gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:26:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 195
Total: 195

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK OCT 3  (Read 4236 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: October 03, 2005, 01:53:46 AM »

wave Good Morning, everyone!! wave
Tickets on sale for Aiken concert
10/01/2005
 Tickets go on sale Oct. 1 for Clay Aiken's concert at the Mid-America Center on Nov. 18.

Aiken's Joyful Noise holiday show is his sixth tour and is sponsored by Belkin Production. Comprised of holiday music, Joyful Noise 2005 will also include some theatrical elements.

Aiken has also recently expanded his role as a television personality, co-hosting "The Insider's" backstage and red-carpet coverage of the 2005 Emmy Awards.Tickets are from $39.50 to $59.50 at all Ticketmaster locations, the Mid-America Center ticket office, or charge by phone at (402) 422-1212 in Omaha, (402) 475-1212 in Lincoln, or (712) 252-3434 in Sioux City.
ZWIRE

theatrical elements???  Don't Know

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 01:56:00 AM »

From the Ideal Idol site:

LET'S HEAR IT FOR CLAY'S MALE FANS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 01:59:20 AM »

If little Kelly Clarkson and that dweeb Clay Aiken can enjoy success post-"American Idol," so can third-season finalist LaToya London. The talented Oakland native, who Simon Cowell insisted was a better singer than her competitors, just released her debut album, "Love & Life." She's opening for Philly neo-soul diva Jaguar Wright on the VH1 Soul Tour at Slim's on Thursday.

SFGATE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 02:03:29 AM »

Recent religious recording releases

DAVID PHELPS
"Life is a Church"
(snip)
Songs "With His Love (Sing Holy)" and "Something's Gotta Change" grab attention with their up melodies and nicely mixed vocals. My personal favorite cut, which really doesn't fit with the other 10 tracks, is "Long Time Coming." It's upbeat, fun, and I could hear how the band could play it for an hour.

The feel drastically changes through the second half of the disc. Except for one song, the back side of this project is mellow and worshipful while predictable and, at times, somewhat boring. Phelps has a great voice but a long block of songs with long, Josh Groban-like vocals is a bit tiring.

Fans of Clay Aiken, Michael English and Greg Long will probably enjoy this disc.
KANSAS.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 02:10:12 AM »

JUST ANNOUNCED
Clay Aiken. Nov. 8. Paramount Theater, Oakland. (On sale now.) (510) 465-6400.

SFGATE

Concert ticket on-sale dates
Monday 10 a.m.
Clay Aiken, 8 p.m. Nov. 11, San Diego Civic, 3rd and B Street, San Diego. $43-$73
THEDESERTSUN

In the bins
Clay Aiken Christmas Show, 8 p.m. Nov. 25, Louisville Palace, Louisville. Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. Oct 8. $55-$80. Ticketmaster
KENTUCKY.COM

Music Calendar
Clay Aiken, 8 p.m. Nov. 6, $49.50 and $69.50, McCaw Hall, Seattle; 206-628-0888.
HERALD.COM

Hot Tickets
Tickets for the following shows go on sale Saturday: CLAY AIKEN Delta Center, Nov. 15; $45 to $65, Ticketmaster.

SLTRIB

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 02:16:31 AM »

The recent Lycos 50 column, 'What Ever Happened to Emily Rose?' definitely struck a nerve. We haven't received this amount of email responses since we linked our favorite American Idol, Clay Aiken, with the comedienne and Bravo reality star Kathy Griffin. The amount of email was staggering, so today we open the Lycos 50 Mailbag and try to answer some of your comments.
50LYCOS.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 02:17:46 AM »

Mornin' M.B.!!!  Thanks for the news...it's all good!  (Thanks again for Sat. night and your penning!  Huggles)

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 02:20:04 AM »

The Lycos 50 Top Artists

Top 10 Most Searched Music Artists /
Week Ending: September 30, 2005

This Week Last Week Artist
1 1 Britney Spears
2 2 Jennifer Lopez
3 3 Jessica Simpson
4 4 Hilary Duff
5 7 Mariah Carey
6 5 Pretty Ricky
7 - Avril Lavigne
8 - Clay Aiken
9 - Bow Wow
10 6 50 Cent

BILLBOARD

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 02:40:41 AM »

Good Morning, Buddy!! wave

I'm glad you liked the poem. Wink

Have a great day everyone!!

Cookie Cookie

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2005, 02:44:14 AM »

Reminder:
The voting for the Claymmy Awards is now open.

Here's your chance to vote for Claymaniacs as the best website!! Wink

VOTE FOR CLAYMANIACS

Also, many of our members have entered pics, poems, avatars, essays, etc, etc.

Let's show them our support!!

CLAYMANIAC ENTRIES

Go HERE to vote.
Deanna

Clay "is" the "News"
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2005, 03:52:17 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS.

COULDN'T LEAVE FOR WORK UNTIL I CHECKED THE NEWS ON OUR HONEY.  HAVE A GREAT DAY AND UNLESS I HAVE MY INTERNET UP WILL CHECK WHEN I GET HOME FOR UPDATES.

HUGS
RAINEY
hnl97
SuperFan

Clay's Georgia Peach

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2005, 05:33:18 AM »

I want to know about the theatrical elements!?!                                                          Purple Banana Paranoid  Clapping Don't Know Baby Dust Drama  Wink

"Baby, you don't know what it's like, oh, no, you don't know what it's like -- to love someobody, to love somebody, the way I love you........"
clays#1fan
UltimateFan

Clay's Speedracer

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2005, 09:16:55 AM »

Thanks for the news Deanna!! You always do a wonderful job!!

Joyce wave
Clay makes me happier than a kitten chasing a leaky cow!  
I love Clay more today, but not as much as tomorrow!
www.myspace.com/joyce1010
cjrmax
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2005, 09:50:26 AM »

DAVID PHELPS
"Life is a Church"
(snip)
Songs "With His Love (Sing Holy)" and "Something's Gotta Change" grab attention with their up melodies and nicely mixed vocals. My personal favorite cut, which really doesn't fit with the other 10 tracks, is "Long Time Coming." It's upbeat, fun, and I could hear how the band could play it for an hour.

The feel drastically changes through the second half of the disc. Except for one song, the back side of this project is mellow and worshipful while predictable and, at times, somewhat boring. Phelps has a great voice but a long block of songs with long, Josh Groban-like vocals is a bit tiring.

Fans of Clay Aiken, Michael English and Greg Long will probably enjoy this disc.
KANSAS.COM
See this bothers me.  Why would I as a fan of Clay's music like a religious album?  That is assuming Clay's fans are all religious or enjoy religious - i.e. Christian - music.  Clay is NOT a Christian artist.  That is not his genre.  He happens to be of one of the Christian faiths, but that is not what his music is all about (well, most of the time.  I can think of one notable exception....    ).  Is this statement an assumption because they believe that anyone who follows a singer who happens to be Christian must also be Christian and like Christian music?  Would they make the same assumption about Kelly Clarkson or any of the other artists out there who happen to be Christian?

I get so tired of people who make assumptions like this based on nothing more than the fact he happens to be someone of a Christian faith.  They assume all his fans are the same, they assume his politics follow the Christian right, they assume he is a virgin because of that etc, etc, etc.  If these people actually listened to his music, or attended his concerts or watched him on TV, they might sing a different tune (no pun intended).  Heaven knows if they read the message boards they would know not all his fans - IMO not even the majority of his fans - fit into that mold!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!  I hate stereotyping people based on one little fact.  And they aren't just stereotyping Clay, they are stereotyping his whole fandom!   
claysjoy
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2005, 12:41:42 PM »

DAVID PHELPS
"Life is a Church"
(snip)

KANSAS.COM
See this bothers me.  Why would I as a fan of Clay's music like a religious album?  That is assuming Clay's fans are all religious or enjoy religious - i.e. Christian - music.  Clay is NOT a Christian artist.  That is not his genre.  He happens to be of one of the Christian faiths, but that is not what his music is all about (well, most of the time.  I can think of one notable exception....    ).  Is this statement an assumption because they believe that anyone who follows a singer who happens to be Christian must also be Christian and like Christian music?  Would they make the same assumption about Kelly Clarkson or any of the other artists out there who happen to be Christian?

I get so tired of people who make assumptions like this based on nothing more than the fact he happens to be someone of a Christian faith.  They assume all his fans are the same, they assume his politics follow the Christian right, they assume he is a virgin because of that etc, etc, etc.  If these people actually listened to his music, or attended his concerts or watched him on TV, they might sing a different tune (no pun intended).  Heaven knows if they read the message boards they would know not all his fans - IMO not even the majority of his fans - fit into that mold!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!  I hate stereotyping people based on one little fact.  And they aren't just stereotyping Clay, they are stereotyping his whole fandom!   

I don't think that was the intent.  I think that what they are saying is that people who like clay's style will like the style of this one, they are similar.   Clay isn't a Christian artist, but his style and voice are similar to many, which could be because that is what he listens to mostly.  Who knows.  But sorry you were offended.  (there are many songs of Stephen Curtis Chapman that clay has done a demo of, where he sounds better than scc, or you can't tell which it is.)  So the reviewer is more comparing this cd to clays than anything.  hope that helps.
cjrmax
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2005, 01:06:11 PM »

DAVID PHELPS
"Life is a Church"
(snip)

KANSAS.COM

I don't think that was the intent.  I think that what they are saying is that people who like clay's style will like the style of this one, they are similar.   Clay isn't a Christian artist, but his style and voice are similar to many, which could be because that is what he listens to mostly.  Who knows.  But sorry you were offended.  (there are many songs of Stephen Curtis Chapman that clay has done a demo of, where he sounds better than scc, or you can't tell which it is.)  So the reviewer is more comparing this cd to clays than anything.  hope that helps.
I wasn't offended.  I just hate it when people stereotype Clay and his fans and his music.  I think they make assumptions based on very little knowledge of Clay and then apply those assumptions to all his fans. Its the same thing as when they say all his fans are soccer moms or teeny boppers.

I do think the reference was to Christian music, not the style of Clay's music as he was lumped in with two other Christian artists (I Googled them - had no idea who they were!) - Michael English and Greg Long.  If the reference was to just to the style of Clay's music then they wouldn't have only used "Christian" artists in the reference.
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2005, 01:34:03 PM »

DEANNA, THANKS FOR THE NEWS.
LOVE ALL YOUR OPINIONS & COMMENTS.   CLAY'S JOY  I LIKE YOUR COMMENT TOO.

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
ILClaymate
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2005, 02:30:54 PM »

Monday, October 3, 2005
ABC ANNOUNCES THE FOURTH SEASON PICK-UP OF "JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE," THE POPULAR LATE-NIGHT TALK SHOW, THROUGH THE 2006 SEASON
Released by ABC

ABC ANNOUNCES THE FOURTH SEASON PICK-UP OF "JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE," THE POPULAR LATE-NIGHT TALK SHOW, THROUGH THE 2006 SEASON

The ABC Television Network announced that it has extended the late-night talk show, "Jimmy Kimmel Live," featuring host Jimmy Kimmel, through 2006. This announcement was made during a period of tremendous ratings success for the program. "Jimmy Kimmel Live" has featured such high profile guests as Robin Williams, Britney Spears, Eminem, Jennifer Garner, Hilary Duff, Matthew Fox, Alec Baldwin, Clay Aiken, George Clooney, Diane Sawyer, Kanye West, Johnny Knoxville and Quentin Tarantino since its premiere on Super Bowl Sunday, January 26, 2003.
<snip>

FUTONCRITIC
ILClaymate
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2005, 02:33:34 PM »

Clay is on the front page for TOT at the Unicef homepage

UNICEF
hotwaxonclay
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2005, 03:32:55 PM »

I recieved my boxes for TOT yesterday and today. I am pretty excited...and I don't care if I am 17...I think it will be fun to collect money lol. And I like using the Coinstar machine...so it adds to the awesomeness  Laughing
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx