gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:10:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 170
Total: 170

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Poll
Question: When do you think the next CD will be released.
January 2006 - 7 (9.9%)
February 2006 - 11 (15.5%)
March 2006 - 33 (46.5%)
April 2006 - 9 (12.7%)
May 2006 - 5 (7%)
Later than these dates - 6 (8.5%)
Total Voters: 48

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: POLL: Clay's Next Album "CD3"  (Read 7531 times)
playingclay
Claymaniac

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2005, 10:19:14 PM »

I voted March as well.

I think Back For More would be the perfect title as well.

I hope that they release it as his first single.

I hope that  they do a good job on promotion and don't do anything to screw it up cause Clay will be doing everything that he can.

Love my clayshake---warm milk and a couple of scoops of vanilla icecream....especially at bedtime.
Keeper of the wind to blow the shirts up.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2005, 11:19:24 PM »

After much thought, I have come to the following conclusions.

-March 2006 would be 1000 days and 1000 nights since the AI finale
-All our tears over that finale have finally run dry
-After all the angst and drama over radio play, Grammy awards and attempted manipulation by the media,
 we are back for more

What.

I first chose March, then changed my mind and chose April. But when all is said and done, I think I'll go with May.

Because Clay knows it will take us that long to save up again so we can afford to buy 123 CDs each.  With only 5000 fans, it will take all of us buying that many CDs to insure first week sales of over 613,000.

Of course I'm being silly.  I do choose May though. 
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2005, 04:50:22 AM »

OMG, PAMELA.  I HOPE YOU ARE WRONG.

BUT, WITH JF(L) RUNNING AROUND ON THAT TOUR BUS, SHE MAY NEVER GET THE DAMN THING OUT.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2005, 06:03:25 AM »

-After all the angst and drama over radio play, Grammy awards and attempted manipulation by the media,
 we are back for more

What.

I first chose March, then changed my mind and chose April. But when all is said and done, I think I'll go with May.

Because Clay knows it will take us that long to save up again so we can afford to buy 123 CDs each.  With only 5000 fans, it will take all of us buying that many CDs to insure first week sales of over 613,000.
=================================
Laughing Laughing 1000 days and 1000 nights. That phrase reminds me of Arabia...and Arabia reminds me of Aladdin...and Aladdin reminds me of "Proud of Your Boy" and THAT reminds me of Clay...

I talked about this fan subject over in CHARTING THE WATERS, too! I think the "5000 fan" comment was a joke based on the reputation many Clayfans have of travelling all over the country for a concert...or travelling 2 or 3 states away for a concert.

There's no way i bought 123 CD's of MOAM Laughing I only bought ONE copy...and the other copy i have was sent to me by Lindsay {wvclayfan} because "Solitaire" had been put on the CD as a bonus cut instead of "This is the Night" and that new version wasn't available around here at the time...i WISH i had the Singapore version of MOAM because it has a better CD cover in my opinion.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
mainer
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2005, 06:21:59 AM »

I chose February, because I think a Valentine's Day tie-in would be terrific.  I remember thinking, the Feb after MOM came out, that they should do a single with "The Way" and something else for Valentine's Day -- and also a video.  If there had been Valentine's Day hype around it, it might have done better than it did.  But timing is so important -- I doubt it will happen -- as magazine promos ("what to get her/him for Valentine's Day") would have to be arranged for now, at the latest...

My second guess is April -- a great month for starting things (like tours) -- especailly latter April after tax day.  This is my Birthday month, so I have always seen it as a month of new begninngs.

****But it is important that Clay perform on American Idol, before that huge TV audience, early enough so that there are still many contestants and he isn't competing with new front-runners, on whom fans are already hardening their loyaties.  Remember when Kelly performed on AI2?  I hadn't even heard of her before that -- and there are plenty of AI fans who came in for the first time in AI3 & 4, and who don't really know Clay.  I know that Clay's relationship with AI has been redefined, legally -- but this would provide a great intro -- and he could perform a month or so earlier than the CD actually came out.****

Instead of speculating when, what if we consulted our Claymanics astro girl on what she sees as the most propicious time!  Stellium, where are you????
Rayline
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2005, 06:40:16 AM »

we are back for more

What.

That's hilarious. I bought two CDs of MOAM. But one of them was the special edition! So that doesn't count! Right?  Paranoid

May. That's too far away!

I like the bit about 1000 days and nights. You sure put a lot of thought into that, didn't you? Wow.

Boomer Aries
Clayamateur

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2005, 07:49:28 AM »

I chose March 2006 because it's the end of the first quarter and I hope Clay's new CD is released by then.  If not, April or May sounds good.  Like many of you, I think the album title should be "Back for More."
cjrmax
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2005, 11:40:52 AM »

we are back for more

What.

ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

In all seriousness.... I chose April, and I think LATE April.  January is out because for a January release I think his first single would have impacted by now, or would soon, and we would have heard more about it by now.  I also don't think a single impacting in December is wise because on many stations it would get lost amongst the Christmas music.  I think February is out because again the single would probably have to impact before Christmas, plus most of February will be Olympics with shows like the Today show coming from Italy and the Tonight Show bumped to a later time to accommodate Olympic coverage.  Assuming Clay isn't misleading us by saying they haven't yet picked the songs, I think early March is also out. The earliest I think it is even conceivable would be late March, but even that seems unlikely because the first single would have to come out pretty soon after the new year and if they haven't yet picked the songs (or the theme...  What theme???) that doesn't seem likely.  April seems more likely.  Late April would make the most sense because the first single would probably hit the radio (ha!) in late February or early March, giving them plenty of time to finalize song selection etc. after this tour ends.   Also, by getting the album out in LATE April, he can take advantage of May sweeps on TV for promotion and, as much as I hate to say this, if he wants, he can take advantage of AI as it winds down to the final few.   The album would then be fresh off promotion in time for a summer tour.

And by the way, I mean April 2006 - although 2007 isn't out of the question!  Laughing
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2005, 01:09:47 PM »

What CD?  Clay's recording another CD?  Laughing

Seriously, I think March as a release date, and Back for More as a title.

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
cjrmax
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2005, 01:53:04 PM »

What CD?  Clay's recording another CD?  Laughing

Seriously, I think March as a release date, and Back for More as a title.
You're assuming Back for More will even be on the CD!  That was at least 500 songs ago!  He's probably already forgotten the lyrics!  Laughing
songbird457
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2005, 07:31:14 PM »

I chose March - not sure why - it just sounded like a nice round month. ANd it will be the perfect time to heal us from winter blahs - and to make sure our pocketbooks/ checkbooks/ credit cards/ debits etc are in somewhat of a positive check so we can buy 50 cd's each.

So yeah. March would be nice - but I suppose I can be patient w/ clay.... Laughing

I love "back for more". It is so fitting on so many levels, like so many have said - and now he is back home in Raleigh - so he's "back for more" in so many ways.

Of course, Clay could throw us for a loop and totally suprise us - w/ the release and the title and contents etc.

All I know is taht I can't wait until we can countdown for the new album and then eagerly wait to hear about the next tour!!
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2005, 02:01:55 PM »

I chose March because it popped into my head!  After giving it some serious thought though, it may be closer to May.  Summer tour and all. Better traveling weather for his loyal fans. And that works good for me! I really don't care as long as it's within the next six months. I would like to see "Back For More" as the title as well. Just seems fitting! Like a good pair of black leather pants! 

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
Clayhottiefan007
Enthusiastic

Brett and Clay's Lil Freshman College TCC Girl!!!

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2005, 09:29:33 PM »

i chose Jan. because i want it to come out badly!!!

love Kat Huggles

Kat. Huggles
DHS Class of '09
In loving memory of Debi <3
Got Clayed on 7/7/07 in Tulsa
TCC Class of '12
Be Smart and be ABOVE THE INFLUENCE and NOT UNDER
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx