gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:56:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 434
Total: 434

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My encounter with Mr. Aiken  (Read 6267 times)
sjlogghe
SuperFan

Clay's Geography Tutor

« on: August 29, 2005, 01:30:40 PM »

Well, almost one week ago I was out of my mind with nervousness over winning a M&G to see Clay.  It's taken awhile for me to post about it, but I know some people have asked me to - so here it is, my experience!  I hope you guys enjoy hearing about it as much as I enjoyed it happening.  Hope I didn't leave out any details!!

I arrived in Merrillville, IN, with the help of Thea (claydevotee), around 3:00 p.m.  I was getting nervous, excited, nauseous, the whole nine yards.  Thanks to Barb (wisconsinmaniac), Thea, Nancy (Barb's daughter), and Lexie (Barb's granddaughter), who graciously shared their hotel rooms with me, I had a place to get ready for my "date" - and 4 wonderful helpers in picking just the right outfit to wear.  After deciding on the green shirt with the white capris, I hurriedly changed so we could be on our way to the pre-party.  We arrived and were the first ones at Uno's, and were patiently awaiting everyone else to arrive.  The other Maniacs started rolling in - and it was soooo great to see everyone!!

Everyone ordered their food, Pat (Pat4Clay) had wonderful roses for everyone, Angela (ILClaymate) made awesome Clay Cd's with a mini framed picture of Clay as favors, and Thea was a great organizer of the party!  I of course did not order anything, because at this point I was not in any frame of mind to sit and eat a meal.  So I had a nice cold glass of water!  My time with everyone was very short, because I had to go back to the hotel room, make myself look presentable, and get back to venue in time to pick up my pass.  So I said my good byes, and drove back to the hotel. 

I was a wreck!!  I quickly curled my hair, tried to make everything stay in place, put my nice smelling lotion on, wrote my little note to Clay along with my gift, made sure I had my camera - with media card Wink - and off to the venue I went.  I got to the lobby, and ran into Lainey and another girl I had met at the Christmas concert in Chicago last year - Ann - and they told me how happy they were that I was getting to meet Clay, while I fished around for my license to pick up my pass.  Then came the waiting.  We waited by the box office for Nick and Clay's Bodyguard to come get us.  I talked with the other people waiting to go in, and how we all just could not believe that we were actually there.  Finally we got let into the venue, and got read our rights - One item signed, One picture with him, no kissing, hugging, pinching, talking, etc. of any sort would be allowed.  So then we got taken to the back of the venue, outside again, for more waiting.  We stood in a single file line against a brick wall, and the famed M&G table was at the beginning of the line - right in front of a door that lead backstage.  We waited forever!  (or at least it seemed that way, waiting for HIM to come out)  People kept going in and out - I told everyone that the only reason they were all doing that was because they knew when they came out, it would get a rise out of us because it just might be Clay.  And then, FINALLY, that little devil made his first appearance!!

He walked out, looked down the line, and said, "Well, I see they found a nice place for this to happen here today!" and laughed - clearly a nice brick wall and brown door was not the ideal background for a picture, not to mention outside on the loading deck of the theater with a semi right there.  And he saw all of our cameras poised and ready - and all of us scared to snap any - and then he said something like, "Yeah, you can take your pictures!"  And then they officially started.

There were about 14 people total, and I was towards the middle of the line.  I wanted to try to be last, but they let the people who paid the $2000 for BAF the auction go last.  So the line slowly started to move, and I was not even paying attention to what he was saying - let me tell you, no matter how many times you meet Clay, the nerves NEVER go away!!!  I finally got to the front of the line.  I handed my camera to the security guy, my gift to Mary, and she forgot to take my autograph item - so I had to hand it to Clay myself.  He looked at it and said, "Now what's this?"  I replied that it is supposed to be a CD, and that my mom had this bright idea.  I said, "she's a teacher, you know how they are!"  He laughed and said, "well that's good!  So what's this idea?  What are you going to do with it?"  Now, here is where I could kick myself in the butt.  Has Sarah ever been tongue tied in her life??  No.  Was she afraid to talk to Clay in front of a stadium of thousands of fans?  No.  So, then, why in the world did I all of a sudden become tongue tied during my one on one moment with Clay?!?!?!  Yep, that's right, at that question I sort of stuttered, then mumbled something about how I was going to get his autograph and the picture of him and I together framed.  I guess I expected him to ask what the thing was, but I never expected him to ask what I was going to do with it!  So then he says, "Okay, so do you want me to just sign it, or make it out to you?"  And by some grace of God I finally found my voice, looked him in the eyes, and said, "You can write anything you want to on it!"  He giggled, and then asked me my name, wrote it on there - asking if it was with an h or not, then wrote "use your voice", all the while still being a teacher and carefully centering the words on the CD, and then signed the very bottom.

He handed the autograph back to me, I said thank you, and he put his arm out for me to come around to get my picture taken.  I thought, okay, this is it, just for Mary (Pauluka) - I have to smell him!!!!  Seeing how there weren't any hugs allowed - and I wasn't going to get my picture taken with a wrinkled up nose - I tried to get a whiff when I first made my way around the table.  And Mary, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there was no distinct smell.  No cologne, no aftershave, nothing.  So I wrapped my arm around his waste, he put his arm around my waste, and he leaned his head down to put against mine for our picture.  (*almost died right there)  We smiled for the camera, Nick snapped it, and my 15 seconds was done.  Or so Mr. Bodyguard thought!!  Laughing  I said thank you, and as I was walking away - I turned around and said "Clay, could you please come visit us in Wisconsin again??"  He looked at me, laughed, and said, "I'll try, I'll try!!"  I said Thanks!  And walked down the line.  That was it, and I'm happy to bring you guys this:

I am sooo happy with the picture.  I don't know if it was because my eyes were glowing, or if Nick is just a good picture taker, but I swear that this is the first picture where I have not had to fix red eyes on me!!  It was an awesome experience, and however short it was, it was absolutely amazing to get to look into those beautiful green eyes one more time.  He was so sweet, smiley, funny - just Clay!!

Oh, and I almost forgot!!  I was sooo stressed out that a few days before, I had gotten a zit on the right side of my chin.  I don't ever wear make up, unless it is a special occasion.  Now, this definitely was a special occasion, but I though nah, I want him to see how I am every single day.  I was, however, going to remember to grab my foundation to at least cover up the zit.  But of course, I forgot it.  However, after seeing the picture I didn't feel so bad - if you look closely, Clay has a big zit on his chin too.  Actually, my zit and his zit are like mirrored opposites of each other, mine on my right chin and his on his left chin.  So I guess it was meant to be - we both had huge zits, that made the other person's zit look okay!!   

And that, my dear friends, is my recap of my meet and greet with His Royal Hotness.  It is definitely another memory that I will never forget, and I am so very glad that I am able to share it with all of you.

Faith is the substance of all things hoped for . . .
cynicalchica
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 01:59:25 PM »

that is so cool you are so lucky!

Thud! Thud! Thud!
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 02:09:12 PM »

SARAH,
THAT IS GREAT--YOU GAVE ME GOOSE BUMPS--I LOVED  READING YOUR CLAY ENCOUNTER.
THANKS FOR SHARING IT--THAT WAS VER SPECIAL---LOVED ALL THE PICTURES TOO ESPECIALLY THE ONE WITH YOU & CLAY!!

ALWAYS SAVOR THAT MOMENT,

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
hotwaxonclay
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 02:40:52 PM »

WOW Sarah...I felt the whole thing jsut as if I was you...lol.

I LOVE that picture of you and him...it is just darling!

Wow I think its meant to be between us...I have a zit RIGHT in the same spot as you lol.

But that was a great reenactment of your M&G...I really felt like I was you haha...I had chills....nausea...butterflies...so awesome darling! Purple Banana
Sasha
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 02:54:20 PM »

Sarah,
         Thanks for sharing your meet and greet, something you will never forget.  Great picture with you and Clay.

Keep smiling
Sasha

Liz, JJ and Julie our CLaymaniancs Angels
Supporting Clay 100%
Offical member of the RBT- I miss my rbt buddy
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 03:08:10 PM »

Sarah, you are just the best!!!! Love, love, love your story of that wonderful day!!! You look so very nice together!!! Wink love the zit part too!!!! Laughing

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 03:28:19 PM »

Sarah- So glad you decided to share your Meet and Greet with Clay. It's too bad he didn't remember meeting you before but your experance with him sounded wonderful. Too funny about the zits.  Laughing You and Clay look gorgeous in your picture.

It was nice meeting you but briefly at the preparty and to talk to you about meeting Clay before we went into the concert. Your pictures there of everyone turned out great too. Hope we meet again sometime.

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005, 03:37:05 PM »

Sarah,

Thanks sooo much for sharing your story!!  That was wonderful!!

I am thrilled that you got a M & G!!

Huggles Deanna

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
ann
UltimateFan

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2005, 04:02:29 PM »

Sarah - Great Job! See at the RTM! Love that new avie! That guy looks familiar.
mrsaiken3504
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2005, 08:04:31 PM »

Hey Sarah! Your story is too cute! Thanks for sharing! You two look so good together, and the whole zit thing is hilarious!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2005, 08:36:30 PM »

I had almost given up on you writing your meet and greet recap! You did a great job - it was so good to read - brought my meet and greet right back to me (not that it ever left!)  Laughing Great pictures, too!  Purple Banana

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2005, 08:43:22 PM »

Well if that isn't just the cutest pic!  Congratulations Sarah!!

That was a great recap; thanks for all the pictures too -
wave hey to people I haven't seen in ages and some I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet!! wave

It sounds like your meet and greet was fun - that's good - everyone seemed to have a nice experience and made the most of the moment.  YAY!

Your powers of recollection are marvelous my friend - thank goodness for that!

ILClaymate
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2005, 08:56:13 PM »

Sarah ~ GREAT M&G recap!!  I truly felt like I was there.  I'm glad we got to chat briefly before the M&G and concert.  Your picture turned out GREAT and I'm so glad you changed that avie too.  I just LOVE the M&G avies!! 
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2005, 09:17:50 PM »

Sarah Joy!

I could read your re-cap over and over.   It was exciting being there on that special day.  You told your story so well (and cute).     Clapping

No, I never remember you being tongue-tied ever before! Smile      In fact, you seemed quite calm while you were getting ready.   The rest of us were acting nervous.   Paranoid

Adorable picture of two of my favorite people!   Wink

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
Invisible Touch
Claymaniac

Minneapolis, MN

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2005, 10:00:40 PM »

Sarah - So good to hear the story of your meet and greet!!  I loved it!!  Felt like I was right there with you!  I'm sorry that I didn't allow you to talk me into coming to Merriville with you!    Sounds like I missed a fun preparty!

Awesome picture too!!  I love how close he gets!!   Thud!  Cherish the memory!

"Clay Aiken is an ordinary-extraordinary human being.  I hope we always remember to treat him as that human being rather than the idol he chooses not to be."  – Kathy Malamut (Beavers on Idol)
liney23
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2005, 08:37:08 AM »

Loved your story and pics, Sarah.  Can you believe how many layers that man is wearing?  He's so adorkable!
claydevotee
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2005, 08:44:12 AM »

Hey, MOLLY!  Good to see you wave!!!!

Sarah, your recap was a "great read"!!!!!  As I read, I felt I was with you and Clay the whole time   It was so much fun helping you prepare for your big moment!  I think it brought out extra motherly instincts in Wisconsin Barb and me....You are a young lady blessed with an abundance of "mothers" who love you and wish you all the best!!!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2005, 11:20:45 AM »

Sarah,

I really enjoyed reading your recap of your Clay experience.  Thanks for including all the details.  You have now had a few "Close Encounters of the Clay Kind."  I have always loved your avie of you on stage with Clay when you got to sing with him.  I will enjoy seeing this Avie, too.  What a great picture!

Hugs,
Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
sjlogghe
SuperFan

Clay's Geography Tutor

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2005, 11:48:29 AM »

I'm glad you guys all enjoyed my story.  I have sure had a lot of fun remembering it again!!  I think I am still on Cloud 9 - who knows if I will ever come back down!!  Thank you all for sharing it with me, I couldn't think of a better group of people to share such an amazing memory with!!

Faith is the substance of all things hoped for . . .
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx