gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:48:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 453
Total: 453

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A senior's last request-A must read it will warm your heart.  (Read 2787 times)
annie roberts
« on: October 17, 2005, 05:32:17 PM »

http://clayaikentheidealidol.com/A-Seniors_Last-Request.html

This is a link to the most heart wrenching story I have ever read. The 86 year old lady in the nursing home is so precious and Lori Tambellini, the lady that wrote the story is the kind of friend everyone would love to have. Clay has such an impact on people, I don't think he realizes how important he really is. Please read this it is so heart warming.

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 06:18:24 PM »

oh lord, I cried so much when I read that- but what a beautiful tribute to Clay that his voice was the last thing she wanted to hear. I am sure if he knew he would be deeply touched.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 07:05:11 PM »

That was beautiful, I also sit here tearing up, beautiful story Huggles

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Spikee
Enthusiastic

X X X X

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 08:37:42 PM »

wow  What a heartfelt story.  Clay has touched so many lives, he has no idea.  His 'love' is spreading and spreading.   Clapping

I did what I had to ~
On My Way Here
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 09:39:59 AM »

What a beautiful, heartfelt story.......I couldn't get through it without sobbing.  I hope somehow Clay will get to read this.  I want him to know what he meant to this lovely woman (and to all of us).  He is touching so many lives......men, women, children, old, young.  So many are seeing the beauty of this amazing man!  He truly is making a difference.

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 06:54:35 PM »

Should the writer of that article, Lori, see this...

I am going to suggest to still purchase that Merry Christmas With Love Cd and donate it to the nursing home itself.

My father lives in a nursing center and I did that very thing last year. Now since my dad lives in a center about 200 miles away from me, I don't get to visit very often but this was a way to share what was an important part of my life- Being a fan of Clay Aiken- with him.

I gave the CD to the Activities Director. It turns out, when I dropped in unexpectedly to see my dad, they were playing that CD. I was told it was the CD that was most played that Christmas season.

She said that they really enjoyed the music. They could understand the words and it was TRADITIONAL. It was not changed up. They could sing along and for those whose memories weren't so good anymore, they knew the words to those songs. It made them at peace, she said.

I am going to suggest, since the Holiday is coming upon us, to grab an extra copy this year and donate it to an area Nursing Home Center of your choosing.

Although it may boost the CD's sales this year, that is NOT the reason I am suggesting/requesting it. It is because of the very reason that the article was written.

She enjoyed his voice and so will they.

Lora-Ohio
claydevotee
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 07:04:26 PM »

Thank you, Annie, for bringing this beautiful story to us.  I have no doubt that Clay would be pleased, honored and grateful to have been a source of such comfort and inspiration to this beautiful soul.  To quote one our fellow Claymaniacs' siggie line, "Clay is a gift from God".  Now I  believe this to be true more than ever.
ralncclayfan
Claynewbie

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 10:10:56 AM »

Annie, that was a beautiful story.  I cried when I read the story too,  and Lora ,  I think that is a great idea to buy an extra copy of Merry Christmas With Love to donate to a nursing home or to just give to an elderly friend or neighbor.  Most Christmas songs are changed so that you hardly recognise them and like you said they are so easy to sing along with.     Carolyn
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 11:39:09 AM »

ANNIE- I AM POSTING RIGHT NOW WITH MY EYES FILLED WITH TEARS.  I AM SO OVERWHELMED BY THIS STORY.  YOU JUST NEVER KNOW WHO THE NEXT PERSON YOU MAY MEET THAT LOVES OUR CLAY OR HOW THEIR LIFES HAVE CHANGED BECAUSE OF OUR CLAY.  IF ONLY HE COULD HAVE KNOWN HOW MUCH THIS WOMAN ADORED HIM TO THE VERY END AND IT WAS HER DYING WISH.  IF ONLY HE COULD HAVE KNOWN.  THANK YOU ANNIE. Huggles
Rayline
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2005, 11:55:11 AM »

That is an amazing story. :) It's very sweet. I showed my best friend too. She had tears in her eyes afterwards.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx