forward to seeing them.

Clay doesn't need the extra voice - no- BUT for harmonies sake, it is a great addition to bring out the depth of these songs.

Lora
houstonclayfan
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2005, 06:41:14 AM »

There wasn't a choice for me to vote on!  I would have voted none of the above but NOT that he doesn't need another back-up singer.  I DO think he needs another male back-up singer, just not ANY of the ones listed.

And if John Stevens came aboard I might just have to kill someone......

I agree 100% with Christie!  Clay obviously does very well on his own, but a male back-up singer enhances his voice even more.

However, if he knows what is best for his career, he WON'T pick someone associated with AI!  Isn't he trying to get away from that connection ?  Hiring someone from that show will just further tie him to the show!
TaikenByClayton18
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2005, 06:51:36 AM »

As much as I would LOVE to see Anthony or Anwar as Clay's next back-up singer, I don't think Clay really needs one 'cause by what I have read, he can make it on his own without Jacob and plus hiring someone from AI would make it really difficult for him to breakaway from the show (although I really liked Jacob and it will be strange not seeing him on tour with Clay from now on).Ωß
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx