gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:28:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 96
Total: 96

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: JNTII: Music Hall Cincinnati OH Nov 26 MeetUps & Reviews  (Read 17470 times)
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2005, 11:45:10 PM »

I am copying Jerry's review and bringing it over here for him.  Thanks, Jerry!!!

MUSIC HALL REVIEW[/u]

Julie!! I at long last got to go to a Clay Christmas concert!!! I still have the tour book you gave me last Christmas...of course i DO...i'd never get rid of it. I wore your pin on the left side of my shirt, over my heart and ever now and then i'd glance down at the pin and see you smiling and Clay looking like...well...like Clay!

I left for Cincinnati around 2:30pm Saturday afternoon...the drive there wasn't too eventful until i got about 6 minutes from the Reading Road exit. There was a bad car wreck on I-71 in the South bound lane and i am very lucky that i wasn't in the wreck and for the concert's sake, i was fortunate that i wasn't in line too long because traffic was literally stopped for a long time i was told...i only had to stay in the traffic jam for about 20 minutes. It helped speed up the time because it was getting close to 4:30pm by that time!!

I made it through and got to the Music Hall. I experienced a mini-crisis once i got to the parking garage. The gate wasn't working!! You know, the gate that flings upward once you deposit the money to park. Well, two cars were behind me. Someone from inside the garage yelled out: "You have to come around to the back!!". So, all of us backed out and got into the traffic flow...went around back and got inside the garage that way.

While there i met three Clayfans from a site called "Clayversity". I didn't even bother to ask them their screen-names...one of them asked where i post and i told them "Claymaniacs" and i said i was like one of only 3 or 4 guys who post there and the rest were women of all ages.

Well, we went outside of the garage and got in line. We actually went INTO the little room just outside of the main doors to get out of the cold. Over the course of 40 minutes, this little room which housed me and the 3 others, blossomed into over 15 people!!!

The doors opened at 7pm...we all went inside. I bought some things at the merchandise counter. Later, i went into the actual auditorium to find my seat. I walked in and looked all around the place. It was very fancy!! The seats were red cushioned...HOWEVER, the orchestra pit seats were metal fold-out chairs lined up in rows 10 foot steps away from the stage. I was in Pit #3, Seat #1, Row #2 and i was VERY CLOSE to the stage. I was eye-level with the stage...Clay was so close i could see his neck muscles vibrate during his songs.

He did this thing with his hands...everytime he'd twinkle his fingers you'd hear that twinkling sound coming from the speakers...his rendition of "Jingle Bells" was great!! I loved "Emanuelle"; "Mary Did You Know"; "Sleigh Ride"; "Don't Save It All For Christmas Day"; and "Oh Holy Night"...i loved all the songs but those to me were the stand-outs...oh, and the duet of "Silver Bells".

The opening act, William Joseph, was good. One of the songs, "Within", had a simliar intro like Manilow's "Could It Be Magic", which THAT song was based on a piece by Chopin. William was seen playing piano throughout the whole show.

I called Lorraine before the show started. I was inside the auditorium by that time and was in my seat. I called just to let her know i was there on time without any problems.

During intermission i called Janet and re-capped what all had taken place in the first half.

Clay was in all white throughout the whole concert except for last couple of songs.

In a nut-shell, i LOVED the concert and i LOVED the skits that took place off to the left and right of the stage. The "Tommy" character got a big laugh during his mentioning of him coming in second during a talent contest...a reference to Clay's own career of course. I feel that the little skits enhance the concert quite a bit and after seeing the show, everything falls into place. I at first didn't know what i'd think of skits being thrown into the concert. I enjoyed it!!

I didn't meet anyone from Claymaniacs...i never saw Lora...maybe she saw me!? I don't know if Clay wears Stetson cologne but it was coming down from the stage...don't know if it was Clay i was smelling or William Joseph's cologne...i was amongst a throng of women so it couldn't have came from any of them!!

As i stated in the beginning of the review, i am glad i finally got to go to a Clay Christmas concert...AT LAST!!! IT WAS AMAZING!!

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2005, 11:27:31 AM »

Hello!! My husband, mom, her man and myself got home around 2:30 this morning. TIRED!! So...I am just taking a few moments to tell you what I thought.

We arrived at around 6:10 into the parking garage. The buses- and trucks- were RIGHT THERE across the street. You had the option of taking the skywalk over the street to end up in the Music Hall, or walk across the street and wait at what seemed to be the back door.

I was there in PLENTY of time..I chose to walk over and wait it out to see if we could see Clay. There were already a good 20 people of all ages and genders waiting. There was a security man/police officer there at all times. They came out and roped off the area with the yellow "caution" tape, cause that was "holding" back the crowd. OK.

Anyway, we saw Nick, Jerome, Angela and Quina in their jammie/sweat pants, we saw Mary, and Daniel and Andy and William Joseph. We saw Patrica Kent and her brother, the dancers. We saw NO CLAY. We went in about 7:15. My husband was very sweet. Positioned me so if he could call Clay over, Clay could shake my hand and he could snap the picture. He even was able to see inside the bus and was keeping track if the door was opening, or if he saw a shadow that even remotely looked like Clay! I know him well enough. He would have tried to get his attention for me and probably embarrased me some..maybe it was best Clay didn't come out.

I did hit the Clay stuff stand, Bought a key chain and program and tshirt. $55.00 gone in a matter of seconds. Also went and got a drink.

Let's see, outside we ran immediately into Mancmom and Huckleberry. They were coming up the opposite side of the steps as we were. Perfect timing.

I never once saw AC or my friend Mindy. At both intermissions, I looked all over for AC- even husband went with me, looking for flames on a shirt. Turns out I was not looking on the correct side of the stage. I knew row 2, but also was not realizing PIT...MAN!! He was CLOSE!! Good for you AC- so sorry we missed you. We even looked for you in the parking garage before and after the concert.

OK- Enough rambling...the concert.

I did enjoy it but in a different way from the rest of the tours. Even different from last years orchestra concert.

Let me first say- we were in row 16 to the right of the stage. We could see most everything just fine, but not intimately- like if you were closer.

It was VERY quiet to me. I don't mean the audience, I mean the music. Even the parts of O Holy Night that Clay can really cut loose and sing the heck out of, it never really seemed to raise in volume. Now, I don't  know if Clay was holding back, or if it was due to the sound...but for some reason, it didn't draw me in. Believe me when I say - I WANTED to be drawn in. But honestly, I wasn't. His voice was great. Sounded well. Not a bad sound system really..just so very quiet. I was not the only one that felt that. When comparing notes with my friends that sat in the 7th row in front of the speakers...they too just wanted to TURN IT UP!!

That said..it seemed to lose parts of the song. The parts that you just KNOW from hearing them sang live before, that Clay can belt it out...it didn't belt.

I am not trying to sound cynical in any way...I guess I am just trying to put into words today what none of us could quite put into words last night. We tried the show was "nice"...but that wasn't it, it was more than "nice". My husband said "inspirational"...that's good if it inspired him...I still wasn't feeling it. We tried "calming" and "meaningful"- but even those didn't quite describe the whole show. We went with "mellow"...yeah, but it was MORE than all those things...but still couldn't put a descriptive adjective on the show.

We enjoyed the skits..I really DID enjoy the Jingle Bells section very much...as much as the download I peeked at. As one of my friends said- "you can really just hear Clay saying those things, can't you?". Yes, I could..from his own lips.

The crowd was a good crowd. Before the concert, I noticed that I  did not see as many familiar faces as I have at previous concerts. I did see many that I recognized...but there seemed to be folks seeing Clay for the first or second  time. Like my situation. Taking along friends or family to see him for their second time...hoping to show them what we see in him. Hoping they also get feelings from his voice that maybe only a rare entertainer can elicit from them. I can honestly say, at least in my case, that did not happen. Maybe that is the ...looking for a non offensive word..."disappointment"...maybe, that I was feeling-didn't really convert any of my peeps in seeing the Clay I see. That is OK, but it's always nice to broaden the fan base. My mom's man said it sort of best last night. "It is a good thing I saw him perform at the JukeBox Tour first, to see what he can do in entertaining, because if I had to base it just on this show, I would not go again. It was kind of boring"

I wanted to disagree with him but I also didn't want to spark an argument that wasn't needed. He saw the JukeBox Tour and loved it..a lot. Enough to make a 65 year old man that is a musician, opinionated and set in his country music ways, to agree to come see him again. He was entitled to feel that way..since we didn't come up with a better word.

They did say that when his new CD is out, if they like the music, they would go again to see him live. I still think that is a huge accomplishment and compliment to Clay. They know Clay's talent and HOPE he has a great CD coming out next.....

Anyway- I DIGRESSED here BIG TIME!!

I really did think the show was good. I really did watch the the dancers and the actors as much or more than I looked at Clay. I was entertained.

He sounded great on Mary Did You Know. I knew from reading other reviews and cellcerts that he got standing O's for Emmanuel...none last night. None until the end during the whole show. There were a scattered few throughout that seemed to be die hard fans that I think TRIED to get folks to stand- but ..it was too....calming. It just didn't happen.

Merry Christmas With Love was very good. Of course, DSIAFC was and Good News was too. Quiana, again, if I am being honest.. (Sounds Like Simon Cowell...ewwwwww!!) brought goose bumps to me. It was the only song all night that caused goose bumps. She let it loose and really poored her heart into the performance and to me, at least, it showed.

Overall, I really like the show a LOT!! The whole thing being put together to blend the story...the acting was cute. The dancing was great. I can't think of anything bad to say about it EXCEPT that is was too quiet. I really believe that it took away from the performance of Clay.

As a side note here to my very long post...my husband DID fall asleep as I feared he would. He had worked sooo many long hours at his store for the Christmas rush that when it was dark, sitting in a comfy chair and TOO QUIET...I heard a little....snchnuuuuuuuukk......schnuuuuk.....looked over, and there was his head a hanging. TURKEY! He did wake up after I gave him a little shake of the hand...and he did try to pay attention the rest of the show...with his eyes rolling to the back of his head...LOL!!

To his his defense though...there were 2 people in the row in front of us...also sleeping.

I was hoping for Clay to break out into a LOUD rendition of "Great Balls of Fire!" to get their attention....that didn't happen.

Thanks for reading and if there are other folks that felt the same way..please post them here. Or if you felt differently, post them here too.

Lora
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2005, 02:23:00 PM »

AC,
I read your review in the OCD and I'm glad you enjoyed the concert. Great review!!

Lora,
I enjoyed your review, too.  This was a much more subdued concert than the Jukebox Tour.  I agree. I don't think it was boring, just a very calm, slower paced show.  I've been thinking that the Jukebox Tour concert was so demanding to Clay and everyone, both vocally and physically, with all the dancing and choreography, that the Clay troupe needed a tour that was more relaxed and less taxing.

Did you go to the buses after the concert?  Just curious.

Hugs,
Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2005, 02:45:10 PM »

Because I am lazy and because I offered more elaboration in the OCD thread...I copied and brought a continuation of my opinion above - I was discussing it with other members of the OCD...

Woody- Very welcome. I was SHOCKED you could hear it...it was just too quiet in my opinion. I was ready for the "Holy Wail" especially on O Holy Night, but it really didn't come. He was a bit louder on DSIAFCD and Good News sounded really good. Maybe THEN it was turned up?? I don't know. I am glad you could hear it and enjoyed it.

You guys KNOW I am one HUGE CLay fan and it hurt me almost to write what I did. Not that the SHOW itself was bad...not at all. Clay WAS in great voice, a bit crackly in a couple of the first few songs, but nothing that detracted from his talent or the show itself. It was just too......mellow.. there. I felt like I wanted to scream..I LOVE YOU Clay...just to see if I could shake it up a bit! LOL! The audience was a good audience. It was very respectful. No hollering at all....good crowd reaction to the show itself at the proper times. No standing Ovations but honestly...after as many shows as I have seen...I didn't feel the "need" either. After DSIAFCD...yes, for the show as a whole and for that performance. There was not one person I heard discuss the show after it was over...not one walking out. Even when I met up with friends, even we didn't discuss it, or gloat. I wouldn't even say it was an "off" night or anything, I think it was just the nature of the show. period. To me, there was nothing wrong at all with the whole thing..but it wasn't as memorable as others. At least not at this performance. By the way..It has NOTHING to do with the fact that Jacob is not there. The gals did just fine with the harmonies on their own. I didn't want anyone to think I was implying that. Good News was beautiful, the way the gals stood off to the side of the stage in front of doors that entered on the stage itself. The lighting of the show was very pretty, in my opinion, the way scenes changed etc. It added a wonderful touch.

The acting was fine...the little guy stumbled a few times, nothing major. Silver Bells was great! Angela also did a nice job on her song, not at all over the top. I KNEW when I could not HEAR her..as in felt the need to muffle and protect my ears when she hits her high notes..- which is what she is paid to do and does very well--it was the sound.

So Tammy- NO! I don't think that you will be dissapointed in any way with show. I smiled thru the biggest part of the first half and settled in to take in the second half. I wish I could see a second show just to see if it was ME that night?? BUT, as in what I said, it didn't seem to be as others also were saying some of the same things I was thinking.

Thanks for letting me share this!

Can't wait for the new CD and the next tour!! I will be there with bells on and cash in my pocket, ready to support Clay in any way I can!

Prissy- No, we did not wait for the busses. With my mom and hubby etc...there was NO way. As it was, we didn't get home until after 2:00 in the morning and hubby had to work. I have never been so lucky as to shake Clay's hand afterward. I have seen him from a row or two back and my friends have shaken his hand several times...I just am not that lucky. Although, I did wait my turn at the book signing and got to there. A dreamy day to be sure....

Lora
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2005, 06:07:48 PM »

Lora - what a really well written, thought out review.  Sounds like a very nice evening - just quite different from the jumpy JBT Clay!!
I am looking forward to seeing Clay on the 18th in Pensacola!! I will let you all know what I think of that show!!

AC - I liked your review too - so glad you finally got to see a Clay Christmas concert.  I wish just one time, that all the Claymaniacs family could go to one concert together - I just think that would be awesome!!  If only one of us was rich!!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2005, 06:45:01 PM »

I loved the quietness of the crowd and the mellow atmosphere. Prissy called it being subdued. I guess i'm more of a laid back person anyway and not into bouncy jumpy kind of things...not that i don't enjoy listening to up-tempo songs, but, i think the Joyful Noise concert had a classical-music slant since the material was religious and or inspirational based since the songs were centered around Christmas. Lora had spoken about seeing some people sleeping. The ones who WERE, i would say the style and pace of the concert was not for them but from where i was sitting, everyone was alert and attentive. I agree that the concert was quiet for the most part but again, i think that is what was needed for that kind of concert. 

I think Lora will find this funny...personally speaking, though, if i was wanting a "rocking" Christmas i'd dig out an Elvis LP called: "Elvis Christmas" or something and not go see Clay. Laughing Laughing

Clay isn't a rocker in my opinion {he was playing one on the Jukebox Tour during the mid '50s segment} and i'm glad the concert was in good taste and delivered as it should have been but that's my opinion of the crowd since i didn't post about them in detail in my review since i didn't think the crowd reception or whatever had anything to do with how i rated the performance of Clay Clapping Clapping

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
screaminrrieman
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2005, 06:57:24 PM »

LEt me just say this, you all probably saw me leave towards the end of the 1st half of the show.  Somehow, during the day, my stomach started acting up (not just the usual nerves before a great concert) and spent most of the concert in the mens room. I mean, why did I have to get sick last night, and at that time????? Maybe 3 hours later ???  I got to see most of the show but from the back of the hall as opposed to the 4th row center seats I had for a first time. My mom and sister stayed put and loved every minute of the show. Can't wait to see the pictures.
As far as the sound level, while sitting in the back, it was fine to me and I am in a rock band. Up front, it was very quiet but I guess the speakers pushed the music back. I hope I didn't get anyone sick and am glad that we didn't get to meet Clay. Don't wanna get the man sick for the rest of the tour. I am better today (of course) and feel cheated but for my moms sake, she got her monies worth !!!

I just wonder, could Clay put this show out on DVD and still get the meaning across like he did during the performance? What a beautiful show. Clay, you are the best entertainer. Oh yeah, did he sing the song, Celebrate me home ?  Wanted to hear 3 songs, that one, Oh Holy Night, and Mary did you know. Only heard Oh Holy Night.
I wanna go again.
Rick
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2005, 07:30:09 PM »

Yeah, he sang Celebrate Me Home! The crowd started applauding when they heard the intro to Mary Did You Know.

I was afraid to leave my seat because some of the fans were grabbing empty seats and sitting in them. Throughout the night, the row behind me, there were a few people who were always leaving for wherever and as soon as the seats were empty, here came fans from another part of the venue and sat down!

Of course they had to go to their own seats once the other people came back!!

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Galadriel
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2005, 03:51:37 PM »

As always, I am a day late and a dollar short here. LOL. I loved the show! I couldn't stay for the busses, I had to hail a cab and get back to my hotel. I did go to the pre-party and we raised $2000.00 for the BAF and got sign jammies that Clay wore out to the busses! Apparently, he is now inviting some fans on the bus! He invited Ethel again and someone else, I hear. I wasn't there. Cool!
screaminrrieman
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2005, 07:38:52 AM »

Yeah. I was up and down from my seat unfortunetly finding a seat in the restroom. LOL !!!  We are going to Nashville on the 16th so I can see the whole show. Taking my son this time. Should be great !!! Glad everyone loved the show. Correct me if I'm wrong, but an uptempo Christmas / play just wouldn't work in my opinion. I thought the mood was just right (except mine) the whole evening. We need this on DVD or as a Christmas special next year.
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2005, 05:14:29 PM »

Thanks Lori, by the way...like a week later! LOL!! I believe you will enjoy the show very much.

Galdriel- That is a VERY good preparty! That is a lot of money to have been raised. I received a photo in my email from Cincy at the busses...have you seen it? Someone stated they thought it looked as if he had the jammies on that were given to him!

Anyway, if you haven't seen - I can try to post it. I haven't used my photobucket in so long, I may not remember how!

AC- I again am so glad you enjoyed the show. By the way...from the second row in the pit- if you saw anyone sleeping in the FIRST row...they should have been arrested!! SO thank goodness, that did not happen. I spoke to another gal today that was at the concert. She really enjoyed the show, but met several in her row that had not seen Clay before. She noticed..they were yawning during it and she said that when the show was over, she turned to ask them what they thought..and they were already headed out! GONE!! So..I don't know that everyone really did get the full Clay affect...

Screaming!!!!- Hey, sorry about the way things came out for you.....(tee hee) at the show. It still sounds like you really enjoyed it though. What about your mom's comments? What did she think?? I am really glad you are able to travel to see him again. Thanks for saying it was quiet...I don't mean the show or how it was received for the crowd--I only mean the SOUND LEVEL....it needed to have his mike turned up.. or he needed to sing closer to it. I didn't mind the pace of the show at all.

I WISH this could be televised...or something similar. That would be entertaining on TV, I believe.

Have a good night all.........

Lora
screaminrrieman
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2005, 09:26:58 PM »

"What about your mom's comments? What did she think?? "
Besides all of the issues with the parking and the elevators in the garages not working and the couple of rude ushers, She loves Clay now more than ever. We just got our pictures developed (yeah, I'm so 90's with film ) but they didn't turn out as good as we saw. Oh well, we have memories of a fantastic show. Man, I need a digital.  She put up her Christmas tree today while listening to Merry Christmas with Love and the A I Christmas CD. I'm getting the tickets to Nashville Monday. Have to call the box office to get handicapped specific seats. She wasn't sure she wanted to go only due to prior engagements the next night ect.... and with the potential winter weather but she's not a bit worried now. The power of Clays voice and the way he makes her feel, her upcoming knee repacement surgery will go smooth !!!  Oh yeah, her ticket will be her bday present, only 2 days early. Now for a meet and greet !!! Wink
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2005, 02:30:02 AM »

AC- I again am so glad you enjoyed the show. By the way...from the second row in the pit- if you saw anyone sleeping in the FIRST row...they should have been arrested!! SO thank goodness, that did not happen. I spoke to another gal today that was at the concert. She really enjoyed the show, but met several in her row that had not seen Clay before. She noticed..they were yawning during it and she said that when the show was over, she turned to ask them what they thought..and they were already headed out! GONE!! So..I don't know that everyone really did get the full Clay affect...
=================================
Oh wow! I know that there was this reporter type person sitting next to me. She had a really high-tech camera {no flash of course} and she was snapping pictures. I noticed that after i had taken out my little note-pad to scribble down some things as i was doing a rough-draft of the goings-on for my concert review, SHE took out a little tablet too and started writing.

Of course, my eyes drifted down and saw a lot of rings on her hand...soooo, my eyes went back to Clay...she was one the women talking in the background when i had called Lorraine as i sat in the pit.

That "reporter" as i called her left during intermission...and someone else came along and sat down in her seat.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
screaminrrieman
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2005, 04:32:34 PM »

We were going to go to the Nashville show but due to Christmas time stresses and other commitments, we have to pass this time.     I did see that there is a JNT 05' dvd on Ebay. Anyone know about  this ?
karen28
UltimateFan

A "Perfect Day" is every day I listen to Clay!!

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2005, 07:02:33 AM »

=================================
Oh wow! I know that there was this reporter type person sitting next to me. She had a really high-tech camera {no flash of course} and she was snapping pictures. I noticed that after i had taken out my little note-pad to scribble down some things as i was doing a rough-draft of the goings-on for my concert review, SHE took out a little tablet too and started writing.

Of course, my eyes drifted down and saw a lot of rings on her hand...soooo, my eyes went back to Clay...she was one the women talking in the background when i had called Lorraine as i sat in the pit.

That "reporter" as i called her left during intermission...and someone else came along and sat down in her seat.

Hi Jerry!  Could this be your "reporter type person?"  Pictures and all!  Looks like she had a very good seat to me, like you had!   http://www.musicnewsmagazine.net/JoyfulNoiseTour05.html

Baby Dust I LOVE AND SUPPORT CLAY ~ FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY!!!  Baby Dust
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2005, 07:42:58 AM »

Thanks for posting that! She might have been the person who was sitting next to me!! I looked at those pictures and that's exactly how i saw Clay from my seat. I wish i had taken a camera but with the way my hands shake when i'm nervous, i'd drop the camera!!

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
karen28
UltimateFan

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2005, 08:26:07 AM »

I know what you mean, Jerry!  I had front row in Dayton for the JBT.  I could literally reach out and touch the stage.  You would think I'd get some wonderful shots!  When he came to my end of the stage, tho, I was shaking, couldn't do a thing, and probably missed out on eye contact from fumbling around with my camera!  I did get a couple decent shots, from when he was farther away (thus, less trembling!! LOL!).  My avie is one of my best shots from that!

ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2005, 09:30:19 AM »

So THAT is where you got your avatar. You can guess where i got mine!! The Clay holiday special from last year. I was wanting an avatar of Clay and Barry Manilow in a "split-screen" but since the avatar size is too small for a much detailed head shot of both of them, i was given the one i have where Clay, Barry, and Yolanda are singing. I'm a fan of Clay and Barry!!

I never got to go to the Jukebox Tour. I had to work...he never appeared in Ohio for the weekend...so when i learned he was appearing in Cincinnati for a SATURDAY night Joyful Noise concert i jumped on that one!! Youngstown is too far to drive for a SUNDAY night concert and so i never went to that one.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
karen28
UltimateFan

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2005, 02:00:25 PM »

Oh, Jerry, you would've loved the JBT!!!  I'm really sorry that one didn't work out for you.  Everyone on stage seemed to be having so much fun with it!  And that feeling of having fun was passed on to us in the audience!  My hope is that, down the road, possibly a year from this coming summer, that he'll have the JBT2!!   If he does, beg and plead for a day off, cuz you really need to see that! 

ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2005, 10:03:22 PM »

Hello Karen! Should Clay do a summer tour and make an appearance in Ohio, i SHOULD be able to attend that since a lot of my occurences will be taken off my file at work. We have a system where employee's are only allowed a certain number of days they can call-off work and i was near the limit and so THAT is the reason i couldn't call-in at work and see the JBT. It came to Ohio several times i think...i think it hit the Ohio State Fair and living 90 minutes from Columbus it was kind of difficult to go to work that night knowing Clay was so close.

I live within 90 minutes from Cincinnati, Columbus, and Dayton. So, should Clay hit those areas on his next tour, i oughta be able to attend at least one {it would be great if his Ohio shows were all weekend engagements so i could attend them all and NOT have to call-in at work}.

Luckily, someone on here sent me a DVD of his JBT performances and it was as if i were there. I love old music...old songs. I'm a nostalgia nut anyway and so i knew the music already and i liked Clay's versions of a lot of the songs. I hope he'll do a sequel to the JBT on down the road. I also wish he would do a tour covering the pre-rock pop songs {crooners like Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Dennis Day, and Perry Como} or maybe COUNTRY music...but as you indicated, with a new CD reportedly on the way, his next tour will be to promote the new music and i HOPE he hits Ohio on his next tour!!!

We're wanting the tour to be called "Back For More", named for one of the new songs. I'd like the CD to be called "Back For More" too.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx