gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:52:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 265
Total: 265

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Poll
Question: POLL:  Are you a Watcher or a Waiter?
I'm downloading but not watching.
I'm downloading and watching 24/7/365!
I'm not downloading, I'm waiting for the real thing!

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: POLL: Are you a Watcher or a Waiter?  (Read 10442 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: November 07, 2005, 07:24:51 PM »

If you are not fortunate enough to be able to attend a Joyful Noise show, I can imagine you are downloading audio and video like a mad fangirl/guy.

But....if you ARE fortunate enough to be able to attend a Joyful Noise show, what then?

Are you downloading every tidbit, every morsel, every crumb of clack?

Or are you abstaining....staying strong....willing yourself to wait?

Because as you know, it really is much more special to wait.

Smile

Vote!  And then confess!!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 07:36:53 PM »

I AM A GLUTTON- I DOWNLOAD IT ALL, WATCH IT ALL, AND WILL STILL ENJOY ALL THE CONCERTS.

I CANNOT STOP WATCHING THAT FACE- WITH ALL THE EMOTIONS RUNNING ACROSS IT-AND THE JOY EMANATING FROM IT- THE PRIDE IN HIS "FAMILY"- THE MAGNIFICENT VOICE

HE IS SPECIAL ANYWAY-NOW OR LATER

AND I LOVE HIM

HE MAKES ME HAPPY!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 07:47:57 PM »

I must confess...I'm weak...I've downloaded and watched!

But you know what...it's been wonderful, so I have no regrets about seeing some clack.  Plus, I have well over a month to wait to see the real thing!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
BOZENA
Enthusiastic

CLAYS POLISH PRINCESS

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 08:34:50 PM »

I DOWNLOAD AND WATCH
THIS PREPARES ME FOR THE LIVE SHOW
THIS WAY I KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT
AND I DON'T MISS ANY DETAILS

Clay.'s voice is beautiful
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 08:38:37 PM »

I chose, "I'm not downloading, I'm waiting for the real thing," but I must explain.

I've listened to the entire concert via a cellstream, but you can't get the full effect that way. The only thing I've downloaded, and will download until after Youngstown, is Oh Holy Night. I just melt when I hear him sing that song, so I couldn't wait to see the video. I did, however, fast forward through the vignette at the beginning.

So, what does that make me? Laughing Maybe it can be my new title when I figure it out. Wink

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 08:45:01 PM »

I am not downloading or watching because I would like to be surprised, but just being on the site, it's hard not to know some of what's in the concert.

I am also not adept at downloading.  Sometimes I can do it;  most times, I cannot.  So........after most of Clay's concerts, some kind soul will send me a DVD that she has made. Super Happy!!!  (I have been to one or more concerts of every tour.)

Someone is sending me a CD of the Christmas songs, so I will be enjoying that before Christmas!! Super Happy!!!

Prissy

PS: Bozena does make a point!  She knows what to expect and does not miss any details.

When you go to an opera, especially one in Italian, you  want to know what is happening or you will be lost throughout the performance.  Picture it:  Santa Fe,  1989  (No, I'm not Sophia from Golden Girls!!)  I was on a trip with two other ladies.  We were at the Santa Fe outdoor opera.  And I still remember us standing under a light during intermission quickly reading the summary of the story of the opera so we could tell what the heck was going on!!

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 08:53:17 PM »

I'm not downloading or listening to anything. I attended the first half of the first cell cert, and haven't attended one since. I have (how can you be here and not look) looked at some of the pictures  Thud! , but I'm really trying to stay away from concert information as much as possible. Last year when I saw Clay in Houston, I knew practically every word he was going to say before he said it - I want to have some suprises this time, as I did for the JBT this summer.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 08:56:43 PM »

When you go to an opera, especially one in Italian, you  want to know what is happening or you will be lost throughout the performance.  Picture it:  Santa Fe,  1989  (No, I'm not Sophia from Golden Girls!!)  I was on a trip with two other ladies.  We were at the Santa Fe outdoor opera.  And I still remember us standing under a light during intermission quickly reading the summary of the story of the opera so we could tell what the heck was going on!!

Maybe Clay should have included a playbill at his show that would give a little of the storyline. 

He should have known we would all be too gishy to pay attention to every little detail going on while he's on the stage as well... (see Muffy's post above!)

Smile

STLClaycrazy
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 09:54:43 PM »

I have only downloaded and watched Portland's CMH. Which I have played the hell out of.  We didn't listen to the 'play' part of the audio and soon I just switched to listening to the mp3 so technically - I haven't seen an entire download.   Lauren and are attending a ridiculous amount of concerts so we have made a Clack Abstinence Pact (CAP)  - we are refraining.  Or at least trying. Ha.
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2005, 09:59:28 PM »

I've only downloaded two things, well three, but two were the same thing, different color.  Are you all confused yet?   Anyway, my concert is Wednesday so I refuse to watch anything else until then.  If it were at the end of the tour, I'd watch!!!!
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2005, 02:31:26 AM »

IF I DIDN'T HAVE DIAL UP I THINK I WOULD HAVE DOWNLOADED EVERYTHING ON CLAY THAT I COULD. I HAVE NO CHOOSE I WILL HAVE TO WAIT & BE SURPRISED.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE CONCERT  .

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A WONDERFUL TIME!!

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2005, 03:09:30 AM »

I have downloaded some videos but have just watched a small amount of them. I want to be surprised.    I also have downloaded mp3's.. I have already made my cd.  I couldn't wait for that..

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2005, 03:11:21 AM »

I wanted to wait, but.....
I've downloaded a few songs.
Now I'll TRY to wait for the concert!

Deanna in PA
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2005, 05:18:17 AM »

I DOWNLOADED ONLY CMH FROM PORTLAND.  WATCHED IT TWICE.  I ALSO DOWNLOADED DSIAFCD JUST BECAUSE IT IS MY FAVORITE SONG ON THE CD.  THAT IS ALL.  I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW MUCH BEFORE I GO.  AND FOR SOME REASON, I AM NOT MINDING NOT WATCHING YET.  NO IDEA WHY.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2005, 05:33:42 AM »

AND FOR SOME REASON, I AM NOT MINDING NOT WATCHING YET.  NO IDEA WHY.

Gwenn, because it's m o r e  s p e c i a l  t o  w a i t ...!  Laughing

I haven't downloaded anything yet. eek!

I did see a video of Celebrate Me Home at a friend's house. Everyone else wanted to see it so who am I to spoil the fun?  Smile

It was i.n.c.r.e.d.i.b.l.e!!

But another reason is that my cranky old hard drive is slam full! 
I can't risk a hard drive crash...I would rather stick a spork in my eyes.

Audra, I love the C.A.P!!  Too funny!  Good luck with that by the way.   Paranoid
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2005, 07:53:47 AM »

I agree with Bozena. I want to be prepared and not miss anything. I'm bringing my video camera this time and I want to know what to tape and not to tape,( and hopefully my battery won't die  )

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2005, 08:06:32 AM »

I just listened to the whole Portland CD that I made.. I am very impressed and excited to see the show..  I got chills up and down my body listening to Clay sing.. The piano accompaniment was wonderful.. I can't wait to hear Michael  open..   Clapping Purple Banana   The biggest thing about this production for me is how much love that Clay put into it..  Watching this show is watching a piece of his heart and soul. 

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2005, 12:44:22 PM »

Being one of the fortunate one's who attended the second concert, I didn't have much time to cheat!  Laughing However I must confess. I WOULD have! I have every time, every concert. It really doesn't ruin it for me. I find that I enjoy knowing what to look for and it's interesting to know how others perceived it while watching it myself. It doesn't ruin it for me. I find that taking pictures does distract from watching, and I think especially this production. I didn't take any in Portland because even the tape didn't block out all the flash on my 35mm and I was in the second row, so I knew it would be distracting.  In Seattle I was busy trying to get a good shot of Clay at all times and so I would have missed the other things going on during that time had I not already seen the show before. So YES, I'm a watcher!  Wink And I will watch everything downloaded from now until the last concert. Woo Hoo!

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2005, 01:11:57 PM »

I've watched a few performances and am d/l for a DVD, but will await the  show at Hollywood I want to be surprised this time!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

ILClaymate
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2005, 01:24:02 PM »

I haven't downloaded anything and am waiting until my concert in 2 weeks.  I think it does make it more special to WAIT!  I have d/l all the mp3's and have only listened to the songs not the vignettes.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx