gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:10:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 422
Total: 422

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: An August I will NEVER forget. (here you go Donna)  (Read 9239 times)
djhorn73
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2005, 01:39:39 PM »

Oh thank you so much! Darn.. I wonder why some of them didn't go though... hmmm.... Do I need to send them again? Just let me know and I will do whatever I need to in order to get them to you. :) Thanks again!!!!
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2005, 04:51:24 PM »

Julie, thanks so much for sharing your photos with all of us!  I know how special it is to have his autograph.  I met him at the book signing here in Raleigh last winter.  I had a fantastic experience, but your's is just so special!  I'm so glad you decided to share your story here at Claymaniacs!! 

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2005, 05:31:05 PM »

Julie-

Hello. I am Lora and as you can see my screen name is HavinaClayAffair.

First- I am sorry I did not read this sooner! I knew it was here somewhere from peoples comments but I have not taken the time to check it out until now.

Guess what? I was at the OSF concert...heard the whole thing...saw Doug go on stage-everything. It was great. There was one little bit that I felt I shared with you...I am also from Fremont. When Clay asked -"Where ya from?"..I heard what I thought was Fremont...had to get my bearing as to WHERE I was, which concert I was at...(Also went to Toledo, Indy State Fair and The Fraze in Dayton)...The gals I was with turned around and looked at me..my eyes were BIG! I hollered out "ALL RIGHT FREMONT!!"..I should have hollered "Go LITTLE GIANTS!!"..and maybe THAT would have attracted your attention.

Doug sure did seem to have a good time and Clay was very gracious to him on stage..when we then heard "Doug and Julie" in Toledo..my same friends that attended OSF looked at me again. (Cool..a NEW Bob and Linda except they are from my hometown!!)

If you know who "Bob and Linda" are- please don't take offense as none is meant, to you OR them. Only meant that they were the recognized -what I assumed to be -married couple- from the past concert tours.

Anyway..I think it is great that you have had such an experience to keep in your memory bank for as long as you live.

I hope any medical issues you are having can either be corrected or in some way, be a blessing. Remember, we never know WHY something happens when it happens, it Just Does.

As Far as Fremont goes...I was back there about a month ago. My Mom still lives there as does my husbands Dad and step mom. My mom went to Toledo for her first Clay concert..I think I have permanently ClayVerted her. I had told her about the OSF concert and the guy chosen being from Fremont. Imagine her surprise- never being at a Clay concert before- and KNOWING the story from me.

I graduated in 83, my husband in 1980. My sister in..maybe 86??

Lived on Franklin St most of my whole school life right down from the High School. Are you born and bred and transplanted to Fremont??

Would love to hear from you!

Have a great night..maybe you are at the football game tonight!!

Thinking this is pretty cool-

Lora
djhorn73
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2005, 06:52:31 PM »

OH MY GOSH! I think I heard you say that!!! I looked back at my tape and I think I can hear you yell that! HOW COOL! Please drop me an e-mail when you get a chance. I would love to keep in touch with you! WOW my first Fremont Clay friend! HAHAHAH! Most of my "Clay friends" live HOURS away from me! This is pretty neat!!!

I actaully grew up in Vermilion Ohio! I moved to Fremont to go to Terra community collage. (I studied sign language.) I met my husband at the Terra gym! I was working out and he was down playing basketball. I happen to look down and see him playing and he had his shirt off.... needless to say... I couldn't finish my workout! But he was mr.smooth so I NEVER in a million years thought he would go for me! But he came up and asked me and my two friends to play vollyball with them... so we did (of course I felt like an idiot becuase I am NOT a sports playing kind of person! bad depth perseption kind of makes it a little difficult!) anyway..... I lived on North street for a little while when I FIRST came to Fremont in those appartments... but I did not like it there AT ALL! Then I got a roommate and she had some friends.. so we all got a house on.... get this... FRANKLIN STREET!!! We lived right smack on the corner of Franklin and miller! Anyway, then I moved out because the house was WAY to full... and my husband had actually gone to parties at our house but I wasn't ever down in the party because I didn't know anyone and I was dating a guy that had a collar on me so I never met Doug at the time! Anyway, then I broke up with that guy and I moved out on my own and lived next to the clock shop..... NOT a good place to live! (Long story!) Anyway... I hated living there by myself and I had starting talking to Doug more and more and we went on our first "date" to Wendy's in fremont! HAHAHAHA! Then eventually he didn't like where I was living so he moved me in with him... we were "roomates and friends".... then we eventually (7 years later!) got married! And we moved into our house which I just LOVE! We live out in Ballville township on Oak Drive! Do you know where that is?? Are you still in Fremont or did you move? When you come back to Fremont get a hold of me! We will do lunch and talk Clay! HAHAHA! My husband graduated in 92 from Ross... did you know him?? I think more people knew him that he knew them because he was mr.popular in school. (not like me!) Anyway.. drop me an e-mail so we can chat! How exciting! FINALLY someone from Fremont that I can talk Clay with!!! YIPPI!
djhorn73
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2005, 06:53:22 PM »

Oh.. one more thing...... I have heard the name of the two people you were talking about.... but I don't know who they are... who are they???
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2005, 07:21:26 PM »

Hey Julie!!

Well..first of all, no- I don't live there anymore..closer to Dayton now in Urbana.

Too freaky...lived on Franklin too!! Miller street?? By the stadium?? By Stamn school, where you used to live? I lived in the first block on Franklin, across from the church. It has green shutters now. My mom and G-ma live in Youngs in a new doublewide. Much easier for them to maintain and it is very nice.

My inlaws live on "new" Alger. On the corner across from the college....they actually own a set of duplexes that are in the backyard of North St Apts..um..yep- reputation there and I don't even live there!!

I know a few people that live in Ballville township....VERY NICE! You must be doing well for yourself!

Drop me a Private message or email about where you guys work> What you do. In Fremont? My mom works at a factory, my inlaws used to own The Clardon restaurant but sold it. It has sold several times since with several new names....

Wises clock shop?? My sister used to live upstairs there! Too funny! I believe there was a tattoo shop by the clock shop? A friends husband owns it...may not be there now- It may have relocated.

Are you kidding me you may actually here me saying that on your tape??- how embarassing but how could I not yell something?? It is not like we were in Clyde or something..we were in Columbus! HAHA!

I am too old to know anyone that graduated in- what did you say? 92?? 9 years younger than me..hmmm..pm or email me what your maiden name was and I will tell you mine too.

How very cool.

By the way, I also read your thread about the pins for Hurricane Victims....I will be participating very soon. I am the worlds biggest procrastinator! I don't really want to put a date on it! Nice idea though and I wish you guys success.

Not sure when I am heading back to Fremont...hopefully soon. My sister lives in Marblehead..my good friend from Fremont who now lives in Plymouth- her husbands' family is from Vermillion. Also a great town- very pretty on the water.

As far as "Bob and Linda"..only saw them myself 2 times. I understand they traveled to MANY concerts together...MANY- MANY...I always thought maybe they were writing a book. Clay acknowledged them for a while at most concerts...I can't imagine how much money they spent traveling from concert to concert. Some said they were very nice..others said they weren't.

Didn't matter to me...they were Clay fans, so I always had something in common with them.

Great getting to know you and YOU BET! When I come to town next..let's try very hard to get together! Maybe we could meet at Wendy's- across from where my Mom lives now. HAHA!

Have a good one and I look forward to getting to know you!

Lora

djhorn73
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2005, 05:49:58 PM »

I will e-mail you. :)
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx