gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:56:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 248
Total: 248

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: JNTII: Music Hall Cincinnati OH Nov 26 MeetUps & Reviews  (Read 17448 times)
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2005, 09:59:02 AM »

got three tix in orch pit 2 row 4 seats 1-3. Very happy !!!  1 of the seats are for my mom who is in a wheelchair so she is soooooo very happy !!!
=======================
HELLO ALL...I THOUGHT I'D POP ON AND LET YOU ALL KNOW THAT I GOT my TICKET THIS MORNING AT THE MUSIC HALL BOX OFFICE. I WAS AMAZED AT HOW EASY IT WAS TO FIND! EXIT 2, SOUTH 42-READING ROAD, OFF I-71 SOUTH AND FOLLOW THAT ROAD UNTIL YOU COME TO ELM STREET AND TURN RIGHT...THEN TURN LEFT TOWARD THE PARKING GARAGE! IT SHOULD BE A BREEZE TO LEAVE THE PLACE, RIGHT? Laughing

ANYWAY, I QUOTED YOUR POST BECAUSE my TICKET IS FOR ORCHESTRA PIT #3. ROW 2, SEAT 1! IT SOUNDS LIKE WE'LL BE IN THE SAME VICINITY DURING THE CONCERT! IF ANYONE SEE'S A MAN WITH A JULIE PIN ON THE LEFT SIDE OF HIS LOUD SHIRT, that WILL BE ME... 

SAVALADE: I THINK THERE MIGHT BE SOME WELL RESPECTED HOTELS NEAR THE EASTGATE MALL AREA OF CINCINNATI. I'M SURE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO FIND ONE ONCE YOU GET TO CINCINNATI. STICK WITH THE SUBURBS AND EASY ACCESS TO 1-71 AND YOU'RE BOUND TO FIND A HOTEL. LIKE LORA, I LIVE CLOSE TO CINCY AND SO I'LL BE DRIVING HOME AFTER THE SHOW. I LIVE ABOUT AN HOUR TO 90 MINUTES AWAY...DEPENDING ON TRAFFIC Laughing

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
claysadream
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2005, 04:29:19 PM »

Posted on the Clayboard by crispycreme:

For the Cincinnati JNT2, here is a list of hotels and prices in downtown Cinti an across the river in N KY. I will list them by price and/or quality. (Tax extra)
Cinti hotels are 1.3 miles from Music Hall and
N KY locations are 2.7 miles a[/b]

CINCINNATI

Hilton Netherland W5th/Race 2Dbl Bds $209-219
Old historic hotel,restaurants on site, very classy
The Cincinnatian Vine St 6 rms dbl bds $165-195
Historic, very classy,bath tubs, balconies,
on site restaurants
Westin W5th/Elm 2 dbl bds $119-139 Across from historic Fountain Sq. (under renovation)
Hyatt Regency W5th/Elm 2 dbl bds $154
Restaurants on site, SAKS 5th Ave connected
Garfield Suites W8th/Vine 2 qn beds $99
2 bdrm suites w/one bed ea rm,kitchen, living room
Terrace Hotel W6th/Vine 2 dbl bds $$129
Suite w/sofa bd $139
Self-serve Brkft area, Mediterranian rest. attached
Millineum W5th/Elm 2 dbl bds $89
Restaurant on site
**Other smaller motels, (Days Inn, Red Roof, etc) are located near I-275 loop abot 10-15 miles from venue. ======================================================
KENTUCKY (all in Covington)
Embassy Suites Rivercenter Blvd 2 beds $165-185 Marriott Rivercenter Blvd 2 beds $139
Amos Shinkle B&B Garrard St dbl occ $95-165
www.amosshinkle.net (must see)
Radisson I-75/5th 2 beds $175 Courtyard by Marriott W 3rd 2 queen $$94-99
Revolving restaurant on top
Hampton Inn Crescent Ave 2 beds $99
***check discount websites for lower rates on all hotels
These are mostly in very nice area, but I have not had time to visit KY.

savalade
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2005, 07:39:02 AM »

THanks so much for the hotel information.  You gave a lot of choices.  Can't wait for the concert
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2005, 07:06:05 PM »

AC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to congratulate you on a number of things!!

First of all- YOUR SEAT! You lucky lucky man! That is great! I am  jealous!!!!!!

Second- I am proud of you for driving there on your own, going to the place and getting the ticket. I know you don't relish driving in cities and traffic and you did it anyway. Congrats!

I also think it is awesome you are doing it again! Heading off to parts unknown to us to be a fan of Clay. Show your support through attendance and spending your hard earned money on a ticket.

I just felt I wanted to tell you that. I look forward to running into you there. I don't believe we will arrive early enough to go to any possible preparties, but I will most certainly look for you at the Music Hall. Plan for a hand shake and a quick hello hug!

Oh- and Juli and Karen upgraded their seat also at the Saturday sale (on the internet). They are now 7th row...I think section 2. I am staying where I am with my husband and mom and man. If I keep telling myself my seat is fine..it is just fine- I may actually believe it. Until I walk in there and see all of you guys ahead of me!!LOL!!

Something is very wrong when you are offered presale tickets for seats- and NOT at a discounted rate, then find that the seats offered to the general public are better. It is just wrong. Period. Maybe they need to discount them in the future if that is what they are going to do. Just me thinking out loud......

Lora
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2005, 09:42:43 PM »

AC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to congratulate you on a number of things!!

First of all- YOUR SEAT! You lucky lucky man! That is great! I am  jealous!!!!!!

Second- I am proud of you for driving there on your own, going to the place and getting the ticket. I know you don't relish driving in cities and traffic and you did it anyway. Congrats!

I also think it is awesome you are doing it again! Heading off to parts unknown to us to be a fan of Clay. Show your support through attendance and spending your hard earned money on a ticket.

I don't believe we will arrive early enough to go to any possible preparties, but I will most certainly look for you at the Music Hall. Plan for a hand shake and a quick hello hug!

Something is very wrong when you are offered presale tickets for seats- and NOT at a discounted rate, then find that the seats offered to the general public are better. It is just wrong.
=========================
LORA...WHAT YOU SAID IN THE ABOVE PARAGRAPH IS WHAT STUNS ME, TOO! I WASN'T EVEN PART OF THE PRE-SALE BECAUSE I HAVE NO CREDIT CARDS AND SO I COULDN'T PARTICIPATE. BUT I WAS STUNNED THAT THE WOMAN AT THE BOX OFFICE OFFERED ME THAT TICKET. I WAS THE FIRST IN LINE SINCE I WAS THERE SINCE 9:15am...PEOPLE WERE JUST STARTING TO ARRIVE THERE WHEN I WAS WALKING BACK TO THE PARKING GARAGE WITH MY TICKET.

WHEN SHE SAID ORCHESTRA PIT #3, ROW 2, SEAT 1 I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EARS...I FELT ROW 2 MUST BE GOOD...I EVEN QUESTIONED HOW GOOD THE SEAT WAS WHEN I CAME ON-LINE SATURDAY EVENING. EVEN I DIDN'T KNOW THE QUALITY OF THE SEAT....IT SHOWS YOU HOW MUCH I KNOW ABOUT CONCERT SEATING.

I HOPE TO RUN INTO PEOPLE FROM HERE. IT'S GONNA BE IN LATE NOVEMBER AND PROBABLY COLD AND SO I DON'T THINK I'LL BE UP FOR ANY OF THE PRE-CONCERT PARTIES...BUT WHO KNOWS?? MAYBE IF PEOPLE PARK IN THE GARAGE BEHIND THE MUSIC HALL LIKE I DID SATURDAY, MAYBE I'LL SEE SOME PEOPLE STANDING AROUND THERE BEFORE THE CONCERT STARTS!?! I THINK IT WAS CALLED THE CENTRAL PARKWAY GARAGE??? ANYWAY, I DROVE DOWN ELM STREET AND TURNED LEFT BECAUSE THERE WAS A BIG GREEN "P" SIGN POINTING IN THAT DIRECTION AND SO I JUST PULLED INTO THAT GARAGE, PAID THE $1.50 AND DROVE RIGHT IN Laughing

I'LL PROBABLY BE IN MY WINTER COAT...IF SO, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO NOTICE ME UNTIL after WE ALL GO INTO THE MUSIC HALL. I'LL HAVE ON A WHITE SHIRT WITH BLUE FLAMES AND BE WEARING MY BLUE JEANS AND I'LL HAVE MY JULIE PIN ON WHICH IS WHAT I HAD ON THE DAY I GOT THE CLAY TICKET. I'LL PROBABLY STAND-OUT FROM THE CROWD AND YOU'LL NOTICE ME RIGHT AWAY. Laughing

OH...LAST BUT NOT LEAST...THANKS FOR SAYING ALL OF THAT ABOUT ME IN YOUR POST! THIS WAS JUST TOO GOOD TO PASS UP AND SINCE CINCY IS PRACTICALLY IN MY BACK-YARD I JUST HAD TO GET A TICKET. IT BEING A SATURDAY WAS WONDERFUL BECAUSE IT'S NOT A WORK NIGHT. I KNOW A LITTLE BIT MORE ABOUT CINCY THAN I KNOW OF DAYTON WHERE YOU AND I AND THE OTHERS SAW HIM AT THE NUTTER CENTER.

DON'T LAUGH BUT I'VE LISTENED TO WLW RADIO FOR SO LONG AND HEARD JOHN PHILLIPS, THE TRAFFIC REPORTER, NAME DROP STREETS AND PLACES FOR SO MANY YEARS I FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE DRIVING IN CINCINNATI but LIKE YOU SAID, IT'S STILL A CITY AND ALL OF THAT TRAFFIC CAN GET TO ME QUICK!!

TICKETMASTER DIDN'T CARRY TICKETS TO THIS SHOW AND SO I HAD TO GO IN PERSON AT THE BOX OFFICE...IN DOWNTOWN CINCINNATI...I'M VERY GLAD THAT I STUDIED THE DIRECTIONS FROM MAP-QUEST AND IT WAS A BREEZE GETTING THERE. THE ONLY MISTAKE I MADE WAS I DIDN'T GET IN A TURNING LANE QUICK ENOUGH AND I HAD TO GO DOWN TO THE NEXT STREET OVER AND CIRCLE BACK SINCE IT'S ALL ONE-WAY STREETS DOWN THERE. I WON'T MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN, THOUGH!

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
screaminrrieman
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2005, 08:05:51 PM »

Accfan, so you are from either Lexington, Louisville, Indy, Columbus or points real close to that? I will be there with my MOM (who just announced that Clay has bumped Elvis from her #1 entertainer) and my older sister who loves Clay. I just appreciate good music, an honest person , and being that I'm in a band and basically an unknown just like Clay before his break, I dig him for even trying. I almost tried out for the "new Monkees" tv show back in the early 90's. Never did so Clay has that over me. He tried out for something. Oh yeah, I can't sing !!! Laughing
As far as driving down, I'd say go I-75 south to where the Union terminal exit is and turn left. Music hall is about 2 miles or less on the left. WCET is located there with a great covered parking lot. It does fill up quickly so getting there early is a must.
Hotels, try the internet sites like expedia ect.... should find good low rates.  Hope to meet everyone there. Can't wait because Christmas is my favourite Holiday and this should get me motivated to gettin me in the mood. Wish I had a special woman to share the night with other than my family LOL !!!  Patience will get me far I hope.
Be safe !!!

www.daddylonglegz.com
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2005, 10:24:43 PM »

Screamin, were you absent the day Daddylonglegz had their picture taken, or do you just like being mysterious?  Wink  The Monkees - I watched them.  Mainly because they were goofy. I liked goofy then, and
I like goofy now too.  I'll check out your music -- your track list is great!

A friend of mine that's going to this concert said she is staying "across the line" in Kentucky?
I don't know how far that is from the venue, but she says there are nice hotels there, and cheaper
than Cincinnati.  Just thought I would share that.

It sounds like you all got great tickets!  Even compared to people on other websites.  Congrats!

Purple Banana

screaminrrieman
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2005, 05:33:58 AM »

Pamela,
I actually just rejoined the band last December. I was on paternity leave due to my adopting a then 4 year old boy. He now is 8. Just needed to be there for him and not playing in bars till 3 am ect.... Just something I had to do !!!
Thanks for checking out the website. Sign the guestbook if you can and we are in the process of getting new pictures taken.
It's only 2 or so miles away from the venue and make sure you tell them to check out Newport on the Levee. So much to do there !!!
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2005, 08:30:13 AM »

Accfan, so you are from either Lexington, Louisville, Indy, Columbus or points real close to that? I will be there with my MOM (who just announced that Clay has bumped Elvis from her #1 entertainer) and my older sister who loves Clay.
==========================
I LIVE ABOUT 2 HOURS NORTHEAST OF CINCINNATI. THE BIGGEST TOWN NEAR ME IS WILMINGTON...WHICH IS ABOUT AN HOUR AWAY FROM ME. THE DRIVE FOR ME WILL BE I-71 SOUTH OUT OF WILMINGTON. I PARKED IN THE PARKING GARAGE LOCATED EITHER NEXT TO OR BEHIND THE MUSIC HALL. WHEREVER IT WAS, IT HAD ONE OF THOSE BRIDGE-TUNNEL-WALKWAY THINGS UP IN THE AIR THAT CONNECTED THE GARAGE TO THE MUSIC HALL BECAUSE THAT'S HOW I LEFT THE GARAGE BY WALKING THROUGH THAT TUNNEL. IT ONLY COST $1.50 TO PARK THERE...WHEREVER IT WAS Laughing ALL I KNOW IS I WAS DRIVING DOWN ELM STREET AND I SAW A GREEN SIGN WITH A "P" FOR PARKING AND SO I FOLLOWED THE DIRECTION AND GOT INTO A PARKING GARAGE. Laughing I PLAN ON PARKING THERE AGAIN AND SO I'LL GET THERE EARLY!

I'LL BE GOING ALONE BUT I HOPE TO SEE SOME OF THE CLAYMANIACS AGAIN.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
screaminrrieman
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2005, 06:45:21 PM »

Anyone else concerned about the actual ticket sales for Cincy ?  After reading other message boards, it seems that so many fans bought duplicate tickets to see if they could get better. I know I won't but if I get the time, I'm gonna see how many fans and seats are for sale at least on that site. (Won't mention other sites out of respect here Pamela Wink )
I guess if you got the money, might as well spend it on Clay. My last credit card statement  had three transactions which had to do with Clay. Tickets, JNT tourbook from EBAY, and  something else for my moms Bday in December. WOO HOO !!! Can't say since she reads this from time to time. Paranoid
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2005, 08:59:37 AM »

wave Hello! I've not been following the sales of tickets for the Music Hall show. I really never thought much about it. Is there a way to find out if a venue is selling good?? Last year all of his holiday shows were sell-out's.

Do you mean that fans are actually buying more than one ticket from various ticket outlets JUST to see which ticket is the cheapest or which ticket gave them a better seat?? I won't do that either.

Can't wait for the show to get here!!

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
screaminrrieman
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2005, 05:42:48 PM »

Fans have bought  two sets of tickets because better seats have become available. It's all over other boards and it just scares me . I do think that the show will sell out but so far I have only seen 1 small blurb in the Cincy Friday edition  weekender . The closer it gets to the show, and the more it is advertised, locally and in national media (Entertainment tonight ect...), the show will sell out !!!
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2005, 07:38:54 AM »

The closer it gets to the show, and the more it is advertised, locally and in national media, the show will sell out !!!
============================
I haven't had the chance to check AC radio stations in the area. We've got a few...but only one in Cincinnati that i'm aware of and that's 98.5 WRRM, also known as Warm98. In fact, Warm98 was one of the AC stations that played "Solitaire" when a lot of the AC stations in Ohio weren't playing it. Warm98 ALSO played a lot of Clay's holiday songs during those two weeks where everything is programmed ahead of time and it's nothing but Christmas music. I believe Warm98 and the Dayton AC station, Lite 99.9, may advertise the concert but i'd find is really strange if the Cincinnati AC station didn't promote the concert as it draws closer. 

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
ILClaymate
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2005, 07:49:22 PM »

Here's a concert poster that I made if you would like to print it, help yourself!  Great advertising for your car!

screaminrrieman
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2005, 08:05:13 PM »

I made a few !!!  Thanks, 1 is for my sisters car. Should help, at least me !!! ROFLMAO
karen28
UltimateFan

A "Perfect Day" is every day I listen to Clay!!

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2005, 06:03:57 AM »

Thanks for posting about the parking garage, Jerry!  We're staying at a hotel about 5 blocks away, and were planning on grabbing a cab.  But this sounds better, both financially plus we won't have to fight the crowds over taxis after!!!

Baby Dust I LOVE AND SUPPORT CLAY ~ FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY!!!  Baby Dust
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2005, 12:07:28 PM »

Thanks for posting about the parking garage, Jerry!  We're staying at a hotel about 5 blocks away, and were planning on grabbing a cab.  But this sounds better, both financially plus we won't have to fight the crowds over taxis after!!!
===============================
Hello Karen! I wish i could remember the name of that parking garage. I imagine, though, that the price for parking there will be spiked up since there's a concert at the Music Hall. The city has to make money, too! From what i've read about the concert from some of the people at the OCD, it sounds like a good show. Of course, it's Clay! There's nothing bad anyway.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2005, 06:28:36 PM »

Hey AC- I read your p.m............

I take it you are looking to start a party here...and we DO only have 3 MORE DAYS until we see The Clay...hard to believe it has really gotten here so quickly. I haven't even chosen what to wear!!!

I am very much looking forward to seeing Clay again and the many familiar faces we see of the dedicated fans Clay has! Also looking forward to meeting some new ones...

SO..if you ARE attending this concert..come out of the woodwork and give a big HE!! Yeah!!......oh wait...wrong artist...that's Gretchen Wilson.

How about just a Hello and share your excitement here, or any concerns you might have!!

It is just around the corner!

Lora
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2005, 09:42:26 PM »

Hello!

The KC concert was just wonderful.  You all are in for a real treat!  I was able to meet up with  Meesa, Sarah, Terry, Nicole, and also Frankie and her hubby Lewis at the concert, and at the buses, Audra, and her sister Lauren. 

If you let each other know approximately where you are sitting, row and section, you can visit before the concert and at intermission.

If you would like to see my photos and review, it's in the Midland Theater KC thread, scroll down on p. 3.

Clay came out at the buses at 1:00 am, there was no barrier, and he touched everyone's hand, mine included!! Thud!

I hope everyone has a great time at the concert.

Hugs,
Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2005, 08:26:44 PM »

...we DO only have 3 MORE DAYS until we see The Clay...hard to believe it has really gotten here so quickly. I haven't even chosen what to wear!!!

I am very much looking forward to seeing Clay again and the many familiar faces we see of the dedicated fans Clay has! Also looking forward to meeting some new ones...
=================================
Hello Lora!!! It's 11:15pm now...that means at the stroke of midnight, only ONE day away from Clay!! Thanks for the PM mention! If i didn't come here to the concert thread, i wouldn't have known you had read the PM yet. I plan on leaving my house around 2pm...yes...i know Cincinnati is practically 90 minutes away but i'm allowing myself some time for any heavy traffic...any detours...or if i make a wrong turn i'll have time to circle around and get back on the right track. I envision not having any problems, though...once i get off Elm Street and go to the parking garage at WCET-TV i'll be where i'm wanting to be...there's a walkway from that garage into the Music Hall.

I think we'll have to walk downstairs, go back outside, to the front of the Music Hall, and get in line like i had to do at the Palace Theatre in Columbus when i saw George Jones earlier this year. I'll be hanging around in the parking garage up near that walkway for most of the time, though. i hope the doors open at least an HOUR before showtime...I wanna check out that souvenir stand.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx