gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:07:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 456
Total: 456

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Poll
Question: On which TV show would you prefer to see Clay perform?
Tonight Show w/Jay Leno
Oprah
Late Show w/David Letterman
Jimmy Kimmel Live
Saturday Night Live
Late Night w/Conan O'Brien
Late Late Show w/Craig Ferguson

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: POLL: On which TV show would you like to see Clay?  (Read 10555 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: October 24, 2005, 08:34:04 PM »

Clay sang "Back for More" on Good Morning America back in July, even without it "officially" being the next single.

Presumably, he'll be doing lots of TV to promote the new CD after the first of the year.  He's been on all these entertainment/talk shows -- but with a new single hopefully out soon, at least after the holidays, it's time for the PR to begin again!

Vote on the show you would prefer to see Clay visit in order to get the most viewership, publicity, press and BUZZ!

And, please tell us why!

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 08:53:05 PM »

WELL I VOTED FOR SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE- IT SEEMS TO BE MORE POPULAR, AND COVERS A LARGER AGE GROUP- AND HE CAN DO SKITS AS WELL. I THINK HE SHOULD BE BOTH THE MUSICAL GUEST AND THE HOST.
PLUS ITS CLOSE TO ME AND I COULD LET HIM MEET ME IN PERSON.

NEVER NEVER NEVER CONAN O'BRIEN OR DAVID LETTERMAN

KIMMEL AND LENO ARE GOOD, TOO- THEY COULD BE BACKUP

OPRAH WOULD BE REALLY NICE- BUT A DIFFERENT DEMOGRAPHIC WATCHES THAT- I THINK MORE YOUNG 'UNS WOULD WATCH SNL

SO FAR MY CHOICE IS WINNING
Laughing Laughing

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 09:02:30 PM »

I voted for SNL - for the same reasons as Marilyn.

Oprah would be great, but Clay already has a strong female following. As if we didn't already know that! Wink

wave

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
sjlogghe
SuperFan

Clay's Geography Tutor

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 09:32:28 PM »

I voted before I even read Pamela's post.   Paranoid  I wasn't thinking about appearing as promoting the album, I was thinking purely in a "what show would I enjoy seeing him the most on" kind of way.  Oops!  Oh well. 

ANYhoo, I voted for Oprah.  She likes Clay, and I know he would get interview time as well as performing - maybe even more than one song!  Oprah has a way of asking the "good" questions, because she knows what us crazy enthusiastic fans want to know about.  Because she has been an enthusiastic fan of others, not to mention that I think she's a fan of Clay's - of course not as big of a fan as any of us!

I guess in a PR sort of way, I would probably vote for SNL too.  It would get him exposure, and it would be great if he could host the show as well!! 

I'll quit rambling, because I'm not even sure if this makes sense.  I've been at the library reading far too long.   

Faith is the substance of all things hoped for . . .
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 04:53:05 AM »

I VOTED FOR OPRAH BECAUSE I KNOW HOW CLAY FEELS ABOUT HER, BUT I REALLY WANTED TO VOTE FOR SNL ALSO.  CAN I VOTE FOR 2?  SEEING CLAY AS A HOST ON SNL WOULD BE BEYOND AWESOME.  NOT A MUSICAL GUEST AGAIN.  BEEN THERE, DONE THAT.  FEATURED GUEST ON OPRAH AND 1 FULL HOUR----IT WOULD BE AWESOME.  HE COULD SING A LITTLE ALSO.  TALK ABOUT BAF, UNICEF, ETC.

WHY ARE THESE POLLS SO DIFFICULT?

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 04:55:45 AM »

I voted for Saturday Night Live. I would LOVE to see Clay host that show.  We could get to see a LOT of him, and he is very funny, as we all know.  I think he is ready for this!!!
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 08:16:20 AM »

I voted for Oprah - she has 40 Million viewers a day worldwide - and whenever she endorses something - it sells (look at her book club choices). I would probably be more fun to watch Clay on Jimmy Kimmel (I love them together) or Saturday Night Live, but to help a career, Oprah is the choice.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 09:26:06 AM »

I voted for SNL.  I would love to see him as the host and the musical guest. SNL covers a large demographic, whereas I think Oprah would be mostly women.  I think Clay would really rock out on SNL, and I think he would be hysterical in the skits.  More young people need to see Clay, and I believe SNL would be a great avenue to showcase him in a way that they could appreciate.

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
cjrmax
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 10:22:49 AM »

I voted for SNL because I like the demographic it reaches.  The people who watch SNL typically are not those who are already Clay fans.  One thing I think he needs to do with this next album is expand his fan base.  The one show listed that reaches the most outside his own fanbase is probably SNL.  Plus, despite the fact it isn't as popular as it once was, there is a certain prestige and "cool" factor that comes from being on SNL.

Oprah - I could care less.  Every guest on Oprah ends up being second to Oprah in importance.  She is self serving first last and always (apologies in advance to all you Oprah worshippers!)!  Plus, her target audience is the "typical" Clay audience - middle age housewives and soccer moms.

I also want him on Kimmel, Letterman (I do love David Letterman!), Leno, the Today Show, GMA, the Early Show - oh let's face it - media blitz BIG TIME is what he needs for the new album!

But I REALLY want him on SNL - preferably as both a musical guest and host.
ILClaymate
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 10:38:28 AM »

I voted for SNL and I agree with many of you in that he could reach the younger crowd by hosting and/or performing on there.  It would be great for him to be the host but I would take musical guest too!
mcraig2
SuperFan

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 10:51:08 AM »

Do we DARE get selfish and wish for no younger fans?  It's hard enough to get good seats to his concerts now!  lol

Just kidding of course.  I like both SNL and Oprah.  Yeah, Oprah has an older audience (typically), but she sure turns everything to GOLD!!

"Keeper of those mesmerizing green eyes."  (as long as there's no guyliner)
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2005, 12:30:02 PM »

I voted for SNL for the reasons many of you gave.  I would also like for Clay to be possibly the first one to be both host and musical guest.  I seem to recall that when Clay was on Dr. Phil and Dr. Phil held up Clay's book and spoke so highly of it, the sales for the book shot up. When he did the week with The Insider and worked the red carpet for the Emmys, I think that helped his career, too.

If Clay can guest on all shows in the poll with the exception of Conan O'Brien, he can reach an even more diverse audience. and make more fans.  I hope we see a lot of Clay on TV before Christmas. (But how can that be with the tour?)

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
clayistheway
Claymaniac

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2005, 12:39:11 PM »

Without question, it would be SNL.  It reaches the widest age range and it would be a perfect setting to display Clay's many talents.   SNL has a large audience of young women and men (ages 18 - 30) who I think Clay needs to reach.    I would say the greatest percentage of Clay fans are female, over the age of 30. 

I don't think Oprah would help all that much.  Of course, you're going to have some viewers who go out and buy Clay's c.d. because Oprah has him on her show and she holds up his c.d. but I think for the most part, Oprah's viewers are older females who if they haven't already found Clay, they're probably not going to "find him".     I also don't care much for Oprah.  I'm from Chicago and I find her extremely phony.   Whenever Clay was on her show, I found her to be very insincere.  I don't know........maybe it's just me.

To answer the question, I believe SNL would give Clay the best exposure.

\"When was the last time you looked at a young person with a disability as someone who could help you as opposed to someone who needed help?\" -- Clay Aiken
The amazingly talented, sexy young man who is Clay Aiken!!!!!
cjrmax
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2005, 01:06:10 PM »

I also don't care much for Oprah.  I'm from Chicago and I find her extremely phony.   Whenever Clay was on her show, I found her to be very insincere.  I don't know........maybe it's just me.
Clayistheway - it is NOT just you!! I totally agree.

I could be just you and me, but it is definitely NOT just you!  Smile
clayistheway
Claymaniac

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2005, 01:13:51 PM »

cjrmax:  Thanks for letting me know how you feel.  Sometimes I get a little sick of the "lovefest" for Oprah -- the woman who can "do no wrong".   Believe me, she's no saint.

\"When was the last time you looked at a young person with a disability as someone who could help you as opposed to someone who needed help?\" -- Clay Aiken
The amazingly talented, sexy young man who is Clay Aiken!!!!!
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2005, 03:10:46 PM »

Whenever Clay was on her show, I found her to be very insincere.  I don't know........maybe it's just me.

I got that same impression, both times he was on Oprah's show.

Oprah was very open about routing for Ruben during AI2.  I remember how focused she seemed to be on Ruben during her "special" Oprah Show when she visited the AI set prior to the final "sing off."  Not that she couldn't or didn't appreciate Clay's talent as well, I just got the impression that the competition between Clay and her favorite AI contestant, Ruben, may have been a factor in her ability to fully appreciate Clay's talent, and suspect Oprah was unable to disassociate herself from the competition factor when Clay appeared on her show, both times. That competition thing will just never die and I feel that it will unfortunately affect how Ruben fans feel about Clay into eternity.   Wink 

I also remember Oprah expressing how important she felt it was that Ruben won AI, because she felt he represented African Americans, and the fact that he was a native of Birmingham was of important significance.  She felt his AI win was a milestone for African Americans of all means, education and backgrounds.  It can be difficult to see the "competition" clearly through passion.  That's just the way it is sometimes.

I do need to remind myself that it is also very possible that Clay's style and music are just not Oprah's cup of tea.  Thank god we have choices in this country.

Blah blah blah Blah blah blah Blah blah blah Blah blah blah

Sorry about that dissertation...........now back to the poll.

I am selfish.  I want to see Clay do all of the above poll choices, with the exception of Conan.  Don't care for his humor and the negative publicity he seems to have given Clay over the past two years. 

Saturday Night Live often advertise their upcoming shows during primtime.  That would be a smart way to reach people who may not be regular SNL watchers, who might be intrigued to tune in.  Leno and Letterman do reach many night owls, even though I'm not crazy about either of them. The Aiken and The Bacon (Kimmel) are a hoot together, so would always welcome that scenario. 

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
Princess Dorkling
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2005, 08:22:02 AM »

I voted for Jay Leno....I want him to be the FIRST Guest....and to perform OUTSIDE....Jay doesn't really know how famous he really is.

Then I wouldn't miss it. I tend to miss SNL.......dangit. On Accident of course.
Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2005, 04:07:48 PM »

Well, I voted for SNL. It would be beyond spiffy if he hosted and was the musical guest, and many reasons that everyone gave.

BUT, a couple shows that I would want him to be on too . . .

Conan O Brian. Yes, he's pretty mean to Clay, all the jokes being the same, but I think it'd be hysterical if Clay went on and kind of did a thing like he did with Jimmy. And of course if Conan gets out of line, Clay can be his ol' natural snarky self.

Then the Martha Stuart show that's on in the mornings. Laughing Hear me out! She usually has two guests and has them on for about half the show, has them cook with her or do a kind of craft project. Wouldn't it be absolutely adorable (may I say, thud worthy) if you saw Clay cooking or doing a craft project? I think that would absolutely be spiffy. And I just get a kick out of Martha. Laughing She kind of takes over something a person's doing even if they've done it for years and years. Laughing

That's what I have to say. Purple Banana

Carla

The only kind of nut Clay's not allergic to
I'm so weak to his fedora wearing ways!
Quote of however long: ♥♪"How could you wait another minute? A hug is warmer when you're in it." ♪♥ ~DSIAFCD
songbird457
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2005, 08:48:52 PM »

I voted for SNL. I've always been a fan of the show, it's so funny and like many have said - it reaches so many ages and backgrounds, etc of people.
I would like to see him be the host and musical guest. He's so funny and just having him on a talk show for 15 min is not enough (selfish Renee). On SNL, he'd be in almost every skit, get to do a variety of things, and then get serious and sing a couple of his songs = all during the lovely hour and a half time slot.  Thud!

Yup - that was my vote!! 
ralncclayfan
Claynewbie

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2005, 05:34:01 AM »

I voted for Ophra's  show because everything Ophra's  endorses seems to go gold and she does have a big impact, but  after reading the posts of all the other voters, I tend to agree with the  SNL voters.  Yes Clay does need to be host and musical guest !!!  songbird457 said it best.  We need Clay on SNL !!
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx