gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:28:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 266
Total: 266

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mario gets recording deal  (Read 1841 times)
stellium
« on: August 17, 2005, 04:51:54 AM »

(from sirlinksalot.com,  an entertainment writer announces a new contract for Mario)

Mario's Scheme Works

You may recall the story about Mario Vazquez, the kid who bolted mid-season from "American Idol" last winter. He'd been convinced by his lawyer — the same lawyer who represented Clay Aiken — to leave the show rather than stay and sign a management contract with the "Idol" producers.

I can tell you now that the strategy worked. Mario, according to my sources, has signed a lucrative deal with legendary record executive Clive Davis and Davis' J Records.

Even better: Vazquez will be managed by another legend, Arnold Steifel, the man who has guided Rod Stewart's rocketing career for over 30 years.

The deal will be announced right after Labor Day, sources tell me. But no time is being wasted: even as we speak, Vazquez is in the studio recording tracks under Davis' watchful eye.

This news should be a big deal for several reasons: If Vazquez had stayed on "American Idol" and won — which he likely would have done — he would have wound up on J Records anyway.

The main difference is now he won't have to live under a management agreement with 19 Entertainment and Simon Fuller.

Fuller doesn't look so good in this deal, but you never know. Perhaps sensing an end to "American Idol" madness, he sold his company for millions of dollars earlier this year.

And there's a rumor that "Idol" winners will no longer record for J Records. Fuller is said to be shopping around for a new home.

Davis, as usual, comes out on top. He has the next big pop star and is off the hook if "Idol" is indeed on the wane.

stellium
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 04:54:42 AM »

Mario will have the advantage of being discovered by Idol audiences without ever having the "stigma" of going through the American Idol competition to receive a record deal.
Kramer
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 04:01:44 PM »

You know, I'm wondering if his album will sell in great numbers.  I, for one, feel rejected that he quit American Idol.  I won't buy his album.  I thought he got too big for his britches.  Maybe other people feel differently, but how can he have the promotion and fans that Clay, Kelly, Carrie, etc. have when he didn't follow through? Paranoid
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx