gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:08:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 153
Total: 153

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Poll
Question: What is your favorite Clay duet (female)?
Silver Bells w/Kimberley - 1 (1.3%)
Without You w/Kimberley - 28 (36.8%)
Open Arms w/Kelly - 7 (9.2%)
I Knew You Were Waiting w/Angela - 3 (3.9%)
Chain of Fools w/Quiana - 13 (17.1%)
Fool w/Cherie - 10 (13.2%)
Can You Feel the Love Tonight w/Heather - 14 (18.4%)
Total Voters: 50

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: POLL: What is your favorite Clay duet (female)?  (Read 10528 times)
cjrmax
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2005, 07:10:31 AM »

"Fool" with Cherie is hands down my favorite.  First I just LOVE the song!  It is amazing on Cherie's album (which I just love!) and in this duet their voices blend so beautifully.  Cherie has such a great voice.  Combine her great voice with Clay's and you have an amazing duet.  What makes it even better is this one and only performance was something they likely only worked on a short time.  Can you imagine how good it would have been if they had rehearsed it a long time?  I just wish they had kept the song in for the rest of the time Cherie was with him.

One of my favorite Clay duets, probably second on my list after "Fool" was not even listed.  That was his duet with Ruben of "Jesus is Love" at the AMAs 2 years ago!  I actually love any of the duets he did with Ruben.  I think their voices work perfectly together.  But that night - that glory note - the crowd's ovation - it still gives me chills.  Imagine, in front of that crowd, two guys from lowly AI, singing a gospel song no less, bringing the house down!  Clapping Clapping
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2005, 06:25:10 PM »

One of my favorite Clay duets, probably second on my list after "Fool" was not even listed.  That was his duet with Ruben of "Jesus is Love" at the AMAs 2 years ago!  I actually love any of the duets his did with Ruben. 

Christie, funny you should mention that.... I was going to put the guys' duets in the poll but it would have been too many choices!

I was going to do a seperate poll with all the guys duets...  and I agree about "Jesus is Love," it was very powerful and a true show stopper!!

I remember reading from someone who was actually there, that Clay and Ruben got more applause than anyone, although it didn't sound that way on TV...hmm.   Paranoid  She also said that Clay's voice on the power note just filled the room so that she couldn't even breathe.... but then she was a fan, so ... yeah.

Smile
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2005, 06:29:59 PM »

Fool with Cherie! Clapping

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2005, 07:00:25 AM »

"FOOL" WAS MY SECOND CHOICE, BUT I HAVE TO AGREE WITH CHRISTIE ABOUT JIL WITH RUBEN.  I WAS IN MY INFANCY AS A CLAY FAN THEN.  I WATCHED THAT ALL BY MYSELF SINCE ERICA WAS STILL AT SCHOOL AND BARRY WAS SLEEPING.  I ALMOST LOST IT WHEN I HEARD THAT NOTE.  I COULDN'T BREATHE EITHER.  AND I HAD NO ONE TO SHARE IT WITH SINCE I HADN'T EVEN POSTED MY VIRGIN POST HERE.  IT WAS BEYOND AMAZING.  STGANDING O FOR 2 AI KIDS.  WHO'D HAVE GUESSED?  I THINK IT WAS A LANDMARK PERFORMANCE FOR THEM BOTH.  THEY HAVE SUCH CHEMISTRY.  I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THEM SING TOGETHER AGAIN.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
InAweOfClay
UltimateFan

Forever a Fan

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2005, 04:18:04 PM »

Jesus in Love brings back such exciting memories.

When they sang JIL, I was jumping up and down, especially when the audience actually stood to applaud. I HAD to hear it again, but didn't know how. I asked my son and he found it and d/l it for me. At that time, I had no idea there were such things as fan sites on the internet. From the site where he found that download, I began looking around for other Clay information and .........drum roll............found Claymaniacs, etc. My whole life has changed since then. Concerts, meeting with other fans, all wonderful experiences.

Sorry to go on and on, but JIL is how I found all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!   

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2005, 10:30:30 AM »

Well, I finally voted.  After d/l most of the duets I could find, I still chose Chain of Fools w/Quiana.  Probably because I have heard it more but most likely when I heard Clay and Quiana sing this in Charlotte last year, I couldn't believe it.  It was the first time I had heard Clay sing something so upbeat and with the growls.  I had been a Clay fan ever since AI2 but I couldn't get COF out of my mind. 

I guess it was this song that hooked me--hook, line and sinker--and now I am a bigger fan than I ever thought possible.

All of the other songs are also great as will be any others Clay decides to sing.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
claysheart4ever
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2006, 08:00:40 AM »

ABSOLUTLY CYFTLT BUT RUNNER UP IS SOOOOOO FOOL AND WITHOUT YOU!!!!!!!!
leigh* wave
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx