gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:51:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 413
Total: 413

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK OCT 28  (Read 6065 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: October 28, 2005, 04:17:32 AM »

wave Good Morning everyone!! wave
Sometimes change begins with something as simple as a concert ticket.

Clay Aiken brings a special magic to the stage, but the generosity of his fans takes that magic and reflects it out into the world.

Inspired by the Bubel/Aiken Foundation’s vision of inclusion, hundreds of you have joined with us to make a difference. Thanks to your support, we have been able to work with many wonderful organizations to bring a concert experience to individuals who otherwise would never have this opportunity.

Because of your generous donations, 2,602 tickets have been distributed so that individuals with and without disabilities could share the amazing experience of watching Clay perform live in concert!

When we raise our voices together...

we can make a difference, one concert ticket at a time.

THE WAY WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 04:18:59 AM »

Hot Music Tickets

CLAY AIKEN, 7:30 p.m. Nov. 15,Delta Center, SLC. $45-$65.Ticketmaster.

2STANDARD

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 04:21:42 AM »

Entertainment Calendar

Midland Theatre, Kansas City, Mo.: MOODY BLUES, 7:30 p.m. Nov. 3, $47.50-$57.50. Coming soon: JETHRO TULL, 8 p.m. Nov. 18, $38-$73; CLAY AIKEN, 8 p.m. Nov. 19, $57-$77; INXS, 8 p.m. Feb. 2, $35.50-$67.50. (816) 931-3330. www.ticketmaster.com

BAXTERBULLETIN

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 04:23:23 AM »

Ticket booth
Still available

Singer Clay Aiken brings the "Joyful Noise" tour to the Mid-America Center at 8 p.m. Nov. 18. Tickets are $42.50 to $59.50.

OMAHA.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 04:25:42 AM »

Here's a Hot Clip:

1IOTA

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 04:30:21 AM »

From the Broads:

VIGNETTES AT THE RANCH

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 04:31:45 AM »

Called "The Second Annual International Cool Survey," the poll covers all the basics — coolest couple, coolest guy celeb, coolest band, and coolest person to be stuck in an elevator with (that person being Clay Aiken), among other categories.

93X.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 04:34:30 AM »

Halloween for the lazy and broke
(snip)

Something I proved to be effective last year is a clever T-shirt. Using kinder wording than I did on the shirt, simply write something and a slang term for a part of the female anatomy. Preferably, choose something obscure that everybody can agree on. Favorites include Clay Aiken, Fall Out Boy and Swedish Prime Minister Göran Persson are all great ideas.

DAILYVIDETTE.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 04:36:08 AM »

Playing keyboards and guitar that'll give the audience the full Led Zeppelin feel is Paul Hammond. Not only is Hammond a professional musician, but he's also a producer/engineer, songwriter and owner of Fat City Studios in Blue Bell, Pa. He worked with former Hooters member Eric Bazilian on the Clay Aiken 2004 hit "Invisible."

PHOENIXVILLENEWS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 04:37:20 AM »

Reverend Horton Heat unwraps a psychobilly Christmas
October 26, 2005 11:42 AM
by Jim Harrington

Clay Aiken, the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and Brian Setzer should watch their backs. There's a newcomer looking to be crowned king of the holiday concert season, and his name is the Reverend Horton Heat

LIVEDAILY

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 04:40:46 AM »

Music Previews
Idol’s Aiken more than proud to be a mama’s boy
By deena cox

Clay Aiken talks like Dr. Phil, acts like Mister Rogers, and looks like Alfred E. Neuman. He’s the freckle-faced kid from Raleigh, North Carolina, who parlayed a loss on American Idol into a career belting out androgynous love songs, Broadway-style. He is the Barry Manilow of a new generation, adored by a growing army of Claymates and reviled by music critics everywhere. According to a Mike Usinger review of Aiken’s 2004 Xmas album, Merry Christmas With Love, he also bears a passing resemblance to Scut Farkus, the “über-hideous” bully from the cult-classic movie A Christmas Story. In that review, Usinger suggests one way to make the horrendous collection of holiday songs more palatable would be the “mental image of Ralphie Parker taking out Aiken’s eye with a geniune Red Ryder 200-shot Carbine Action Air Rifle”. When told about the write-up, Aiken lowers his annoyingly upbeat facade for just a moment to go Donald Trump on Usinger’s ass, questioning his reputation and suggesting he be fired for taking pot shots at an album that clearly should command the respect of all mankind.

In a conversation punctuated with outbursts of maniacal laughter, rhetorical questions, and more sloppy gushes than a Slurpee machine, Aiken, 27, is clearly most comfortable chatting about his being named the world’s most-beloved reality television star by TV Guide. Or how he’s cast his Grade 9 choir teacher in one of the lead roles in the theatrical component of his upcoming Joyful Noise tour. He’s not terribly interested in talking about music, however. With no new original songs since his post-Idol debut effort, Measure of a Man (2003), Aiken seems unconcerned about milking Merry Christmas With Love for another holiday-season tour.

“Well, we did the Christmas album last year, so why would we do another one?” he quips, on the phone from tour rehearsals in Los Angeles. “We can’t do a new Christmas album every year now, can we? It’s Christmas. Christmas doesn’t change every year, does it? It’s always on the same day—at least it is here in the U.S.”

Claymaniacs will most certainly ensure this tour, which kicks off at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre on Wednesday (November 2), will sell out city after city. After all, they seem more taken by Aiken’s twitchy left eye and over-the-top stage presence than his musical chops. Seas of fans swinging, swaying, and screaming as he belts out saccharine versions of “Joy to the World” and “Winter Wonderland” are a residual perk of Aiken entering the industry via a show that is as focused on the personalities of its contestants as it is on their talent, or lack thereof. His continuing success can be attributed to the millions of American Idol votes cast by lonely housewives who saw Aiken as the scrawny little good guy who deserved a break. He could rap about dead puppies and earthworm-flavoured ice-cream while playing a banjo with his dong and these same people would still buy his records and go to his gigs. Aiken is grateful for their unwavering encouragement.

“I could probably sit here and talk to you for an hour and a half about how fortunate I feel, but [my fans], without a doubt, are my favourite thing,” confesses Aiken, who recently started his own foundation to assist kids with developmental disabilities, and currently serves as a UNICEF celebrity ambassador. “They are extremely supportive and sometimes they think they’re my mamas. I get letters saying ‘I’m worried you’re not eating enough, are you getting enough sleep?’ But that’s sort of flattering, too, because it shows how much they care. I can’t complain.”

STRAIGHT.COM 

*ETA:  Please do NOT click the above link to give them extra hits.  Also, this writer is KNOWN to write articles like this in order to generate hateful responses on purpose.  Please DO not email her or contact her.  She will use it in another hateful article.  Thanks - clandy

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 04:44:08 AM »

Here's a link to watch the interview from KTLA:

KTLA

Clay "is" the "News"
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 05:13:04 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA.  SURE MISSING OUR JAYNE.  HOPEFULLY SHE WILL BE BACK BEFORE WE KNOW IT.  THANKS FOR THE NEWS AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.

HUGS
RAINEY
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 05:38:31 AM »

Please join us for some weekend fun:

CLAYMANIACS TRIVIA CONTEST

Clay "is" the "News"
ILClaymate
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 06:29:58 AM »

Here's a link to watch the interview from KTLA:

KTLA

Posted by kellykellyk at CV:

Sites keep track of which stories get more hits. They see it as an indication of viewer interest in those subjects, and stories that get a lot of hits are more likely to be featured again than stories that get few hits.

So even if you already downloaded the interview, please go to the KTLA site and watch it there. Clay's interview is the first one in the the box labeled "entertainment."
ILClaymate
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2005, 06:36:27 AM »

Reality Check: Is “American Idol” really worth it for contestants?
Michael McManus
October 28, 2005

There's one television show that holds a special place in a many reality fans' hearts. Schedules are adjusted, phones get unplugged, and meals are skipped, solely to watch the one show that dominates in reality television: "American Idol."

The concept seems too good to be true. Audition, sing, and if you're good enough, win a million dollar contract and the love of thousands of fans.

Former "Idol" contestants such as Kelly Clarkson, Fantasia Barrino, Clay Aiken, and Carrie Underwood did just that.
<snip>

UNOGATEWAY
ILClaymate
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2005, 06:43:13 AM »

Ms Marmalade at the CH:

Here is an e-mail that I just received from my House of Blues contact:

Hi,

Got interviews with Clay going in the Oregonian, Portland Tribune,
Register Guard, Eugene Weekly, Tacoma News Tribune and the Seattle P-I
(might get bumped for Paul McCartney, though).

We're also doing an online $5.00 discount with Ticketmaster on Portland
and Seattle tickets. The Hult Center is on its own ticketing system, so
they are excluded.

Was not able to get Clay on TV (but maybe the publicist did), but he
will be on some radio shows. Not sure which yet as our radio guy is
working on 'em.

Thanks for all your support -- we're doing a full-court press now.
Cross your fingers!

Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2005, 07:54:51 AM »

SURE MISSING OUR JAYNE.  HOPEFULLY SHE WILL BE BACK BEFORE WE KNOW IT. 
   Hi Rainey!   You made me have leaky eyes..thank you and I missed you too!  No power at home, but here at work okay

Mornin' M.B.!!!!  Missed you and the news!!!!

Well back to work  I'd rather Claysurf!! 

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 07:56:24 AM »

Jayne!!! We have all been so worried about you - great to see you check in!  Huggles

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2005, 08:19:04 AM »

JAYNE---SO GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU, SWEETIE.  WE ALL HAVE BEEN WORRIED.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx