gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:00:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 162
Total: 162

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Poll
Question: What is your favorite Clay duet (female)?
Silver Bells w/Kimberley - 1 (1.3%)
Without You w/Kimberley - 28 (36.8%)
Open Arms w/Kelly - 7 (9.2%)
I Knew You Were Waiting w/Angela - 3 (3.9%)
Chain of Fools w/Quiana - 13 (17.1%)
Fool w/Cherie - 10 (13.2%)
Can You Feel the Love Tonight w/Heather - 14 (18.4%)
Total Voters: 50

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: POLL: What is your favorite Clay duet (female)?  (Read 10564 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: October 19, 2005, 06:29:18 PM »

There have been many, particularly back on AI, but we'll try to stay more current in our choices.

Kimberley included Clay on her CD One Love singing "Without You"...a beautiful song Clay featured in his own concert.  Clay also sang "Silver Bells" with Kimberley on the AI Christmas CD.

The lovely one time duet with Cherie at Foxwoods, singing "Fool" off her debut CD....  The rousing concert ender "Open Arms" with Kelly.... the concert duets with Angela and Quiana.... and the beautiful "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" with Heather Headley on Broadway.

No doubt about it, Clay has made some excellent choices in duet partners and songs.

So, what was your favorite?  We can't list them all, but we gave you a few to choose from.  If there are any of these duets you haven't heard yet, let me know and I'll try to find them for you.

Ready, set, vote!

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 06:47:22 PM »

ohhh, this was a difficult one.

I finally chose Chain of Fools w/Quiana. It really shows that Clay can sing him some soul...and Quiana...well she's just the bomb diggitty any way.

This was difficult because I also really love Fool w/Cherie. Wow. They sound wonderful together.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
sjlogghe
SuperFan

Clay's Geography Tutor

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 06:48:56 PM »

Why do you gotta pick all the hard questions?!?!?!  *insert whining emoticon*

And why isn't "Without You" by Clay and Jerome one of the choices??   lmao

I seriously sat here for almost 5 minutes debating about which one to choose.  I like a lot of them, and I like a lot of the specific performances also.  But in the end, "Without You" won out.  Thinking about it, that is the duet I listen to the most in my car.  And I really like Kim Locke too, so it is just a great song altogether.  Although "Fools" is a very close second!!

And these specific performances tie for second also:  "Open Arms" from the Minneapolis concert, "Chain of Fools" from the Charlotte concert, and I know there's one particular "I Knew You Were Waiting" that I love but can't think of where it was right now . . .   

Faith is the substance of all things hoped for . . .
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 06:55:17 PM »

This was not difficult for me, at all!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE CYFTLT!!!!!!!!!!!!  Clay is such a class act, and he never proved it better than that night.  And kinda cute, too.   Wink
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 07:02:41 PM »

I PICKED "WITHOUT YOU" BECAUSE ON THE CD I LOVE THE WAY CLAYS VOICE GOES THROUGH ALL THE NOTES BEFORE KIMBERLY JOINS IN

BUT I ALSO LOVED "FOOL" WITH CHERIE

AND THEN "CYFTLT" COMES IN A CLOSE THIRD

I ALSO LIKED "IF I EVER KNEW YOU" WHICH CLAY SANG WITH QUIANA IN FLORIDA

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 07:24:49 PM »

It was a very tough decision, but I chose "Without You". Like Sarah, I listen to that song in my car a lot. It's a beautiful song.  Clapping

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 07:51:40 PM »

Ooh!  This is a toughie!  And, honestly, at this time, I cannot choose.  Four of these I really like.  I will have to ponder this for a while. Don't Know

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 09:09:14 PM »

I picked CYFTLT, the duet with Heather Headley. immediately!   I remember the first time I saw the "good download" of that performance.   

It was Clay in a different element and Heather was so gracious when introducing him.    He seemed pensive at first, then you could almost see his confidence build (and hear it in his voice) as the song progressed.   

I have watched the download of that performance so many times.   IMHO, it is in a class by itself!   

Oh, by the way, I really liked it !   Smile

Every single choice on this poll is a winner.   Thanks for making us think, Pamela!  Paranoid

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
songbird457
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 09:22:33 PM »

sigh....

The best duet is yet to come of course - when he sings with ME!!!!!!!!!  lmao

Seriously though..... I chose "Without You" because that is what Jerome heard me sing (at least!!!  )

But I really do love that song. I think IKYWWFM comes in second, and then Fool maybe third..... Don't Know
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 02:53:17 AM »

I chose Without You.  I just love the way Clay's voice soars on that song.

I really loved the duet with Heather, too. 
It was a tough, tough choice. 

Thanks, Pamela, for this fun poll.

It is so nice to be "a conflicted Clay fan".  ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 03:01:12 AM »

It's a tie for me....Clay's vocals, Without You with Kimberley, for Clay's hotness and Quiana's vocals "Chain of Fools"

I think "Without You" would be an AC radio hit...but what do I know

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 04:17:32 AM »

I thought "When Doves Cry" would be on the poll - I know all of the back-up singers sing on this, but I think it is mainly a duet! I went for "Chain of Fools". I  re-watched a  Solo Tour DVD recently (from downloads) , and he and Quiana were really good together on this one.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 04:30:34 AM »

THIS WAS REALLY TOUGH.  I PICKED Without You BECAUSE KIM AND CLAY SOUND AMAZING TOGETHER.  BUT, I LOVED FOOL WITH CHERIE AND CYFTLT WITH HEATHER.  LOVE ROCKIN' CLAY ON CofF ACTUALLY, ALL OF THE CHOICES WERE GOOD.  CLAY IS A WONDERFUL DUET SINGER.  HE CAN SING ANYTHING WITH ANYONE.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2005, 04:35:42 AM »

CLAY IS A WONDERFUL DUET SINGER.  HE CAN SING ANYTHING WITH ANYONE.
j Clapping so true Gwenn, so true!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

InAweOfClay
UltimateFan

Forever a Fan

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2005, 01:29:29 PM »

Can You Feel the Love Tonight is my choice. He and Heather Headley just flow with it......it is absolutely beautiful.

All the choices were good, and it would have been hard to choose had CYFTLT not been in the mix. It just seems that Clay still has a little problem with singing harmony in most songs, so they are not perfect. Not so in CYFTLT.

Where's the running away emoticon when you need it.............................. Paranoid
Clayhottiefan007
Enthusiastic

Brett and Clay's Lil Freshman College TCC Girl!!!

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2005, 01:44:43 PM »

Pamela,
nice poll!!!....i picked open armms with kelly clarkson

love Kat Huggles

Kat. Huggles
DHS Class of '09
In loving memory of Debi <3
Got Clayed on 7/7/07 in Tulsa
TCC Class of '12
Be Smart and be ABOVE THE INFLUENCE and NOT UNDER
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2005, 03:41:33 PM »

I have not heard a couple of these, so before I vote, I want to listen to them too.  I already know I love Chain of Fools. When I heard this is Charlotte last year it was the first time I had heard growly Clay and I love it.  I also like I Knew You Were Waiting.

The problem is that he sings so great with just about anyone on anything that it is hard to choose.  Off to try to find some of the others and then I'll be back.

Barbara/NC

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2005, 04:33:31 PM »

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE when Clay sang Fool with Cherie!

Something about the way their voices blended together has really stuck with me.

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
TaikenByClayton18
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2005, 05:03:22 AM »

I picked "Without You" because I LOVE the song and I like Kim Locke. A close second would have to be "Chain of Fools" with Quiana, I remember hearing this at his solo tour and thinking afterwards, "Dang, Clay's got soul!!!" LOVE it!!!   Smile  Laughing
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2005, 06:49:29 AM »

Here's a YouSendIt link of Clay singing "Fool" with Cherie.  I'll try to find the others and post them here too.  Left click the link then follow instructions to download.

Fool w/Cherie

Enjoy!
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx