gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:52:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 257
Total: 257

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IS THERE ANY CONNECTION??? - THE JBT & AI2  (Read 3007 times)
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« on: August 31, 2005, 06:02:09 PM »

I orginally posted this over in tonight's cellcert thread and Pamela suggested I make a separate thread for it as well.

I've been thinking about all the songs in Clay's JBT for awhile and how some of them correlate to AI2 so closely, specifically related to the Guest Judges they had.  So, I decided to actually look into it yesterday.   There were 9 celebrity judges in total and there are only 2 that weren't included in the tour at all...Olivia Newton-John and Diane Warren.   I'm surprised about Diane Warren, but maybe she had a hand in one of the new songs???  I did find though that she had a hand in a version of Solitaire, so I guess you could throw her in there, but I prefer to think of it as a Neil Sedaka song.  Anyway, here is the list of songs and their writer/artist! 

I'm still wondering if this was planned or if it was pure coincidence!

Lamont Dozier - I'll Be There & Where Did Our Love Go
   Gladys Knight - Midnight Train To Georgia
   Verdine White (Earth Wind & Fire) - September
   Lionel Ritchie - All Night Long
   Smokey Robinson (The Miracles) - My Girl & Tears of A Clown
   Neil Sedaka - Solitaire
   Bee Gees - Too Much Heaven

What do ya'll think? 

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
hotwaxonclay
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 06:16:05 PM »

I can see where you would find the connections with those songs and his tour. I think it is just a coinecidence...mainly b/c all the guest judges they had on the show had some of the biggest hits of their times. It is possible that he might have wanted to keep an AI2 aura to the show, but I dunno. I think it is mainly b/c the artists were pretty big at the time and Clay is covering the hits.
Invisible Touch
Claymaniac

Minneapolis, MN

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 09:18:44 PM »

Interesting topic!

I think I am correct in saying that Michael Orland helped with the song arrangements for JBT, if not forget what I am about to say.

Micheal Orland is the musical director or some kind of musical something (I guess I need to get a fact checker! ) on AI now and back on AI2.  I would venture to guess that in all of the things that he helped prepare for AI2, he was already very familiar with the guest judge's work and was able to make some of those suggestions in the prep for JBT.

I don't think it was necessarily a conscious effort on Micheal's or Clay's part to correlate JBT to AI2, they were just songs that they liked and made work in JBT.

"Clay Aiken is an ordinary-extraordinary human being.  I hope we always remember to treat him as that human being rather than the idol he chooses not to be."  – Kathy Malamut (Beavers on Idol)
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 02:02:41 AM »

sounds logical.....or, songs Clay already knew, so he'd have less chance to forget the words.... Laughing  Wink

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

ILClaymate
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 10:04:39 PM »

VERY interesting Heater!  I never would have put all those coincidences or intentional songs and judges together.

You just have so much GREAT random information going on in that head of yours, don't ya??  Super Happy!!!  (but you know I love it!)

Next time you see Clay (maybe at the airport?? Laughing), you can ask him this question!  Smile
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx