gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:35:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 328
Total: 328

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Poll
Question: POLL:  What is your favorite Clay duet (male)?
Ain't No Stoppin Us Now w/Ruben
End of the Road w/Jacob
Reunited w/Jimmy Kimmel
Jesus is Love w/Ruben
Fields of Gold w/Jacob
Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth w/Bing (through the magic of television!)
What the World Needs Now w/Ruben & Rickey (trio...I know!)

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: POLL: What is your favorite Clay duet (male)?  (Read 5152 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: November 10, 2005, 07:45:26 PM »

We've already voted on our favorite Clay duet with a female - the winner was "Without You" with Kimberley Locke!

Now, let's vote on which male voice and song was our favorite duet with Clay.  We went back to AI days and shortly after with a couple of duets with Ruben, and we cheated by adding the trio of Ruben, Rickey and Clay when they sang together on the special version of "What the World Needs Now." 

If you haven't heard it, let me know and I'll try to scare it up for you.

I had to include the magical performance with Bing (vicariously) from the Nick at Nite Christmas special - I know you remember that one!  If not, I know you at least remember the snazzy tux!  I believe that was Clay's first acting job actually...hmm.  Since then he's had his own special on NBC and now a full blown production in JNT05.  What a difference a couple of years make!

And of course, the (in)famous duet with Jimmy K - "Reunited" which, if you blinked, you may have missed it.

But that's probably OK.  Wink

Ready, set, vote!

woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 07:58:08 PM »

OH, my goodness.....I LOVE Fields of Gold AND the duet with Bing!!!!!!

I had to go with Fields of Gold.  The harmonies on that one make me melt.............. Thud!

I think I have to go listen to it now!!!!!   Wink
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 08:03:01 PM »

I picked Fields of Gold (with Jacob).    I love giving my opinion.   After all of the dust settled after the Independent Tour and we had a chance to see volumes of Clack, FOG just always seemed special in a quiet way.

Pamela, the trio of "What the World Needs Now"  - - -  please, scare it up, if possible.  

Thanks  . . .(humming  . . . . . as we walk through fields of gold . .)

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 08:57:59 PM »

I like them all, but I picked "Ain't No Stopping Us Now" because I love to look back at the American Idol  2 Performances - all of the finalists were really good, and they all seemed to really like each other. Clay and Ruben seem so happy when they sing this song - both at the very brink of their careers. It just makes me happy to watch that DVD.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 02:51:31 AM »

Hands down for me...w/ Bing...it's amazing how similar in looks they are in this video.

(cool poll BTW Miss P)

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 04:48:45 AM »

I picked the duet with Bing also.  There is just something about that song that tugs at my heart strings.  Clay is gorgeous in that tux and he sings with very little musical background.  I love that one!!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 05:29:50 AM »

After reading this thread again this morning, I had to go listen to Fields of Gold.   Thud!  I am now a puddle of goo on the floor.  Will someone please come pick me up so I can go to work???  Smack
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 10:03:21 AM »

I, too, picked the duet with Bing.  I remember watching that and being totally amazed at how much they resembled one another, and how incredible it sounded!  Hey, maybe Clay will include this song for JNT3!!!!

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
ILClaymate
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005, 10:07:34 AM »

I also had to pick the duet with Bing!  I loved that arrangement.  *runs off to find that cd!*
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2005, 12:46:33 PM »

Here is a YouSendIt link for the version of What the World Needs Now with Clay, Ruben and Rickey.  Left click then follow instructions to download.

Even if it's not your favorite, I'm interested in what you think.  It seems a lot of people have never heard it!

What the World Needs Now...is Love Sweet Love

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2005, 01:19:20 PM »

I chose Jesus is Love with Ruben.

I have many reasons why that is my favorite.

First of all, as Clay said himself, that was his "audition" in front of the music industry.  And what better way to audition than to showcase his wonderful ability to hold a note forever and to show his range and projection abilty.

Their duet was the only standing ovation that night at the AMAs even though there were lots and lots of big name stars performing.  Even Dick Clark was shown gushing over their performance after rehearsals prior to the show.

The next day on GMA, they showed a clip of Clay and Ruben singing this song.  Diane Sawyer's cohost said, "We would show you how long Clay held that note but our show is only an hour." Wink  And then Diane said, "Awesome, awesome!!" and she looked ooooh so fangirly.  I just loved it!!

And it was also the duet with the Black Leather Pants  Laughing

It was also the night that Clay won his first big music award.

Blah blah blah Blah blah blah Blah blah blah I guess I am trying to say that I really loved how Clay and Ruben dared to be different that night!!
How many new artists would even dare sing a "religious" song at the AMAs and in front of the man who recorded it??(Lionel Ritchie)

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
cjrmax
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2005, 01:42:04 PM »

I chose Jesus is Love with Ruben.

I have many reasons why that is my favorite.

First of all, as Clay said himself, that was his "audition" in front of the music industry.  And what better way to audition than to showcase his wonderful ability to hold a note forever and to show his range and projection abilty.

Their duet was the only standing ovation that night at the AMAs even though there were lots and lots of big name stars performing.  Even Dick Clark was shown gushing over their performance after rehearsals prior to the show.

The next day on GMA, they showed a clip of Clay and Ruben singing this song.  Diane Sawyer's cohost said, "We would show you how long Clay held that note but our show is only an hour." Wink  And then Diane said, "Awesome, awesome!!" and she looked ooooh so fangirly.  I just loved it!!

And it was also the duet with the Black Leather Pants  Laughing

It was also the night that Clay won his first big music award.

Blah blah blah Blah blah blah Blah blah blah I guess I am trying to say that I really loved how Clay and Ruben dared to be different that night!!
How many new artists would even dare sing a "religious" song at the AMAs and in front of the man who recorded it??(Lionel Ritchie)
Deanna, you took the words right out of my mouth!!

I also love the trio performance of WTWNN.  I have to say, I have always loved Clay and Ruben singing together.  Their voices blend beautifully.
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2005, 02:59:55 PM »

I am so in love with the performance of Jesus is Love, I watch it often, and Deanna, you echo my sentiments so well, I was so proud of him that night, and love the way he looked at Rueben with true friendship in his eyes that night!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2005, 05:00:16 PM »

I REALLY LIKED "JESUS IS LOVE"- LOVED THE GLORY NOTE

BUT MY ULTIMATE FAVORITE HAS TO BE THE DUET WITH BING. JUST LISTEN TO CLAYS VOICE- THE QUALITY, THE RESONANCE- AND LOOK AT THAT BEAUTIFUL FACE SINGING THE SONG- I PLAYED THIS SONG FREQUENTLY LAST YEAR- EVEN BEFORE MCWL WAS RELEASED.

ITS EXQUISITE...................TRULY

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005, 03:22:34 PM »

That's a tough one!

I loved Ain't No Stopping Us Now with Ruben.  The singing, the dancing ... it was too cute.

But Jacob gets yummier every time I see him!  And Fields of Gold ... well, I had to go with that one.

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2005, 06:18:27 PM »

Jesus Is Love.

Hands down for me.....the others are good...some are really good but those men blew the roof off that place that night and I was shocked and amazed!

It was a first look of Clay outside the "comfy confines" of AI that I had witnessed and I was so very hooked.

The harmony between those two and the length of those notes, not to mention the air behind those notes!! BIG FAT WOW for me....

He looked FANTASTIC that night too....I could have just swooped him up and put him in my pocket..never to let him go.

It was amazing for me.

Lora
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2005, 06:18:46 AM »

I chose "Jesus is Love" because it is where Clay was really showcased to the people in the music business. I just love to listen to that song.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx