gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:21:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 406
Total: 406

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK SEPT 26  (Read 4845 times)
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2005, 07:46:35 AM »

LOTS OF POSITIVE THINGS COMING UP FROM OUR MAN- DARE HE ANNOUNCE TONIGHT THAT THE CD WILL BE OUT OCT 25TH? OR AT LEAST A BFM SINGLE? WE CAN ONLY HOPE!

KRIS- HAPPY TO HEAR FROM YOU- I WASNT SURE IF YOU WERE IN RITA'S LINE OF FIRE!

DEANNA AND CLANDY, AS ALWAYS, THANKS FOR THE NEWS

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A WONDERFUL DAY!!!

TO ALL!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2005, 08:14:24 AM »

wave Kris! Nice to see you!

Deanna, Clandy, et al - Thanks, as always, for the news!

...when the silky voiced singer...

I can honestly say I've never heard his voice described like that before, but it definitely works. 

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
InAweOfClay
UltimateFan

Forever a Fan

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2005, 08:30:27 AM »

Thanks for the news today and every day!

Today's news is all good IMO. Thanks to the Rivers gals, Clay gets a scrumptious photo in People and readers/lookers  can make up their own minds. The only downside is they should have mentioned that he was working, not an "honored" guest. Oh, gee, maybe they just naturally assumed he was up for an emmy?    Smile
Claymaniac2000
UltimateFan

Clay's Butterfly

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2005, 08:30:43 AM »

GREAT NEWS! I just found this at the Clayboard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Found this on RHT!

Elaine,
I just wanted to let you know that Brett is home from Iraq. His mom and I and other family members went to Camp LeJuene to welcome him home yesterday. He looks great and we enjoyed our time together. He actually came home today and Faye showed him the flag and certificate that your fan group had flown in his honor. He was very excited and appreciative. I believe his words were "they did that for me?" So please share this information with the group.
Thanks
Frances

Janet Claymaniac2000
Hey Butterfly....Open up your weary eyes and realize.....It's a trip we're taking

BRETT-------WELCOME HOME
JULIE you are in my heart forever
InAweOfClay
UltimateFan

Forever a Fan

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2005, 08:35:00 AM »

Wonderful news!!!!!

Maybe this is why Clay has been so upbeat and happy the past week!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2005, 08:48:43 AM »

Thank you Deanna and everyone who contributed news today!

Be sure to search for Clay at Pollstar!  They rank the most searched for tours on their website. 

Search for Clay at Pollstar!

Be sure to check the calendar for reminders about Clay on the Insider and Jimmy Kimmel Live today (and tonight!) and JNT ticket sales for Vancouver!

Have a great day everyone!   Purple Banana
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2005, 08:50:35 AM »

Good Morning All,

No, Clay Mania will never slow up, that is unless Clay stops singing.  Lord, I hope that won't be for a very long time!

Hi Kris.  Long time, no see.  Joan Rivers can't see straight; her eyes are too tight after surgery!!

I would be shocked if the CD came out this year, but you never know.  Clay is full of surprises!

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2005, 09:12:39 AM »

I really should start cleaning my house and doing laundry but I keep checking on the bidding for Clay's Kenneth Cole Tux which is up to $16,000.00!
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2005, 09:29:26 AM »

Thanks for the news, ladies!

Sooooo happy that Brett is home, safe and sound!   Purple Banana Purple Banana

Can't wait to see Clay on Kimmel tonight! 

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
LJB
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2005, 09:36:47 AM »

Parents name their little stars after big ones By Maria Puente and Breanne Gilpatrick, USA TODAY
Mon Sep 26, 8:47 AM ET

Drop into any preschool in a few years and you're likely to see a lot of backpacks marked with names like Paris and Mariah. But don't expect to find any mini-Madonnas or Clays; some famous names just don't fit with the times.

The celebrity influence on baby names has been with us since the Bible, but now you can track it online: The Social Security Administration website (ssa.gov) has a searchable database that shows the rankings of popular names by year, going back as far as 1880.

The data show that names of celebrities, or the characters they play, soar in popularity as celebrities' careers take off. (Related item: What makes a name popular?)

Example: Paris as a girl's name shot up in popularity from 2002 to 2003, coinciding with Paris Hilton's hit TV show, The Simple Life. Paris had been known as a boy's name (The Iliad).

"It was a rare name, especially for girls, but as soon as she hit the news, you could see a nationwide measurable spike," says Laura Wattenberg, author of The Baby Name Wizard.

The link between career success and name popularity also is strong with such names as Mariah (Carey), Shania (Twain) and Norah (Jones). Same with Denzel (Washington), Keanu (Reeves) and Kobe (Bryant).

Experts say parents don't necessarily name their babies after a celebrity; they might not even like the celebrity, but they like the name. And when the celebrity is everywhere in the media, more people are exposed to the name.

"It's the confluence of exposure and the name being unusual, attractive and a bit different," says Pamela Redmond Satran, co-author of nine books on baby names.

It doesn't work for every name. Few parents today are naming their children Madonna or Elvis, for instance.

And some celebrity-inspired names rise and fall for reasons that are sometimes obvious, sometimes not:

There was a spike in Britneys after Britney Spears' first album in 1999, but the name's popularity crashed when she began sexing up her image. (Spears named her new baby Sean Preston; Sean has been becoming less popular in the past 15 years but could rebound because of Spears.)

Monica was declining slightly in popularity before the debut of Friends in 1994, but after the Monica Lewinsky scandal in January 1998, the name dropped sharply.

Clay had been losing steam since 1995, and when Clay Aiken appeared on American Idol in 2003, it spiraled further, Satran says.

Jennifer became hot among Hispanics after Jennifer Lopez hit the scene, even though it had lost its appeal for other ethnic groups because of its ubiquity, says Cleveland Kent Evans, president of the American Name Society.

Some names become trendier than the stars who started them: Jada, as in actress Jada Pinkett, wife of actor Will Smith, and Jaden, their son's name.

"Now there are thousands of people with those names that wouldn't exist if it hadn't been for them," Satran says. "This generation of parents is looking to get away from cookie-cutter stuff, and our culture of celebrities is supporting that."

Copyright © 2005 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Co. Inc.

Copyright © 2005 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
Questions or Comments
Privacy Policy -Terms of Service - Copyright/IP Policy - Ad Feedback
clays#1fan
UltimateFan

Clay's Speedracer

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2005, 09:40:35 AM »

Thanks for the news!! Im so glad Brett is home and safe and sound from Iraq. I just hope he dont have to go back and the other troops out there can come home soon.

Im so excited to see Clay tonite on Kimmel!!  Purple Banana

Have a great Clay Day all!!

Love ya!!

Joyce wave
Clay makes me happier than a kitten chasing a leaky cow!  
I love Clay more today, but not as much as tomorrow!
www.myspace.com/joyce1010
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2005, 01:47:37 PM »

$16,000.00?????  shocking shocking shocking WOW!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

ILClaymate
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2005, 02:17:54 PM »

Clay Aiken makes 'Joyful Noise' during holiday tour
September 26, 2005 12:00 PM
by Jon Zahlaway
liveDaily Senior Writer

Singer Clay Aiken  has laid out plans for his second-annual holiday outing, dubbed the "Joyful Noise Tour."

The two-month run kicks off Nov. 2 with a lone Canadian date, then canvasses the U.S. through the end of the year. Tickets for several stops are on sale now, and those for a number of others are scheduled to hit the box office this coming weekend. Details are included in the itinerary below.
Members of Aiken's official fan club have access to online pre-sales. More information is posted at the club's website.

Aside from the itinerary, details about this year's "Joyful Noise Tour" production have not been announced.

During his inaugural "Joyful Noise Tour"--which launched a few days after the Nov. 16, 2004 release of his holiday album, "Merry Christmas with Love"--Aiken limited the setlist to Christmas songs.

"Merry Christmas with Love," Aiken's most recent set, followed his 2003 solo debut, "Measure of a Man," which entered The Billboard 200 album chart at No. 1 and spawned 2003's top-selling single, "This Is the Night," as well as the hit "The Way."

Tour Itinerary listed also

LIVEDAILY

ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2005, 02:23:38 PM »

THANKS FOR ALL THE NEWS --HAVE ASUPER DAY EVERYONE.

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx