gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:03:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 335
Total: 335

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: STAR PLAZA THEATRE MERRILLVILLE IN FAN REVIEWS  (Read 2253 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: July 15, 2005, 06:12:28 AM »

AUG 23

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
illiniclayfan
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 08:13:14 AM »

Clapping  Good Morning all.  I have to post to say how great the Merrillville concert was.  I "dragged" my husband to the concert, and all he did on the way home was to rave about how much fun it was.  He even got up this morning and this time THANKED ME for taking him to the concert.  He is very reserved, so his reaction is a true testimony to how great Clay is (which we all know).

On the way home he and I were talking about the special way Clay has when he sings live, and how I want this captured for his albums.  I know this is not original, but Clay and his staff really need to think about putting out an album of CLAY LIVE.  They need to record his songs as he draws his energy from us, which definitely lifts him to levels not often seen on stage.  His concerts are one where love is given and taken and we all energize each other.

That being said, I have to say a little about the concert itself.  It was great seeing people at the concert who were there for the first time and the 40th.  The person sitting next to me was a first timer and when we left I asked if she would come again, and she said without a doubt.  A guy was next to my husband who was there for the first time (his wife had gone 3 times to JBT), and throughout the concert he and my husband kept turning to each other grinning and saying what a great time they were having. 

Clay, Angela, Jacob, Qiana were all fantastic.  Clay's interaction with the audience and his teacher mode at times were great Naughty.  Clay has grown in his comfort on stage and his humor is definitely showing itself.  All in my area laughed, danced and sang along.

Clay's voice.  What can be said about that.  He was fantastic.  He had fun and was able to deliver the rocker songs, the ballads and all in between with great skill. 

Overall the concert was great and am sorry it is over.  Thud! Super Happy!!! hypnotic ROFLMAO wave Clapping

4aiken
Claynewbie

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 05:59:01 AM »

I thought the concert was great. I loved seeing Clay get his groove on. His dancing was fun to watch.  I love it when he talks to the audience.  He has a way about him that makes you feel like he is talking to just you.  One thing that irritated me was when he was singing a beautiful ballad, several women in the audience shouted " I love you, Clay".  People around were saying "Shusssss".  I think they should have been more respectful of him and saved their "I love yous" for when he was just chatting with the audience.  I love and respect him with all my heart and can't wait until his Christmas concert and new CD (Moam is really worn out).

Can't put my finger on it
ILClaymate
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 02:26:33 PM »

Merrillville was my 3rd and final concert of the JBT.  It was definitely the best out of the 3 concerts without a doubt.  I have NEVER been closer than 10th row at a Clay concert.  In Merrillville, I had a 5th row seat which is why this concert which exceptionally well.  But there were other factors too.  Clay was in a really chatty, bubbly mood that night and interacted ALOT with the audience.  The front row was so close to the stage that they could stretch out their arms and touch it.  And the gals on the sides in the front row were allowed to stand directly against the stage.  Clay even made the comment when he sat down to play the piano about them.  He turned around and said "Wow, you are just RIGHT there now, aren't ya?"  It was adorable.  Another scary/funny moment was during GBOF.  When he jumped up on the piano, he slipped.  I thought he was going to slid right off but he did catch himself.  He was laughing about it afterwards and said he thought he was going to end up in Svon's lap there for a minute!  He made a note to the staff that they needed more nonskid stuff on the piano next time!!  He did alot of dancing and even tried some extra dance steps during the 80's/Can't Touch This segment.  It was really cute.  During the Stump the Band segment, he was very chatty and started reading some of the signs but when there were several for 'Touch' he said he was only going to pick on people who were NOT raising up a sign and were not shouting out but were quietly raising their hands (LOVE Teacher Clay!).  He seemed to me to be picking people with brighter colored shirts on because it was easier to call on them.  My plain popular white shirt didn't get picked although he did look at me.  He did pick the lady which was a few seats down from me and she picked the song I would have chosen, "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me."  I was SO glad that he was going to sing it!  Then he moved to the other side to pick another person who chose "Brown Eyed Girl".  He didn't know the lyrics very well for this one and no one had the lyrics for him.  Quiana helped him a little with it so they basically just ended up humming most of it until the chorus!  It was a wonderful, LONG evening due to chatty Clay but I enjoyed every moment of it!  I am definitely spoiled now as I don't want anything less than 5th row again!!  It was an unforgettable evening.  THANK YOU CLAY for being you!

It was also GREAT meeting up with other Claymaniacs before the concert for dinner.  I had met some of them before at Christmas time in Chicago for the JNT - Lisa (LBJ), Julie (Juls), Barb (Wisconsinmaniac), Sarah (sjlogghe), and Thea (Claydevotee).  It was nice to get to chat with them again and we look forward to HOPEFULLY meeting again in Chicago for JNT2.  I was able to meet for the first time Tiffany, Johanna (Claysharmony), Jennifer (lovingclay), and Pat (pat4clay).  It was fun meeting them and getting to know them better.  Thea, thanks again for coordinating our pre-party!  You did a great job!!  And thanks Pat for providing us with the beautiful roses!  Hope to meet up with all of you someday again at another concert somewhere!!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx