gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:32:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 405
Total: 405

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 9/11 Tribute  (Read 3571 times)
Michael
« on: September 10, 2005, 05:39:33 PM »

I would invite everyone to visit the main page at http://www.claymaniacs.com and have a look at the tribute we have up in rememberence of 9/11.  I would like to thank our fellow forum member "Jan" for allowing me to share her picture with us that is currently on display at the New York Public Library and the Spenser Museum of Art in Kansas City.

Michael

claydevotee
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 06:19:12 PM »

Wow, that's very powerful, Michael.  Thanks to you for creating this webpage and thanks to our very talented Jan for sharing her thought-provoking artwork with all of us.
songbird457
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 06:40:12 PM »

I can't believe more people didn't comment on this yet! My first reaction to the homepage was "Wow" That is just beautiful - thanks for sharing, Michael. I loved the hurricane tribute and now in the time of 9/11, in all it's remembrance, I pray for all of us in our time today.
May we never forget.....

p.s. just saw that Jan did the artwork. Jan, that is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing that will all of us too!
ILClaymate
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 07:46:12 PM »

Thanks Michael and Jan.  Very touching and beautiful.  Hard to believe its been 4 years already.  Still seems like yesterday.

Thanks again Michael for all your hard work here.
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 08:06:24 PM »

Michael, thanks for doing this in remembrance.  Being Canadian we felt your pain my wonderful American friends, we will never forget.  Our home flew an American flag for weeks in tribute to the many people who lost their lives. God Bless America

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
claydevotee
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 08:14:34 PM »

Being Canadian we felt your pain my wonderful American friends, we will never forget.  Our home flew an American flag for weeks in tribute to the many people who lost their lives. God Bless America

Sharon, that was so beautiful.  Until recently, when I finally had the wonderful opportunity to meet so many beautiful Canadians like you, Chrisie and others, I always felt that Canadians were hostile towards Americans.  Thank you for your support of our country.  I am proud to call you a friend. Huggles
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 08:16:50 PM »

Thea, backatcha Huggles

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2005, 09:05:43 PM »

AS SOON AS I SAW IT, I KNEW JAN DID THE WORK.  WONDERFUJL.  THANKS, MICHAEL.

AND---JAN---THANK YOU.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2005, 09:56:48 PM »

Wow! Thanks Michael and Jan. Like Clandy said, it's hard to believe it was 4 years ago.

I will never forget. 

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Clayhottiefan007
Enthusiastic

Brett and Clay's Lil Freshman College TCC Girl!!!

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2005, 10:07:48 PM »

OMG MICHEAL THAT IS SOOOOO CUTE!!! I LOVE IT!!

love alwayz and 4ever

Kat

Kat. Huggles
DHS Class of '09
In loving memory of Debi <3
Got Clayed on 7/7/07 in Tulsa
TCC Class of '12
Be Smart and be ABOVE THE INFLUENCE and NOT UNDER
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2005, 04:26:47 AM »

Thank you Michael and Jan....

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

Tamaraluv
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2005, 05:33:07 AM »

Simply a beautiful tribute for such a tragic event....God Be with us All
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2005, 07:04:34 AM »

MICHAEL - JUST BEAUTIFUL.  THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING THAT.  SO MANY ARE GONE BUT THEY SURE WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

THANKS
RAINEY
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2005, 07:18:38 AM »

Thank you, Michael and Jan.   Huggles
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
Claymaniac113078
Enthusiastic

Forever Starstruck

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2005, 07:39:36 AM »

9/11/05 A Tribute to the Past, the Present and the Future

9/11/01 - The Past - It was a day we will never forget.  We all remember where we were and what we were doing the exact moment the first plane hit Tower 1.  For me, at first, I thought it was just an accident.  Terrorism here?  I never even thought about it before.  I really never watched the news before this tragedy.  For months after 9/11 I was glued to the tv every night, horrified by what I was watching.  The reality of it was overwhelming living just an hour outside the city.  My sister ate dinner at a restaurant at the top of the towers just the night before.  It was amazing how the people of the United States came together.  We gave "til it hurt" and joined together in prayer and hope.  It was the first time I have felt such unity.  Even though I did not know anyone who lost their lift in that tragedy, I felt their pain and cried for their loss and their bravery.  The heroes of that day will never be forgotten. 

9/11/05 - The Present - Now we are dealing with a tragedy of Mother Nature.   It doesn't seem fair that anyone should have to deal with this type of emotional chaos.  The children, the adults and the animals....helpless.  Friends and family....gone.  This not long after watching the tragedy from the victims of the tsunami.  Once again, the people of the United States join together to help out the people in the Gulf coast after all we have recently done to help those in need in another part of the world. 

9/11/05 - The Future - We pray hard that what the weathermen are predicting for Tuesday, 9/13 is downright wrong.  The NC coast prepares for yet another hurricane.  I am praying hard that this storm turns away from the coast.  Whatever happens, We, the Americans, will be there for you.

I also want to take a minute to remember those who have lost their lives and those who are still fighting for freedom in Iraq.  May God be with them and bring them safely home to their families.

I have never felt so proud to be an American! God Bless America!! 

Maybe love requires walking through the fire to set me free so I can rise up from the ashes ~Clay Aiken

"Hi Cindy, this is Clay Aiken....Happy Valentine's Day!"  I will NEVER be the same!!
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2005, 07:44:15 AM »

THANK YOU MICHAEL FOR THIS THREAD... Huggles

I'M REMEMBER LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY...

THE DAY STARTED OFF BEAUTIFIL, I MARVEL HOW SUNNY AND PLEASANT IT BEGAN., LITTLE DID I KNOW WHAT A TRAGIC DAY WOULD UNFOLD...

I WAS IN WORK ATTENDING TO THE PATIENTS IN THE RECEPTION AREA WHEN MY HUSBAND CALLED.  HE TOLD ME OF THE FIRST PLANE THAT HIT THE WORLD TRADE. AT FIRST, I THOUGHT IT WAS A HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE ACCIDENT.. BUT THEN WHEN SECOND PLANE HIT, I KNEW SOMETHING SINSTER WAS HAPPENING..  THE PATIENTS STARTED TO SHOW CONCERN AS WE ALL WERE GLUED TO THE RADIO.  WE GASP WHEN THE PENTAGON WAS ATTACKED.  THEN MY HUSBAND CALLED AGAIN  BOTH WTC TOWERS COLLASPED TO  THE GROUND AND HE WAS CALLED INTO WORK (POLICE OFFICER).  MY HEART SANK EVEN FURTHER...I WAS SCARED THAT PHILADELPHIA WAS GOING TO  BE ATTACKED BECAUSE OF A NATIONAL HISTORIC AREAS..

DURING THIS TIME I PRAYED SO HARD FOR PEACE...

THEN, THERE WAS ANNOUCED OVER THE RADIO, THAT ALL WORKERS IN PHILADELPHIA THAT WORK IN BUILDINGS THAT HAD 30 FLOORS OR MORE TO EVACUATE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.  MY BOSS THE DOC. QUICKLY TOOK CARE OF THE PATIENTS THAT WERE ALREADY THERE AND I CALLED THOSE PATIENTS WHO WERE SCHEDULED FOR APPOINTMENTS IN THE AFTERNOON TO RESCHEDULE.. WE LEFT AROUND NOON TIME..

WHEN I GOT HOME, I WATCHED IN HORROR, SEEING THE WTC TOWERS BEING HIT AND THEN COLLASPING.

THEN, I HEARD ABOUT THE BRAVERY OF FLIGHT 93 IN SCHENKSVILLE AND I CRIED AND HAD A LUMP IN MY THROAT...

THESE BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN SHOWED WHAT AMERICA WAS REALLY ABOUT...

THEY GAVE THE ULTIMATE SARIFICE, THEIR LIVES FOR OUR FREEDOM..

AND I GIVE THANKS TO GOD FOR COUNTRY AND ALL THOSE WHO SERVE THIS COUNTRY THROUGH THE ARMED FORCES.. I CAN NEVER SAY ENOUGH THANK YOU'S TO THEM WHO GUARD AND PROTECT US!

LOVE YA

PHILLY
a friend in need
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2005, 12:01:32 PM »

I was at friends in Colorado that morning and woke up to be told to turn the tv on just in time for the second plane, coming from britain I'm used to seeing terrorist attacks on tv but that was still a day I remember vividly.  I return to the UK on 10/11 and stood in security queues with just the tv screens around us set to cnn and the first month memorial services at ground zero.

I love america and will never stop trying to get there as much as I can and have promised myself never to let one of the occasional scares about threats to flights there ever stop me boarding a flight to be with my friends there as that would be letting the terrorist win.

My heart goes out to the familes of  people that day 4 years ago, in bali, turkey madrid and more recently were killed or injured and also to the people on the gulf coast recently hit by Katrina

Stephen
Leveland
SuperFan

RALEIGH'S TRAINER

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2005, 06:21:49 AM »

Thanks so much for starting this thread we need to never forget that day.!!!!

Jan what wonderful work.  We miss you so much.  I think of you everytime I look at my wonderful Clay art that you sent me. 

Love, Terry

A  Founding Member of Claygirls
A blessed Clay Fan
Life is one bumpy road, But all of my Claygirls make it a lot easier ride.
In memory of  CH Leveland Jedi Jewel (Dallas) the best Dog in the world.  9-19-1994 to 12-24-2007
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx