gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:03:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 296
Total: 296

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vocalists Quiana Parler/Angela Fisher/Jacob Luttrell  (Read 5469 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: August 27, 2005, 09:07:43 PM »

Vocalists who have performed with Clay.

Jacob Luttrell - vocals, sax
Quiana Parler - vocals
Angela Fisher - vocals
Ernie Halter - vocals, acoustic guitar
Sholanda Wilson - vocals
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 09:22:11 PM »

Quiana's sampler CD is available through her website, linked above.

Jacob's CD will be out November 1st!  Details will be available at his website, also scheduled to go live on or before November 1:  http://www.jacobluttrell.com

Angela's CD is available through her website, linked above.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 08:50:50 PM »

From the interview:

EW:  You're really ready to launch this solo career now, yet there are continuing opportunities to still do backup gigs.  How difficult is it to go back and forth between those "opposite end of the spectrum" endeavors?  When you're working as backup, are you bursting at the seams, so to speak, to get your talent to the forefront?

Luttrell:  No, I've learned to do it all.  It's baby steps, really.  It's all good, and I feel like I'm right where I'm supposed to be at this point in time.

EW:  But, do you ever get impatient?  Do you ever feel just a bit of frustration when you're "in the back" and you feel like it's your time to be "in the front?"

Luttrell:  Sure, there are times. Because I've been payin' my dues since I was 15, and sometimes I lose it a little and wonder, 'When do I get my turn to step out?'  But that's where faith comes in.  When I feel the negatives, I take a deep breath and then put it in God's hands.  That's what I've done before, and He's taken it where He wants me to go.

Read the full interview at ENTERTAINMENT WORLD
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 08:51:39 PM »

Voice Coach to Voice Coach – An Interview with Clay Aiken Backup Singer Quiana Parler
by Barbara Pasternack -- 09/12/2005

Clay Aiken has assembled a talented group of backup singers and musicians, many of whom have accompanied him on all three of his successful tours. Barbara Pasternack had a chance to sit down with Quiana Parler, a former AI2 competitor, and shares their conversation here.

I have been around the music industry for many years, and very few vocalists have blown me away. But Quiana Parler is just that kind of vocalist. I had the privilege of first hearing her rich and powerful voice when I attended last year’s Clay Aiken/ Kelly Clarkson Independent Tour concert.

I was curious to find out more about this incredible talent and did some research. Quiana and I connected and, last week, I was able to sit down with her in Atlantic City where she was performing with Clay Aiken’s Juke Box Tour. Our interview was supposed to be a thirty minutes long, but Quiana and I really clicked, and by the time we had finished our conversation, two and a half hours had elapsed.

Quiana was among the top 49 finalists for the second season of American Idol, and boy did they make an error not allowing her to continue further in the competition! She is a native of Charleston, South Carolina, where she performs and, like me, is a voice coach. We discovered that we both admire the same singers and genres of music and, because of this, we bonded immediately. I am not only impressed with this young woman’s talent, but also with her level of maturity for a 25-year-old entertainer.

Read the rest at FOXES ON IDOL
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 08:54:45 PM »

The South Carolina country girl who is best known at this time as a backup singer for Clay Aiken could one day take her pick—Pop, Soul or Jazz and probably become the new queen of any of those music genres.  She’s that good. But is that what she really wants, and will she give up certain things in life to attain it?

When I first met Miss Quiana Parler in Interlochen, Michigan it was August
2005. She was on tour with Clay Aiken and her fellow backup vocalists, Jacob Luttrell and Angela Fisher. This was The Jukebox Tour, and they were having lots of fun with it. 

With Jukebox, Quiana had the opportunity to experience several decades of music from the 50’s through the present every night onstage with Aiken and the band. Each tour that she does adds another sprinkle of seasoning to the talented singer’s mélange of musical skills. She has been hitting the road with him since his beginning in the business, and is now gaining a following herself because people are moved by her voice.

Read the rest at Entertainment World.
woman4life
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 02:07:38 PM »

Ernie also has a cd called, "Lo-Fi" that you can get from him.   Check him out on myspace.  Ernie is a great guy! :)  And I like his music, too.    Also, he plays a lot of places in Southern California.  He was able to do a few concerts in Hawaii a little while back which he was very excited about, and I believe he will be playing in Nashville for a date real soon.   Let me know if you are in Nashville area and want more info., and I'll look it up.

--Melanie

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx