gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:36:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 422
Total: 422

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MY FIRST CLAY CONCERT  (Read 7400 times)
geraldine
UltimateFan

« on: October 12, 2005, 07:49:45 PM »

"MY EXPERIENCE WITH CLAY LIVE IN CONCERT"
I stood in line at the gate anxiously awaiting with ticket in hand waiting for them to open. Finally a security guard opened it !! I thought oh my gosh this is it, it really is it. I had waited for almost 3 years to see Clay in person.
I had to pinch myself to make sure I was not dreaming. It was real! I found myself the way to the bleachers. I was memorized by the activity going on around me. You could see pictures of Clay flashing on the big screen. This was my first sign that Clay was there somewhere behind that stage!! Out of nowhere these two ladies came up to me and asked if I would like to sit closer to the stage. I said "I would love that", so down the row of seats I went. Could not believe how close Clay would be. I thought this HAS to be a dream.
In about 15 mins the lights went out, I got a chill up and down my spine, so excited but at the same time numb!! The crowd started to scream. OUT CAME CLAY IN A BLACK LEATHER JACKET AND BLACK PANTS---WHOO-WHEE!! He banged on the Jukebox and off went the concert. I kept saying "OMG" that's Clay, unbelieveable what my eyes were seeing and my ears were hearing. He started out with a 50's-60s theme, Elvis, and to my surprise he sang "UNCHAINED MELODY"
----------------------------------------------------------------
This is one of 3 of the songs I had hoped he would sing live. I watched him sing it on AI2 way back when. A mix of 60's followerd such as Downtown, Can't buy me love, Sugar-pie honey and Happy together, giggling through the song.
I watched to see what he would do mext. A medoly of Mototown tuens were a schock to see moving and grooving. Then to my DELIGHT he came to the microphone and out came that voice singing "SOLITARE", the moment i had been waitng for!! I sat on the edge of my seat thinikng how many times i watched him do my favorite song-----but to actually hear and see him in person---it felt like Clay and i were the only two people in the room. Oh my gosh, I almost fotgot that Fadora he wears that I love on him.As the concet continued, he came out in a white suit [ and so handsome and sophicated he looked }. He talked about the 70s and did a few songs from that era. A couple of Bee Gees, and then came uhhh-----"MANDY", a song I had played over and over. When he had finished with the 70s--he came out in a robe and started a slow rendition of a song that was beautiful with the range of his voice, BUT to my surprise the robe came off and then i knew the song, it was WDC, and my goodness i think my mouth dropped open when the music was upbeated and he danced so different than anything I had seen Clay do! I thought wow he has come such a long way and is the true super star i knew he would be. It was a memorable moment for me. He then did a melody of 80's songs. one of which had alwyas been a favortie, "ALONE", next he sang a solo ballod, such an incrediable voice!! I knew the concert was coming to a close because he came out in a blue shirt, and tie, and jeans!! He performed snipets of songs off his MOAM CD. He talked about a couple new songs to be on his upcoming CD. First before he sang them he teased the audience with their choice-----BUILD ME UP BUTTERCUP was the one. So good to see him sing that live after watching him on AI2 performing for the judges. 1000 Nights was nexr. Nearing the end of the evening he sang "MORE". AND when i heard the music to the last one, I think i went crazy-----he sang "INVISIBLE", i DANCED, JUMPED UP AND DOWN AND SANG RIGHT ALONG. After he finished he said "GOODNIGHT MICHIGAN", then headed off to the back of the stage to his bus. I SAID OH NO CLAY DON'T GO, COME BACK AND SING ALL NIGHT. It was the BEST most MEMORABLE experience I have had my whole entire life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT SEEMED IT WENT BY TOO QUICLY. I WAS EXLIERATED BUT SAD AT THE SAME TIME.
ALL I CAN SAY AS I DID DURING SOLITARE IS---------GO CLAY-GO CLAY !!!!!!!!!!

Clay's my Wings of Love!
Proud to be a Claymaniac!
geraldine
ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 07:55:09 PM »

Charlene.. Clapping.wow you can tell you took much time in writing that...and the excitement that you felt can be felt through your words...isn't it great to be so excited about something even months after it happens......great memories .....thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences.................
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 09:21:42 PM »

Geraldine,

That was fantastic.  I could feel your excitement at seeing Clay.  And how great you got to move down close! Purple Banana  A few of us have seen him several times, so it's always fun to read about someone's first Clay concert.

Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 09:38:07 PM »

Oh geraldine what fun that was to read!

You have a good memory you know. Many times, I am totally confuzzled at concert's end, and can barely remember where I have just been.  Laughing

Seriously, I love hearing about people's first time seeing Clay LIVE.  It's always so much fun!

Thank you for sharing!   Super Happy!!! 
geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 04:33:08 AM »

DEBI--PRISSY--PAMELA wave THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOVELY COMMENTS!  AH, I REMEMBER IT LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY.  CLAY HAD BEEN HERE TWICE BEOFRE IN CLIO, AND I COULDN'T MAKE IT TO THOSE CONCERTS.  SO IT "WAS" SO SPECIAL FOR ME TO SEE HIM.  AND MEETING YOU THERE Debi, TOPPED OFF THE EVENING!  I PLAN ON SEEING HIM AGAIN NEXT SUMMER SINCE HE DID NOT MAKE IT HERE IN MICHIGAN THIS TIME AROUND.  SUCH GOOD MEMORIES I HAVE TO KEEP NOW AND WILL MAKE NEW ONES.  IT "WAS" A SPECTACULAR EVENING!  Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana
HUGS TO YOU ALL. Huggles
geraldine

Clay's my Wings of Love!
geraldine
geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005, 08:47:03 AM »

I want to thank each and everyone who came and read "MY FIRST CLAY CONCERT! Huggles

Clay's my Wings of Love!
geraldine
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx